Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

"Do you have anything that says 'Daddy likes leather!'"

"You mean, leather daddy?"

"Oh, is there such a thing?"

- Jer's next visit to West Hollywood

Jeremy's wandering into a shop wondering if anything says Preacher Daddy and then doesn't understand the facial expressions he gets in response. 

• LOL 14

I've always thought his lips called too much attention to themselves for a guy with such close-set eyes. But that looked okay as long as everything else was in shape and his head was shaved.

But now that he's gotten a little chubby-cheeked and that perpetual bad hair is up there, the mouth-eye mismatch is one misstep too many for his face. 

That's how it looks to me anyway. 

Of course, if I didn't think he was a pompous fool, I probably wouldn't really notice it. 

And it doesn't help that this is a major got-dressed-in-the-dark shot. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I've always thought his lips called too much attention to themselves for a guy with such close-set eyes. But that looked okay as long as everything else was in shape and his head was shaved.

But now that he's gotten a little chubby-cheeked and that perpetual bad hair is up there, the mouth-eye mismatch is one misstep too many for his face. 

Of course, if I didn't think he was a pompous fool, I probably wouldn't really notice it. 

I think Jeremy's lips are fine and in proportion to his face (they are not big to me at all, probably on the small side of average), but I know different people have different perceptions of what "big/small" features are. His eyes are close set which can give him an "intense" look but not in a good way.

I do see a change in his skin and his hair could be better these days. And its not just that he gained weight in his face, his cheeks look "bloated" a look that comes from drinking too much, not sleeping etc. There is a difference between a "weight gain look" and a "not well look".

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Felicity dressed her datty 🤣

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 8/14/2021 at 10:06 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

He sold "religion?" If so, that was what, 3 weeks?

Pretty sure he still has the @religion account.

The account @BigBingerBro was referring to is probably @jeremyvuolo. Per this Reddit post, it looks like the account was sold and the handle changed to @hehe

(Also I get a ''Couldn't find this account'' message when I try to access the @jeremyvuolo account by entering the URL attached to it, https://tiktok.com/@jeremyvuolo.

Obviously that could have meant he just deleted his account altogether, but based on that Reddit post it does seem like Jeremy has sold his account.)

Edited by Pinke
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I like how she's acting like she basically invented those 'kid friendly' meals. I've been making things like that for years and don't tell the 'gram all about them. 

she should ask big sis Jill for that recipe for cinnamon toast....

• LOL 20
  • Love 3

I already know the answer to this question, but can I assume that the In N Out T-shirt photo and the Pray photo followed one another on the same IG story?  Because this, again, is a perfect example of how horribly tone-deaf Jeremy is when it comes to social media.  Posing in your stupid shirt (able-bodied privileged man angling for free food) followed by Pray For Haiti/Afghanistan makes that message seem like an afterthought - unless his message is, the world is broken so go eat a hamburger, you'll feel better?  Considering the source, it would not surprise me.

• Love 17

I think Jer's message is get your overnight oats and In-n-Out burgers now because Jesus is on his way. I'm not sure how a subscription to collagen powder fits in this scenario, but I'm sure our master influencer has a plan. 

• LOL 22
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

They still haven't figured it out, Jinger is posting mommy tips on the Hope We Hold IG account.

And Jing loves cooking "in the kitchen". Where do all of you like to cook? 😁

For a second I thought those Starbucks mugs were toilet paper rolls..

• LOL 11
On 8/16/2021 at 10:06 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Wow he has aged a lot. 

Actually, contrary to popular belief, his hairline has not changed at all.

6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Posing in your stupid shirt (able-bodied privileged man angling for free food)

OMG, I'm defending Babe twice....I know several people who collect In -N -Out T shirts. They kind of have a cult following.

I would never listen to Jer preach for 2 seconds. There. I feel better.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

When is Jingle going to start selling Plexus? She needs to contact Jill Rodrigues bwahah. 

OMG. JillRod would SERIOUSLY have a stroke if Jingle ever called her. 

Edited by Westiepeach
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

When is Jingle going to start selling Plexus? She needs to contact Jill Rodrigues bwahah. 

She'll be desperate enough to sell metamucil after another couple months of LA prices!

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

It might motivate Jill to make David and a bunch of kids jump in the stink van and sing their way to Los Angeles. Can you imagine Jer's face when the Rods park in the Vuolos' driveway and invite themselves in for meals, showers, and laundry--with Jill squealing and taking photos the whole time? How much would I love to see pretentious Jeremy deal with tacky Jill?

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Comfort is prioritized over professionalism, public decency or just good manners.

They’re too old too be dressed like the glee club at St. Michael’s School for Douche Canoes. 

To your first point: I had a young woman show up for an interview with me once, lean back, put her feet up, exclaim, "oooh, Snickers" as she took a mini bar from the candy jar on my desk, and proceed to talk with her mouth full. No, I did not hire her.

To your second point: you win the Interwebs for the day, possibly for the week. The glee club at St Michael's School for Douche Canoes, indeed. Dying.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

It might motivate Jill to make David and a bunch of kids jump in the stink van and sing their way to Los Angeles. Can you imagine Jer's face when the Rods park in the Vuolos' driveway and invite themselves in for meals, showers, and laundry--with Jill squealing and taking photos the whole time? How much would I love to see pretentious Jeremy deal with tacky Jill?

Cut to the rod kids swimming in the La Brea tar pit.

• LOL 14
4 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

And which Rodlet would get stuck being MAMA’s free nursemaid for life??? 

34 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Cut to the rod kids swimming in the La Brea tar pit.

YAS this is fun MAMA! And Tim trying to drown a few of them as a joke 🙄🙄🙄

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
On 8/16/2021 at 11:25 PM, BigBingerBro said:

rysq6n4ucqh71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

On 8/17/2021 at 12:39 AM, MargeGunderson said:

Look! I like black people! (BTW, Jer, Zeek is much better dressed than you.)

Jeremy shouldn’t stand next to anyone whose more good looking than him. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Jinger has become far too much of a heathen for Jill, imo.

Oh, I'm sure Jill would talk sh*t behind her back about Jinger's heathen ways, but she'd be there in a hot second at the mere hunt of an invitation. Grifters gotta grift! (Exhibit A: Jill being more than happy to lap up Nathan Keller's sister's hospitality, even though she's no longer fundie.) And a Duggar, with the possibility of getting back in with the true-believer, hardcore fundie side of the family? Jill would be in hog heaven.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

Jinger, we've seen you wear those shoes out of the house, and now you are wearing them while Evy Jo is playing on the floor.  Between your siblings and Felicity, you should know by now that kids her age are apt to lick the floor and put any and everything into their mouths.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Suzn said:s she as dumb as she sounds?

Yes 

19 hours ago, Suzn said:

This has been discussed before, but I can't get past the "cooking in the kitchen", as opposed to cooking in the bedroom, or the back yard or the garage.  Is she as dumb as she sounds?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Someone on FJ identified it and said it cost $700. I think that is a bit high. 

Hope so. Cause some evidence suggests that, even if Jer gets to stay in MacArthurdom, his job may not always be lucrative enough to pay for the lifestyle to which he and his fam (i.e., JIngle of "cooking in the kitchen" fame)  is becoming very very accustomed. 

The other day I read this assessment below of Grace Church's likely future. If this guy (whom MacArthur fired a few years ago after he'd offered this and other cautions) is right, then they may be looking at a big dip in their monetary fortunes at whatever point Johnny M himself has to leave the pulpit. (And he's 82, and pretty much everybody believes he had Covid and lied about it...): 

'Grace is what is known as a “commuter church.” In 2015, Swanson, the former Master’s Seminary administrator, was asked to write a report about Grace’s future prospects for growth. “I said the demographics are bad here,” Swanson said he told church leaders:

'Sixty-seven percent of Grace Church attendees live more than 30 miles from the church. […] They’re coming to hear John MacArthur and when that ends they’re not going to drive that far. I would estimate the church will decline 40 to 60 percent when John MacArthur is not there.'

Don't think Jer'll have the same mesmerizing effect on a congregation. But for me this definitely sheds light on the question of why they're so desperately throwing Jeremy and other limp noodles at the wall in hopes they'll stick and be beloved by new members and a new generation., harvested from regional universities and, mostly, from social media. 

https://lareviewofbooks.org/article/how-the-pandemic-radicalized-evangelicals/

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 14
  • Love 5