Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

As far as the pictures, I really dislike the one of Jer, but that mainly has to do with the way his mouth looks. Just way too big and flat and dry. An acre of barren lips.

The one of Felicity is pretty cute. I don't have a huge problem with the bow thing. Not my cuppa tea in particular, but it doesn't bother me either. Had to laugh regarding @Thorkim 's comment on girl babies and hair...You guys should see my granddaughter's crazy hair! She was born with a good amount, but for months all it ever wanted to do was to stick up in what I refer to as a "Woodstock" (from Peanuts) style. Then a bunch of it rubbed off in the back from sleeping on it, but the hair lower on her head, toward the nape, just kept growing, so right now (at 9 months old) she has a full-on mullet. The hair growing from the lower part of the back of her head is now reaching her shoulders - probably close to 3" long - we keep saying we should braid it into a rat-tail, but she won't keep still long enough - while everything else is about in inch or maybe just over. And it still sticks out at all angles! LOL

And I like the photo of Jinger...sure, it's a bit posed, but it feels as though this is the person she would like to become, and I think (or hope) that she will include actual reading to get there in real life.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, here's my feeling. I don't know what Jingle's doing in that picture, but I do know this. It is possible to turn on your reading/thinking brain at pretty much any point in life -- I've seen it happen with people way older than Jingle.

And you gotta start somewhere. So even if she's just looking at a book -- there's a way better chance that she'll see something that'll entice her to look at that book or other books further than there would be if she weren't looking at a book. So look at the book, Jingle. 

We have never seen J'chelle with a book; we've never heard her talk about a book; and I doubt that she's read anything more than a Gothard pamphlet in her entire adult life. Even if Jinger isn't reading that book, that photo shows that she's at least willing to give some thought to the idea that books are important. That puts her a million miles ahead of her parents.

• Love 24

I think Jchelle used to recommend the Pearl’s child abuse book.

1 minute ago, awaken said:

I don’t want to look- is that actually an ad for the teapot?!  What was it he tagged in the post- @ csm-vintage? I hope I’m wrong. They’re all-ad, all the time now!  

Particularly tacky for someone who purports to be a pastor.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, awaken said:

I don’t want to look- is that actually an ad for the teapot?!  What was it he tagged in the post- @ csm-vintage? I hope I’m wrong. They’re all-ad, all the time now!  

Scrolling through the comments, I found one from cfm vintage, thanking them for using the teapot.  So it was gifted?

2 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Hardback book. Do you think it was purchased or from the library? 

😂🤣😂😂😂🤣 I know the answer.

I think the book was gifted.  Someone in the comments made it sound that way to me.

• Love 5

Very calculated picture - Harvard sweatshirt, yellow mug, book and blanket accompanied by all the right words. And having the teapot in the living room while Jinger was drinking tea out of a huge mug was a dead give away that it was product placement.

They do have an eye for taking aesthetically pleasing photos though.

• Love 22
On 1/14/2019 at 9:37 PM, Lunera said:

While Joy is pushing expensive diet meal plans, Jinger is on IG stories advertising an organic grocery delivery site.

Screenshot_20190114-183021_Instagram-720x1280.thumb.jpg.38d3cf81fcf86925ad5c98088a3a3141.jpgScreenshot_20190114-183046_Instagram-720x1280.thumb.jpg.b70fe4cf72058735f6c626959fbc672f.jpgScreenshot_20190114-182942_Instagram-720x1161.thumb.jpg.f01f90f62b8d1b08ca422d97579c889c.jpg

These people are nothing but takers and scammers. At least this is better than Joy's marketing 

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, Darknight said:

These people are nothing but takers and scammers. At least this is better than Joy's marketing 

And at least she admits that it's marketing, unlike her husband the preacher and his book contests. (although I guess the nature of this promotion doesn't give her any choice....still....much better than doing it by stealth...)

....And we always talk about none of the Duggarlings having been educated or trained for doing actual jobs....But in fact they've been trained and educated for their whole lives to stick their personal lives up on mass media and get money for it. So she's doing exactly what she's been trained for....Hopefully they'll all realize that their kids are very unlikely to be able to sell their personal lives for money and help them find other paths. Because I don't see "Duggar celebrity" lasting many more decades.... 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 19
6 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

And at least she admits that it's marketing, unlike her husband the preacher and his book contests. (although I guess the nature of this promotion doesn't give her any choice....still....much better than doing it by stealth...)

....And we always talk about none of the Duggarlings having been educated or trained for doing actual jobs....But in fact they've been trained and educated for their whole lives to stick their personal lives up on mass media and get money for it. So she's doing exactly what she's been trained for....Hopefully they'll all realize that their kids are very unlikely to be able to sell their personal lives for money and help them find other paths. Because I don't see "Duggar celebrity" lasting many more decades.... 

They could've capitalized on their TLC fame but chose not to. They stuck with we are too godly for everyone. Heck, even the Robertsons from Duck Dynasty crashed in. John and Kate did too. The Duggars just stuck with fundies. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Very calculated picture - Harvard sweatshirt, yellow mug, book and blanket accompanied by all the right words. And having the teapot in the living room while Jinger was drinking tea out of a huge mug was a dead give away that it was product placement.

They do have an eye for taking aesthetically pleasing photos though.

I agree. I'd rather see Jingle in a chair reading with a cup of tea  than Jill reading in the bathroom while the boys were taking a bath in the tub.  

• Love 20

While I do agree that the Duggars (and Duggar Adjacents) are scammers, tagging or '@-ing' a company on Instagram doesn't necessarily mean that it was a paid for ad or that they were given that item for free. It can be done to draw more people to your photo/account, and then in turn get followers, or it can just be done to tell your followers what the item is. But it can also be done to try to get items from that company for free as you are showing them how many likes you can get/what your influence is. Social media is crazy and there aren't set rules for everything, except that if a photo is posted as an ad, it must now be stated as such. So on Instagram, the account must have "paid sponsorship with _____ " at the top under their name in the photo, and must have "#ad" before the cut off* in the photo caption. *Many users do the vertical ". . ." to hide the hashtags in their caption. But Instagram states that it has to be visible before that. 

So long story short, not everything that includes a tag is an ad nor does it mean they got it for free. It can mean that they want more stuff for free, or it can just be "this is what we use! be like us!". The Duggars are scammers, but they are using social media like I have seen other 20-somethings use it. Staged photos with companies tagged and all. 

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 14
20 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

This looks like a "Show us how you styled it" entry on PierOne.com.

Ikat print reading chair. $359.99

Buffalo plaid throw. $59.99

Textured pillow. $34.99 (Buy one/get one 1/2 price)

Wood/metal end table. $159.99 (Sale price)

Teapot. $29.99

Oversized mug. $14.99

• Love 24

#Materialistic Shilling  #Gospel  #Stealth Marketing #Glory  #Wannabe Fashionista Posing  #Grace

Come to think of it, I wonder if anybody in their circle has three daughters named Gospel, Glory and Grace?  .... Kinda works.

ETA: Somebody at least ought to write a novel starring a trio of sisters with those names.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15
32 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

It is common, and by and large while I'd feel squicky doing it myself (I'm old), it doesn't actually bother me when people do it.

I can't help but think it's inappropriate for a member of the clergy to do any of it, though. Jingle's only the clergyman's wife, so I feel that's a bit different (maybe not much, but a bit).

But it seems like at least a small ethical lapse -- and certainly tacky and in bad taste -- for an actual pastor to go around promoting/shilling goods of whatever kind (sometimes by pure stealth, too) for the purpose of getting any kind of personal kickback from doing it. 

His focus ought to be on other things.  What if his parishioners can't afford nice things at all? What if they follow him -- does he influence them to buy crap they can't afford? And should he really be sticking up posed pictures (or even having his wife stick them up) that call attention to his Brooks Brothers clothes -- in hopes that he'll get more Brooks Brothers clothes free? And should a pastor appear in or take photos-posed-to-advertise at all? Shouldn't his family photos have their focus on family and not goods? I know Jer annoys me just in general, but I'm pretty sure this would seem super-inappropriate and tacky to me even if a clergyperson I otherwise liked were the one doing it.

I agree. It's not like he needs to take a vow of poverty, but where's the humility and faith in what God provides for those who serve Him. And as a preacher, it's my opinion that he's modeling poor behavior emphasizing  luxury (for lack of a better word) rather than needs or more humble wants. ANd what about the money the parishioners contribute? They put their last five bucks in the pot and Jeremy is wearing a $80 tie?!

To share a very, very, very loose analogy, my kids' orthodontist remodeled his office and he was demonstrating this window/electronic white board/electronic mirror thingamabobby to myself and my kids. The entire time I'm thinking, well fancy that, a modern window that he'll never use and I basically paid for. And lo and behold the words that I and his other patients paid for that came flying out of my mouth before I could put the words back in. Well he squirmed a bit and then went into how he took out loans to pay for the remodel.

Anyway, yes, I think Jeremy is behaving in a tacky manner and he doesn't annoy me as much as he annoys you.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

But it seems like at least a small ethical lapse -- and certainly tacky and in bad taste -- for an actual pastor to go around promoting/shilling goods of whatever kind (sometimes by pure stealth, too) for the purpose of getting any kind of personal kickback from doing it. 

I disagree with this portion. So long as the pastor isn’t promoting things that harm people (like cigarettes) OR things that go against the doctrine of his church (like he shouldn’t promote a hookup app for casual sex), why shouldn’t he be paid for advertising? To me that’s morally no different than all the pastors that have second jobs or businesses, because the pastor salary isn’t enough to live on. If Jeremy were a craftsman, advertising the sale of his goods on Instagram I’d see nothing wrong with that either. 

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

To share a very, very, very loose analogy, my kids' orthodontist remodeled his office and he was demonstrating this window/electronic white board/electronic mirror thingamabobby to myself and my kids. The entire time I'm thinking, well fancy that, a modern window that he'll never use and I basically paid for. And lo and behold the words that I and his other patients paid for that came flying out of my mouth before I could put the words back in. Well he squirmed a bit and then went into how he took out loans to pay for the remodel.

Yes but, you and received orthodontia for your money. He didn’t take your money, NOT perform the service, spend it frivolously and then refuse you a refund (because he didn’t do his job)- so as long as he isn’t using his earnings to harm his patients why would it bother anyone how he spends his money?

I feel the same way about Jeremy- he’s not forcing anyone to buy anything. As long as he isn’t stealing from his pashioners or exploiting them (physically or financially), and not being a hypocrite (like using the money for sex workers)- it’s his earnings to spend as he sees fit. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I disagree with this portion. So long as the pastor isn’t promoting things that harm people (like cigarettes) OR things that go against the doctrine of his church (like he shouldn’t promote a hookup app for casual sex), why shouldn’t he be paid for advertising? To me that’s morally no different than all the pastors that have second jobs or businesses, because the pastor salary isn’t enough to live on. If Jeremy were a craftsman, advertising the sale of his goods on Instagram I’d see nothing wrong with that either. 

Yes but, you and received orthodontia for your money. He didn’t take your money, NOT perform the service, spend it frivolously and then refuse you a refund (because he didn’t do his job)- so as long as he isn’t using his earnings to harm his patients why would it bother anyone how he spends his money?

I feel the same way about Jeremy- he’s not forcing anyone to buy anything. As long as he isn’t stealing from his pashioners or exploiting them (physically or financially), and not being a hypocrite (like using the money for sex workers)- it’s his earnings to spend as he sees fit. 

I'm pretty sure what really set me off was the publisher ones (the journaling bible and some earlier ones he had) where it seems to me he clearly PRETENDS not to be doing this .... Strongly implying (it seems to me) that these books "contests" that he's running are actually being run by him, paid for by him, etc ... That he thought of a holy purpose for a book and wants others to participate, so he BOUGHT a bunch of books and they get to enter a contest and win a prize -- a book -- from HIM. 

Now, I'm 99-plus-percent certain that he didn't buy those books,  and he isn't running the contest, but that it's being run and paid for entirely by the publisher....I don't know whose idea the journal-about-my-baby thing was. But I'd say the odds are that even that is at least as likely to have been the publisher's idea as to have been Jer's idea. Seems very likely to me that the publisher saw a pastor with a big social media and tv following and a new baby, knew already that journaling for your kid was one of the things they hoped people'd use the books for, and gave Jer a call. That seems much more likely to me than him having the idea and calling them-- although obviously the idea part could have gone either way. 

Anyway, that leaves me viewing his first (I guess) affiliate-marketing activities as 100-percent lies. Things written in a certain way to mislead (perhaps benignly? but...still misleading...and he's a damn pastor) his innocent Christian brethren. They think he's cool on social media and now they think he's super-generous, too. 

And I see ZERO reason for him NOT to have been straight up with his readers -- and simply said that he's working with the publisher to help promote these terrific books and this terrific activity, and if you enter the contest, he'll judge it but the publisher will send you free copies.

The only reason NOT to lay it on the line like that would be that both he and  publisher think they'll get a better ROI by using the pretense that this is ALL Jeremy. So .... if I'm right, the pastor AND the Christian publisher are flat-out lying to their Christian constituents for money (in the publishers' case) (or free books, or whatever, in Jer's.) 

That's where he crossed the line for me. ..... If he'd just been tagging ties -- and everyone can SEE that he is; it's not hidden -- I have a feeling I would have thought it was kinda vain and tacky but not necessarily inappropriate. ....

But since I'm pretty sure he fudged the truth bigly to his Christian brethren with his publishing "contests," I'm now casting a suspicious eye on all his marketing adventures. ....Possibly not fair....But I do think that pastors shouldn't lie to hide their marketing.  -- and if they do, then they're gonna seem sleazy to me.

And working a second job does seem quite quite different to me as an appropriate pastoral thing than somewhat sneakily marketing luxury goods. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 18

@Churchhoney if Jeremy is lying about his sponsorships/contests etc that IS wrong (and inappropriate)- I just didn’t interpret the Instagram posts as misleading at all. But I’m a millennial who speaks English as a first language, someone from a different cultural experience may see things differently.

I of course trust your opinion, especially as someone who grew up in this type social milieu- but social media marketing is morally neutral to me (again, so long as you aren’t selling things that hurt people or being a hypocrite) and like working a second job. People may think it’s a stupid or useless job, but I don’t think it’s morally inferior. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

@Churchhoney if Jeremy is lying about his sponsorships/contests etc that IS wrong (and inappropriate)- I just didn’t interpret the Instagram posts as misleading at all. But I’m a millennial who speaks English as a first language, someone from a different cultural experience may see things differently.

I of course trust your opinion, especially as someone who grew up in this type social milieu- but social media marketing is morally neutral to me (again, so long as you aren’t selling things that hurt people or being a hypocrite) and like working a second job. People may think it’s a stupid or useless job, but I don’t think it’s morally inferior. 

Yeah, I basically agree with you about the social-media marketing stuff in general......

It really is what I take to be misleading stuff in those publisher ones that tainted his actions for me. If it'd just been openly tagging teapots and Brooks Brothers ties, I'd wonder why a pastor would spend his limited time and energy on  something that trivial and vain, but I probably wouldn't think it raised any bigger questions than that. But he raised big trust issues for me with the publisher ones. 

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Now, I'm 99-plus-percent certain that he didn't buy those books,  and he isn't running the contest, but that it's being run and paid for entirely by the publisher....I don't know whose idea the journal-about-my-baby thing was. But I'd say the odds are that even that is at least as likely to have been the publisher's idea as to have been Jer's idea. Seems very likely to me that the publisher saw a pastor with a big social media and tv following and a new baby, knew already that journaling for your kid was one of the things they hoped people'd use the books for, and gave Jer a call. That seems much more likely to me than him having the idea and calling them-- although obviously the idea part could have gone either way. 

Yeah I agree with you- I went back to look at the post, but who would think differently? That’s how these social media giveaways operate- a company sponsors a giveaway and uses the following of the “social media personality” as advertising. And you win by doing xyz (comments, tags etc). I see these all the time but I would never think that it was the Social Media Personalities “idea” nor would I think they bought the product......I think our expectations about these types of posts aren’t aligning and that’s why I don’t see it as misleading. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yeah I agree with you- I went back to look at the post, but who would think differently? That’s how these social media giveaways operate- a company sponsors a giveaway and uses the following of the “social media personality” as advertising. And you win by doing xyz (comments, tags etc). I see these all the time but I would never think that it was the Social Media Personalities “idea” nor would I think they bought the product......I think our expectations about these types of posts aren’t aligning and that’s why I don’t see it as misleading. 

I actually saw it immediately the way you did...........But then I thought about what could be some VERY innocent, unworldly, unsophisticated-about-marketing people who might follow a conservative-Christian pastor married into a family of virgins. ....

And I thought, Why wouldn't you WANT to make sure that these innocent people who admire the heck out of you know what you're doing here? Why would you write it in such a way that they could easily read it as being wow-the-celeb-I-love-and-admire-is-doing-this-because-he's-so-wonderful-and-generous? 

And my answer was -- Well, of course, if I'm the publisher, I WANT as many of his social-media followers as possible to believe that it IS Jeremy doing all this ... Because that's the kind of feeling that'll bring them to the contest in droves AND really burnish my bibles in their minds (because of the connection with this wonderful generous man) so that they'll want to buy if they don't win. ..... 

That's clearly what the seller would think, in my opinion....And .I've worked a bit in marketing, and I know that these are the emotional tools a business is likely to want to use to drive sales..... 

But if I were the PASTOR in that situation, I wouldn't want my words and image and person to be used for marketing that didn't fully tell the truth. Because I think I'd worry that there were probably some innocent sheep out there that might well go out and spend $60 they can't afford on the journaling bible because they're devoted to me as a social-media presence and because the thought of my contest and my example with the bible burnished and shone that bible in their minds......And I -- as a pastor that they admire -- wouldn't want to be the cause of their doing that.

If you were involved in a marketing campaign, and you REALLY thought that everybody who read it would understand how it was actually working, why wouldn't you simply lay the truth on the line -- since they know it anyway? The only reason not to is to make it appear to be something different to the eyes of the most naive readers -- and thus possibly get them to buy! .... That's what most marketing tends to come down to, after all! ....But that doesn't sit well with me when it comes from a pastor (or a Christian publisher, actually.) 

ETA: For the record,  I don't conclude from this that Jer is some terrible person. I conclude that he's just what he looks like -- a fairly self-centered, somewhat greedy, semi-dumb-ass, who wouldn't actually think of any nuances in a situation like this because he's largely lazy-minded...........In other words, not a terrible person or a great person, and just exactly the kind of guy who's likely to marry into the Duggar family.    Religiously, he's clearly a pure parrot, just like the Duggs and the other Duggar adjacents are. All you have to do is try to listen to one of his vague, garbled sermons to see that....So when a publisher who shares his theology asked him to write X, he wrote X. Didn't give it a second thought because I doubt that he gives a second thought to anything that comes from inside his own bubble. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree. It's not like he needs to take a vow of poverty, but where's the humility and faith in what God provides for those who serve Him. And as a preacher, it's my opinion that he's modeling poor behavior emphasizing  luxury (for lack of a better word) rather than needs or more humble wants. ANd what about the money the parishioners contribute? They put their last five bucks in the pot and Jeremy is wearing a $80 tie?!

Anyway, yes, I think Jeremy is behaving in a tacky manner and he doesn't annoy me as much as he annoys you.

Figured out how to take my response to Small Talk. Witness me!

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

What is their income?  Does Jeremy have hockey money?  Does his 10 person congregation support his family?  Are they living off Dugger tv appearances?

Things I ponder!

Did you see Jeremy's pre-TLC apartment building? It looked like Section 8 housing from the 1970s. 

I don't think he makes jack squat at the church. They're living off TV money. Probably not the wisest decision either, considering the gravy train will (at some point) end.

• Love 21

Wait, is Jer still pastor of that Looks-like-a-former-crackhouse Church? The modest old converted house? He's too damn pretentious for his station in life. No wonder he wanted a girl like Jing, everyone else can see right through him.

17 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

She travels all over, she has stylish clothes and apparently stylish and hip furniture and accessories. She gets to take photos, she has a piano, she socializes with people other than her siblings..... Yes, she is stuck in a fundie marriage but if I had to be, I'd rather be where she is at than Jill or God forbid Anna. 

I agree with your statement, but she traded in a crappy, used, bought-at-a-thrift-store cage for a gilded one. Long term, I doubt Jer is gonna be the best partner. Shes an adult and could've done all of this herself.

No one wants to be Jill or Anna...

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 20
9 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

What is their income?  Does Jeremy have hockey money?  Does his 10 person congregation support his family?  Are they living off Dugger tv appearances?

Things I ponder!

Well he played soccer, so if he has hockey money that would really be a surprise! ;)

From what I've read, it's not like you make big bank as a goalie for a pro soccer team, but I'm guessing that Jeremy and Jinger negotiated a way better TLC deal than the others. If nothing else, Jeremy had contacts in contract law and agents he could consult with before he signed anything. Yes, they live pretty nicely for a young family, but it could be that they pay living expenses with his church salary and all the "fun stuff" is covered by TLC money. Plus they live in Texas in a low cost of living area. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Wait, is Jer still pastor of that Looks-like-a-former-crackhouse Church? The modest old converted house? He's too damn pretentious for his station in life. No wonder he wanted a girl like Jing, everyone else can see right through him.

The church has moved out of the house into a commercial building, actually. Looks more upscale and bigger now, although it's hard to know whether it is or whether the move was mainly an attempt to grow it. I assume that the pregnancy center moved with it, but I didn't look that up so I don't know if it did ...........The new place is in a little business-and-retail area and has a normal parking lot, which I'd think would catch more people's attention because they'd be going there to the dentist or something. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Normades said:

On the issue of Jeremy being a pastor and pimping out products, I see it as the wrong thing to do.  Pastors hold sway over people, right or wrong.  If a pastor or his wife are selling or schilling things it could make some people go out and spend money they cannot afford just to curry favor or emulate the pastor.  That's my problem with it and none of the Duggars who want to call themselves pastors should do it in my opinion.  To me, it's taking advantage of a position of authority. 

I don’t see what they are doing as wrong.  They are not extorting anyone to buy it. It’s not as if they are beggiong  for donations to the Crystal Cathedral, the Saddleback complex, the Jim amd Tammy Faye ministries, the Joel Osteen make-up fund .... under the guise of using that money to feed the poor.  They are advertising a product. 

Unless they are somehow implying you need to buy this for your immortal soul. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I don’t see what they are doing as wrong.  They are not extorting anyone to buy it. It’s not as if they are beggiong  for donations to the Crystal Cathedral, the Saddleback complex, the Jim amd Tammy Faye ministries, the Joel Osteen make-up fund .... under the guise of using that money to feed the poor.  They are advertising a product. 

Unless they are somehow implying you need to buy this for your immortal soul. 

But they are like Jim and Tammy Faye.  Do you think those people would have purchased timeshares from Joe Blow down the street?  No.  They purchased because they wanted to be like their favorite preacher and his wife because “those people are definitely going to heaven and gosh darn it, I want to go with them!!”  They preach that they hold the keys to the kingdom, so of course sheeple will want to follow and please them.  They have fame and that’s how they use it.  True religious leaders don’t care about Brooks Brothers and fancy trips, they care about souls and the good of humanity.  If these people have money, good for them, but they shouldn’t use their sway to get people to waste money.  To me, that is wrong.  If Jeremy wants to actually work and flip houses like Austin does, then I won’t give him side eye for selling crap, but until then he’s abusing his power.  Look, I’m not even religious, but I think they need be held to a higher standard and treat soul saving as something special and holy and not just a way to part people from their money.  To me, they are acting like Jim and Tammy only on a smaller, less entertaining scale.  At least I liked to watch Tammy for the camp!!

JMO

• Love 23