Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Recommended Posts


Just now, BigBingerBro said:

Not so sure you are 100% right about that.  The grandpa of a friend of mine used to watch and would exclaim to his wife who was doing dishes in the kitchen "Hurry and get in here - the n*gg*r is dancing"    Sad but true

Yeah, they ultimately got a black guy to, wait for it, tap dance. Arthur Duncan.

To be fair, it wasn't just a Welk thing, of course, Duncan was one of very very very few African-Americans who were tv regulars in the early decades.  

  • Like 6
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/8/2021 at 10:05 AM, BigBingerBro said:

What usually becomes of graduates of MacArthur's Masters program?  

Well, they're all training to be pastors. And over the past couple decades, more conservative-Protestant churches, including Baptist churches, have developed a fondness for Calvinists. I've heard of pretty many Master's Seminary grads being head pastors or associate pastors at churches big and small, all around the country. The number of churches generally is falling, though, and there's so much concentration into huge churches that it's easy to imagine that the number of jobs like that is slowly drying up. .

Jer's being a particularly crummy preacher and his preference for being in some big rich city, and preferably a show-biz capital, will be barriers for him, though. I can see him getting offers from churches the size of the Laredo church....and in less-hotshot cities....And he won't want those! 

I still think he'll try for some suck-up-in-chief job for somebody who actually has a big big-city pastor job. or for some MS grad who leads a nonprofit or some such. Not clear he'll find one of those, though. He won't be the only guy looking. And some of those people won't be interested in a person with his meh skill set, I expect.  

 

  • Like 6
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/9/2021 at 4:07 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Another completely boring picture of them playing cards at home. Why is Jeremy wearing a hat in the house and why isn’t it one of his?

DE0BD724-627D-44A4-8DC9-B9BB85CE0181.jpeg

Maybe this is their clever way of showing that Hope and Stead is so popular that everything is sold out! 

  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

43 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, they're all training to be pastors. And over the past couple decades, more conservative-Protestant churches, including Baptist churches, have developed a fondness for Calvinists. I've heard of pretty many Master's Seminary grads being head pastors or associate pastors at churches big and small, all around the country. The number of churches generally is falling, though, and there's so much concentration into huge churches that it's easy to imagine that the number of jobs like that is slowly drying up. .

Jer's being a particularly crummy preacher and his preference for being in some big rich city, and preferably a show-biz capital, will be barriers for him, though. I can see him getting offers from churches the size of the Laredo church....and in less-hotshot cities....And he won't want those! 

I still think he'll try for some suck-up-in-chief job for somebody who actually has a big big-city pastor job. or for some MS grad who leads a nonprofit or some such. Not clear he'll find one of those, though. He won't be the only guy looking. And some of those people won't be interested in a person with his meh skill set, I expect.  

 

I think Jinger and the girls will be the big draw to any church he gets.  More people coming to stare at a Dugger and the possibility other Duggers might accompany them to church.

Fill up those seats and pass the collection basket!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe this is their clever way of showing that Hope and Stead is so popular that everything is sold out! 

they haven't even shipped anything yet - from their site "No orders will be fulfilled until March 26"

  • Laugh 8
  • Surprise 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think Jinger and the girls will be the big draw to any church he gets.  More people coming to stare at a Dugger and the possibility other Duggers might accompany them to church.

Somewhere on the website there is or used to be a page listing the churches with a MacArthur trained pastor.  I was shocked to find one less than 10 miles from me.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think Jinger and the girls will be the big draw to any church he gets.  More people coming to stare at a Dugger and the possibility other Duggers might accompany them to church.

Fill up those seats and pass the collection basket!

And that burns Jeremy’s soul lol

No one cares about him, it’s all about the wifey 

  • Like 9
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Why did they miss the chance to brand themself as the godly, yet modern life family? Two young people and their two cute girls, living in LA, but still connected to their faith and God? And that would come more natural to them than burgers, pocket squares and shoes.

  • Like 9
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Showing off her shoes 🙄

That would be the only reason for such a picture. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Temperance said:

That would be the only reason for such a picture. 

Honestly, I am generally so oblivious to footwear that that didn't even enter my mind! LOL. The only thing that caught my eye in the photo was the reflection in the puddle, but it was such a boring reflection on a stretch of blacktop/sidewalk which was broken up, but not in any sort of particularly picturesque way, that I couldn't think of any reason at all for the picture.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Honestly, I am generally so oblivious to footwear that that didn't even enter my mind! LOL. The only thing that caught my eye in the photo was the reflection in the puddle, but it was such a boring reflection on a stretch of blacktop/sidewalk which was broken up, but not in any sort of particularly picturesque way, that I couldn't think of any reason at all for the picture.

Yes, that picture simply sucked. Of all the random bad images with which to sully your bandwidth, it was one of the randomest and worst. Unless you have the right kind of shoe fetish, I suppose. 

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Why did they miss the chance to brand themself as the godly, yet modern life family? Two young people and their two cute girls, living in LA, but still connected to their faith and God? And that would come more natural to them than burgers, pocket squares and shoes.

I think the Roloff's have tried to be the modern, godly family without a lot of success.  I will say that Jeremy V definitely has more ambition than Jer R.  

5 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

8xi7lu2i9bm61.jpg

I believe this is a World War II propaganda poster to be careful about spies.  Not sure why Jeremy is posting it tho. 

  • Like 7
  • Useful 3
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Normades said:

I think the Roloff's have tried to be the modern, godly family without a lot of success.  I will say that Jeremy V definitely has more ambition than Jer R.  

I believe this is a World War II propaganda poster to be careful about spies.  Not sure why Jeremy is posting it tho. 

Yeah it is a WWII propaganda poster. I'm not sure that Jeremy is aware of that. 😂

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post

Who is spying on Jeremy? Jim Booger? Ebil government?

He posts willingly everything online. 
 

 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

8xi7lu2i9bm61.jpg

What a spooky post. Has Jeremy gone tinfoil hat?

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, rue721 said:

What a spooky post. Has Jeremy gone tinfoil hat?

I was wondering if things were kind of tense in the MacArthur world lately. 

  • Like 10
  • Useful 7

Share this post


Link to post

23 hours ago, ginger90 said:

4008CF41-94F8-4B90-A604-AD43E957E906.jpeg

Hey Jinger,

1991 called, they want their outfit back.

 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 20

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

1991 called, they want their outfit back.

I'll bet anyone that Jermy dresses her

  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Hey Jinger,

1991 called, they want their outfit back.

 

That sweater is particularly tragic. At least it isn't mustard?

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, jcbrown said:

That sweater is particularly tragic.

Hey wait a minute, I had that sweaters in the 80's.

  • Laugh 16

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, MsJamieDornan said:

Hey wait a minute, I had that sweaters in the 80's.

I think we all did. Along with stirrup pants???

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, Westiepeach said:

I think we all did. Along with stirrup pants???

Yes ! And a giant bow in my hair.  But, I matched my turtleneck to the sweater.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Hey wait a minute, I had that sweaters in the 80's.

Exactly. 🙂

3 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I think we all did. Along with stirrup pants???

I'd managed to repress the memory of stirrup pants...

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 16

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Exactly. 🙂

I'd managed to repress the memory of stirrup pants...

I loved my stirrup pants! I had one wonderful pair that my mom had held onto since the Dick van Dyke show days when Mary Tyler Moore rocked them,  just in case they ever came back in fashion. And I wore the heck out of them when they came back in vogue for a hot minute. I think I may even still have them somewhere. If I ever get back down to that size, I may dig them back out whether or not they are in style. They made things to last back then!

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

Jingle’s hat sent me into hysterics. The outfit is a total bust. 

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

I think we all did. Along with stirrup pants???

I refused to wear those! And shoulder pads. And jelly shoes. I was a rebel! 🤣

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

I think we all did. Along with stirrup pants???

Sturrup pants were great with boots! 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I remember a pair of black stirrup pants I had. They had a seam going down the front. I hated them. When I sat down, they'd tug at the back of the waist and after wearing them all day, the knees would bag. I was never and still aren't, a fan of turtle necks paired with v-necks. Reminded me too much of the guys in Lost in Space.

Jinger seemed to rock her wardrobe in the past few years. Maybe she doesn't have enough comfy casual clothes to rock the tired-new-mom 'style'. Too bad too, because many have adopted that trend during the pandemic. Yay!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I decided to go down the rabbit hole of the Hope and Stead instagram, and there's a lady who's complained on several posts. Apparently she spent $130 and received broken candles. Jeremy and Jinger haven't answered her emails, and she's not too happy about it. No wonder their business is a total bust. 

  • Like 7
  • Useful 9
  • Surprise 18
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, rue721 said:

What a spooky post. Has Jeremy gone tinfoil hat?

Jeremy being Jeremy, it wouldn't surprise me if he just saw this and posted it randomly because it struck him funny or something. I can imagine him not even realizing that a main reaction it would spark would be "WHY? WTF?" Although I can also imagine him thinking -- "Wow! This will provoke a lot of  questions! Great for my social-media profile!" Despite his apparent mad focus on becoming famous and prominent, his actually activities in that vein seem pretty random to me.  

 

 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

19 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Sturrup pants were great with boots! 

I had stirrup pants in every color. I wore them with tunic length sweaters and my ballet flats. Then one day on Oprah, a stylist was on and brought a young lady on stage wearing stirrup pants, sweater and ballet flats. She said NEVER wear stirrup pants with anything except boots. They were made for boots. I didn’t own boots and never wore stirrup pants again! 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I loved my stirrup pants! I had one wonderful pair that my mom had held onto since the Dick van Dyke show days when Mary Tyler Moore rocked them,  just in case they ever came back in fashion. And I wore the heck out of them when they came back in vogue for a hot minute. I think I may even still have them somewhere. If I ever get back down to that size, I may dig them back out whether or not they are in style. They made things to last back then!

I was OBSESSED with stirrup pants.. anything that became trendy I wanted.  I had every color.  I ended up either wearing them til they wore out or my mom gave them away.. My purple ones were my favorites.. geek..lol

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

I love that it’s featuring a smoke shop!  Very fundy approved!  😁

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post

Use of edibles: Confirmed

This explains a few of his/her posts.

  • Laugh 24

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Use of edibles: Confirmed

This explains a few of his/her posts.

Munchies would explain all of the food pics.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I remember a pair of black stirrup pants I had. They had a seam going down the front. I hated them. When I sat down, they'd tug at the back of the waist and after wearing them all day, the knees would bag. I was never and still aren't, a fan of turtle necks paired with v-necks. Reminded me too much of the guys in Lost in Space.

Jinger seemed to rock her wardrobe in the past few years. Maybe she doesn't have enough comfy casual clothes to rock the tired-new-mom 'style'. Too bad too, because many have adopted that trend during the pandemic. Yay!

Mom's ones that I inherited were grey, also with a seam down the front. Whatever I did, my legs pretty much looked like Mary Tyler Moore. And I was no dancer! They were just the most flattering legwear I ever had. I figure they were probably made sometime in the early 60's, worn off and on for a few years (maybe 3 or 4?), and put away until I unearthed them around  1998 or so. I'd lost some weight, so they fit me perfectly, no sagging, no bagging, but a year or so later, I gained my weight back, and they were not quite so popular anyway, so I put them away again.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Do not forget, that you are free to "Reply" to the post you are referring and state "Taking my reply to small talk." Please take off topic posts to the Small Talk thread. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size