Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Recommended Posts


14 minutes ago, PinkyCupcake said:

Riveting.

First good laugh I’ve had all day, thank you!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Did neither of them notice how that photo lovingly highlights the zits on her chin?

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Did neither of them notice how that photo lovingly highlights the zits on her chin?

 

I think that's asking a lot for Jeremy to notice someone other than himself. 😉

For real, though, for people who seem to spend most of their lives taking overly posed pictures of themselves, they are not very good at it. They couldn't have just taken another snapshot of her? 

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Also, she's missing a word: "Let’s play a little game😉 Here are 6 facts that you might know about me from following on the gram!"

I think she means might NOT know about me from following the gram. Because if we know them from following her instagram, then why post them again?

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Also, she's missing a word: "Let’s play a little game😉 Here are 6 facts that you might know about me from following on the gram!"

I think she means might NOT know about me from following the gram. Because if we know them from following her instagram, then why post them again?

Actually, I was wondering about the choice of facts for both of them. Maybe I already know Jinger is a lefty because I'm a lefty and we tend to notice that about other people (my brother is also left-handed and anytime we're watching anything together, we actually both shout "Lefty!" if we spot one of the actors doing something left-handed 🤣), but I thought the fact she was the only sinister-handed one in the Duggar family was already established. She even admits that people already know the puzzle one, and last year she had a video of her playing the harp. In a game where you're supposed to reveal unknown trivia, she can't even come up with anything new? That's actually really sad and just makes it seem like she has no personality whatsoever. 

As for Jeremy, is it really that big of a stretch for a guy from the Philly area to be a sports fan of Philly teams? LOL 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

I'm surprised that Jim Bob and Michelle didn't force Jinger to learn to use her right hand when she was little. Given their ignorant and punitive approach to child-rearing, beating the left-handedness out of a kid to make her "normal" seems like the kind of thing they would fixate on.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I'm surprised that Jim Bob and Michelle didn't force Jinger to learn to use her right hand when she was little. Given their ignorant and punitive approach to child-rearing, beating the left-handedness out of a kid to make her "normal" seems like the kind of thing they would fixate on.

I'm surprised too. However, they may have tried and given up. My mother was not a fan of the left-handedness and tried to force me and my brother to both be righties in the 90s, and she didn't even have the excuse of being a fundie. My brother resisted pretty mightily. It worked better on me for whatever reason, though he is more naturally ambidextrous. Though I do most things left-handed, I actually do write right-handed, and my penmanship is fucking awful as a result. No joke, but I have been banned from handwriting memos at multiple jobs. I can't even hold a pen right right-handed (I do the lefty crab claw thing and smear ink horribly. I actually do hold a pen correctly left-handed, but it takes me forever to write anything.) 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 2
  • Useful 6

Share this post


Link to post

3 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm surprised too. However, they may have tried and given up. My mother was not a fan of the left-handedness and tried to force me and my brother to both be righties in the 90s, and she didn't even have the excuse of being a fundie. My brother resisted pretty mightily. It worked better on me for whatever reason, though he is more naturally ambidextrous. Though I do most things left-handed, I actually do write right-handed, and my penmanship is fucking awful as a result. I can't even hold a pen right right-handed (I do the lefty crab claw thing and smear ink horribly. I actually do hold a pen correctly left-handed, but it takes me forever to write anything.) 

@Zella, that’s really interesting. Oddly enough, I’m a righty but despite years of teachers telling me my technique was wrong, I do the crabby claw grip with my right hand as well!

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Enya Face said:

@Zella, that’s really interesting. Oddly enough, I’m a righty but despite years of teachers telling me my technique was wrong, I do the crabby claw grip with my right hand as well!

Oh how interesting! I've never noticed another me before in the wild, but I always get comments (and sometimes stares) from people when I write. LOL

9 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

maybe they never noticed

That seems like the most likely explanation with these people!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I'm gonna have to call bullshit on Jeremy being a Philly sports fan.  No way any Phillies fan would ever be caught dead in Dodgers apparel.  Philly fans may (and I really mean may here) give him a pass for supporting an AL team like the Angels,  but the Dodgers are in the same league as the Phillies.  What a poseur.

I honestly think Philly fans are worse than us Cleveland fans.  We may have caused a ruckus in the Dog Pound, but we never had to have a magistrate and jail in our stadium. 

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 13
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

My son's favorite food from the age of about 6 was Alaskan King Crab legs.  Made the mistake of introducing him to them at a Red Lobster and was on the hook until he went to college.  Thankfully he can afford them himself these days.  Never thought of a kid being pretentious for liking seafood, 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, my brother's favorite food as a kid was grilled swordfish. My mom could have killed my dad for introducing him to that, so I won't call Jeremy pretentious for liking seafood. I will call him a pretentious ass for everything else though.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Dear Jeremy,

if you are *sliding* across the beam, you are almost certainly doing it wrong.

Signed,

Shrieking Feminist

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post

I have to say really liked shrimp cocktail as a kid, too. We had it for Christmas dinner every couple years or so......And I was always quite bummed in the years that we didn't.....Wouldn't say it was my absolute favorite food, but that might have been because I hardly ever got to eat it....

I have a hard time dealing with his favorite Old Testament verse, though, which is the beginning of Isaiah's account of how he was called to be a prophet.  

Does Jer see himself as Isaiah?!! Somebody who's actually seen God in a vision like this? I guess in the end of this passage Isaiah says that, like everybody else, he's unworthy, so I suppose that softens it somewhat? 

Nevertheless, the whole thing is about him having a real vision in which God talks to him personally and is about to make him one of the precursors of Christ and somebody charged with telling the whole damn world what the deal is with God himself, basically...Wow.......

I suppose there are other preacher types out there besides Jeremy who somehow see themselves in this verse. I've never run into any that I know of, though, so I'm pretty taken aback that he just casually mentions it like this....I suppose it must be something that preachers he knows routinely say --

But as somebody who doesn't come from that kind of milieu, naming this as your favorite verse when you say you aspire to be a preacher seems kind of breathtaking. Taking arrogance to a whole new level..... And he's so offhand about it. Mentions it in the same breath as saying he's a Phillies fan....Don't know what to make of this, really. 

'6 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple. 2 Above him were seraphim, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. 3 And they were calling to one another:

'“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty;
    the whole earth is full of his glory.”

'4 At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.

'5 “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”'

 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 4
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

I'm surprised that Jim Bob and Michelle didn't force Jinger to learn to use her right hand when she was little. Given their ignorant and punitive approach to child-rearing, beating the left-handedness out of a kid to make her "normal" seems like the kind of thing they would fixate on.

Is left-handedness regarded as a sin in the Bible?

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Is left-handedness regarded as a sin in the Bible?

The only instances in the Bible that I remember of people being left-handed, they're badass warriors. 🙂 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

 Another fun fact about Jingle:  she still has not learned how to fake putting a puzzle together for Instagram. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 19

Share this post


Link to post

So Isaiah sees God and his posse, God tells him he’s His guy...and his response is “woe is me”?

There is no pleasing some people...🙂

P.S. Although the part where he’s bewailing having to live surrounded by unclean lip people does have a RFP air of loftiness about it, so...

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

10 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

So Isaiah sees God and his posse, God tells him he’s His guy...and his response is “woe is me”?

There is no pleasing some people...🙂

P.S. Although the part where he’s bewailing having to live surrounded by unclean lip people does have a RFP air of loftiness about it, so...

Actually, I think Isaiah's having more of a Wayne's World "We're not worthy" moment than an "I'm better than you" thing, so it's hard for me to see how RFP relates to that since he clearly seems to have a rather high opinion of himself. Unless RFP really does think he is very humble, and that would be so astonishingly clueless that I could actually see JereMe thinking that about himself. 

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, PinkyCupcake said:

Riveting.

At first I thought it said revolting 🤣🤣🤣

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Jer and Jing are trying to change the flavor of the responses to their posts. The responses usually turn into - they're are great/no they suck, arguments.

 

  • Like 4
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jer and Jing are trying to change the flavor of the responses to their posts. The responses usually turn into - they're are great/no they suck, arguments.

 

Exactly. Plus, I think they're also trying to be more like the audience that's the best fit for them -- people who are into conservative Protestantism while also wanting to be upscale LA types to some degree......

My bet is that their new agent must be giving them some advice because they need to appeal to one suitable audience and those "great/suck" comments aren't good....

Not clear that it'll work out, even with the advice, because as influencers they'll still need to be good at implementing the advice on their own. 

But I do think they're trying to go in a sensible direction at the moment. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Exactly. Plus, I think they're also trying to be more like the audience that's the best fit for them -- people who are into conservative Protestantism while also wanting to be upscale LA types to some degree......

My bet is that their new agent must be giving them some advice because they need to appeal to one suitable audience and those "great/suck" comments aren't good....

Not clear that it'll work out, even with the advice, because as influencers they'll still need to be good at implementing the advice on their own. 

But I think they're going in a sensible direction at the moment. 

Those posts scream--someone told me I need to work on engaging my followers.  It's all about engagement which is something they need to work on.  I was curious and took a peek.  Jinger could not be bothered to respond to the comments.  Way to half-ass it there Jing.  

  • Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Those posts scream--someone told me I need to work on engaging my followers.  It's all about engagement which is something they need to work on.  I was curious and took a peek.  Jinger could not be bothered to respond to the comments.  Way to half-ass it there Jing.  

I'm afraid Jer sold her on his (apparent) idea that being a top influencer is easy money and fame. All you need to do is get pics taken of you looking cute! 

Not hardly. 

It's always possible to learn, though.....We all start out doing new things awkwardly.....Can't say they look to have learned much from their string of previous attempts, although even taking some reasonable advice could be kind of a baby step in the right direction......Maybe if they had to pay a Los Angeles-level rent, it'd motivate them more strongly. 😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

12 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Is left-handedness regarded as a sin in the Bible?

I can't find anything religious about it, it seems to be mostly a societal issue. My grandma, my mom and myself were all lefthanded,  but I am the only one who was allowed to remain one.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Whose favorite childhood food is shrimp cocktail? What a pretentious twit. 

Surprised he didn’t say escargot.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 16

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, VioletWitch said:

 

Not a very flattering pic of Jinger.  She looks heavily made up and not in a good way.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I'm afraid Jer sold her on his (apparent) idea that being a top influencer is easy money and fame. All you need to do is get pics taken of you looking cute!

well that would have been an easy sell to Jinger.

she is old enough to remember the pre TLC days and how the Duggar family was enriched by basically being their same lazy and boring selves, doing lazy and boring things, but doing them on a tv show.

surely she would buy into that would work for her and Jer in L.A. as influencers, after putting out there they are the "breakout stars" of counting on.

that is her experience, be boring, get a house, get to travel, get to be on TV, never work, etc

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

well that would have been an easy sell to Jinger.

she is old enough to remember the pre TLC days and how the Duggar family was enriched by basically being their same lazy and boring selves, doing lazy and boring things, but doing them on a tv show.

surely she would buy into that would work for her and Jer in L.A. as influencers, after putting out there they are the "breakout stars" of counting on.

that is her experience, be boring, get a house, get to travel, get to be on TV, never work, etc

 

Good point.  The Jingle Apple may have moved to California but she still didn't fall far from the mindset tree. 😈

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, VioletWitch said:

 

Surely Jeremy the Great has a smart phone with all the apps ! I doubt Jinger ale is looking through his phone daily either.

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

3 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Surely Jeremy the Great has a smart phone with all the apps ! I doubt Jinger ale is looking through his phone daily either.

Has Jeremy ever acknowledged that his claims about restricting his phone usage appear to be . . . no longer true? I don't think they ever were true, but I'd be willing to play along if he admitted he was no longer as strict about his phone usage as he once claimed to be. 

  • Like 13
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm sorry to all the left-handers who had to go through that crap. It is such crap. Its a freaking hand. It doesn't mean anything. My mom was a lefty and her teacher tried to pull that crap on her but her parents' who were both lefties so weren't having it. They went to the school and went off on her and when she tried to insist they went to the principal all fired up and wouldn't back down until she dropped it. Which she did. She barely spoke to Mom the rest of the school year. Mom ended up doing the same thing for me when my first grade teacher didn't want to pass me because she thought I was too short for the second grade. 

  • Like 9
  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Is left-handedness regarded as a sin in the Bible?

It's not in the Bible, but, dating back to the Middle Ages, left-handedness was thought to be a mark of the Devil. The word "sinister" comes from the Latin word for "left". I wouldn't be surprised if this belief is still alive among the more whacked-out Fundies.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post

Huh, the devil. Two of my older siblings went to school in the 60s, both lefties. Do mainstream schools try to change that anymore?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Huh, the devil. Two of my older siblings went to school in the 60s, both lefties. Do mainstream schools try to change that anymore?

Not that I'm aware. The interference on me and my brother both came at home and not in public schools. 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

No one tried to change me back in the dark ages. I do not use the claw method, so my hand is usually an ink-stained mess. 😂

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

On 5/14/2020 at 4:47 PM, VioletWitch said:

 

What is she even looking at???????

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

How the heck did Jinjer learn to ride a unicycle in a long denim skirt?  Unless she learned after she got married and started wearing pants, but how can one modestly hop up on a unicycle and then ride it safely in those skirts they wore?

  • Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

No one tried to change me back in the dark ages. I do not use the claw method, so my hand is usually an ink-stained mess. 😂

I attended Catholic grade schools back in the 60's and, even then, the nuns never tried to change me into a right hander.  They just taught me to slant the page the other way and try to not drag my hand across the fresh ink as I wrote.  I am the only lefty in my family; parents, brother, sisters, even aunts, uncles and grandparents were all righties.  We think my nephew who died at age 5 might've been a lefty, but he died back in the early 90's when preschoolers weren't learning penmanship so we'll never know for sure.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Tigregirl said:

How the heck did Jinjer learn to ride a unicycle in a long denim skirt?  Unless she learned after she got married and started wearing pants, but how can one modestly hop up on a unicycle and then ride it safely in those skirts they wore?

It does seem crazy, but I remember mentions of the Duggars having unicycles. And I'm sure they were all bored enough to want to try whatever there was for them to try. ....

The girls may have been so used to riding bikes and hiking and what have you in long skirts and flip flops that the unicycle didn't seem much of a stretch for them. 

Like Queen Victoria riding horses in those getups she always wore. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

It does seem crazy, but I remember mentions of the Duggars having unicycles.

I also remember Josiah was shown riding a unicycle.

but you all will get a great laugh over this -when i searched  google for Duggar's on unicycles what came up were references to Josh and David Waller having a unicycle competition. apparently shown along with the josh/david mud wrestling clip, in some montage about their manly competitions.

it was in the episode where josh and family drove the RV to chicago. the one where Jana was not shown being there/ the men took the kid's the hardware.

 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

The logo - the brand....  Could it be a clothing line?  A lifestyle and home furnishings collection?  A faith-based talk show?   

logo.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

The logo - the brand....  Could it be a clothing line?  A lifestyle and home furnishings collection?  A faith-based talk show?   

logo.jpg

All of the above! 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Huh, Jinger's name is first. I wonder how long Jeremy took to be okay with that.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
Aethera

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size