Type keyword(s) to search

Will Selena Be VEEP?

Stella
  • Start Topic

I cannot imagine how the story works if Selena is no longer POTUS. Setting aside the loose interpretation of the Constitution the writers may or may not have employed, I think the rest of the story and characters kind of implode if she is not the president.

For one thing she has no need of Ben & Kent as the VEEP.  Are they going to work for Tom James? And essentially be her contact with POTUS like before? As VEEP she really only needs Gary, Sue, Amy & Mike. Because as VEEP again she will be more neutered than ever. They kind of made it clear that she wouldn't be able to run again if Tom is POTUS (in the show's universe.) So Dan works for Tom James too? His bagman?

And any other government job or something in the private sector doesn't really make sense for these characters. She wouldn't be taking the entourage along. Maybe one or two of them but it doesn't work too well. Plus Jonah is a congressman. I feel certain the show will stay in the political realm with Selena.

So I am still fingers crossed that she will be POTUS. 

The writers might have painted themselves into a corner.  They kept upping the stakes and expanding the cast.  This has helped keep the quality high - I'm amazed this show is still so good in season 5 - when many sitcoms are running out of gas.

Part of the humor in the first two seasons was that the position of Vice President - although important - comes with little power or responsibility.  A running joke was Selina forever asking Sue if the President called; the answer was always "no".  The she became president and she had the opposite problem - too much to do.  The show successfully made that transition and was still great.   They might have to pivot/make big changes for Season 6. Maybe shed some cast.  But Selina has to stay in politics somehow.

9 hours ago, Roaster said:

The writers might have painted themselves into a corner.  They kept upping the stakes and expanding the cast.  This has helped keep the quality high - I'm amazed this show is still so good in season 5 - when many sitcoms are running out of gas.

Part of the humor in the first two seasons was that the position of Vice President - although important - comes with little power or responsibility.  A running joke was Selina forever asking Sue if the President called; the answer was always "no".  The she became president and she had the opposite problem - too much to do.  The show successfully made that transition and was still great.   They might have to pivot/make big changes for Season 6. Maybe shed some cast.  But Selina has to stay in politics somehow.

this is what will happen.  montes will be declared ineligible to be president because no one vetted her to be a natural born citizen. they will milk that storyline and chaos for one whole season.

9 hours ago, Roaster said:

Well, doing 8-10 episodes instead of 22 is a bit of a cheat. They have done a little more than the equivalent of 2 seasons of a traditional network show.

Nothing can ever go right for too long for Selena. I think being Veep worked better for the show so for me that was the silver lining when it looked like Tom would get the Presidency after dragging out the election for way too long. For now I'm not sure where the show goes. I just hope they get there in episode 1 and stay put. 2-3 years of election drama has been too much.