Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Are they wearing matching colors? Seriously!

It's the Jim Bob and Meeechelle look. What could be chicer than that? .... 

That's sort of a fundie fashion tradition, isn't it? Goes beyond JB and M? .....So maybe they figured it'd be appealing to their market. Since these two are apparently diving headfirst into marketing side gigs of various kinds ... 

Edited by Churchhoney
double post
  • Love 9

I apologize to all those I doubted when I stated that I thought Jinger and Jeremy would become untouchable when it came to snark.

Thank you Jinger and Jeremy. Thank you. I thought that was a bad Eddie Bauer advertisement for a second there.

• Love 23
3 hours ago, Christina87 said:

GOD!!!!!!! He is such a poser. Hahahaha I am losing my $hit with him. It's like nonstop propaganda trying to convince us that he's a hot intellectual. I really hope he enjoys all this oh so special posing in the limelight now, because it won't be here in ten years (let's hope!). Jinger's post alone was bad, but Jeremy's make me want to smack him. 

I get soooo stabby every time a see a photo of jer ... I may have bern known to say a few words out loud after seeing photos of Jer 

Tosser 

• Love 14

The picture of Jinger is out of focus. I seriously thought it was the 'before' picture. Good thing she posted the pictures of Jeremy or otherwise some folks would be thinking, nah, I'll pass, I can take shitty photos all by myself.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Jeremy Vuolo:....Male Model. (His true ambition).

Oh I am quite sure he'd be more than happy with that title.  MORE than happy.  Too bad he doesn't have the ass to model men's underpants.

Sorry, he's just so gross.  I want to smack that smug look (and sunglasses) right off his face.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, allonsyalice said:

I do not like this word, but he looks like.....a giant douche. He's the type of guy who ignores you all day and texts "u up?" at 2:30 in the morning. He's the type of guy who does all the typical dating things with you but still calls you his "friend." He's the type of guy who says "my father will hear about this!" when he sees something he doesn't like. He's the type of guy who still brags about his high school sports team winning the championships. He's the type of guy who wears a suit on campus all the time. 

I'd say you nailed it. 

And we can tell  you did because he's obviously excited to be photographed in absolutely classic giant-douche poses. 

And...uh....does he look like a pastor to anyone? .... Seriously....

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

He reminds me of the guy who goes to his high school reunion and thinks he is still the same guy the girls want to date and tells everyone what a big shot he was while he was in high school.

In other words, "The older I get, the better I was." :-)

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

So true. They actually think they're special. Competent and talented. Totally believe their own pr. And TLC's.

Little do they know how lucky they are to live in TeeVee Land. Where the magic fairy dust gives you scads of unearned credit based on your unearned "celebrity" alone. If they had to do anything by real-world standards they'd quickly see how mediocre-and-below they are....Maybe that'd spur some of them to put on a bit of hustle. ....

As long as they're celebs, though, it'll never happen. 

...And I still wonder what's up with this scrambling for any and all cash opportunities, including smallish ones.

I think the whole concept of "influencers" has finally reached their sphere and they're enthusiastic about it. Up until recently, social media was a way to keep relevant for the show and to maybe get speaking engagements, which is why Jana had zero interest in it and why Joy and Austin rarely posted. Now they've become fully aware that instagram can be a moneymaker on it's own, they're taking advantage of the fact that they already have an audience and trying to build a brand that will result in ad revenue and such.

7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The picture of Jinger is out of focus. I seriously thought it was the 'before' picture. Good thing she posted the pictures of Jeremy or otherwise some folks would be thinking, nah, I'll pass, I can take shitty photos all by myself.

Well, you clearly just don't understand art from professional photographer and creative genius Jinger.

• Love 18
48 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

He envisions himself to be the all around perfect man. 

He is lucky to have Jinger to support that delusion. 

This is why he picked her. She is the perfect wife to look at him and thinks he can walk on water. Like I said before, she reminds me of the a politician's wife: got the look down, believes everything he says, thinks he can walk on water, and blindly goes along with what he wants. I am not saying he does not care for her, but he knew what he was doing what he "picked" her to be his wife and become his biggest "supporter"

Edited by bigskygirl
13 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Another opportunity for a cash grab. 

7D9C9B8D-4B28-4E5E-A2C1-B70A39FB44F2.jpeg

I think she would get more followers by saying "Learn to take & edit photos like I am doing."  (or like I did.) 

• Love 13
7 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

This is why he picked her. She is the perfect wife to look at him and thinks he can walk on water. Like I said before, she reminds me of the a politician's wife: got the look down, believes everything he says, thinks he can walk on water, and blindly goes along with what he wants. I am not saying he does not care for her, but he knew what he was doing what he "picked" her to be his wife and become his biggest "supporter"

Exactly....

Plus....Her name is Duggar.  

Does anybody honestly think that Jer would have a high-six-figure Instagram follower account if Jingle were not a Duggar? 

And, given everything we've seen by now, does anybody honestly think that Jer hasn't always been interested in that....and, indeed, fixated on that? And that he isn't very very interested in it now -- and that it isn't paying him dividends? It clearly is. And he clearly really really wants those dividends. 

Just look at his conversation with the team psychologist for the New York soccer team. "Why do you want to be the #1 goalie?" asked the psychologist. "For the glory of God," answered Jer............Well, maybe a little, said the psychologist (remember that this is Jer's account of the convo, of course, and I don't think sports psychologists are necessarily encouraged to immediately tell you you're full of shit when you say something like that). But, said the psychologist, your main impetus is to grab glory and fame for Jer. According to the Jer interview, that apparently seemed undeniable, even to Jer. 

There's no way the desirability of getting a religio-famous wife wasn't also in his mind when he met Jingle, with all her politicians' wifey characteristics. (And I'm also not saying that he doesn't care for her. You can fall for somebody and still have additional motives.)  

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 23

I think Jeremy looks hot.  That style of sunglasses is perfect for his face.  And I like the color of his sweater.  

I don't see her shilling Skillshare as a cash grab.  For me, a grab implies you get nothing for your swipe.  Knowledge/Information/Education of any kind has some value to me, so I'll actually check out Skillshare & see if anything interests me.

YMMV.   

• Love 5
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Jeremy may look the best when it comes the Duggar men, but his attitude and personality leaves a lot to be desired.

Personally on looks, I'd go with Bin.  I just can't take JereME's smarmy self and I honestly don't find him very attractive.

1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

Much less, the meltdown Jinger and baaaabe will have. Everything might not look so perfect anymore.

You mean the fountain pens and Harvard sweatshirts could come to and end????  Say it ain't so!!!  Poor, poor JereME and Jingle.

• Love 20
11 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Jeremy married Jinger as if he were adding an accessory to his outfit.

And the baby is his newest prop.

It’s like a guy who walks his dog for the purpose of meeting girls. Because ya know if a guy loves dogs,(and babies)’ he must be a great guy.

• Love 24
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I agree with you. I also think the Forsyths have the potential to be happiest after the show ends. They seem realistic about marriage, and aren't pretending that everything is soooo perfect and fun all the time. It seems like they realized early on it was going to be a big adjustment, and worked through those issues. Also, Austin is willing to put in the work, and joy never has to worry about where her next meal will come from. Also, joy seems rather easy to please, so she won't expect a lavish lifestyle. Plus she isn't in love with her social media presence  

Compare that to the rest, who have never had to work hard as adults, and have mainly vanity jobs that wouldn't pay the bills otherwise. Can you imagine how Jessa will feel if Bin can't keep her up in style? Much less, the meltdown Jinger and baaaabe will have. Everything might not look so perfect anymore. They will have a fit when they're wearing thrift store dresses again, and their social media followers are dropping like flies. For joy and Austin, though, life will just continue on when the show is cancelled. 

The funny thing is, I suspect that Jeremy would have a bigger meltdown than Jinger.

• Love 23
3 hours ago, bythelake said:

Something is going on with this bunch because they’re all scrambling to make grift money by endorsing products. Jill’s recipes, Joy’s diet supplement, Jinger’s clothes,hats for the baby, all with product info.,and lastly,Jana’s

SM.

Maybe,TLC told JB that the amount given to him for the show would be the same, but has to be spread to include the other newer cast members.This would significantly dilute each couples share. Maybe JB finally realizes that the money won’t last forever, and wants the lazy asses to do something on their own. Either way, they’re all out there hawking their products for Jesus.

Like him or hate him, as I’ve said before, Austin is the only one married to a Duggar who has real job that isn’t tied to JB in some way, He seems to be a hard worker, and has another house ready to flip.

The Forsyths may be the only ones able to survive financially when the show goes down the drain.

I still think JB has something up his sleeve because unlike his children, he’s not lazy about finding ways to get the almighty dollar.

I have to agree about Austin. He doesn't seem to be afraid of hard work and neither does Joy. His job isn't tied into JB or TLC. He isn't studying to be a minister or something he isn't suited for like Derick and the law. 

I also wonder maybe TLC is giving them a pay cut. Not as popular as before, same old same old..... less money more mouths "to feed" and support, time to not only earn their keep but trigger a renewed interest in the Duggar brand. 

• Love 18
5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Jeremy may look the best when it comes the Duggar men, but his attitude and personality leaves a lot to be desired.

Since I don't know a single one of them personally, I'm VERY shallow & do go strictly by looks.  ;-)  

And since Felicity is my favorite of any and all individuals within the Duggarverse, I'll just adore her cute pics.....*LOL*

And I don't see Jing & Baaaaabe as dependent on Jim Bob & Michelle for anything.  They have a huge network outside her family.  Austin & Joy aren't the only ones. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Since I don't know a single one of them personally, I'm VERY shallow & do go strictly by looks.  ;-)  

And since Felicity is my favorite of any and all individuals within the Duggarverse, I'll just adore her cute pics.....*LOL*

And I don't see Jing & Baaaaabe as dependent on Jim Bob & Michelle for anything.  They have a huge network outside her family.  Austin & Joy aren't the only ones. 

As long as Jing and Baaaaabe are on the show and are part of the dog and pony show, they are dependent on Jim Bob and Michelle for their five minutes of famewhoring and hitching up to the TLC money train. He probably would not be interested at all in Jinger if her last name was not Duggar and her infamous family were not hooked to TLC and famous in their religious circle.

43 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Without the Duggars Jeremy would be nothing.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I have to agree about Austin. He doesn't seem to be afraid of hard work and neither does Joy. His job isn't tied into JB or TLC. He isn't studying to be a minister or something he isn't suited for like Derick and the law. 

I also wonder maybe TLC is giving them a pay cut. Not as popular as before, same old same old..... less money more mouths "to feed" and support, time to not only earn their keep but trigger a renewed interest in the Duggar brand. 

1 million to 1.3 million viewers on cable is nothing to sneeze at but they may not be attracting enough advertiser dollars. I haven't watched Counting On on actual TV. Are there still advertisements outside of TLC adverts?

The hustling reminds me of Pimp Mama Kris and getting Kendall to shill for Proactiv. Gotta get that $$$ somehow.

• Love 13
28 minutes ago, debster1 said:

Sadly, I still think he loves her more than anyone else in her life ever has. 

He is the first guy outside the family to give her the time of day. She is thriving a little more because he shows he cares for her especially since her own brother molested her, and daddy did nothing to protect her. Makes me angry and sad for her. I still think Jeremy is a creep who is over obsessed about himself and is using his in-laws to further his own agenda, but at least he treats her better than her idiot father and brother ever did.

Edited by bigskygirl
6 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

He is the first guy outside the family to give her the time of day. She is thriving a little more because he shows he cares for her especially since her own brother molested her, and daddy did nothing to protect her. Makes me angry and sad for her. I still think Jeremy is a creep who is over obsessed about himself and is using his in-laws to further his own agenda, but at least he treats her better than her idiot father and brother ever did.

Unfortunately, it’s a low bar...

• Love 16
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

I disagree. Even if they aren't dependent on them for money, they are dependent on the Duggar fame.

• Love 20
32 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I disagree. Even if they aren't dependent on them for money, they are dependent on the Duggar fame.

That is the opinion of many, but nowhere proven as fact.  Agree to disagree on this.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, leighdear said:

That is the opinion of many, but nowhere proven as fact.  Agree to disagree on this.  

If they are still on the show and are willing to take money to be on the show, they are riding on the Duggar fame train. I bet dollars to donuts Jeremy would not be on the show period if he did not get some money and his five minutes of fame out of it.

9 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

All of their attitudes, personalities, plus their abhorrent beliefs leave a lot to be desired!!

• Love 14
9 hours ago, bythelake said:

Something is going on with this bunch because they’re all scrambling to make grift money by endorsing products. Jill’s recipes, Joy’s diet supplement, Jinger’s clothes,hats for the baby, all with product info.,and lastly,Jana’s SM.

Maybe,TLC told JB that the amount given to him for the show would be the same, but has to be spread to include the other newer cast members.This would significantly dilute each couples share. Maybe JB finally realizes that the money won’t last forever, and wants the lazy asses to do something on their own. Either way, they’re all out there hawking their products for Jesus.

Maybe TLC informed them there will be fewer episodes this season.  Normally, there's around 10, but maybe they were cut down to 6 or 8.  That would get Jim Bob panicky. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

While I understand and agree that without TLC Jeremy's and Jinger's life will change drastically, in truth anyone could lose their job at anytime and Jeremy has already experienced this. Jeremy was almost 30 when he met Jinger and he had managed to scrape by.

Jeremy seems to think he's pretty, thinks has good taste and likes the spotlight, but he also has real friends and appears close to his family. He certainly doesn't appear to me to be anyone I would chose to hang with, but I do think Jeremy is closer to a well rounded person than any Duggar.

I'm thinking Jeremy is using the Duggar fame name more successfully than anyone other than JB. Under the circumstances that's not necessarily a bad thing if you can get past a preacher who seems to love material things so much. But then again there's been many preachers before him that have loved mansions, planes and vacation homes much more than their congregations.  

I'm still waiting and watching to see what happens next.

You realize what an extremely low bar this is, right? ;  )

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17