Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

1 hour ago, rue721 said:

For all we know, Ben liked Jessa not because she was the “hot” one but because she was the “smart” one. The teacher in the family.

I wish Ben had grown up in a normal family and could fulfill his destiny to be a PE Teacher. He would love it.. 

From what I remember both Ben and his parents said he was interested in her because she was pretty.

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

He was nineteen. I’m going to say her “intellect” wasn’t what he was focused on.

Actually, it's worse. He was 17!

• Like 5
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 5
  • Sad 5

Yes, I think that Ben does seem to have some aptitude for reading and learning, which no one in his world ever encouraged. He might never be the kind of intellectual who reads Faulkner or Proust, but I could see him being the kind of guy who enjoys sports biographies or non-fiction books about the Civil War, or who jumps into bed at night and reads a chapter of a Tom Clancy thriller before turning out the light. Unfortunately, he could never be that guy, because it’s been drummed into him that nothing must distract you from being All Jesus, All The Time. Plus, Jessa would not be happy about anything that takes his attention away from her needs.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 8

Ben wanted to get laid. If he had waited a few years, he would have a degree and a career like his sisters.

• Like 10
  • Sad 7

What’s bizarro world to me is that I have the impression that any of these guys could have ended up with any of the Duggar girls...it seemed to be mostly a matter of whatever random hyper-religious dude passed muster with JimBobUn at what time. Is that really how anyone with sense wants their partner for eternity selected? 

Maybe RFP would’ve bolted if they tried to pair him up with a different sister...but I doubt it. 

• Like 12

Ben's reading likely consists of tomes by Spurgeon and the like. I doubt his intellectual curiosity is allowed to extend beyond the realm of religious leaders' writings or biographies. ☹️

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

What’s bizarro world to me is that I have the impression that any of these guys could have ended up with any of the Duggar girls...it seemed to be mostly a matter of whatever random hyper-religious dude passed muster with JimBobUn at what time. Is that really how anyone with sense wants their partner for eternity selected? 

Maybe RFP would’ve bolted if they tried to pair him up with a different sister...but I doubt it. 

If I'm not mistaken, the Duggar girls did say other men had expressed interest in them and they either didn't pass Jim Bob's inspection or the girls weren't interested. The main thing I remember is the girls specifically said some of them were "creepy." And that always stood put to me. Because I mean how fucking creepy do you have to be for those poor sheltered girls to be like, "Ugh you're so creepy!"

Since the family likes to bend the truth, I'm not sure if their account of it is the gospel truth. But it wouldn't surprise me if some seriously weird dudes have shown up and seemed interested in courting them. 

Does anyone else remember this? I can't remember where I read it, but the anecdote really made an impression on me and implied that there were actually multiple potential suitors who were even more bottom of the barrel than what they ended up with. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 20

Yes, Jessa called some of their suitors creeps. That's verbatim.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

Just now, Sew Sumi said:

Yes, Jessa called some of their suitors creeps. That's verbatim.

Thank you! I'm really curious about the creepy rejects. God, I went to school with some seriously creepy boys at COFO who would have been very intrigued by the idea of godly brainwashed virgins. 😞

• Like 4
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 3

I recall one of the girls saying that some of the guys pursuing them were "weirdos"  I think it was Jessa.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Zella said:

Thank you! I'm really curious about the creepy rejects. God, I went to school with some seriously creepy boys at COFO who would have been very intrigued by the idea of godly brainwashed virgins. 😞

Just imagine how many of those have been co-created by Gothard parenting and Gothard indoctrination camps. 

It makes the blood run cold. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Sad 13

2 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Ben wanted to get laid. If he had waited a few years, he would have a degree and a career like his sisters.

If had gone to a regular school instead of homeschool he could have realized he could get laid and not have to get married. Then he could have gone onto college and gotten laid some more. Not marrying for years or marrying for more then to get laid and because she was hot. 

1 hour ago, Zella said:

So am I considering the weirdos they ended up with. Ben who wanted the hot one and his parents were happy to drive their teenage son two hours so he could meet her, Derick who was halfway around the world and only talked with Jill and courted long distance before coming home and getting engaged and Jeremy who lived in the real world but sought out a sheltered virgin who would do whatever her headship asked or teenage Austin asking his dad what he needed to do to get married and told to flip a certain amount of houses and apparently never noticed Joy writing her name on the walls of places he was flipping. How bad were the others if these weirdos are what made the cut?

• Like 22
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

How bad were the others if these weirdos are what made the cut?

I'm envisioning the fundie version of Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs

?width=630&version=2281948

• Like 1
  • Laugh 8
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

Buffalo Bill owned his own home and business.  He would’ve made it To the getting to know you stage, at least. I think in that one episode they mentioned that several of the people that have contacted JB re courtship had been in prison.

Remember, these are people that couldn’t even muster hatred for a child molesting sibling.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Since Jessa has always seemed very shallow and vain, her definition of "creeps" and "weirdos" may have just been based on physical appearance, i.e., the guys in question may have been paunchy, balding, chinless, etc. Ben may not have been Chris Hemsworth, but he was probably the best physical specimen that came along. Of course, "paunchy, balding and chinless" also describes her brothers, so there's that.

Exactly, I don’t think they were even allowed to have more than superficial conversations with any man.  The whole point of making sure everyone has A generic personality is that every marriage will work out regardless of the of the people that are actually involved. 

Edited by JoanArc
  • Like 4
  • Sad 3

14 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Buffalo Bill owned his own home and business.

I never thought of it that way. But on that count, he's got all the Duggar sons-in-law beat. 😆

• Like 1
  • Laugh 11

58 minutes ago, Zella said:

I never thought of it that way. But on that count, he's got all the Duggar sons-in-law beat. 😆

Big supporter of lotion time, too.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 15

13 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Big supporter of lotion time, too.

Bahahahahahahaha 

• Laugh 1

I thought it was Jinger who said creepy. Anyway I remember thinking, they're probably talking about guys who are normal. A guy who has a typical job, doesn't hang out with only family and doesn't own a polo shirt.

I know that if any of my kids brought home a Duggar, male or female, my creep-o-meter would engage. If I were to meet JB & M or the entire family as the family of a boyfriend or girlfriend of one of my kids, my creep-o-meter would go full tilt.

• Like 14

🙄

They're posting back to back again. 🙄🙄

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Reason #1045 I can never become an influencer,  all that beige puts me to sleep.  Their color palette is soooooo boring.  I need color and pattern in my life.  

• Like 13
  • Laugh 6

2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

They’re human stock photos.

And prop bow Should be the thread title 

• Like 5
  • Laugh 5

Where are the Vuolos living? Weren't they supposed to stay only a year at the nice house they showed on the show? 

Edited by Barb23
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Where are the Vuolos living? Weren't they supposed to stay only a year at the nice house they showed on the show? 

That is what they said, but they seem to still be in the same nice house.

• Like 4

So, today’s conspiracy theory...is it possible they don’t actually live there and they just use it for photo shoots? I don’t recall seeing anything remotely personal in any of them that would indicate they do...lots of people have coffee makers and that kitchen is so unused it could be in a Home Depot showroom. A really upscale Home Depot.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 6

13 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Someone updated Jeremy’s Wikipedia page a few days ago (I think it’s since been “revised”). 🤣

79D95007-8426-4AAE-A8B4-7A8C4D3E3243.jpeg

Which one of us did that? It’s so delicious 🤣.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

So, today’s conspiracy theory...is it possible they don’t actually live there and they just use it for photo shoots? I don’t recall seeing anything remotely personal in any of them that would indicate they do...lots of people have coffee makers and that kitchen is so unused it could be in a Home Depot showroom. A really upscale Home Depot.

I can buy this.  There's something about that kitchen 

• Like 11

Someone asked Jinger about why they were still in that house and she said it was because of the virus. OF COURSE, it was:

• Like 4
  • Laugh 12
  • Surprise 1

1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Someone asked Jinger about why they were still in that house and she said it was because of the virus. OF COURSE, it was:

They'd already been there longer than a year before the lockdown and had shown no signs of leaving.  Also, if my 80 something neighbors can move in the midst of a pandemic lockdown,  surely the Vuolos could've managed it.

• Like 12
  • Useful 5

You PR Firm is giving money away, not you two unemployed spokesmodels.

• Like 22

I'm starting to feel Jinger is as much a prop in Jeremy's quest for celebrity as Felicity. 

• Like 17
  • Useful 2
  • Sad 14

Can someone interpret the picture?

It’s like a “caption this” game. 🤦‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Laugh 5

I don't get it, are they actually giving away $1000 bucks ($50 x 20) of their own money or is there something else going on here?

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'm starting to feel Jinger is as much a prop in Jeremy's quest for celebrity as Felicity. 

She has been. Jeremy could have married anyone. He chose a sheltered virgin who had already been trained by her parents to perform on cue and came with a built in fan base. 

• Like 12
  • Sad 11

8 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I don't get it, are they actually giving away $1000 bucks ($50 x 20) of their own money or is there something else going on here?

It is definitely not them providing the cash.  They now have an agency representing them and this post is nothing more than an ad for UberEats which is taking advantage of the fact that these two have millions of online followers to remind said followers that, even if restaurants are closed, UberEats can bring them restaurant food.

And, since there are a zillion people online looking for ways to win stuff, Jing and Jer will probably gain even more followers as people sign up to win the 50 buck gift card.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Like 3
  • Useful 6

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

They keep trying....

Oh FFS... stop it. Just. Stop. It.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Wow that is not a flattering photo of RFP. He looks 45.

I think the photo doesn't do much for either of them. Jinger's hair looks fried and she's wearing a shapeless, colorless top that looks like it was accidentally washed in bleach.

• Like 5

Guess who replied, on Jeremy’s post.....

4F1E5001-F02D-4889-B587-0AA932FE7398.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 13
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

You're not going to win, Jill.

Someone commented on it, “19 more to go 😜

• Like 1
  • Laugh 12

4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Guess who replied, on Jeremy’s post.....

4F1E5001-F02D-4889-B587-0AA932FE7398.jpeg

Why am I finding it hard to believe that Derick Dillard is the "gentle" type?

• Like 8
  • Surprise 1

Aethera

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.