Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

People give in offerings and collections.  They just don't usually give 10% of their income (what a tithe means - a tenth). 

I'm sure they take up an offering at Jeremy's church.  The question many people have is with such a small congregation are they able to meet their bills and also pay Jeremy a salary.  He may being paid by the the overall governing group of Grace Community churches or by the church in Austin and he may be on a time table to grow the church enough to be self-supporting. 

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, ariel said:

They are helped out in the US by not having to pay taxes.

Not being taxed doesn't pay for the upkeep of the buildings (and other expenses). They encourage people to tithe and some (or many) people do. They also can raise money for certain projects (for example getting a new roof) by hosting events, fundraising or just getting people to do work for less, etc. 

3 minutes ago, Absolom said:

People give in offerings and collections.  They just don't usually give 10% of their income (what a tithe means - a tenth). 

exactly. 

The final solution, of course if they're desparate, is to have a website with a large DONATE button and see if any does. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 4

My friend is Indian and she is orthodox Christian of some sort.  Her church is all Indian people.  She gets a yearly bill from her church.  Church is a big part of her life.  Services are a few hours each Sunday and for big holidays like Easter she spends all day at church.

• Love 1

Some Eastern Orthodox (plus other branches of Orthodoxy) churches operate on a dues system.  Most are moving or have moved away from that to a pledge system where people make pledges and they make up the church budget based on expected income rather than dividing up the church budget by members.  I can't see any church similar to the type Jeremy pastors ever attempting a dues based approach.  I think all their members would flee fairly quickly. 

• Love 3

When our older son started school, we put him in the Catholic school connected with the church we attended. My husband was typically fairly generous with what he put in the offering envelope every week, but never filled out our name on it, preferring the concept of anonymous giving. Until the church demanded that we account for what we were contributing since we had a child in the school. There was no set minimum or anything, but they said they needed to know what our contribution was to keep our son in the school. My husband explained his stance, and told them that we certainly donated what we could, but he wasn't going to attach his name to it. They dug in their heels and so did we, and transferred our son to the public school in town. Their loss. But given that even back then I was more agnostic than anything else, I wasn't all that upset about the way it played out.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, DkNNy79 said:

Services are a few hours each Sunday and for big holidays like Easter she spends all day at church.

Wow, that's dedication.  The Methodist services here are only an hour, from 10 am to 11 am, so people can go straight from church to brunch.....*LOL*

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Not being taxed doesn't pay for the upkeep of the buildings (and other expenses).

It certainly doesn't hurt.  I wish I had that perk. It would help in the upkeep of my house and other expenses.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I'm sure they take up an offering at Jeremy's church.  The question many people have is with such a small congregation are they able to meet their bills and also pay Jeremy a salary.  He may being paid by the the overall governing group of Grace Community churches or by the church in Austin and he may be on a time table to grow the church enough to be self-supporting. 

This is why I wonder every time I see Jeremy away from his church yet again. There are definitely specific expectations for him to grow that congregation. And while I suppose any Duggar-adjacent sees his Duggar-adjacency as a major draw for others, I doubt that it's the best way to nourish his little Laredo plant into a tree. I'm crazy enough to think that he'd really want to. 

(Off topic but I can't help myself -- The "church tax" thing is a historical phenomenon you find in quite a few European countries. Long ago, of course, European countries' "official" churches were supported by the king/the state and in return churches told everybody that the local king ruled by "divine right."! As those traditional regimes died over the past several centuries, that left churches without a lot of their traditional support, so a bunch of countries put in church taxes to help keep these traditional institutions going. As Europe grows more secular, and religious denominations proliferate, they've become more and more controversial. U.S. history is far different in this regard -- hence, why there's no church tax to prop up Jer's plant. ha)

• Love 2

I think if you take a look at developing countries where religion can often be much more dogmatic, tithing takes place even if it is not "enforced".  One of the interesting things about the current Pope is he came under a lot of negative scrutiny in his own church as he often pointed out the disparity between the people he served and the impact their tithing, "voluntary" or not had on their own lives compared to the luxury that it went towards in the higher reaches of the Catholic Church.  The reason I use quotes on voluntary is because having seen how some churches of various denominations in such cultures, the idea is that is is up to the individual but the implied undertone is that any don't give as much as they can is not a good _____________ (insert religion here).  and often "good enough" is more than the individual or their families should surrender to keeping an organization afloat.  I have seen all kinds of religious practices, Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist etc. in some way or form Faithmail their people to provide Organizational support beyond taking care of the fellow needy.

And in this specific case, wouldn't Jeremy's tithes basically pay his own salary at the church?  Or go through the loophole of tax write offs to provide for himself in terms of lodging and food depending on how that church takes care of their satellite minister.   I'd like to see their financials and how Jeremy balances his monetary gains with the show and his role as pastor in this church.  I would not be surprised if the TLC paycheck grossly overshadows his pastor "pay".  Not that I think TLC is making him rich.  I just tend to think there can't be much to the spoon stirring the pot in Laredo.  Or much to stir in a piddling pot with the numbers of the congregation.  But I wonder how much he is "giving" back to the church?  Does he preach for free or does he double dip as it were?  (as irreligious as I am I actually know of two cases where small struggling churches have ministers that have jobs so their churches don't have to pay them.  One basically works two to keep the power and heat on in the church as well as does all the lawn care, painting etc.-  something tells me that the prissy smug Jeremy is more 'Let's talk About Jesus...and how he makes Me feel and be").

• Love 1

There are several churches in America called Grace Community Church, but they all appear to be independent and not part of any umbrella organization.

Jeremy's church in Laredo is not funded by the church in San Antonio.  It's not on the list of ministries the San Antonio church oversees or supports financially.   Jeremy says that he was asked to go there by Tim Conway of the San Antonio church, but Tim and his wife might have just been trying to get rid of him since he was mooching free room and board from them for two years. http://gccsatx.com/missions-ministries

So, Jeremy has to figure out how to earn a salary from preaching in Laredo.  (Obviously, TLC is the better paying gig.)

Jeremy has never attended a Bible college, never been to seminary, and has not been ordained as a pastor.  But, he can put on a suit and tie, hold a Bible, and call himself a preacher.  (Jeremy's father and Tim Conway did the same thing.)  Jeremy has been the pastor of the Laredo church for only 1 1/2 years.

• Love 6

Jeremy was "ordained" by his church.  There is even a video of it.  No, he wasn't ordained by an "established" denomination because those non-denominational groups just ordain who they feel is "called." 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Jeremy was "ordained" by his church.  There is even a video of it.  No, he wasn't ordained by an "established" denomination because those non-denominational groups just ordain who they feel is "called." 

Is that the one where Jeremy's father went to Laredo and ordained/commissioned him?  If so, that was exactly one year ago (eight months before his marriage to Jinger).

(edited)

On the several occasions when I've bitched about Jer's frequent absences from this apparent job, folks have responded that the Laredo plant is probably a group project by the San Antonio church and that Jer's just one of several young affiliate pastors who alternate running to Laredo to pastor the place. But I just looked on the Laredo church leadership page, and all I see there is a big honking picture of Jeremy Jeremy Jeremy. A y-u-u-u-u-ge picture, I would say, in keeping with the size of ego I fear I detect in him. Bigger picture of Jer than I recall seeing of pastors on any other church sites I've had anything to do with, actually.

..... And no mention of the underlings who hustle down from San Antonio to take over on the (many) occasions when he hasn't been on hand. ..... He's definitely Mr. Big Shot and Mr. One and Only on the website. Nobody else gets a thank you. 

Plus -- his church "blog"? -- in a few days it'll be three months since he's updated it. .... Seems to me he's a big slacker. And he hasn't even been on the job a year, has he? Barely been in the profession much longer than that. ...........On the other hand, in his favor I guess I can say that he does seem to have books to read and he went to a pastors' conference apparently to listen. .... Unlike BIL Bin who is certainly the dumbest of the three Duggar-adjacent BILs but somehow has the crust to be a frigging speaker at national conferences. Cripes almighty. 

Anyway -- here's Jer's depicton at "his" church -- Jeremy the Giant .... (We also learn, thanks to a misplaced modifier, that God recently spent several years playing professional soccer. I kind of like that.)

http://www.gcclaredo.com/leadership

0b8ae0_2993952853bd47f588df089dee2a6fb0~

Our Pastor

MARCH 5, 2016

Jeremy was born in Philadelphia, PA to Charles & Diana Vuolo, two of the godliest people he has every known to this day.

After several years pursuing a professional career in soccer, the Lord called Jeremy out of sports and into the ministry under the guidance of Tim Conway, Pastor of Grace Community Church of San Antonio as well as the internationally known online ministry illBeHonest.com.

Jeremy and his wife Jinger now reside in Laredo, Texas.

Click the link below to hear the story of how Pastor Vuolo was saved by Jesus Christ and brought to Laredo, TX!

WATCH: My Story .

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
(edited)

Angels on a goal post!  What struck me most there is how little you have to scratch the surface on the Jerm and you get Jack-Boots Pa Duggar.  I know to a lot of people Jerm represents a new and modern world for the JingleDull, new clothes new food, sex.  But to me, more and more all he sounds like is the like the new JimBoob by Apple.  The hipster's millenial approach to narrowminded patriarch.   Like Jack-Boots Duggar, the Jerm got out to experience life and enjoy it in all its sin.  He got the experiences and advantages of public education and the sciences based in critical thinking that in terms of medical care (if I read one of his comments right).  He lived out in a world where genders had a vastly greater level of equality and where even just "normal" in terms of acceptance had a much larger definition.  And he enjoyed the fruits of that society.  I'm pretty sure he never refused to hit the pitch for a game of soccer if the fans weren't all dressed properly, had never yanked their whank after begging the Lord for forgiveness or engage in Forn-I-Fi-Cation outside of marriage without regret. 

Yet as his stance on life for others he wants to deny and limit and condemn to the narrowest of allowances.

And like the Patriarchal Boob he makes even Jesus take second billing in his All About Me online bio. 

And here's a thinker?  If the Lord is going to call anyone out of sports to minister to the desperate masses?  Wouldn't he be turning Giselle's annoying ass into a pillar of salt and send Tom Brady down off the mountain?  I mean love him or hate him, he'd get the word out.  Jerm?  Star of MY STORY?  Not so much.  I'd be thinking that if Jesus pulled me out of professional soccer and I ended up in Laredo TX married to a Duggar?  Jesus hates my ass.  Or has no idea how spreading the word works.  Seems to me an international soccer star evangelizing on the world stage would reach more people than a small youtube minstry and an old funeral home converted to a three dozen seated church (I kid). 

Edited by tenativelyyours
  • Love 13
50 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

two of the godliest people he has every known to this day

UGH.  I assume that's supposed to say "ever known", which renders the "to this day" moot.  smart as your average fundie, and a great editor, apparently.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Ehm, yes we most certainly do. Might I remind you that I don't live in the US? If you opt out of paying such tax, you are actually required to formally resign from the Church (same goes for the Prods) and may not partake of any of their usual services like weddings, funerals, etc.

In the US, we don't have a church contribution requirement. 

• Love 1

All the IFB churches I have been to or had contact with were churches that tithed.

I myself have never gone to a church that did not tithe and I have tithed my entire life, if anyone is interested in that tidbit of information.  ;)  ;)

I'm assuming Jeremy tithes but even if he doesn't, TLC is providing an income for the Vuolos...doubtful he getting a big paycheck.  Many pastor of small churches also work jobs to help support their family so this is Jeremy's job.

I can't stand Jeremy but for this, I think it's a solid financial decision to keep a steady check coming in. 

Plus, he might be fame whore and loves the camera!  

• Love 5

Might?  I think Jerm is so full of himself the Holy Ghost feels like there is a hundred yard restraining order in effect.  Note that even his picture is self-absorbed.

He clearly is standing next to someone else,  Rubbing shoulders even.  Yet that person is cropped out?  Why?  Couldn't the Jerm find a picture of just himself?  Or is he so pleased with how he looks in the picture it MUST be his bio shot.  But heaven forfend he share even what little attention on this dinky webpage.  "My STORY" after all.    He just seems like a creepy weenie to me.  And a huge famewhore.  That Duggar bride complete with show appearances didn't just happen in my opinion.  He went a lookin' and he got exactly what he wanted. 

And I still want to know why it is Jesus who took him out of soccer.  Maybe it was SATAN.  Maybe SATAN didn't want him to play soccer.  Why is it with these people SATAN can make you do all kinds of bad things but only after you've been caught doing them?  Maybe being such an annoying weenie is not just my take but enough that he will turn people away from the lord that might have found him otherwise?  While the Jerm played on the pro-team of, I dunno, Minsk? Naw not that good.  Maybe Billings.

• Love 10
(edited)
47 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I suggest checking out his little "welcome" video.  http://www.gcclaredo.com/services

Seems they're committed to "biblical exigetic expository" preaching. That oughta bring people in in droves.;

If Jeremy thinks those terms are even remotely relevant in a town that is 95.6 percent Hispanic,  he's definitely just there on an ego-trip.

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, leighdear said:

Wow, that's dedication.  The Methodist services here are only an hour, from 10 am to 11 am, so people can go straight from church to brunch.....*LOL*

When the service is all day they usually break for lunch of some sort.  Usually some of the women volunteer or they are on a rotation of some sort to cook for the whole congregation.

13 hours ago, Marigold said:

I myself have never gone to a church that did not tithe and I have tithed my entire life, if anyone is interested in that tidbit of information.  ;)  ;)

raises hand....i have always gone to tithing churches, and i thought that any church that is centered on God collects tithes.  i don't do ten percent but i do above the norm. its what we believe. as far jeremy's church, his flock is probably very low income and they would just give what they could when they could. there is no bill at the end of the year, no ticket to buy for special holiday services. heck, at my church they do not pass the plate any more. they have offering boxes next to the exits. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I suggest checking out his little "welcome" video.  http://www.gcclaredo.com/services

Seems they're committed to "biblical exigetic expository" preaching. That oughta bring people in in droves.;

Ok I'll take the bait. What in the hell s that? I mean, I guess I could Google it, but if I were looking for a church I would read that and never walk in the door. Way to get people in Jeremy

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

Ok I'll take the bait. What in the hell s that? I mean, I guess I could Google it, but if I were looking for a church I would read that and never walk in the door. Way to get people in Jeremy

It seems more like a ploy to keep them away, doesn't it?

Well, just going by what his 10-dollar words actually imply, I'm guessing it just means -- We preach about bible passages, and we explain (expository) what they mean according to us (exigesis). Seems like much ado about something very very standard. And, again, so egotistical. I don't know why you'd think this would attract anybody.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

It seems more like a ploy to keep them away, doesn't it?

Well, just going by what his 10-dollar words actually imply, I'm guessing it just means -- We preach about bible passages, and we explain (expository) what they mean according to us (exigesis). Seems like much ado about something very very standard. And, again, so egotistical. I don't know why you'd think this would attract anybody.

I was confused about this, too, and looked it up.  What is so darned special or unique about this approach?  Isn't it essentially what every church, Christian or otherwise, bases itself on?  Don't most people expect to go to church and have the minister or other authorized individual read from the scripture and then expound upon it's meaning? I guess this is part of the Duggar family/fundie misconception that they are somehow the Lord's glorious exception.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Mollie said:

If Jeremy thinks those terms are even remotely relevant in a town that is 95.6 percent Hispanic,  he's definitely just there on an ego-trip.

I'm 100% Gringo, and I have no idea what that means either.

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, Love2dance said:

I'm 100% Gringo, and I have no idea what that means either.

According to Professor Robert L. Thomas of The Master's Seminary in Los Angeles (an accredited school granting Masters of Divinity and PhD degrees, Jeremy is a fraud. 

Thomas wrote The Relationship between Exegesis and Expository Preaching.  Here is a quote:

"Exegesis deals with the original languages of Scripture, Greek in the NT and Hebrew and Aramaic in the OT. It does not content itself with the uncertainties of working from a translation or translations. Translations can never cover all the nuances of the original text. This is the key area in which an expositor can add to his listeners' knowledge of the text, because they usually will be limited to what they can glean from a translation in their native tongue."

Do you think Jeremy can read texts in the original Hebrew or Greek?  No way.  He is not academically prepared for exegesis.  He's a megalomaniac, hoping to ride on Jinger's coattails to fame, glory and income.  

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, Mollie said:

According to Professor Robert L. Thomas of The Master's Seminary in Los Angeles (an accredited school granting Masters of Divinity and PhD degrees, Jeremy is a fraud. 

Thomas wrote The Relationship between Exegesis and Expository Preaching.  Here is a quote:

"Exegesis deals with the original languages of Scripture, Greek in the NT and Hebrew and Aramaic in the OT. It does not content itself with the uncertainties of working from a translation or translations. Translations can never cover all the nuances of the original text. This is the key area in which an expositor can add to his listeners' knowledge of the text, because they usually will be limited to what they can glean from a translation in their native tongue."

Do you think Jeremy can read texts in the original Hebrew or Greek?  No way.  He is not academically prepared for exegesis.  He's a megalomaniac, hoping to ride on Jinger's coattails to fame, glory and income.  

This involves not just being able to read in ancient Greek or Aramaic or Hebrew; it infers a mastery of these languages, an ability to understand the language so well that the absolute meaning of each word and phrase is unassailable.  Hell, the Duggars are barely fluent in English, but, yet, we're supposed to buy that Jeremy is some sort of linguistic scholar capable of reading the Bible in its original form in order to provide the most historically valid translation?  Good luck with that.

BTW, I know a priest who has indeed studied ancient Greek, etc in order to read the Bible in its original form.  He's literally spent more than a decade taking classes, attending lectures, studying in libraries all over the world.  He got a PhD in the subject in addition to his priestly degree (most priests have at least a Master's in theology).  He also happens to be a whiz at languages; speaking 4 modern ones fluently in addition to training in the ancient ones. When and where did Jeremy get his training?  How is he qualified?

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

This involves not just being able to read in ancient Greek or Aramaic or Hebrew; it infers a mastery of these languages, an ability to understand the language so well that the absolute meaning of each word and phrase is unassailable.  Hell, the Duggars are barely fluent in English, but, yet, we're supposed to buy that Jeremy is some sort of linguistic scholar capable of reading the Bible in its original form in order to provide the most historically valid translation?  Good luck with that.

BTW, I know a priest who has indeed studied ancient Greek, etc in order to read the Bible in its original form.  He's literally spent more than a decade taking classes, attending lectures, studying in libraries all over the world.  He got a PhD in the subject in addition to his priestly degree (most priests have at least a Master's in theology).  He also happens to be a whiz at languages; speaking 4 modern ones fluently in addition to training in the ancient ones. When and where did Jeremy get his training?  How is he qualified?

I guess you're forgetting that he's a business major slash soccer player. That certainly provides an extra, very special dollop of theological insight, no? 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, zoomama said:

raises hand....i have always gone to tithing churches, and i thought that any church that is centered on God collects tithes.  i don't do ten percent but i do above the norm.

Perhaps the church is confusing tithing with offering?  A tithe means 10%.  Some churches are very, very forceful on pushing this and other OT laws and customs.  Others use the word tithe, but know that very few people will actually comply or attain that goal.  I think perhaps many more say tithes and offerings or simply offering.  If you aren't giving 10%, you aren't tithing though.  Now then we can go on to churches who split the hair of 10% of gross or net income.  I really doubt that Jeremy is pushing tithing as I don't think it would go well or be appropriate for his congregation. 

• Love 1

Jeremy played soccer IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY ya'll. You'd think people would cut him some slack. He knows stuff, right? He can recognize a foreign language when he hears it.

The bar wasn't set very high for him considering he went for Jinger but he still ran into the bar instead of clearing it.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

(We also learn, thanks to a misplaced modifier, that God recently spent several years playing professional soccer. I kind of like that.)

18 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

After several years pursuing a professional career in soccer, the Lord called Jeremy out of sports and into the ministry under the guidance of Tim Conway, Pastor of Grace Community Church of San Antonio as well as the internationally known online ministry illBeHonest.com.

Thank you, Church Honey for calling attention to this. I enjoyed it a little too much ;)

• Love 10
19 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

On the several occasions when I've bitched about Jer's frequent absences from this apparent job, folks have responded that the Laredo plant is probably a group project by the San Antonio church and that Jer's just one of several young affiliate pastors who alternate running to Laredo to pastor the place. But I just looked on the Laredo church leadership page, and all I see there is a big honking picture of Jeremy Jeremy Jeremy. A y-u-u-u-u-ge picture, I would say, in keeping with the size of ego I fear I detect in him. Bigger picture of Jer than I recall seeing of pastors on any other church sites I've had anything to do with, actually.

..... And no mention of the underlings who hustle down from San Antonio to take over on the (many) occasions when he hasn't been on hand. ..... He's definitely Mr. Big Shot and Mr. One and Only on the website. Nobody else gets a thank you. 

Plus -- his church "blog"? -- in a few days it'll be three months since he's updated it. .... Seems to me he's a big slacker. And he hasn't even been on the job a year, has he? Barely been in the profession much longer than that. ...........On the other hand, in his favor I guess I can say that he does seem to have books to read and he went to a pastors' conference apparently to listen. .... Unlike BIL Bin who is certainly the dumbest of the three Duggar-adjacent BILs but somehow has the crust to be a frigging speaker at national conferences. Cripes almighty. 

Anyway -- here's Jer's depicton at "his" church -- Jeremy the Giant .... (We also learn, thanks to a misplaced modifier, that God recently spent several years playing professional soccer. I kind of like that.)

http://www.gcclaredo.com/leadership

0b8ae0_2993952853bd47f588df089dee2a6fb0~

Our Pastor

MARCH 5, 2016

Jeremy was born in Philadelphia, PA to Charles & Diana Vuolo, two of the godliest people he has every known to this day.

Jeremy and his wife Jinger now reside in Laredo, Texas.

Click the link below to hear the story of how Pastor Vuolo was saved by Jesus Christ and brought to Laredo, TX!

WATCH: My Story .

Aim the camera at the person, not the coat hook. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, zoomama said:

raises hand....i have always gone to tithing churches, and i thought that any church that is centered on God collects tithes.  i don't do ten percent but i do above the norm. its what we believe. as far jeremy's church, his flock is probably very low income and they would just give what they could when they could. there is no bill at the end of the year, no ticket to buy for special holiday services. heck, at my church they do not pass the plate any more. they have offering boxes next to the exits. 

What church is not centered on god (whichever one)?

(edited)

That was an unfortunate comma. But seriously, there's no way Jim Bob is gonna let him out of his orbit. I think Jim Bob knows he married Jinger just for the fame - and is gonna make him pay for it in control fro the rest of his life.

3000154.jpg

Roughly the entire biblical patriarchy movement

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 15

So what is it called when a Priest or preacher reads a passage then expounds on something totally unrelated to the passage? I've sat through a few of those, maybe once or twice it could be due to me being a little blonde, but there have been times where the only similarity might be the word "the".

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I had to google that.

Expository preaching. Expository preaching is a form of preaching that details the meaning of a particular text or passage of Scripture. It explains what the Bible means by what it says. Exegesis is technical and grammatical exposition, a careful drawing out of the exact meaning of a passage in its original context.

Somehow I don't think Jeremy is qualified to do that.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

So what is it called when a Priest or preacher reads a passage then expounds on something totally unrelated to the passage? I've sat through a few of those, maybe once or twice it could be due to me being a little blonde, but there have been times where the only similarity might be the word "the".

That's called "stayed up too late watching the basketball game so I didn't really prepare this sermon -- but I hope you all think you're just confused because I'm making connections so subtle that they're over your heads."

• Love 6
On 4/2/2017 at 8:08 PM, Churchhoney said:

(We also learn, thanks to a misplaced modifier, that God recently spent several years playing professional soccer. I kind of like that.)

Bad writing can be so much fun. Think how many goals God has scored through the course of eternity!

• Love 5
5 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

there are many that are not Christ-centered churches; i should have been more clear. that said, i don't want to make it a debate.  i was just trying to say that there are churches that do NOT promote belief in God or Jesus. 

• Love 1
(edited)
39 minutes ago, zoomama said:

i was just trying to say that there are churches that do NOT promote belief in God or Jesus. 

Are these churches that you are talking about Christian or of another faith?

Edited by ariel