Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Just now, doodlebug said:

I don't think they have, but Cade and Gabby are bigger celebs than the Vuolos and I expect that People mag will get an exclusive with first pictures of their baby while Jinger and Jeremy got no such coverage.

Jer aspires to have their status and doesn't have an original thought in his head. He would copy what he thinks will get him there. Even if it won't.

Jer doing something to copy someone makes more sense than Jer and Jing made a better choice and are protecting their children.

• Love 5

I think keeping the kids off social media is more strategic than safety related. 

Jeremy and Jinger have failed at becoming influencers, so they're throwing darts at the board, hoping one of them sticks. At this rate, the absence of the children is generating more buzz than posting them, so that's the direction they're going. 

FWIW, I think this is a good thing, even if it's done for self-serving reasons. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 17

Some celebrity biographies have sections in the middle of the book with “never before seen” personal photos. I wonder if J and J are saving all of Evangeline’s baby photos to publish in the book in hopes that it will help them sell copies.

Edited by truebluesmoky
  • Useful 8
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, truebluesmoky said:

Some celebrity biographies have sections in the middle of the book with “never before seen” personal photos. I wonder if J and J are saving all of Evangeline’s baby photos to publish in the book in hopes that it will help them sell copies.

Except these days those photos will be posted on SM ASAP by enough leghumpers that trying to go after anyone for copyright infringement would be ridiculous. Besides, they’re in no position to be alienating their most loyal followers.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Honestly, I think Jeremy is sick to death of his wife and daughters, he looked like Jinger and Felicity were driving him up a wall by the end of Week 1 of quarantine. So he’s not taking pics of the baby, he’s over it. Dunno what’s going on with Jinger, though. Maybe she’s just run too ragged to worry about social media right now. The thing I find weird about that is she used to be into photography as a hobby, but now she’s got two kids under three and her gym habit to keep up, so maybe there just isn’t time/energy for it now.

I hope that’s what’s happening, because I hate to think something is wrong with the baby. 

It seems like a few of the Duggar women are actually having marital trouble right now, honestly. I wonder what that’s about, because none of them care about the pandemic, etc.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, rue721 said:

It seems like a few of the Duggar women are actually having marital trouble right now, honestly. I wonder what that’s about, because none of them care about the pandemic, etc.

A few years ago, my friends and I all had this separate but collective realization a few years out of college of "Holy shit, my life is boring--is this the rest of my life?" And a lot of us made some healthy changes to be less miserable, whether it was bailing on a hated job or just getting some hobbies or even some therapy. I wonder if the Duggars are having a similar moment since a lot of them have been married for a few years. The only problem is their options are way more limited for improving their situations. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 16
8 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Except these days those photos will be posted on SM ASAP by enough leghumpers that trying to go after anyone for copyright infringement would be ridiculous. Besides, they’re in no position to be alienating their most loyal followers.

That reminds me when Jeremy was first married and they started their blog and posting on SM, he put copyright marks on their photos. It seems he gave up on that pretty quick.

• LOL 5
15 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

I think they’re losing followers by refusing to post anymore pictures of the children.  I’m sure that the majority of their followers are only interested in pics of the 2 kiddos, myself included.  I couldn’t care less if I ever see another picture of Jinger, and especially, Jeremy.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 17

Many of them are probably finding out that life doesn't always turn out as mama told them.  After all they aren't her clones.  Kendra so far seems to be sailing along, but Jill definitely hit a wall with her second.  Her first seemed to baffle her a lot, but she seemed distraught with two.  

My daughter is one of the people who does not "do" newborns well.  There are people who don't read their infants well.  I spent weeks with them for their first and months with the second.  I can see Jeremy expecting the second child to be similar to the first and not knowing what to do when that didn't happen.  I can't see Jinger wanting more than three kids with four tops especially if this little one is difficult.  They really have no help and that can be overwhelming.  Jeremy seems to have returned to his normal routine and not even taking Felicity off Jinger's hands as he used to do.

I can see John and Abbie stopping with a small number of children also.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

I don't think any of the Duggar girls were/are "newborn baby" people - their training was to have which ever sibling passed on to them at 6mos or something I think it was. by then they most likely were eating and sleeping at set times. Jana got Jackson and Josie who maybe had more needs.

Jinger had Johanna and Jed,  by the time Johanna was born Jed was 6 or 7 and was passed off to whoever was home fooling for the day and then he ran with the howlers the rest of the day.

the buddy teams never had an infant and toddler at the same time. so I think the adjustment has been difficult for the married duggar women. harder for those that can't just come to the TTH everyday sit on the couches and pawn off their children for someone else to watch or not watch. Jill for sure struggled with the 2 kids and Jinger maybe is or isn't. but Jeremy surely is out and about with the posed pics and the pics of Jinger are not good.

• Useful 5
  • Love 8
48 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Jeremy seems to have returned to his normal routine and not even taking Felicity off Jinger's hands as he used to do.

That doesn't surprise me. Felicity's reached the age where she's active and can articulate her likes/dislikes. She's no longer the amiable baby they can plunk down in a high chair at various eateries. Taking her out requires more energy and supervision, i.e., it's no longer fun for Jeremy. Much easier to let Jinger manage the load while he shops for pocket squares. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

That doesn't surprise me. Felicity's reached the age where she's active and can articulate her likes/dislikes. She's no longer the amiable baby they can plunk down in a high chair at various eateries. Taking her out requires more energy and supervision, i.e., it's no longer fun for Jeremy. Much easier to let Jinger manage the load while he shops for pocket squares. 

or gets "discipleship" in golfing tips

• LOL 14

The New York Times reports today that Grace Community Church's big Shepherds' conference has been called off. The official reason is the church is being prudent, but the real reason may be concerns about more lawsuits by the city and country against MacArthur and the church for violating restrictions on gatherings. Jeremy should put off buying more suits and pocket squares until things get better. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 8
On 2/12/2021 at 6:19 AM, GeeGolly said:

If I'm remembering correctly, around 10 years ago a group of teen girls used SM to monitor celebrities and rip them off.

Maybe that's Jer's new project -- Trigger a Bling Ring situation and become a superstar after, I don't know, Chris Hemsworth or somebody plays him in the movie. 

Instead of having the story play out like the Bling Ring, the hot Jer character could cleverly and heroically nab the young culprits himself, after the police fail to accomplish it, and instead of turning them in convert them with his vast charisma. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 15
On 2/14/2021 at 8:09 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

His hairline looks fuller than it has been lately, though... just a good angle? Hair plugs? Photoshop?

I think his hair looks fuller and fluffier because he washed it.  Finally!  Why was it so dam greasy for the past year?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, louannems said:

I think his hair looks fuller and fluffier because he washed it.  Finally!  Why was it so dam greasy for the past year?

I'm convinced he's slathering unholy amounts of Dapper Dan on his hair.

tumblr_l8ht05phdi1qzu5c9o1_500.jpg

• LOL 18
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

And that “sweetest friend” requires a link? To their business? Someone needs to explain to Jinger what “friend” means.

A friend is someone who does something for them or gives them something free.  A sweet friend is one who has done it more than once. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 14
On 2/12/2021 at 12:05 PM, crazy8s said:

have Cade and Gabby publicly shared many pics of their baby? I truly don't know if they have or have not because i don't care. But if they are not plastering their baby's pic on SM then Jer will of course do the same.

I don't think Cade and Gabby post a whole lot period. There seems to be fairly regular but minimal posting, pretty carefully curated. They're busy, after all. And Gabby, at least, doesn't currently depend on social-media posts to create her fame. 😈

I haven't really searched but I see one recent post for each, on Valentine's day. Cade posted a photo of Gabby and Baylah May. Gabby posted one of Cade and Baylah May. Which, you know, makes sense for the day and all.  They and their PR person leave Jer in the dust.....severely in the dust...when it comes to strategic posting 

Both photos are featured in this article -- https://musicmayhemmagazine.com/cade-foehner-shares-first-photo-of-gabby-barrett-and-their-baby-girl-baylah-may/

Also -- Cade appears to be a major Tolkien dweeb. He ends his post with a line in Elvish. Elvish!!! Something about love forever, I think. .... I may need to dial back my Cade disgust by just a hair. A thin hair. 

Jer oughta be able to post a little Greek or Hebrew by now, shouldn't he? 😁 Better raise your game, fancy-pants preacher-man. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 17
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

Also -- Cade appears to be a major Tolkien dweeb. He ends his post with a line in Elvish. Elvish!!! Something about love forever, I think. .... I may need to dial back my Cade disgust by just a hair. Just a hair. 

Don’t worry, honey. It’ll pass. 

• LOL 24
38 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Also -- Cade appears to be a major Tolkien dweeb. He ends his post with a line in Elvish. Elvish!!! Something about love forever, I think. .... I may need to dial back my Cade disgust by just a hair. Just a hair. 

He's got an odd mixture of fandoms going on. Ruins Tombstone one month. Ruins Tolkien the next. 

• LOL 12
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

So he’s through the T’s, hopefully. What’s next, U2? The Untouchables?

He's got an almanac of pop culture he's working his way through, apparently. I'm not particularly attached to either U2 or The Untouchables. Do your worst, Punchable Aunt Cade! 

• LOL 6
9 hours ago, Zella said:

He's got an almanac of pop culture he's working his way through, apparently. I'm not particularly attached to either U2 or The Untouchables. Do your worst, Punchable Aunt Cade! 

What if he goes for Ursula le Guin? That's my nightmare scenario. 

Seriously, though, all he's actually done is prove he may be the tiniest bit less boring than Jer and Jingle....and, you know....low bar. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

What if he goes for Ursula le Guin? That's my nightmare scenario. 

Seriously, though, all he's actually done is prove he may be the tiniest bit less boring than Jer and Jingle....and, you know....low bar. 

I'll give Cade credit (OMG why is the universe doing this to me?) I do believe he probably has some interest in the things he posts about. I'm not convinced Jeremy actually likes anything but himself. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Zella said:

I'll give Cade credit (OMG why is the universe doing this to me?) I do believe he probably has some interest in the things he posts about. I'm not convinced Jeremy actually likes anything but himself. 

Amen. 

Jer tends to wear his enthusiasms like badges, seems to me. ... Of course most of them are clothes or shoes or things you carry with you like small fancy-leather notebooks, so that sort of comes with the territory, I guess. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7