Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Wait, is Jer still pastor of that Looks-like-a-former-crackhouse Church? The modest old converted house?

This is the new location. It used to be an Adult Day Care facility. 

Screenshot_20190117-130702_Maps-720x1232.thumb.jpg.1b100fff65a3030c08a266d6dea5c4b4.jpg

Screenshot_20190117-125951_Google_crop_719x515.thumb.jpg.fb36ed0782240673c5a1de30df04a7b8.jpg

A lot nicer compared to the tiny house.

Screenshot_20190117-125939_Google_crop_720x954.thumb.jpg.4327f872659da5733495bffaac2a6519.jpg

• Love 5
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Jeremy seems to have some script he's going by. An office filled with wooden shelves, hard cover leather bound books and a large desk with a leather insert. Old school, but very new and upscale pen and ink. A wooden and metal book holder. Brooks Brother's clothing, v-neck sweaters, suits, ties, colorful socks and nice leather shoes and we can't forget the hats.

Not sure of the roots of this script but I'm sure it includes a male heir mini-me, an upscale car and probably a maid. He best have solid plans to continue financing this script or before you know it he'll be following a script he never wrote and will be studying on the living floor with a kid climbing on his back.

Right! If he were a cardiologist, I would find it kind of quirky and cute. As a pastor who tells everyone to be "modest," it's hypocritical and nauseating. As someone who will probably be back to poverty in the next few years (or at least not riches), it's downright stupid. Still think his family has old money. It's the only explanation for his behavior that makes sense!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Wait, is Jer still pastor of that Looks-like-a-former-crackhouse Church? The modest old converted house? He's too damn pretentious for his station in life. No wonder he wanted a girl like Jing, everyone else can see right through him.

I agree with your statement, but she traded in a crappy, used, bought-at-a-thrift-store cage for a gilded one. Long term, I doubt Jer is gonna be the best partner. Shes an adult and could've done all of this herself.

No one wants to be Jill or Anna...

Yep, I see her being the next member in Jill and Anna's club. I could see him desperately trying to hold onto the vestiges of his wealth, trying to keep up appearances while his family does without. I wonder how far it would go. Would he buy a thrift store suit and tie if buying a new one meant they could only afford Ramen? It's an interesting question. I feel like Austin and Bin have too much pride for that, and would work at McDonald's if they had to, but Jeremy has too much pride to work just any job in order to get by. Joe would work hard IMO to not let Kendra go hungry, and I see lauren blantantly pushing Josiah into an okay job, or just being like, "to hell with it!" and taking one herself once the money dries up. Lauren will not live in poverty, and I think she'd fail to keep sweet to prevent it. Jinger, however, would just keep eating ramen and saying, "whatever you think is best, babe!"

• Love 12

While I cannot begrudge Jeremy for trying to monetize his social media presence (this really is the new normal and won't be going away anytime soon),  I do wonder if he is thoroughly researching what companies he is partnering with.  They seem to fit his aesthetic,  but do they fit his politics?  He really does need to think about how these fit into the image he is creating and not just about his bank account.  Also, as a pastor he does need to remain neutral or risk losing parishioners.  If you have 3 plumbers in your church, then you need not recommend only one.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Lunera said:

This is the new location. It used to be an Adult Day Care facility. 

Screenshot_20190117-130702_Maps-720x1232.thumb.jpg.1b100fff65a3030c08a266d6dea5c4b4.jpg

Screenshot_20190117-125951_Google_crop_719x515.thumb.jpg.fb36ed0782240673c5a1de30df04a7b8.jpg

A lot nicer compared to the tiny house.

Screenshot_20190117-125939_Google_crop_720x954.thumb.jpg.4327f872659da5733495bffaac2a6519.jpg

Why is that woman outside by the water cooler when there is empty chairs inside? Has she sinned? It actually looks a bit like a  Mechelle outfit and she has the straggly hair too.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Seems like he really really loves those kind of 40s and 50s New Yorker magazine and movie images of "the intellectual." ....

I wonder if he knows that Alan Ginsburg and William Burroughs are considered intellectuals??  

Also, those people in his church look like they can totally afford Brooks Brothers ties and Jingle's foodie website.  

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, EVS said:

My kids would call Jeremy a poser. 

He reminds me a bit of some of my classmates from a religious college. They wrote bad poetry full of big words, wore sweater vests, and thought they were really special because they read C.S. Lewis's non-Narnia books. One also seemed to think he discovered Monty Python and that this made him cool. This was in the early 2010s. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, AussiesRule said:

Why is that woman outside by the water cooler when there is empty chairs inside? Has she sinned? It actually looks a bit like a  Mechelle outfit and she has the straggly hair too.

I just assumed that was Jinger. Or is the pastor's wife supposed to be front and center?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, graefin said:

So Jeremy posted a bunch of live videos to his Instagram stories from the G3 conference and it seems Ben and Jessa went along also.

"All I have is Christ" 

OMGoodness..what a BORING life.

• Love 23

He best have solid plans to continue financing this script or before you know it he'll be following a script he never wrote and will be studying on the living floor with a kid climbing on his back.

He'll eventually write a book, banking on Jing's fame. 

Thanks all for the updates on the Church of the Holy Adult Day Center.

"All I Have is Christ" "Oh, and all I need is this Chair...

jerk11.jpg

Jana was also there and I'm pretty sure that's Laura next to her. 

*Lesbian courtship intensifies*

• Love 18
6 hours ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20190118-005417_Instagram-720x1280.thumb.jpg.d79bb84b19a5e7f26e6b1d15941a3872.jpg

Notice the #19kidsandcounting   and   #countingon    hashtags.   

If Jer (or Der or Bin, for that matter) DOES manage to rise at all in the Christian work worlds they're trying to enter, they'll definitely owe it to the Duggar fame.

Looks to me like a lot of people are probably thrilled to have the Duggar adjacents in their movement -- because they desperately want to grow their numbers. And these days "celebrity" (no matter how ridiculous or trivial) seems to be one of the few sure ways to do it. And celebrities who loudly and proudly embrace very conservative Christianity -- including its anti-gay and keep-women-in-their-place aspects -- aren't really a dime a dozen currently.

I expect these folks and others look at that "million" mark on Jingle's, Jill's and Jessa's social-media followings....say "hmmm"....then take a strong second look at the girls' not-very-impressive but "well connected" husbands.

(So, really -- Mission Accomplished, boys.)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 19
11 hours ago, Zella said:

The thing that really chaps my ass about Jeremy and his intellectual pretensions is that he has never once demonstrated any true intellectual curiosity or original thought or even interest in actual scholarship. I see his hipster ink well and leather books and other stuff that, truthfully, I also enjoy from an aesthetic standpoint, but he seems to think liking those things makes him intellectual. Newsflash, Jeremy, it doesn't mean a fucking thing. 

I'd be much more interested in his intellectual posturing if he backed that shit up. As is, he's more interested in appearing to be an intellectual than doing any of the hard work actually associated with it. 

Me too. All he does is pose. Take pictures of himself. Of his books. Of his office. His pen. He's done nothing to back that up. Has he done any of the work? Opened any of those books? Shown any signs of being an intellectual?

5 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

"All I have is Christ" 

OMGoodness..what a BORING life.

Even Christ had more then that. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

All I have is Christ." But if my affiliate-marketing efforts work out as planned, I'll be getting much more than that....I already have this really expensive pen and ink and this leather notebook and this Brooks Brothers tie and....

Bitch, please.

And, no, he doesn't have to take a vow of poverty. But his focus seems to be in some pretty odd places, given what he professes. 

Edited 1 hour ago by Churchhoney.

So much all of this.  There have always been hypocrites.  

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, louannems said:

Isn't Jeremy still a college student studying ministry?  Why in the world would a large conference of any type, and a minister of a tiny adult day care church, allow him to be a key speaker???

My guess would be: The Duggar Connection

I don't think it's an accident that they assembled more than one popular Duggar in that audience. 

ETA: Note the above picture where people are excited to meet Bin Seewald, another would-be church leader whose IQ and credentials are, let's face it, dwarfed by not only Jer's but Der's. The marriages have allowed all three of those guys to make their careers all about the Duggar celebrity.  If they manage to get anywhere, it'll be by riding the Duggar coattails. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 23
12 minutes ago, louannems said:

Isn't Jeremy still a college student studying ministry?  Why in the world would a large conference of any type, and a minister of a tiny adult day care church, allow him to be a key speaker???

Because, Duggar.

• Love 18
6 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

“Standing room only” yet there are still seats available?

That left me scratching my head, too. Jeremy's not as bright as he thinks he is. 

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

So he’s the headship...but he’s only getting “work” because of his wife, aka the lowly woman.

How do they square that circle?

Well, his wife only matters in the equation because she had her father's name, doncha know? lol

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20190118-005417_Instagram-720x1280.thumb.jpg.d79bb84b19a5e7f26e6b1d15941a3872.jpg

Piper is one of the favorites speculated as name for Ben and Jessa' baby if the baby is a girl. (For those outside the USA, Piper is a popular girls' name here.) Since they name their kids after theologians, the thought is Piper after John Piper, and now they're hearing him speak. 

• Love 14
8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

"All I have is Christ." But if my affiliate-marketing efforts work out as planned, I'll be getting much more than that....I already have this really expensive pen and ink and this leather notebook and this Brooks Brothers tie and....

Bitch, please.

And, no, he doesn't have to take a vow of poverty. But his focus seems to be in some pretty odd places, given what he professes. 

If you give a Jeremy a Jinger.

if_you_give_a_mouse_a_cookie.jpg?w=900

• Love 11
22 hours ago, graefin said:

So Jeremy posted a bunch of live videos to his Instagram stories from the G3 conference and it seems Ben and Jessa went along also.

Screenshot_20190118-020723_Instagram.jpg

lol at this picture Jessa's face looks like shes in shock, she probably cant believe all the BS Jeremy talks. 

• Love 7