Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

But again...where is the baby? This is getting weird.

3 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

At first, I thought they were keeping her under wraps while they waited for an offer from People or US Weekly, but the time for that has long since passed. And I really can't believe that they've suddenly developed a conscience about exploiting their children. 

Strangely, I was thinking about this while in the shower today!  I'm so curious what their aim is.  Like you, I agree, I can't believe they'd suddenly care about protecting their children's privacy and not using them as moneymaking props!  And I don't think anything would be gained financially or fame-wise at holding out this long for more pics and info.  

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

So no one has suggested grifting as a topic for their podcast? JillRod could be a guest. 

There's very little that's off-limits with Jeremy (see my boundaries post above 😁), but Jill would be on that short list. I'm sure JinJer are well aware of the person who broadcast their wedding information all over the Internet.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Y_LzAgGkiLfQUB8Zevpt2P2Ej5shH8H6Vgq2GQc4

ok, here is my take on this. in my gut i feel like something is less than optimal with evangeline.  from experience, my last child AND my grandchild that i raised had issues from birth that were not immediately detectable. at about 6 weeks all hell broke loose.  i am wondering if there are issues with evangeline that need their focus right now.  that would definitely explain their lack of time and photos of both babies. with my daughter i spent nearly her first two years back and forth to hospital and then with my grandchild, it was 4 months day in and day out at the hospital. i pray this is not the case but in my mind, it makes sense. 

• Useful 14
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

809DEFAB-6BE0-4D59-9E4D-365C98236B57.jpeg

Oh, hush about Anna. Jingle will be doing a 'how to forgive your sleazy husband's cheating' podcast in 2-5 years. You can wait until then.

"Anna and Jinger: Queens of Denial".

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

How old is baby Evangeline now?  I was thinking they would be looking toward a three month spread in some magazine.

Evangeline was born Nov 22, so she'll be 2 months old next week.  

What magazine does a 3 month spread? Except in the case of big time celebs who withheld all photos of their baby to cut a lucrative deal (Brangelina and George Clooney come to mind), the public demand for baby pics is such that there is virtually no market for photos of the 3 month old child of reality TV performers.

Maybe Evangeline is colicky and/or Jinger has PPD and no amount of coaxing from RFP will convince Jinger to pose for pics or to get the baby ready for pics.  I doubt RFP is capable of baby wrangling on that level without her assistance.

Or, Evangeline has baby rash or acne or some other imperfection which Jeremy feels is not camera worthy.  He really is that shallow.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19

1 minute ago, Zella said:

I don't get the impression Jeremy is much help at all. 

I don't either. Jinger looks pretty dead-eyed lately. I feel like Jeremy probably uses school as an excuse to lock himself in his study all day and let her deal with the kids. 

• Love 15

Interesting...the podcast is taking a break and no baby pics are being released - both sources of income for the couple.

Do you suppose Jing is either over it or overwhelmed with presenting herself as the perfectly coiffed and dressed-up faux preacher's wife and has put the brakes on using her and their kids as ways to make money?  Would she have that strong of a backbone when it comes to Rev. Fancy Pants?

He has to know that he needs her cooperation in order to shill grift sell themselves as influencers.  Without Jing from TLC, Jere is not nearly as interesting as he thinks he is.  I'd like to see him behind a coffee counter, serving lattes and espressos instead of consuming them for Instagram, in order to pay the rent.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Interesting...the podcast is taking a break and no baby pics are being released - both sources of income for the couple.

Do you suppose Jing is either over it or overwhelmed with presenting herself as the perfectly coiffed and dressed-up faux preacher's wife and has put the brakes on using her and their kids as ways to make money?  Would she have that strong of a backbone when it comes to Rev. Fancy Pants?

He has to know that he needs her cooperation in order to shill grift sell themselves as influencers.  Without Jing from TLC, Jere is not nearly as interesting as he thinks he is.  I'd like to see him behind a coffee counter, serving lattes and espressos instead of consuming them for Instagram, in order to pay the rent.

Their book is coming out in May and right now would be the time for last minute edits.  In the last two weeks, we have seen the cover image has been changed which leads me to believe that the Vuolos are busy finishing up the manuscript.  I have no doubt that they will be back on the Gram soon and record more of their riveting podcast leading up to May.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Their book is coming out in May and right now would be the time for last minute edits.  In the last two weeks, we have seen the cover image has been changed which leads me to believe that the Vuolos are busy finishing up the manuscript.  I have no doubt that they will be back on the Gram soon and record more of their riveting podcast leading up to May.  

This is true, but in my experience, authors won't shut up about their books. I would think if it the only issue was checking a copyeditor's work or a proof, the message would be more like "Taking a quick break as we, the breakout stars of Counting On, do a final edit for our manuscript." Those things usually have tight deadlines, too, so unless the manuscript is a real trainwreck (a possibility), they should have a set window of time where this flurry of manuscript work is expected of them. 

So, I think the manuscript might be an added time challenge, but I don't think it is the sole reason they're taking a break. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

People over on reddit are speculating that they both got covid. It's spreading so fast in California, two of my sisters and my dad have recently recovered. These idiots have been hanging out with several people all year and attending a maskless church, I'm surprised they haven't gotten sick.

I have no idea why they stopped posting pictures of the kids, they were completely fine with the paps following them around photographing them.

• Useful 8
  • Love 12

LIving in SoCal with kids in LA who won't even go in a grocery store unless it's at opening, I'm guessing it's COVID.  They have not been careful and MacArthur has gone out of his way to infect as many of the congregation as he could.  It was going through the affiliated college so I'm sure it's hit the church and seminary.

• Love 10
52 minutes ago, Zella said:

This is true, but in my experience, authors won't shut up about their books. I would think if it the only issue was checking a copyeditor's work or a proof, the message would be more like "Taking a quick break as we, the breakout stars of Counting On, do a final edit for our manuscript." Those things usually have tight deadlines, too, so unless the manuscript is a real trainwreck (a possibility), they should have a set window of time where this flurry of manuscript work is expected of them. 

Well, if Jing had a hand in writing it, this is a distinct possibility.  On the other hand, if Jere wrote the majority, I can see where "trainwreck" would also apply.  He probably can't throw in a bunch of random big and fancy words and fool his editors like he can his congregation, even if they were written with a $259 fountain pen.

It didn't occur to me that Covid could be the reason for their absence.  That makes a lot more sense.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13

It'll be interesting to see how the book does.  That'll provide some information about the current strength of the Duggar fan base, I would think, because I'm sure they'll very much fuel the sales. Can't imagine anything else that'll drive them.

As far as I can tell, the Hachette Christian imprint they're publishing under -- Worthy Books -- seems to currently have only one sorta comparable book....a "Christian married couple's story" type book.   It came out in October 2020, so maybe this is a new book type they're trying?

It's called Beautifully Broken. In that story, the husband lost his legs and nearly his life to an IED in Afghanistan, and the book follows their marital ups and downs as they struggled to cope with that terrifying situation.  

I haven't been able to find data on how much that book's sold, total, or what its sales are looking like overall. But according to an Amazon-sales calculator that others have highly recommended to me, right now, four months into its run, the Kindle and hard copies together are selling 22 copies monthly there. (current Best Seller Rank -- 253,580th in books; 799,563rd in ebooks)

This book got nice reviews and jacket copy from a wide range of people -- from Bill O'Reilly to Jake Tapper, and conservative megachurch pastor Chris Hodges (Church of the Highlands, Alabama) to Obama White House photographer Pete Souza.

I would guess that the book has a lot more drama and a lot more of a story than the Duggar-Vuolo book (how could it not?). However, I'd also guess that neither member of this couple had a decade-plus TeeVee following or a million-plus social-media followers coming in to the publication.

So my prediction is that, while the D-V book won't see great sales, it'll outsell this (almost certainly better! -- or at least more interesting!) book. Pre-existing fame seems to have a lot to do with all sales today, and not least when it comes to book sales. 

Wonder if the publisher thought "Christian couples" books might be good sellers, and is running a kind of experiment with these two, which seem to rely on very different sorts of appeal. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I predicted way back when they announced the podcast that I thought they would stop podcasting after their second child was born. I could not see these two making it. Tons of people have a podcast and it's incredibly competitive world.  This is not surprising to me in the least. To be fair, Jeremy should be concentrating on school.

Now why the pictures aren't coming out I have no idea. I hope they're all right. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 8

Maybe they are just having a tough transition.  Felicity could be experiencing some regression because she doesn't understand why she isn't the total focus of their attention anymore.  The baby could be a fussy eater/suffer from colic/a poor sleeper.  Then there is always the possibility of post partum depression.  

Add the stress of Covid shutdowns in L.A. - restaurants are closed for in-person dining and the capacity limits of stores are quite strict.  The drive through lines are insanely long. Even if they personally don't take precautions seriously they are still affected by this situation.

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Maybe they are just having a tough transition.  Felicity could be experiencing some regression because she doesn't understand why she isn't the total focus of their attention anymore. 

come on now, we all know the total focus of all attention in that family is on Jeremy. all day, every day

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Felicity could be experiencing some regression because she doesn't understand why she isn't the total focus of their attention anymore. 

OMG yes.  My niece Abby is an ANGEL most of the time, but the first few months after her sister Grace was born she was ..... not transitioning well.  She was only 17 months old and did not understand at ALL why this tiny screaming thing was taking mommy's attention away.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

A “throwback” to two months ago? 

Seems like something is up, they apparently aren’t feeling photogenic or talkative, and that’s as out of character (for Jeremy at least) as you can get. Covid is a good guess. And frankly, I hope it’s that rather than a health issue with Evangeline.

• Love 14
23 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

4AC7CA1C-7187-4DAA-9B8F-8DAA3C173F2F.jpeg

Dear G no ! 

They only got 43 comments so far...

Soooooo many topic ideas we could share with them!  I will post some of our ideas and see if they take us up on it. 😁 

9 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Manuscript?  As in, them actually working hard writing the book?  Somehow I don’t see that happening. Jinger is too emptyheaded and only rehashes platitudes, and Jeremy is meandering and long winded. I assume it’s ghost written. 

• Love 15

They are failing as influencers to make a LOT of easy money. They probably gave up on this scheme already. Jeremy doesn’t like to work hard for anything. He wants easy money. 

COVID is definitely a possibility. 

4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

come on now, we all know the total focus of all attention in that family is on Jeremy. all day, every day

Can’t forget how Jinger still made bacon for Jeremy even though the smell made her sick. Jeremy could have given up bacon until Jinger was tolerant to the smell. What a Jack ass.

• Love 17

I imagine if it is covid, they would keep in on the down low because of McArthur's church.

Perhaps its everything you all mentioned. Second babies are a hard adjustment for the entire family, finishing up their book and a bout with covid. But posting a picture doesn't take but a minute or two.

• Love 14
10 hours ago, awaken said:

Soooooo many topic ideas we could share with them!  I will post some of our ideas and see if they take us up on it. 😁 

Manuscript?  As in, them actually working hard writing the book?  Somehow I don’t see that happening. Jinger is too emptyheaded and only rehashes platitudes, and Jeremy is meandering and long winded. I assume it’s ghost written. 

I can't imagine RFP giving up control and using a ghost writer.  He's in the Masters seminary, he needs to write the book himself.  In some ways I feel bad for his editor because I can totally see him arguing about his prose and the need for everything he wrote to be included.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I can't imagine RFP giving up control and using a ghost writer.  He's in the Masters seminary, he needs to write the book himself.  In some ways I feel bad for his editor because I can totally see him arguing about his prose and the need for everything he wrote to be included.  

I can definitely see that whole scenario playing out, too. 

But can also imagine the company taking a look at Jer's notes and jottings about his planned oeuvre during early negotiations and then writing into the contract that he either work closely with a ghostwriter chosen by the publisher or "no book, bud." So in that case, there might not be much Jer'd be contractually able to argue about. 😁

On the other hand, I'm sure the publisher realizes the book's going to sell solely on the basis of Jinger's fame and that virtually nobody will decide to buy or not to buy based on so much as a glance at the contents. So maybe they don't care if he just rambles and pontificates at length about his pretty uneventful (and not even very long yet) life. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
30 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

On the other hand, I'm sure the publisher realizes the book's going to sell solely on the basis of Jinger's fame and that virtually nobody will decide to buy or not to buy based on so much as a glance at the contents. So maybe they don't care if he just rambles and pontificates at length about his pretty uneventful (and not even very long yet) life. 

Crap, now I am going to have to read this stupid book just to hear RFP's take on his youth, his emergence as a stud athlete, his incredible sense of style and how he views life from atop his pedestal.  Hopefully the library will buy it for me.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I can definitely see that whole scenario playing out, too. 

But can also imagine the company taking a look at Jer's notes and jottings about his planned oeuvre during early negotiations and then writing into the contract that he either work closely with a ghostwriter chosen by the publisher or "no book, bud." So in that case, there might not be much Jer'd be contractually able to argue about. 😁

I know some about publishing, but I do not know what triggers the publisher hiring a ghostwriter.  Ghostwriters cut into the profit for the publisher.  Celebrity memoirs tend to have a writing advisor instead of a fulltime ghostwriter for this reason.  The advisor is not a ghostwriter but someone to help Jeremy and Jinger take their story and make it into a compelling narrative.  Nudging them along in a way to make an actual book, maybe give them questions to help lead them, but the actual meat of the story is coming from Jeremy and Jinger.  I personally don't view this as the book being ghostwritten.  To me, a ghostwriter is someone who literally writes the whole book and the real writer just gives them the basic research.  The publisher doesn't really care about the quality of the writing for this book or if the central thesis makes any sense.  They care that a decent amount of Jinger's 1.3 million followers buy the book.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

I've never been involved with publishing with larger publishers or projects that involved a ghostwriter, but in my experience working for smaller publishers and independent authors, the publisher may step in and take away control if the author is not meeting expectations if they really want the book. If they're less enthusiastic, kthxbye. 

And as someone who has worked as an editor, I would rather be shot than have to deal with Jeremy as a writer. I bet he is a fucking nightmare. 

"I don't think you understand the deep nuance I am trying to impart to my work." 

Or as another nightmare once told me, "If Faulkner can write without commas, why can't I?" 

• LOL 20