Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Jinger seems head over heels right now, but Jeremy was strategic for her too. He was a ticket out of Duggarville (for a minute at least), freedom to wear pants, and not be pitied or stuck on the shelf.

They're a pretty good match both ways.

I didn't watch the show, but when I read here about how wide-eyed Jinger was when seeing Jer's apartment for the first time, I thought it was the space. She was marvelling that "all" this space was just his. Now she gets to share space - a whole apartment - with only one person. Marrying Jeremy gives Jinger a room of her own, so to speak. One of two not number 6 of 19.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Slight addition to #2: Jeremy hears THROUGH THE SEEWALDS that Duggars will be on a mission trip (that he hadn't heard about prior to talking with Benessa). I think I'd just go ahead and make this #1. 

You're totally right.  Jeremy planned the entire thing.  He was a Duggar humper!   So...he had no idea that they didn't hug or snuggle or kiss before marriage?  

Jeremy never watched the show?  Never read the book that the girls "wrote" even after he met Jinger?  He never discussed this with Benessa?  HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE???

Jeremy snuggled up Jinger right in front of Jim Bob just to piss him off!  Plus, he is a liar in his TH. 

• Love 3

You mis-read my post. I said that Benessa DID discuss the mission trip with Jeremy, and that's how he got involved with it to get closer to Jinger. 

#1 would probably be: Jeremy meets Duggars via Benessa, has interest in Jinger, but isn't permitted to talk to her (or only indirectly in groups) via Duggar Rules. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

You mis-read my post. I said that Benessa DID discuss the mission trip with Jeremy, and that's how he got involved with it to get closer to Jinger. 

#1 would probably be: Jeremy meets Duggars via Benessa, has interest in Jinger, but isn't permitted to talk to her (or only indirectly in groups) via Duggar Rules. 

I meant he spoke to Benessa and then booked himself a missioncation!   He zoned in on Jinger. 

I forgot, how the heck did Ben and Jeremy meet?? or was that one of those "oh, he's a friend" situations? 

Jeremy is stealthy.  

Ben and Jessa had a free evening in San Antonio and found a "fellowship" (not sure of the venue or house). They met Jeremy there. It was May 2015. Jeremy traveled to AR soon after and met the rest of the Duggars. He had to have said something to Ben (and maybe even Jessa) of an interest in Jinger in the interim to get him booked on that mission trip making him tighter with the Duggar clan and Boob's good graces. 

• Love 1

Wonder if Jeremy wanted the meet the Duggars or specifically Meek Jinger? 

Jeremy is a such a famewhore. I remember he was on the Baby shower episode, right?  He was in the supermarket with the Duggs. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Mollie said:

I understand that they all want to remain "pure until marriage", but then what happens after marriage?  Do they become impure?

Nope. They presumably become righteously fulfilled.

I have my doubts on the "fulfilled" part for some of them. Notably, Meeeeechelle. For example. Nevertheless...

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Marigold said:

You're totally right.  Jeremy planned the entire thing.  He was a Duggar humper!   So...he had no idea that they didn't hug or snuggle or kiss before marriage?  

Jeremy never watched the show?  Never read the book that the girls "wrote" even after he met Jinger?  He never discussed this with Benessa?  HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE???

Jeremy snuggled up Jinger right in front of Jim Bob just to piss him off!  Plus, he is a liar in his TH. 

Stuff like this is why I'm so meh on those two as a couple. As fake as everything the Duggars say and do on camera, Jingle and Babe really go the extra mile with pretending that their relationship happened organically. Yeah, sure, they're just normal people and soccer player Jeremy is a totally normal guy just like the average viewer who didn't even know the Duggar rules, let alone believed in them! 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, mimionthebeach said:

I didn't watch the show, but when I read here about how wide-eyed Jinger was when seeing Jer's apartment for the first time, I thought it was the space. She was marvelling that "all" this space was just his. Now she gets to share space - a whole apartment - with only one person. Marrying Jeremy gives Jinger a room of her own, so to speak. One of two not number 6 of 19.

I agree with you - she was seriously enchanted with the concept.  Any aspects of the apartment's relative meanness flew over her head when confronted with the concept that he Lives! On! His!  Own!  I mean, has she ever known anyone her own relative age who has been allowed to live alone, lol?

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Marigold said:

Wonder if Jeremy wanted the meet the Duggars or specifically Meek Jinger? 

Jeremy is a such a famewhore. I remember he was on the Baby shower episode, right?  He was in the supermarket with the Duggs. 

So Jinger and Jeremy were basically a business deal brokered by the next family patriarch Jessa Seewald.  Makes sense.  

PS I know their culture but I still say out of all the older boys Jessa is the only one with enough balls to lead the clan.  Truth-Jim Bob has always seemed slightly scared of Jessa, while Michelle loves her third best.

Edited by flyingdi
Her name is not Heads, Spellcheck!
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, jb0495 said:

Jinger is wearing PANTS you guys! Looks like Jessa & co took a trip to Waco, Texas. Stopped into Magnolia Market, wonder if they saw Chip & Joanna Gaines. 

I LOVE IT!  And what a big FU to Jim Bob's headship.

• Love 15

Quote from Jessa's instagram: "IM DED THIS IS POSSIBLY THE BEST PIC EVER CHIP AND JOANNA ARE ICONIC BUT THEN THROW IN JESSA MY QUEENS ARE TOGETHER AND THE UNIVERSE IS GREAT."

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Jinger's in pants and Jessa looks like a total frump. I love it.

But a frump with her knees on display.

Who took care of Sierra's kids while she was off with the girls?

And are they allowed to watch Chip and Joanna?  Joanna wears pants and Chip is often shirtless (unfortunately for us all!)

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

But a frump with her knees on display.

Who took care of Sierra's kids while she was off with the girls?

And are they allowed to watch Chip and Joanna?  Joanna wears pants and Chip is often shirtless (unfortunately for us all!)

The tacos 4 life girl and Sierra live blogged it. Apparently their husbands are taking care of the kids while they road tripped there. I wonder if it was filmed.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 2

I also wonder how her sisters feel that she's had the independence and opportunity to move away from home base and on to mainstream clothes, and they've stayed at home in skirts. May be kind of a bitter realization for jessa and Jana. 

• Love 10

I don't think Jinge has camel toe....the pants are knit ( pants!! and knit!!) and they look wrinkled from traveling. She also has on a high-low top.....girl has been doing some shopping! Good for her.....seems like she's having fun.

Jessa's "Wifey" top is the worst thing I've ever seen on these idiots....is it a "Bachelorette Party" leftover ? (Bachelorette Party is in quotes, because I'm positive it wasn't anything like a normal one.) If anyone called me "Wifey" , I would have to slap them.

Does Sierra (that is Sierra, right?) have a "Blessed Mama" top? Do they all get one, like an award,  once they give birth?  

Can't picture Jinge or Jana wearing those stupid shirts. Or any Bates girl. Like ever.

• Love 17
54 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Jinge does not look pregnant.

Nice to see Jana included with the married sisters.

She doesn't look pregnant at all. GOOD. I hope nobody harasses her for not being instantly knocked up. It's okay to wait a few years Jinger, no shame.

30 minutes ago, drafan said:

I don't think Jinge has camel toe....the pants are knit ( pants!! and knit!!) and they look wrinkled from traveling. She also has on a high-low top.....girl has been doing some shopping! Good for her.....seems like she's having fun.

Jessa's "Wifey" top is the worst thing I've ever seen on these idiots....is it a "Bachelorette Party" leftover ? (Bachelorette Party is in quotes, because I'm positive it wasn't anything like a normal one.) If anyone called me "Wifey" , I would have to slap them.

Does Sierra (that is Sierra, right?) have a "Blessed Mama" top? Do they all get one, like an award,  once they give birth?  

Can't picture Jinge or Jana wearing those stupid shirts. Or any Bates girl. Like ever.

I don't think she has camel toe either. Just slightly wrinkled pants. She's still modest. We don't see anything.

Wifey = we get it Jessa, you win. You're a WIFE. That's the most important goal you'll ever achieve. *slow clap*

Sierra - Mother of the Year never seems to be near her kids. Just like Michelle. 

Glad Jana gets to hang out with the marrieds. I just wish she'd snatch a pair of Jinger's jeans and wear them all over the TTH.

Back to Jinger in Pants - so if the headship can decide if pants are modest or not, doesn't that prove that this is just about control and not actual scripture or true modesty?

• Love 22
23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa and Sierra are so vain. They're wearing labeled shirts to explain their less than fit bodies.

LOL So that explains it. That Jessa, she's a sly one.

15 minutes ago, Anonymousie said:

Can anybody else see Jinger's bra through her shirt? I see the top edge of the cups, and the white showing through. 

Shhhhhh.....if Mullet or JB reads here, she will be shamed back into that fundy-wear layering.

• Love 2

I must also observe, Sierra's got good legs.  Credit where it goes.

I guess Jinger hasn't yet learned to examine herself through backlighting, etc., before she leaves the house?  I practically live in nude colored bras in the warmer months, with all those thin jersey knit tees, for a reason (workplace decency + pure laziness, haha).

The, cough, "Wifey line", seems big...

https://www.google.com/search?q=wifey+google+images&rlz=1CAHPZQ_enUS723US724&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjjmMa2sKDTAhXJ5lQKHbhDA_sQ_AUICCgB&biw=1366&bih=646#tbm=isch&q=wifey+shirt

• Love 6

I wonder if the Seewalds will be staying in the Vuolos spare room for this trip. Jana can sleep on the living room couch with baby Henry by her side to give Jessa and Ben some good night's rest...eyeroll...

• Love 4

Look at Jessa being all down with the lingo the cool kids use! You go girl! 

I think Jinger's wearing a foam cup bra that's either too big or is old and needs to be replaced. I know my bras are done when the top edges start popping out like that. As for the pants, I have this probably silly theory that it's a sign that she really intends to stay off social media for the most part, so since she won't be reading the comments about what she's wearing, she feels free to wear what she wants. 

Jana really is the best dresser of the Duggar bunch. 

• Love 3

I would love to know how the first pants buying shopping trip went. Did she go buck wild, try on every pair in the store, have a total shopping spree, or timidly try on one pair and buy the one and only pair she tried? I'm not loving the pants and shirt combo, but the picture with the jacket really ties it together and and she looks adorable. I suspect she's going to become quite the fashionista, like him or not, Jeremy dresses well and looks to have expensive tastes at that. I can't wait till she really pulls the trigger and get's herself a bob or pixie cut. She's got the face and build for a super cute short haircut.

• Love 7

There was a picture of Jinger in pants a few years back. Granted, they were track pants and she was sitting down in the TTH, but she's not new to pants, and I think she might have worn them often in private. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, queenanne said:

I must also observe, Sierra's got good legs.  Credit where it goes.

I guess Jinger hasn't yet learned to examine herself through backlighting, etc., before she leaves the house?  I practically live in nude colored bras in the warmer months, with all those thin jersey knit tees, for a reason (workplace decency + pure laziness, haha).

The, cough, "Wifey line", seems big...

https://www.google.com/search?q=wifey+google+images&rlz=1CAHPZQ_enUS723US724&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjjmMa2sKDTAhXJ5lQKHbhDA_sQ_AUICCgB&biw=1366&bih=646#tbm=isch&q=wifey+shirt

Yeah, Wifey seems to be a thing these days. I remember being annoyed years back when I heard Ashton Kutcher refer to Demi as "wifey" in an interview, and now I'm seeing it a lot of Facebook with my nieces friends who are married (they're all in their early twenties, none of them fundy). Still annoys me.

Well done Jinger for the pants. Now if only she'd rebel a little bit more, and start spelling her name Ginger.

• Love 4

Jinger doesn't look pregnant to me either.  And she certainly doesn't look five months, considering someone said it was a honeymoon baby.

I'm sure her parents will have plenty to say about it once the six months are up. Unless JinJer ban visiting for another six months or the courtships keep them too busy.

Actually the arc encounters trip was  possibly a brilliant idea for them. They can tell JB and Michelle they just saw them and possibly use that they just saw them to stall off an immediate visit.  On the other there were so many people on that trip it would be hard for JB and Michelle to have quiet time and bring up personal matters.

Also you can tell it's a recent picture by how big the baby is. Jessa looks great considering she had a baby a few months ago.

In some ways I'm surprised Joy wasn't there.  A trip to Magnolia market with all the ladies seems like the perfect bachelorette party for them, and yet no sign of her.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, jb0495 said:

Jinger is wearing PANTS you guys! Looks like Jessa & co took a trip to Waco, Texas. Stopped into Magnolia Market, wonder if they saw Chip & Joanna Gaines. 

IMG_9996.PNG

I'm hoping this wasn't filmed because I enjoy Fixer Upper. I've read that the Gaines are Fundy-lite, but their kids are cherished, go to school and they don't promote their views on their show.

57 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I've read that the Gaines are Fundy-lite, but their kids are cherished, go to school and they don't promote their views on their show.

Chip and Joanna Gaines worship at Antioch Church where the pastor is a homophobe who supports "conversion therapy," and opposes LGBTQ rights. Of course, to maintain their empire, the Gaineses have tried to distance themselves from that part of the pastor's beliefs. However, I find it hard to believe that if they did not share those beliefs, that they would continue to worship at the church. I will not support any of the Gaineses endeavors - shows, books, merch, etc. 

• Love 21

Looks like this wasn't a girls only trip since Ben was there.  I understand why Henry had to go but couldn't Ben have stayed home with Spurge & GO TO WORK like most fathers do?  I guess JB approved his vacation leave.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

In some ways I'm surprised Joy wasn't there.  A trip to Magnolia market with all the ladies seems like the perfect bachelorette party for them, and yet no sign of her.

Are you kidding me?  Don't you understand that someone has to stay home and look after Michelle's kids?  

15 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Looks like this wasn't a girls only trip since Ben was there.  I understand why Henry had to go but couldn't Ben have stayed home with Spurge & GO TO WORK like most fathers do?  I guess JB approved his vacation leave.

Jessa never goes anywhere without her manslave.  Maybe she's also afraid of leaving him at home and unsupervised.

• Love 8

I have the feeling Jana was only allowed to hang out with the marrieds because Jessa needed a nanny to watch the kids while she and Bin did date night with Jeremy and Jinger.  I'm sure Joy was on Mommy-slave duty back at the TTH. 

• Love 12
53 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I have the feeling Jana was only allowed to hang out with the marrieds because Jessa needed a nanny to watch the kids while she and Bin did date night with Jeremy and Jinger.  I'm sure Joy was on Mommy-slave duty back at the TTH. 

My thoughts are even more cynical...someone (Hi Jessa!) read the bit of backlash over Jana saying that she's sometimes sad that she can't hang out with her married siblings because apparently single people aren't allowed when a bunch of couples are in the same room. So now, of course, we get pictures of Jana traveling with married people because they're totally normal people.

• Love 13

I posted on Jill's thread not too long ago that Jill is as frumpy as her mother. Now, it gives me great pleasure to say that Jinger looks pretty, happy and not frumpy at all while prickly, vain Jessa looks as frumpy as her mother.

• Love 10