Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

On 12/7/2019 at 9:32 PM, Lunera said:

Jinger looks so awkward watching everyone dancing. 

Um, I spotted TWO WOMEN DANCING TOGETHER in the video and now I have been defrauded by their ebil homosexual vibe and I've got to run out of the house to look for lesbians! The gay agenda has converted me! (They were actually clearly just friends or sisters or something having fun together, but is the kind of thing that would usually get blown out of proportion by these numpties.) 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I'm confused.  These folks got married over 2 months ago, and there were tons of posts & photos back then. 

Is there some sort of scandal the Vuolos are involved in with this couple?  Is their wedding being re-hashed for something sensational?  

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, leighdear said:

I'm confused.  These folks got married over 2 months ago, and there were tons of posts & photos back then. 

Is there some sort of scandal the Vuolos are involved in with this couple?  Is their wedding being re-hashed for something sensational?  

This is around the time photographers and videographers send out the polished photos and videos. Probably released to remind the public these two exist. 

I'm not the only one who noticed how awkward those kisses were, am I? Not Duggar level but pretty close. 

And Books is terrible at what he does. Get a better minister next time you get married Gabby. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

Gabby sounded like a 3rd grader reading aloud from a book especially at the beginning. 

ETA:  I really don't like Gabby's dress that much  but there were a few shots where I thought she looked stunning. One in particular was her getting ready to open the doors & enter a building,  possibly the reception?  It was a shot of her from behind& it really showed the back of  her dress & hair off well. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I clicked on Gabby's "I Hope" video at the end of the wedding video. She's pretty 'intimate' with the dude in the video. I wonder how that sits with Mr Kade.

They're obviously not part of the Kirk Cameron crowd who only touch or kiss their own spouses, who have to stand in for the actual actor/actress during intimate scenes.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, leighdear said:

They released this wedding video on Wednesday December 4th. The Duggars are boring and this video was interesting and somewhat snarkworthy. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

You know what though -

Cade and Gabby are both very talented.  They honed that talent as young kids and both managed to get onto Idol and make it extremely far.  If anyone’s ever heard the past contestants talk about the Idol journey - it’s HARD work.  And a lot of pressure, competition, and anxiety.  They made it through, found each other, and made records on their own and perform and try to make it as artists.  

Jinger and Jeremy - none of that.  At all.  You stick them on Idol or something similar and they wouldn’t even know how to sign up online.

• Love 15

So they went to that hotel and apparently ordered...juice, ice water, and a selfie? Their waitperson must have been thrilled. I guess it’s possible their meal hadn’t arrived yet...but their silverware is unused and shoved all over the place and the napkins are still folded.

Jinger. If you want to look like you have ever baked before, you have to do more than put on an apron. Roll up your sleeves and I sincerely hope you washed your hands. Finally, that’s a shit-ton of flour on that freebie rental granite counter. If you need that much flour your dough is too wet. You really haven’t done this much, have you...so why even pretend?

• LOL 6
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20191209-191855.thumb.jpg.640314fa623c6b2358787be6fca9ad8d.jpg

She has flour all over her sleeves.

I can't even explain why, but the look on her face in that dough picture is seriously cracking me up. It's like she is trying to become at one with it. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

"Sometimes the orange juice is just so delicious you forget about the photo being taken"

Or you're 1 and don't give a shit about the photo.

Agreed.  Maybe you're a toddler and you just wants a small sip of that yummy orange drink in front of you but you can't have any yet because Mommy and Datty handed the black rectangle thingy to yet another random stranger and I have to pretends to "smile" before I gets my sip.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

So they went to that hotel and apparently ordered...juice, ice water, and a selfie? Their waitperson must have been thrilled. I guess it’s possible their meal hadn’t arrived yet...but their silverware is unused and shoved all over the place and the napkins are still folded.

Maybe they moved the silverware because Felicity was using it as a drum kit? I notice they moved her orange juice out of reach, too. .... I expect they ordered some food....They're foodies, after all... ☺️

7 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Pretty swanky kitchen for two people who have no jobs.

Well, we certainly can't say Jer's no good at grifting. Have no idea what his secret is....It certainly isn't apparent. But he is very good at grifting. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, kokapetl said:

Do Cade’s family have money? Do Gabby’s? Just how famous and successful are they? How does he have so much volume on top? Is it like a Teresa Giudice hairline thing?

Pretty sure neither family has much money.

But both Cade and Gabby have been working steadily in music, for pay if not for significant fame, for quite a few years now, considering how young they are. (23 and 19) 

And they've both been very serious about having music careers for a long time...So it seems likely they've realized they should invest their money in those careers rather than spend it on other things.....Something like the wedding -- which results in the wedding video -- probably counts as an investment for them, I expect. Something for the fans....so it's gotta be nice. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

. Why do these two think they need to travel around LA and have photos taken of them in hotels, walking down streets, etc?

My guess is that they intend it as advertisement for their celebrity influencer business. Showing potential brand partners that they look cute and enticing in restaurants and stores, so "Hey, don't you want us to come and advertise yours?" 

If you plan a career selling your photos as ads -- which I guess is a plan, based on Jinger's statement about Charlie Chaplin and their career and the fact that they don't seem to show anything related to a subject-matter-expert-type influencer career -- your photos at other people's properties are pretty much your entire resume, I'd guess. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7

I was glad for Jinger.  She appeared to be living her dream and also appeared very happy.  I've never thought that the path Jeremy chose for them had much longevity, but possibly could morph into something longer lasting.

I am sensing that it is starting to unravel.  Jinger's smiles seem forced and it looks like they have run out of things to do other than endless pictures of contrived situations.

We'll see...

Edited by Suzn
  • Love 16
32 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Her “love” of baking, sure. This wasn’t set up for the cameras at all! 😆

7A211D41-3FEA-41A9-81A0-28DDE8F78CB0.jpeg

yep all for the cameras

why else would she have a pizza cutter in the pic before she even finished with the dough? It isn't placed in a way like she was going to use it any time soon.

at first glance, I thought the dough was a very scrawny turkey/chicken and she was trying to figure out where to take the neck etc out. her intense and deep thinking look....😂

• LOL 17

So if JimBobUn is still the one with the TLC purse strings and doling it out as he damn well pleases...or not...and the MacArthur housing/tuition/“job” has even more strings attached and the house freebie may be coming to an end...the RFP’s might be a tad screwed. I can’t see them having that much left over from what they cleared on their house at this point.

I get why Jinger would unconsciously assume that showing up Duggar is all it takes to have money given to her...but RFP is bizarrely out of touch given that he supposedly has a business degree and has experienced career failure once already.

Would it surprise anyone if they slunk out of town to some other tiny church, citing  RFP’s sudden calling to return to the ministry?

• Love 15
12 hours ago, Zella said:

I can't even explain why, but the look on her face in that dough picture is seriously cracking me up. It's like she is trying to become at one with it. 

Maybe it’s classical baking?

She does love classical.

• LOL 16
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

yep all for the cameras

why else would she have a pizza cutter in the pic before she even finished with the dough? It isn't placed in a way like she was going to use it any time soon.

at first glance, I thought the dough was a very scrawny turkey/chicken and she was trying to figure out where to take the neck etc out. her intense and deep thinking look....😂

I thought the same thing!

How can she not push up her sleeves when baking, cooking, or doing chores?  I can't stand it if I don't.

• Love 15
50 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Would it surprise anyone if they slunk out of town to some other tiny church, citing  RFP’s sudden calling to return to the ministry?

Oh, I wouldn't be surprised in the least. I think the move was 10% Jeremy attending seminary and 90% wanting to fulfill his dream of becoming a Big Stah. If the Vuolos can't score influencer gigs and burn through their savings, the allure and shine of L.A. will dull very quickly. I can see then tucking tail and returning to small-town preaching.

• Love 12
42 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I thought the same thing!

How can she not push up her sleeves when baking, cooking, or doing chores?  I can't stand it if I don't.

Maybe she's so used to wearing bell sleeves when working with flour that these sleeves don't seem like a problem. 😁

• LOL 18
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe she's so used to wearing bell sleeves when working with flour that these sleeves don't seem like a problem. 😁

I think she is pretending to be a baker in hopes of someone wanting to give her a baking show deal, cookbook deal or a line of bake ware. all with the new Jinger signature of course

Edited by crazy8s
spelling
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Suzn said:

I was glad for Jinger.  She appeared to be living her dream and also appeared very happy.  I've never thought that the path Jeremy chose for them had much longevity, but possibly could morph into something longer lasting.

I am sensing that it is starting to unravel.  Jinger's smiles seem forced and it looks like they have run out of things to do other than endless pictures of contrived situations.

We'll see...

Started courting May 21st, 2016 and were married November 5th of the same year. Then Jinger moved to Laredo shortly afterwards. The only thing going for them is that Jinger didn't get knocked up immediately. It was all new and exciting. The sheen has likely worn off by now.

The Duggars don't think of long term consequences when they marry their offspring off. It is all short term gain. 

Marry in haste, repent at leisure. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
25 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Started courting May 21st, 2016 and were married November 5th of the same year. Then Jinger moved to Laredo shortly afterwards. The only thing going for them is that Jinger didn't get knocked up immediately. It was all new and exciting. The sheen has likely worn off by now.

The Duggars don't think of long term consequences when they marry their offspring off. It is all short term gain. 

Marry in haste, repent at leisure. 

The thing is that Jinger has had little agency in all of this.  She happened to catch the eye of someone who has taken her away from the Duggar compound and exposed her to a new exciting world.  We know that the foundation of it is barely any better than what she grew up with, but from her perspective, it's bright lights and pretty things.    I have come to see what Jeremy meant about Jinger being "meek".  She is not making any of this happen or making any decisions; she is going where Jeremy leads her.  Sadly the lights may dim.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Has the RFP posted any photos lately of the MAWGs (middle-aged white guys) in charge at the seminary? Seems like the first few weeks he was ‘gramming them constantly...lately it’s just been Prop and Mrs. Meek?

I wonder if his light has dimmed even with them?

• Love 12
7 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I think the recent mess with Fonuts/Rebecca Minkoff has been an eye opener for them.  It strikes me that both of them are very superficial people and they thought that appearances were everything.  To discover that businesses do not want influences who espouse hateful beliefs outside the mainstream really burst their bubble

So far at least, they seem to have responded to being dropped by Fonuts/Rebecca Minkoff by not responding at all. This shows better judgement than I would have given them credit for. In the same situation, Derick would have gone on the warpath, attacking Fonuts on Instagram and whipping his followers up into a frenzy, keeping the scandal going for as long as he could. I gather that some of Jinger's leghumpers have been harassing Fonuts, doing the old "persecuted for their Christian beliefs" song-and-dance, but Jeremy and Jinger themselves have stayed out of the fray, which is the smartest thing they could have done.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
59 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

So far at least, they seem to have responded to being dropped by Fonuts/Rebecca Minkoff by not responding at all. This shows better judgement than I would have given them credit for. In the same situation, Derick would have gone on the warpath, attacking Fonuts on Instagram and whipping his followers up into a frenzy, keeping the scandal going for as long as he could. I gather that some of Jinger's leghumpers have been harassing Fonuts, doing the old "persecuted for their Christian beliefs" song-and-dance, but Jeremy and Jinger themselves have stayed out of the fray, which is the smartest thing they could have done.

Well, I think they realize that if they want more sponsorships, they need to step back in order to try again in a while.

• Love 9
Just now, Sew Sumi said:

Well, I think they realize that if they want more sponsorships, they need to step back in order to try again in a while.

Yup, and it's hard to push back when folks are saying it like it is.

Much easier to say they can support Kanye and his colorful history, because Kanye is not them. They can't really say they don't follow misogynistic beliefs or think folks not like them shouldn't have rights, because they've loudly and proudly have said that's the way they live.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

It pains me to do so, but I have to give Derrick some credit for being willing to be clear and vocal about his beliefs (such that they are). At least he's not a hypocrite trying to dupe the public.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 15
11 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

It pains me to do so, but I have to give Derrick some credit for being willing to be clear and vocal about his beliefs (such that they are). At least he's not a hypocrite trying to dupe the public.

derrick duped the public plenty with the dillard family charity and the gofundme  for that cross church program

• Love 17
11 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Are they though? Both Jeremy and Jinger have a fairly robust TV and electronic trail of their beliefs. Well, maybe not Jinger as much, because what she has said has mostly been when she was a child. But @Churchhoney can pull up many a public statement Jeremy has said in recent months.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Are they though? Both Jeremy and Jinger have a fairly robust TV and electronic trail of their beliefs. Well, maybe not Jinger as much, because what she has said has mostly been when she was a child. But @Churchhoney can pull up many a public statement Jeremy has said in recent months.

Dullard posts inflammatory rhetoric that is 280 characters or less and this is why I think we notice it more. Books tends to drone on. I didn't even click on one of his recent sermons. GET TO THE POINT JEREMY. Your voice isn't that attractive! Get. To. The. Point. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 6