Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

18 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

This may be a distinction without a difference, but calling her Prop or Publicity to me is a snark on her parents and how they are constantly using her on SM to add to their brand, not a snark on her. I wouldn’t call her an actual name, not even FP Junior, for the reasons you mentioned.

I can see you point there. but it has come to replace Felicity's name in a lot of posts for it seems no reason than it was funny and now it is habit to call her those things.

ETA - i have not seen that happen here with any of the other grands. we snark on spurgeon"s unfortunate name, or say giddyup for gideon the silliness of maryella. but their names have not been replaced to snark on the parents

Edited by crazy8s · Reason: added
  • Like 3

Asshat couldn't just leave his post at just discussing coffee. Had to mention he was waiting for lunch at Howlin Rays.

I think poor FeliciTee looks BORED and not so engaged it the boring bullshit her parents make her be a part of. I will say it again, I feel so badly for this kid. Her parents are doing what Jingers parents did. Profiting in some way off of their child. How about Jer just post about his fucking coffee and leave the child out of the post altogether?   Too novel an idea for them? Not so LA chic?

Again .....when does this schmuck go to school? 

24 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

This may be a distinction without a difference, but calling her Prop or Publicity to me is a snark on her parents and how they are constantly using her on SM to add to their brand, not a snark on her. I wouldn’t call her an actual name, not even FP Junior, for the reasons you mentioned.

Agree 1000%! It's snark on her parents, and nothing to do with her. She doesn't put herself in these absurdly stupid IG posts !! If she could walk away and go play instead of having her picture taken (likely dozens of times over for the right look), I am sure she would.

Run. Felicty.........RUN! 

• Like 24

truly all Duggar kids and grands could be called Prop in any post - that's all any of them have ever been

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 13
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

as I have said here before, felicity is an average child.

But every posed and filtered pic is meant to make everyone believe she is somehow an exceptional child.

I think she is cute. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Fig Newton said:

Again .....when does this schmuck go to school? 

Keeping in mind that what we see on social media is usually not reality, I seriously hope that we're only seeing him in his rare free time.  We've seen a few photos were they are trying to suggest that the little girl spends time on daddy's lap when he's studying, but I'll bet those were fleeting photo op moments and the majority of time he's behind closed doors studying while Jinger entertains the little girl.

• Like 3

wonder if Derick suggested to Jer that childproof door knob thing for the "office/study" room

• Like 1

Wait, was that giant glass jug his coffee?? Holy crap, my heart is going nuts just looking at that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Wait, was that giant glass jug his coffee?? Holy crap, my heart is going nuts just looking at that. 

No. Not the big bottle. He's got a pretty milky coffee of some kind in a small bottle in his hand. Follow Felicity's gaze and you'll see it. Because of its paleish color, it doesn't stand out very well against Felicity's pink outfit. 

• Useful 1

3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I should have added to my earlier post about Felicity being average and posts are made to make her seem exceptional

exact same thing could be said about her parents - average people trying to make people think they are exceptional

Oh, come on. Doesn't that look on Jer's face in the coffee shop convince you that he is really hot stuff? Because I expect he thinks it should, since he's trying his darnedest to make that happen. 😁

• Laugh 12

5 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I agree. Plus, the way they use her does make her seem like a prop in a way I don’t feel with the other grands. My family has always taken tons of pictures, even more social media. Jessa, Anna, Jill, and others seem pretty typical to me. They’ll take pictures of their kids doing child appropriate things, and things they enjoy (well, Jill tries, but those poor boys are woefully understimulated). Sometimes they come off as super posed, but plenty of normal parents pose pictures of their kids in a natural environment. 

the difference to me if that Jeremy and Jinger constantly take felicity to places that are not child friendly, or at least interesting to a child. It makes me feel like they had the following conversation:

jeremy: let’s go to this new coffee shop that opened down the street, and then shopping at a ritzy store for pocket squares, and then to a fancy dinner!

jinger: ooooh, sounds awesome babe! I’ll call the babysitter. 

jeremy: can’t you handle felicity?

jinger: yeah, babe, but she won’t like any of those places.

jeremy: but if she’s in the picture, we’ll get more likes! In fact, I’ve got a few ideas of poses that I want her to try out!

It just seems like the ONLY reason she’s at a lot of these places is for J+J’s Publicitee, in a way I don’t see with the others.

i think maybe you are giving Jing too much credit on thinking about Felicity.

Jing does what Jer says no questions asked because he is her Headship

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 12

14 hours ago, Lunera said:

Cute couple. 

Kitchen scales, beanie and a jug of coffee? What’s going on?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

Kitchen scales, beanie and a jug of coffee? What’s going on?

I think that is a phone or tablet not a kitchen scale.

28 minutes ago, Christina87 said:
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

I agree. Plus, the way they use her does make her seem like a prop in a way I don’t feel with the other grands. My family has always taken tons of pictures, even more social media. Jessa, Anna, Jill, and others seem pretty typical to me. They’ll take pictures of their kids doing child appropriate things, and things they enjoy (well, Jill tries, but those poor boys are woefully understimulated). Sometimes they come off as super posed, but plenty of normal parents pose pictures of their kids in a natural environment. 

I agree with this. I think pretty much all the rest of the family do stereotypical kid pictures where they think their kid(s) are being cute or funny. I am sure they pose pictures sometimes as well, but they tend to look more natural than JinJer's photos. JinJer's pictures always seem so fake and posed and doing it because they know that Felicity generates more likes. Jeremy is so thirsty for any kind of fame no matter how small it seems. 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

Keeping in mind that what we see on social media is usually not reality, I seriously hope that we're only seeing him in his rare free time.  We've seen a few photos were they are trying to suggest that the little girl spends time on daddy's lap when he's studying, but I'll bet those were fleeting photo op moments and the majority of time he's behind closed doors studying while Jinger entertains the little girl.

He still seems to have shitloads of more free time than anyone else I've ever known in grad school, including myself when I was in it. 

• Like 20

I agree that the Vuolos' pictures appear more staged and kids and animals always get more oohs and aahs, but I dragged my kids with me everywhere I went for the most part. I saved getting a babysitter for adult only events. This was before cell phone cameras and social media, but I'd hazard to guess I would have taken a few pics, although I'm unsure if I would have posted them or not. I know for sure my husband would never have posted them.

The Vuolos are trying to make it as Influencers, I give them a tad bit of credit of not posting the shit Jill and Jessa post, just a tad bit.

Actually, IMHO, Anna's posts are the most mainstream typical posts of all the Duggars and inlaws.

• Like 1

I don't understand how Jessa's use of her kids is seen as better. She actively involves her kids in making her videos to showcase how great she's doing something or how great they are at something. Jill posts pictures of her kids in danger and thinks it's funny. Jinger and Jeremy post pictures of themselves out and about and include their child. What would be said if they took all of these pictures without her? Probably "They never have their kid". Additionally, if you look at their pictures a LOT of them have the same outfit in them. Which means they are taking a ton of pictures on a few occasions and then posting them. Rather than actually posing for pictures every day. I take my son every where with me. People often tell me that I could have left him home but I just choose not to. I almost always take at least one picture of him everywhere we are. As far as I can remember, they've endorsed a product with Felicity in the picture or even shilled for a baby product. 

• Like 14

15 minutes ago, Tasya said:

I don't understand how Jessa's use of her kids is seen as better. She actively involves her kids in making her videos to showcase how great she's doing something or how great they are at something. Jill posts pictures of her kids in danger and thinks it's funny. Jinger and Jeremy post pictures of themselves out and about and include their child. What would be said if they took all of these pictures without her? Probably "They never have their kid". Additionally, if you look at their pictures a LOT of them have the same outfit in them. Which means they are taking a ton of pictures on a few occasions and then posting them. Rather than actually posing for pictures every day. I take my son every where with me. People often tell me that I could have left him home but I just choose not to. I almost always take at least one picture of him everywhere we are. As far as I can remember, they've endorsed a product with Felicity in the picture or even shilled for a baby product. 

But do you then post those pictures of your son for thousands of complete strangers? And I agree that Jessa is no better.

• Like 10

41 minutes ago, Tasya said:

Jessa is no better.  If fact, her house tours border on scary revealing way too much TMI.

• Like 13
  • Useful 1

What "wait," Jinge? You got married at 21. Unless that's considered an old maid now. And if so, what does that make Jana? 😕

• Like 18
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 3

26 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Me reading this bullshit.

Screenshot_20171207-104555.thumb.jpg.34b16c6d2a60f23b2720a2a06afb1a73.jpg

This is probably her term paper for the how to be the bestest pastor's wife ever course she is supposed to attend.  

• Like 5
  • Laugh 10

2 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Since when was Jinger ever enthusiastic about new foods? Or any foods?

If anything she's been incredibly picky with her food.

Also, since when does she call him Jer? She wants to be Audrey Roloff so bad with her crappy relationship advice. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 4

25 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

What "wait," Jinge? You got married at 21. Unless that's considered an old maid now. And if so, what does that make Jana? 😕

Jinger was probably looking for 21 years. 

• Laugh 6

2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

1 hour ago, Namaste said:

Jinger was 22 when she got married and almost 23. She got married at 22 the first week of November 2016. She turned 23 in December right before Christmas.

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 3

They've figured it out. Now they're advertising for the Jesus angle in Influencing. Looking for Chick-fil-A and Hobby Lobby types to come a calling.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 6

11 hours ago, Namaste said:

The fact that she considers that period a worthwhile "wait" tells a lot about how much she was enjoying her life for those 21 years, too, doesn't it? 

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

The fact that she considers that period a worthwhile "wait" tells a lot about how much she was enjoying her life for those 21 years, too, doesn't it? 

Exactly!

• Like 6

Cute picture of Jeremy and FeliciTEE, but yeah, sorry Jingle, I'm not buying it. Jeremy's Instagram is 100% self-promotion. 

• Like 13

“Does this man love Christ more than anything? How does he care for the weakest around him who can never repay? What are his priorities in life? How is he currently living out these things he speaks of now?”

1)Well...no. European fashion, dontcha know...

2)He hits them up for free coffee?

3) Himself, his mirror, pretty baby, pretty wife, fashion. Also, fashion.

4) So far, he’s grifting his brains out for freebies. 

Seriously Jinger???

• Like 4
  • Laugh 16

26 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

“Does this man love Christ more than anything? How does he care for the weakest around him who can never repay? What are his priorities in life? How is he currently living out these things he speaks of now?”

1)Well...no. European fashion, dontcha know...

2)He hits them up for free coffee?

3) Himself, his mirror, pretty baby, pretty wife, fashion. Also, fashion.

4) So far, he’s grifting his brains out for freebies. 

Seriously Jinger???

The teaching of logic -- or accurate appraisal of facts -- is not a long suit of The Duggar Academy. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 9

Jinger, I have been single longer than you've been alive.  I am a Christian, but definitely not your type of Christian - I'm too liberal for your way of thinking.

Reading your post:  What does Jeremy do to care for the weakest? How is he living out his life?  Does Jeremy consider you one of the "weakest?"  It seems all Jeremy does is post pictures posing with Felicity or different meals at restaurants. 

I know fundies look at each and smile and decide they want to court/get married because they are tired of being one of 19 (or whatever) kids.  But they don't even have a chance to talk about anything other than Jesus and having 19 kids before they spend any time alone.  Married, first kiss, first time having sex, all in one day before you really know each other. 

• Like 15
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

Did we know Jeremy has a podcast? He has a podcast with a man named Josh Buice.  So far there are fifteen episodes.

Episode 14 Jeremy interviews Mark MacArthur, son of John MacArthur. John MacArthur is the head of Jeremy's seminary and eighty years old. Mark is not a theologian (as far as I know). He is investment advisor and Jeremy talks to him about money.

Since the podcast earlier this month, Mark MacArthur is under investigation by the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission).  The SEC: 

"The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is an independent federal government agency responsible for protecting investors, maintaining fair and orderly functioning of the securities markets, and facilitating capital formation."

He could be innocent, but it seems shady to me. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 7
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 5

The Feds don't waste resources unless they've got an airtight case. I'd wager MacArthur is guilty of whatever he's being accused of. 

• Like 12

Link for podcast? Not having any luck finding it on my own, and it doesn't seem like Jeremy advertises it? Is it an old one or one he keeps on the DL?

Also, I totally agree with @BitterApple about federal cases. If they're after you, your ass is probably grass.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Temperance said:

Did we know Jeremy has a podcast? He has a podcast with a man named Josh Buice.  So far there are fifteen episodes.

Episode 14 Jeremy interviews Mark MacArthur, son of John MacArthur. John MacArthur is the head of Jeremy's seminary and eighty years old. Mark is not a theologian (as far as I know). He is investment advisor and Jeremy talks to him about money.

Since the podcast earlier this month, Mark MacArthur is under investigation by the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission).  The SEC: 

"The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is an independent federal government agency responsible for protecting investors, maintaining fair and orderly functioning of the securities markets, and facilitating capital formation."

He could be innocent, but it seems shady to me. 

Mark MacArthur is one of several of John MacArthur's relatives and buddies who have also been frequently mentioned as getting lucrative contracts and such from John MacArthur. Contracts, jobs, positions that give them say in how money is handled that many people connected with JM's church and schools believe should have been bid out and competed for so the church and schools could get good deals and competent work and disinterested advice. And so they could behave fairly -- you know, the way Jesus would recommend. 

Quite a few people  fear that MacArthur generally doesn't give a crap about those things, however, and pretty much always just funnels as much of the congregation's and students' money -- and power over his various enterprises -- to his own personal cronies and relatives as he can. 

That's one of the various nepotism charges that people reported to the WASC investigation. So that's another thing that's going on  with these jerks financially, in addition to this SEC investigation. 

We've talked about episodes of Jer's podcast a few times on the forum though not very often. I didn't realize he'd recently interviewed Mark MacArthur.

That shows to me how closely Jer's tied to MacArthur and MacArthur's shady enterprise......It's another way in which Jer's been pulled in to try and help the MacArthur image, too. ..... He's probably getting some cash on the side to do that, in addition to his work-free and tuition-free degree and his free house, I suppose. 

It all suggests to me that Jer also knows exactly how shady and dirty these power- and money-hungry "Christians" are, even if he only knows about it semi-consciously, down inside where we know some of those truths that we can't stand to admit even to ourselves. 

Jer's either a very stupid patsy or an aspiring piece of MacArthur-emulating slime, I'd say.....Or possibly both. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 6
  • Useful 13

1 hour ago, Zella said:

Link for podcast? Not having any luck finding it on my own, and it doesn't seem like Jeremy advertises it? Is it an old one or one he keeps on the DL?

Also, I totally agree with @BitterApple about federal cases. If they're after you, your ass is probably grass.

The podcast is with Josh Buice -- and it's related to the G3 conference....

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g3-podcast/id1490626114

• Useful 1

7 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

The podcast is with Josh Buice -- and it's related to the G3 conference....

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g3-podcast/id1490626114

Very interesting. Thank you! Am I correct he's not really posting about this podcast on his social media sites? 

I'm not a podcast listener, but in my experience, people on social media tend to promote the shit out of their podcasts in a way he doesn't seem to. (Just off the top of my head because I'm reading Catch and Kill, but Ronan Farrow's Instagram and Twitter presence is very much that of a man with a recent podcast series he's promoting. Not disparaging Ronan at all--he's doing good work--but that to me is much more normal promotion-wise than the way Jeremy seems to minimize this in his online presence?)

Edited by Zella
  • Like 7

Notice how Mr. Mark allegedly-lied-to-investors-to-get-more-money-for-himself MacArthur promotes his current financial-management business by repeatedly pointing to himself as a very very godly Christian who's constantly talking about his love of the Scriptures and how he's constantly seeing God in all things. 

Yeah. 

Kind of reminds me of that portrait of the godly husband nonsense Jingle told us about a day or so ago. 

Mark MacArthur

@Mark__Mac

President, M2 Stewardship Group

@M2_Financial

Wow. To think that I still turn down the radio volume to LOOK for an address that my GPS just notified is right next to me. Seriously, the abilities that God gives to develop this kind of stuff is terrific.'

https://twitter.com/mark__mac?lang=en

Jan 28

Overrated: Do what you love Underrated: Love what you do Everyone is blessed w/ certain gifts, interests & opportunities. "Love what you do" realizes a match between God's design / my desire. Phil 3:14 #diligence Ps 37:4

Jan 24

Principally, submission/support do not require solidarity. What I see from POTUS recently; I support that leadership. Regardless, I desire to honorably submit to Govt. Rmns 13 But, my solidarity is to Christ & Scripture, which guides the former and calls me to the latter.

"Love what you do," says MM. "And what I love is to get money by any means possible."

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 1
  • Useful 6

8 minutes ago, Zella said:

Very interesting. Thank you! Am I correct he's not really posting about this podcast on his social media sites? 

I'm not a podcast listener, but in my experience, people on social media tend to promote the shit out of their podcasts in a way he doesn't seem to. (Just off the top of my head because I'm reading Catch and Kill, but Ronan Farrow's Instagram and Twitter presence is very much that of a man with a recent podcast series he's promoting. Not disparaging Ronan at all--he's doing good work--but that to me is much more normal promotion-wise than the way Jeremy seems to minimize this in his online presence?)

I don't really follow Jer's social media, but I don't think he posts about it frequently, at any rate. ....I think he may have posted about it somewhere shortly after the G3 conference, though.....

• Useful 1

2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I don't really follow Jer's social media, but I don't think he posts about it frequently, at any rate. ....I think he may have posted about it somewhere shortly after the G3 conference, though.....

Yeah I don't really either, but whenever I do pop in on it because of something someone has posted here, it seems to be mostly fashion and food.

• Like 1

According to Compliance Week magazine, this whole kickback scheme the SEC is looking at traces back to a bunch of guys who were classmates at The Master's University (John MacArthur's college, not his seminary....) 

You know, one of those places where he's absolutely adamant that everyone there, including the typists and lawn-mowing staff, be faithful adherents of his strict Calvinist theology and attend his church. 

Guess that insistence on pristine virtue doesn't hold for his own family and their personal friends...

"According to the SEC, Gravette and MacArthur, in their work at Criterion, recommended clients to invest more than $16 million across private real estate funds—two fund managers of which were compensating Criterion more than $1 million that Criterion failed to inform its clients about.

"The alleged side payments were recurring and, thus, required Criterion to keep its clients invested in those funds instead of allocating their capital elsewhere. The SEC notes two of the funds resulted in reduced investment returns for clients.

"According to the SEC, MacArthur was a former colleague of one of the fund manager’s principals, and both Gravette and MacArthur attended the same university and were long-time social acquaintances of the other fund manager’s principals.

"Gravette and MacArthur were both advisers during the time these alleged activities occurred, and Gravette was CCO for most the relevant period. The SEC claims the duo received approximately $1.1 million in undisclosed non-advisory compensation, and given that total, Gravette and MacArthur’s alleged actions were “willful, knowing, intentional, or reckless, and their course of conduct was further unreasonable.”"

Maybe Jer's looking around the MacArthur campuses for some future buddies with whom he can hook up for bribery and money-laundering schemes of some kind. Seems like it might be a good place to find such fellows. 

https://www.complianceweek.com/regulatory-enforcement/ccos-face-sec-charges-over-conflicts-of-interest/28468.article

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 8
  • Surprise 3

I don't remember him posting about a podcast for quite some time. This latest development is quite intriguing. 

• Like 5

Aethera

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.