Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

15 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

There is a link to the group's instagram.....But it's not highlighted.....And I don't think you're going to click it unless you know something that would make you curious. It's cryptic and connected to nothing enticing that I can see. 

Maybe Diana saw Lillies of the Field and has a lifelong thing for Sidney Poitier?  This attempt at going viral is so silly it makes me giggle.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

6 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Who hasn't had a lifelong thing for Sidney Poitier? 

Amen.  Amen.  Amenamenamen.  Hallelujah! 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 11

All this time I have been baffled by Jeremy's ineptness at marketing, given his business degree. Maybe he inherited it from his mother. 

• Laugh 12

While the challenge was certainly lacking it's only half as dumb as many of the silly stupid challenges posted on SM. Most are just to stave off boredom, with a select few trolling for personal info.

• Like 7

Her hobby is avid cooking. This is why you should check your notes before doing one of these things.

• Laugh 14

17 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Madam Secretary? A show about a woman in a high place of power? Please.

Exactly 

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Madam Secretary? A show about a woman in a high place of power? Please.

See. This is why I keep thinking that she has some secret dream of learning what it's like to have an actual, you know, job. .... a career, even!......Somewhere down inside of Jingle I swear there's a modern woman who believes she's just as capable of living in the outside world as a man is ... silently signaling to get out....

... Unfortunately, I expect the signal will remain silent and the breakout won't ever happen....But I don't think that, if she'd gotten her deepest wish, she''d've been a Christian wifey in a city. She'd have been Jingle in a city. 

I expect her deepest fears and her husband and parents will always stand in the way of her ever even realizing that she has that secret wish. But she'll probably keep watching tv shows about strong women and wondering why they make her feel antsy....

That's my delusion and I'm sticking to it! The "Madame Secretary" answer probably came about because she hit the wrong key or something. 😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 11
  • Sad 2

I thought Madame Secretary sucked ass. If that's her favorite show--and I really don't think it is--I'm not impressed. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

27 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I’m not convinced she’s ever even seen the show.

I've never seen the show, but maybe it's got a bunch of scenes where people drink coffee. That'd get them to watch it. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Just now, Churchhoney said:

I've never seen the show, but maybe it's got a bunch of scenes where people drink coffee. That'd get them to watch it. 

My overriding memory of it was there was no crisis her goddamn husband couldn't fix by flying in on a mission to save the day. Even though he was no longer active duty and was supposed to be a professor. 🤷‍♀️

My grandparents and I used to hate-watch it together, and every time the show had him in a plane, we'd just start laughing maniacally. 

• Laugh 10

7 minutes ago, Zella said:

My overriding memory of it was there was no crisis her goddamn husband couldn't fix by flying in on a mission to save the day. 

Well, that'd get Jer to watch it.....Add some coffee scenes and that could make it must-see-tv for the Vuolos! 😁

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, that'd get Jer to watch it.....Add some coffee scenes and that could make it must-see-tv for the Vuolos! 😁

Bahahahahaha True so true! 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Zella said:

I thought Madame Secretary sucked ass. If that's her favorite show--and I really don't think it is--I'm not impressed. 

I remember football games running over and Madame Secretary would preempt The Good Wife and screw up my DVR recording. I hated Madame Secretary for that reason alone.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 9

3 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I remember football games running over and Madame Secretary would preempt The Good Wife and screw up my DVR recording. I hated Madame Secretary for that reason alone.

OMG Yes, I forgot it was before The Good Wife, and that's one reason why I sat through that shit for so long. It always baffled me that CBS kept trying to present Madame Secretary as prestige TV on par with The Good Wife. (I'd fight anybody right now over the awesomeness of the first 5 seasons of TGW!)

To bring that back to the Vuolos, I'd love to hear more details on the Madame Secretary love. Like, seriously, why? 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 5

I saw/heard a TLC montage on TV recently as I was walking by the television. It was partially over before I stopped to look. In the few seconds I saw, I believe I saw Jing and Jer but no other Duggars.

• Useful 2

A bit blurry, they are  screenshots:

CC4C8AC0-DF3E-4346-A88E-260453F7B239.jpeg

799FCF6C-4870-47A4-B0EF-2507F8449CDE.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

12 hours ago, Zella said:

My overriding memory of it was there was no crisis her goddamn husband couldn't fix by flying in on a mission to save the day. Even though he was no longer active duty and was supposed to be a professor. 🤷‍♀️

My grandparents and I used to hate-watch it together, and every time the show had him in a plane, we'd just start laughing maniacally. 

I remember that too. I liked the show but I hated the husband so much. He was such an asshole. My favorite was every time everyone praised him for being so great when he was so terrible. Especially all the praise he got for being the world's greatest handler. You know grabbing the poor kid off a street and talking in alleys. Wow so great! Nothing suspicious about that! Its not as if he could have you know talked to the spy after class since he was the kid's professor which would have been less suspicious. Nope keep meeting in very suspicious places. I've seen better spies from kids.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

12 hours ago, Zella said:

My overriding memory of it was there was no crisis her goddamn husband couldn't fix

8 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

My favorite was every time everyone praised him for being so great when he was so terrible.

And this may be explanation enough for why it's Jinger's "favorite show".

• Like 2
  • Laugh 9

13 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

That would be Gilmore Girls. There is a lot of coffee drinking there.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2

2 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

That would be Gilmore Girls. There is a lot of coffee drinking there.

Oh, no they couldn't watch that. Its about a woman who got pregnant at sixteen and never got married and a daughter who likes to cheat on her boyfriends and slept with her married ex-boyfriend. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 6

Rory lost her virginity to married Dean. That hussy. Then she dating/got pregnant by Logan who was engaged to not Rory. Writers really ruined Rory character. Went from smart going places girl to the always the side piece never the bride and unemployed. I think she was living with her mom at end.

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Felicity is Jeremy's Mom..spit out ...I mean looks just like her...I see no Dugger looks at all!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Rory lost her virginity to married Dean. That hussy. Then she dating/got pregnant by Logan who was engaged to not Rory. Writers really ruined Rory character. Went from smart going places girl to the always the side piece never the bride and unemployed. I think she was living with her mom at end.

Or the Wookie! There's still a chance Rory got pregnant by the Wookie. 

• Laugh 5

1 hour ago, Dimi1 said:

Felicity is Jeremy's Mom..spit out ...I mean looks just like her...I see no Dugger looks at all!

Yay 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dimi1 said:

I agree. All the Duggar grandkids are cute, but they blend together because there's not much variation in their features. Felicity might be the outlier.

• Like 4

See, I had a different opinion. I think that a sizable number of the Duggar grandchildren look like the in-laws. There are a few who take more after the Duggar side. For example, I think Izzy looks like Jill and Sam looks like John David. Garrett looks like Joe.

But Gideon is all Austin, and the older M kids (especially Mack and Marcus) look like Anna. The younger M kids (especially Meredith) may resemble some of the other Duggars. I think it's too early to tell with Bella and Grace, although I think Addison (who is around the same age range) looks like Kendra. 

Felicity definitely looks like Diana though, no question about that.

The one I'm having most difficulty placing are the Seewalds, particularly Spurge. I think he looks like a perfect blend between Jessa and Ben, whereas Henry and Ivy may be more on the Duggar side. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Did they really photoshop out Felicity’s nipples?

Oh my. They did. How about just putting a shirt on your kid prior to filming?

• Like 12
  • Laugh 1

7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I saw/heard a TLC montage on TV recently as I was walking by the television. It was partially over before I stopped to look. In the few seconds I saw, I believe I saw Jing and Jer but no other Duggars.

Well, they are the breakout stars....

16 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Silly! That wouldn't show how modest and very very godly we are! 

• Laugh 6

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

That sound you hear is MeeChelle's head exploding. Remember at somebody's wedding Josie was running around and her jacket slipped off, exposing a shoulder? She just about had a stroke then. And now Lissy was photographed without a shirt??? Her head will indeed explode.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 11
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Did they really photoshop out Felicity’s nipples?

I don’t think that they did. Those are screenshots from a video (Instagram stories) so I think that it’s just a case of low resolution/bad lighting/subjects in motion. Not that I wouldn’t put it past the Duggars in other circumstances 😀

• Like 10

Instagram is anti-nipples, maybe Instagram filtered them out. I wouldn't be surprised. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 2

1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Instagram is anti-nipples, maybe Instagram filtered them out. I wouldn't be surprised. 

Are they anti-nipple for both sexes?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Are they anti-nipple for both sexes?

I don't know the answer to this question specifically, but I would imagine the modesty filter wouldn't be able to differentiate between the chest of a male and female toddler. It's not like they're all that different at that point. 

My vote is to it being blurry because it's a screenshot of a video. Jeremy is pretty blurry, too.

The concept is dumb but the video is pretty cute. Felicity looks like she's having fun, Jinger does more pushups than I could manage (which is zero, tbh), and I'm not going to fault them for doing stuff like this to pass time whIle they wait it quarantine orders. 

Edited by McManda
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Or the Wookie! There's still a chance Rory got pregnant by the Wookie. 

Forgot about that 

37 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yep they're both human! (Other than that, I see no clear resemblance.)  

• Like 7
  • Laugh 13

43 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Maybe??The eyebrows???

• Like 2

Jeremy's face is so washed out that you can't see much. So yeah, eyebrows. 😁

• Like 3
  • Laugh 6

1 hour ago, Temperance said:

I don't either. I think Felicity looks like Jeremy's mom, whereas he's a carbon copy of his dad.

• Like 6

When I see felicity, all I can see is Diana. It will be interesting to see how that changes as she gets older!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

How would they be able to influence?

JerMe would be giving his monthly video-sermon wearing a designer mask.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

7 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/04/03/laredo-coronavirus-masks/

Evidently Laredo is fining individuals $1,000 if they do not wear a face mask. Can you imagine if Jinger and Jeremy were still living there? How would they be able to influence?

They'd probably like it. It would give them something to take pictures of. Actually that now everyone is should be wearing them, we're apt to see some new photos from the Vuolos.

• Like 4

Aethera

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.