Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I'm not entirely sure FeliciTEE and EvangeLINE will have that much more opportunity than their cousins. I know Jeremy's mom and sister work, but he's currently kissing the ass of a Pastor who's incredibly misogynistic. I can see them going to some posh Christian private school because Jeremy is all about appearances, but it wouldn't surprise me if they follow the Bates' girls path of using college for the sole purpose of husband hunting. 

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'm not entirely sure FeliciTEE and EvangeLINE will have that much more opportunity than their cousins. I know Jeremy's mom and sister work, but he's currently kissing the ass of a Pastor who's incredibly misogynistic. I can see them going to some posh Christian private school because Jeremy is all about appearances, but it wouldn't surprise me if they follow the Bates' girls path of using college for the sole purpose of husband hunting. 

It's about time for Jer to start sucking up to founders, heads, and scholarship-funders at a few posh schools then. Those places have waiting lists!  (and he's not on track to get his degree until spring-summer 2023...so there'll be this little matter of "salary to cover the tuitions")

Parking-lot breakfasts with Christian-primary-school people coming up. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 11

JJV.thumb.png.51f4e9a8df63f669e39aa8baefd75843.png

This is a nice picture and I think that they could definitely go the true Hollywood route and put Felicity in front of the cameras. It will be interesting to see if that happens. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Just started the book The Exiles and one of the main characters is named Evangeline. Named by her Vicar father for the Latin word evangelium, meaning gospel. Sounds just like JereMe. Pronounced leen, not line. But again, I feel like the Duggars think they are saying a name one way but it sounds completely different.

True, think about Bin! And so many others. 

• Love 1
On 11/25/2020 at 8:39 PM, Oldernowiser said:

I think if Jeremy weren’t such a hyper-pretentious designer-kissing Hollywood-thirsty cappuccino-sucking agent-hiring pocket-square wearing fountain-pen shlepping famewhore, nobody would have snarked all that hard on the hillbilly potential of this child’s name.

Late to this party but if no one's asked, I'd like to marry this post and have its pretentiously named babies, please.

On 11/28/2020 at 8:39 AM, rue721 said:

I think @Churchhoney is right and he’s just a remarkably bad writer.

A remarkably bad writer with an astoundingly expensive fountain pen collection.  The irony, it is thick.

And perhaps JereMEE could give Jing a hot second to adjust to being the mother of two, the lack of sleep, the diaper-like post-baby pads, and the adjustment to nursing BEFORE he pushes her to promote Hip and Stud?  And if I'm reading it right, is their new lucrative venture a "shop that inspires?"  So it's just a place to purchase hats with oddly-paired words like Hope/Bold?  Is there one that says Jeremy/Jerk?  I might buy that one.

Also, potential thread name: Vuolos - The Breakout Stars and Their Parents.   

3 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Michelle is in desperate need of a bra fitting, like STAT.

• LOL 11
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Am I being a hater or is "hope and stead" a horrible name?

I mean I know I'm a hater but I'm genuinely not sure if the name is bad or if I'm being unreasonable.

Nope, it sucks scissors.

Sincerely yours,

Queen of the Haterz

• LOL 20
  • Love 3

Now I wonder why Jordyn is the golden child of late.  Did someone finally tell her mother to pay her some long-needed attention?  It's about time!

14 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Nope, it sucks scissors.

Sincerely yours,

Queen of the Haterz

Hee!  Can I be princess to your Queen?  

• LOL 10
23 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Late to this party but if no one's asked, I'd like to marry this post and have its pretentiously named babies, please.

A remarkably bad writer with an astoundingly expensive fountain pen collection.  The irony, it is thick.

And perhaps JereMEE could give Jing a hot second to adjust to being the mother of two, the lack of sleep, the diaper-like post-baby pads, and the adjustment to nursing BEFORE he pushes her to promote Hip and Stud?  And if I'm reading it right, is their new lucrative venture a "shop that inspires?"  So it's just a place to purchase hats with oddly-paired words like Hope/Bold?  Is there one that says Jeremy/Jerk?  I might buy that one.

Also, potential thread name: Vuolos - The Breakout Stars and Their Parents.   

Michelle is in desperate need of a bra fitting, like STAT.

Someone on IG asked Jeremy if any of the proceeds from this shop will go to any charity and he didn’t answer.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 16
35 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Am I being a hater or is "hope and stead" a horrible name?

I mean I know I'm a hater but I'm genuinely not sure if the name is bad or if I'm being unreasonable.

It's generally a bad idea to give a business a name

1) in which one out of the three words is a word hardly anybody knows/remembers the meaning(s) of.....

2) whose overall meaning and implications don't seem to make much sense to anybody when they do remember/find out the confusing word's meaning(s)....

3) and that doesn't sound particularly catchy or cool or tuneful or funny or rhythmic....or any other good-sound-describing adjective. 

So, yeah. Name--bad. You--not at all unreasonable.

In my opinion. 😁

39 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Cause we all need more baseball caps. 

...Shouldn't Jingle's hat say "Hope/Meek"???

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 13
  • Love 6

I think Hope and Stead is a bad name for a business, but it does seem to be trendy to have the name of your line be two words with and in the middle.  I'm thinking of the different Target lines--Up and Up, Good and Gather, Hearth and Hand (Joanna Gaines's line), or the clothing line the Duggs have shilled Citrus and Lemon.  I'm assuming market research has been done to show consumers like these kinds of names.  I can think of a few other businesses who use the same naming convention.  I get ads on Facebook for a lingerie company Thistle and Spire, and I covet the vast majority of another lingerie company Harlow and Fox.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

I know nothing about advertising, but shouldn’t there be a logo, or something to identify the brand, on the merchandise?  Maybe there is on the back?  Otherwise it’s just some random hats. Only the candle says Hope and Stead.  I don’t see how you can build a brand that way. 

Edited by EVS
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I think Hope and Stead is a bad name for a business, but it does seem to be trendy to have the name of your line be two words with and in the middle.  I'm thinking of the different Target lines--Up and Up, Good and Gather, Hearth and Hand (Joanna Gaines's line), or the clothing line the Duggs have shilled Citrus and Lemon.  I'm assuming market research has been done to show consumers like these kinds of names.  I can think of a few other businesses who use the same naming convention.  I get ads on Facebook for a lingerie company Thistle and Spire, and I covet the vast majority of another lingerie company Harlow and Fox.  

Yep. Blindly going for the trendy while missing the elements required to make something work in the trend. Probably in part because they're too lazy to try out enough possibilities to land on one that actually does work. 

That's the Vuolos,  all right.

It's the secret to their mediocre-minus influencer career. 😁

10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

All this hype and they're selling 3 caps, one hat and one candle?

https://hopeandstead.com/

Impressive. That oughta put Lissy and Lina through a couple years in an upscale LA private school. 

And, yes, I know I'll be eating my words (and scratching my head) when Jer somehow manages to suck their way into the most expensive Christian day school in LA County. I may not be impressed by his talents. But his talent for sucking up seems second to none--and there are obviously plenty of people who love that talent. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
46 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Now I wonder why Jordyn is the golden child of late.  Did someone finally tell her mother to pay her some long-needed attention?  It's about time!l

I wondered the same up thread. My guess is Josie is a pain in the ass due to all the coddling she received since birth. Jordyn is quiet and well-behaved, which means less work for Meech. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Now I wonder why Jordyn is the golden child of late.  Did someone finally tell her mother to pay her some long-needed attention?  It's about time!

Hee!  Can I be princess to your Queen?  

But of course...

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Bridget said:

The reply/guess that was captured on screen has me cracking up. Has this leghumper ever HEARD of the Duggars? Seen five seconds of them on TLC?

"I have tried and tried, but i I can't figure out how to post a story with a guess, so i will write it here. My guess is that @hopeandstead will be a nonprofit charity that helps to give homes to those without, while giving them hope for their future."

Okay, I am Severely Evil, but I am laughing myself sick over this poor deluded soul. Wait until she finds out their grand plan to save the world through Jesus is three cheap baseball hats, a beanie and a candle.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

I don't understand, why one candle and a few caps?  There is no business logic behind this.

Or go with caps/shirts/clothes. Or candles/home decor. Put a few more things, or give a direction in which you are going.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

I don't understand, why one candle and a few caps?  There is no business logic behind this.

Or go with caps/shirts/clothes. Or candles/home decor. Put a few more things, or give a direction in which you are going.

Jeremee wants to keep his title of king of half-assing things.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

I don't know which is sadder --

This hopeful, kindness-minded guess from an innocent fan -- "@Hopeandstead will be a nonprofit charity that helps to give homes to those without, while giving them hope for their future..."

Or this likelier-because-it's-backed-up-by-past-history-and-previous-results conjecture from a grumpy skeptic  -- "@Hopeandstead is a for-profit retail ecommerce business that will manage to produce approximately zero profit."

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12
50 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Seriously, have they paid any attention AT ALL to who this poser really is?

https://hopeandstead.com/pages/about-us

Of course, they could have gone the Amy/Dilllon route and sunk thousands upon thousands of dollars into 2 separate bricks-and-mortar businesses that could potentially drown them in debt for years to come.  The odds are against them, especially Dillon. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/20/heres-the-real-reason-why-most-restaurants-fail.html#:~:text=Around 60 percent of new restaurants fail within,have no business actually being in that location.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Other than his mother's non-profit I don't think Jeremy has really thought much about what portion of profits he will give to charity. Which isn't a big deal since it's never going to make a profit.

• LOL 5
  • Love 17
29 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

What portion, which charities, which nonprofits?

E5A3C85D-B816-4150-9675-FB22EACC37F1.jpeg

Unless I see a % amount that is going to charity I don’t believe any profit .. if the leg hummers buy enough to make a profit .. will be donated 

• Love 7

“Profit” can be a pretty ambiguous term. Here it might be defined as anything left over after the cost of goods sold, shipping, sales tax and a six-figure salary for the founders, also known as a net loss that can be written off until the IRS notices.

#TeamGrumpySkeptic

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

That oughta put Lissy and Lina through a couple years in an upscale LA private school. 

They won't be sending either kid to an upscale LA private school.  There are far too many issues with that.  If they do send them to school, I believe it will be to one of two or three evangelical church schools in the valley.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Someone on IG asked Jeremy if any of the proceeds from this shop will go to any charity and he didn’t answer.

Yes. It will go to the charity of the "Breakout Stars".

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

I wonder if the whole "Hope bold" things is some sort of inside joke/saying that came about with their podcast.  Like "Be sure to write Hope - bold when referrring to our podcast" or something.  I'm thinking way to much about this.

Talk about a lame shopify effort.  I've seen better done by nobody teenagers.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

Other than his mother's non-profit I don't think Jeremy has really thought much about what portion of profits he will give to charity. Which isn't a big deal since it's never going to make a profit.

They've got two nonprofits here: https://hopeandstead.com/pages/favorite-nonprofits 

His mom's and another one that sounds like a scam because it doesn't say how they do anything.

(Also that page's design is ridiculous! I coded better webpages when I was 14!)

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

His mom's and another one that sounds like a scam because it doesn't say how they do anything.

Compassion is legit.  I recall hearing about them several years ago when i was more involved with my church,

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

Meech looks like trucker.

Also, the people on reddit already knew what the merch was because they figured out their shop password days before it went live. Their password was: Vuolo.

Screenshot_20201201-154755_Instagram.thumb.jpg.973426670128855265e551dc185ed820.jpg

The candles are made by Macbailey Candle Co but they replaced the label with their own.

Screenshot_20201201-155746_Reddit.thumb.jpg.5b095396160408d442aa9455742cb3a7.jpg

Screenshot_20201201-155958_Instagram.thumb.jpg.9e904580c16584fe2a438fde29d0ae59.jpg

There are a lot of small businesses that sell wholesale to stores like theirs and allow them to put their own name and logo on the product.  My brother-in-law makes olive oil soaps and sells wholesale large volumes to retailers who have the soap packaged under their own label.  He even designs logos and labels for businesses that don't have one and makes a nice living doing it.

• Useful 8
  • Love 8
41 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Compassion is legit.  I recall hearing about them several years ago when i was more involved with my church,

They are legit.  Although they have a Christian basis; their main focus is on helping impoverished kids worldwide by providing them with nourishing food and regular healthcare including immunizations as well as parenting classes to help new mothers and fathers take better care of their kids.  Yes, there is some religious aspect involved, but they provide real, tangible assistance to kids.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

Meech looks like trucker.

Also, the people on reddit already knew what the merch was because they figured out their shop password days before it went live. Their password was: Vuolo.

Screenshot_20201201-154755_Instagram.thumb.jpg.973426670128855265e551dc185ed820.jpg

The candles are made by Macbailey Candle Co but they replaced the label with their own.

Screenshot_20201201-155746_Reddit.thumb.jpg.5b095396160408d442aa9455742cb3a7.jpg

Screenshot_20201201-155958_Instagram.thumb.jpg.9e904580c16584fe2a438fde29d0ae59.jpg

How does Jinger manage to look like she’s never been pregnant one week after the baby was born?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

What portion, which charities, which nonprofits?

E5A3C85D-B816-4150-9675-FB22EACC37F1.jpeg

That is one of the bizarrely vague and meandering business descriptions I've ever read. It seems like they are consulting with marketing people, but what do these people do? Are they terrible at their job? Do Jinger and Jeremy just not listen to them? I can't imagine anyone with a marketing background signing off on that phrasing. Or the brand name. 

• Love 13