Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

The way things are going JD and Abbie may become the next "it" couple.

Until they announce their first blessing 6 weeks after the wedding.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

I'm guessing after Smugger got busted using the Ashley Madison site to have an affair, Ashley, Madison and anything close to those 2 names are off the table.  Although it would be funny and a dig at Smugger every time his niece's name was mentioned.  I'm also guessing they would stay away from J names just because so many of them are already used by the Duggars.  

It might be nice to have a spice name for a little girl like Jinger does but I can see them ruling so many out.  Sage? No honey, that's used in Pagan and Native American rituals we can't have a heathen name for our daughter.

Rosemary?  Nice, but there was a movie called Rosemary's baby where the devil was the father.  We don't want that associated with our little angel.

Juniper?  Hmm, nice, but it does start with a J and juniper berries are used to make gin.

Yarrow?  Hmm, haven't heard that one.  Oh look it's a herb used in healing.  Could be nice, oh wait, it's also known as the devil's nettle, so that's out.

Nutmeg?  ?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

I'm guessing after Smugger got busted using the Ashley Madison site to have an affair, Ashley, Madison and anything close to those 2 names are off the table.  Although it would be funny and a dig at Smugger every time his niece's name was mentioned.  I'm also guessing they would stay away from J names just because so many of them are already used by the Duggars.  

It might be nice to have a spice name for a little girl like Jinger does but I can see them ruling so many out.  Sage? No honey, that's used in Pagan and Native American rituals we can't have a heathen name for our daughter.

Rosemary?  Nice, but there was a movie called Rosemary's baby where the devil was the father.  We don't want that associated with our little angel.

Juniper?  Hmm, nice, but it does start with a J and juniper berries are used to make gin.

Yarrow?  Hmm, haven't heard that one.  Oh look it's a herb used in healing.  Could be nice, oh wait, it's also known as the devil's nettle, so that's out.

Or Scary, Sporty, Baby or Posh?

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

31 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Saffron?

Saffy darling...?

Please let them name her Julia or Julie or Juliette or Giulia. I want to watch Jim Bob’s head explode. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Saffy darling...?

Please let them name her Julia or Julie or Juliette or Giulia. I want to watch Jim Bob’s head explode. 

Juliana Grace would be pretty. 

As for a biblical name, I’d go with Marissa Magdalena. 

Edited by Stacey1014
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I used to work with a girl named Cinnamon, so anything's possible.

The art teacher at my twin's HS named her daughter Cinnamon. I thought it was an interesting name then I found out her husband was a baker and he came up with the name.

I'm still going with a semi-Italian name, Ava Maria. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

Juliana Grace would be pretty. 

As for a biblical name, I’d go with Marissa Magdalena. 

I like it!

Spell it with a Guliana since we don't have a J in the Italian alphabet and we can watch Boob try to figure out how the hell to pronounce it. Bwahahaaaa

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Jeeves said:

What's with the belly cradling? Does she think that if she doesn't accentuate her bump we won't notice she's expecting? 

A friend of mine had a baby 3 months ago and toward the end of her pregnancy was always doing that when she stood. I asked her about it and she said whenever she had her hand under her belly, it felt like it was taking some pressure off her back.

 

I’m guessing Alexandra for the name. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Or Scary, Sporty, Baby or Posh?

I have only had 2 cups of coffee today.  Sadly it took me waaaayyy too long to figure out the name of the 5th spice girl - Ginger!  Head*desk*thunk.

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I used to work with a girl named Cinnamon, so anything's possible.

I can't hear the name Cinnamon without seeing a season 3? episode of The Royals where Cyrus Knights a hooker named Cinnamon.  Well that and the Big Bang Theory.

Also yes to whomever said get that poor girl a slip with the blue dress and I agree Jeremy looks waay too smug.  I hope that both Josiah and JD take his spot for most together dude with a happy marriage.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

The art teacher at my twin's HS named her daughter Cinnamon. I thought it was an interesting name then I found out her husband was a baker and he came up with the name.

I'm still going with a semi-Italian name, Ava Maria. 

A friend of mine knows someone married to a chef who named a daughter Chantarelle. Like the mushroom.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

The speech path teacher at my twin's grammar school her name was Burgundy. I kind you NOT. I felt bad for her because I can't imagine going through life with that name. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I went to high school with a set of female twins - Brandy and Sherry.  It wasn't until years later I realized it must have been a difficult labor and their mom was like I want booze!

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

27 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

I went to high school with a set of female twins - Brandy and Sherry.  It wasn't until years later I realized it must have been a difficult labor and their mom was like I want booze!

I think i’ve posted this before but my friend is a teacher and one year she had sisters named Shampayne and Shardonnae. She said the funniest part was that their mom was a straitlaced churchgoing woman who complained once in a parent-teacher conference that my friend had mentioned wine in a lesson (I can’t remember how, but it was relevant to the lesson) because alcohol was “the Devil’s juice.” 

I am predicting a trendily classic name, like Charlotte or Ava or Hazel. I do think Diana will be the middle name. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I like the name.  Not something I would pick, but it is a real name and spelled correctly, so it works. Jinger looks tired. Poor thing had to get all dolled up for a photo shoot, so Jeremy can show off his perfet family. 

Edited by HooHooHoo · Reason: Because shoe and show are not the same.
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

God is so kind. Jinger gave birth to Felicity Nicole Vuolo this morning at 4:37 a.m.,” Vuolo tells Us. “Felicity weighs 8 lbs and 3 oz, and is 19.5 inches long. Both mom and baby are healthy, doing great, and resting well

Since there was great anticipation about the baby’s size, is this considered small for a Duggar baby?

Share this post


Link to post

I like the name, too.  It's pretty, easy to spell, unusual without being weird, and will work well for her as a child and adult.

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post

Felicity Nicole is a cute name and that picture of the three of them looks like it was taken in a hospital. Good for you, Jinger.

Hopefully Dr. Jill Medicine Woman was nowhere near her. Kendra and Jinger did what was best for them and the babies. Lauren and Abbie, you're up next!

Edited by LexieLily
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

There is nothing extreme about the name which is good, but its not my style

Not that extreme is bad, unless it’s Spurgeon 

Edited by Totally
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Saffron?

I'm just mad about Saffron. ;)

Edited by Normades · Reason: I'm mad about it not wild about it.
  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post

Love the name.  Felicity is old-school and there won’t be any in her class.  I haven’t heard that one in my mommy circles at all.

That is a weird first pic though.  Jeremy looks constipated still.  I wonder if his two front teeth are falsies (common in soccer players) and they’re giving in trouble.  He’s had an odd look the last few weeks around the mouth.  Jinger looks cute but tired.  You can barely see the baby because of the light balance.  Not what I would expect from the Vuolos.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

It’s clear that Jinger didn’t come of age watching TV in the 90s, or she'd never name her kid after that Keri Russell show, or go around with that DJ Tanner hair. 

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

I like the name for them. It’s unique and a little different without being at all shocking, imo. Yay for a healthy mom and baby. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Well, I didn't guess the name. It doesn't sound particularly religious.  Felicity is a great name (a favorite of mine). It's 347 in popularity so maybe more popular than people think. I don't know any little Felicitys, but it's nice. It will probably be even more popular in the coming years. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Nice name.  Happy for Jinger and Jeremy.  

I wonder if Jill and Jessa will send good wishes.  I'm sure they still haven't gotten over the fact that Jinger has a girl on her first try and they both have two boys.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

JD and Abbie can announce their engagement now.

I like the name.  Plus, the picture looks like a hospital room (complete with bland artwork), so good for Jinger!  Jill and her medical stuff stayed home!

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

I like the name! And Nicole is an interesting choice for a middle name... it’s Jinger’s middle name, so I wonder if it is after a family member? 

I agree that is either a hospital or a birth center. Since she’s up and dressed already i’m going to guess it was an uncomplicated vaginal birth, as well. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I loved the name Felicity and had it on my list for my first born. Nicole is my middle name so I'm partial to that. I think they did good and I'm glad that it appears Jinger is either in a hospital or birthing center. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

25 minutes ago, saylubee said:

Love the name.  Felicity is old-school and there won’t be any in her class.  I haven’t heard that one in my mommy circles at all.

 

Sadly, she probably won't ever be in a class.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Congrats to Jeremy and Jinger! Baby Vuolo is beautiful! I absolutely love the name Felicity and it flows nicely with Nicole.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

That doesn't look like a hospital. Please prove me wrong. 

Baby has a bracelet and we can't see both of Jeremy or Jinger's arms. If it's not a hospital, it's likely a birthing center. Jinger was pretty vocal about wanting drugs, so I'm not surprised she went somewhere where she could get some. 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

Oh and regardless of how they got her name, I hope they get her the American Girl Doll and book set. It's good historical fiction for an older child/tween. 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Definitely looks like a hospital photo.  Jill, Jessa, Joy and Anna should feel like the complete fools they are for doing it the hard way.  

Anna had pretty easy births didn't she? Though I think hers were the most...um, immodest, she didn't have any dire situations that I remember? Jill, Jessa and Joy on the other hand... 

If we thought Kendra had some shade thrown at her; Jinger may need some stronger sunglasses. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Definitely looks like a hospital photo.  Jill, Jessa, Joy and Anna should feel like the complete fools they are for doing it the hard way.  

Anna was fine, albeit uncomfortable, for the most part.  It’s those Duggar bodies that can’t handle home births. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Baby has a bracelet and we can't see both of Jeremy or Jinger's arms. If it's not a hospital, it's likely a birthing center. Jinger was pretty vocal about wanting drugs, so I'm not surprised she went somewhere where she could get some. 

Good to know. I didn't see a bracelet on the baby or on Jinger, so I was concerned. She's a good, healthy weight without being a giant like her cousins, and it appears that Jinger gave birth without drama or complications. 

I think that this is the only family that we've seen so far where she has any chance of being loved as a person and not as a notch on a belt. I wish them all the best.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Anna had one of the kids on the toilet.  Either Marcus or Meredith I think.

While that sounds totally unsanitary, the position we go to on the toilet isn't a horrible one for giving birth. 

2 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

Good to know. I didn't see a bracelet on the baby or on Jinger, so I was concerned. She's a good, healthy weight without being a giant like her cousins, and it appears that Jinger gave birth without drama or complications. 

I think that this is the only family that we've seen so far where she has any chance of being loved as a person and not as a notch on a belt. I wish them all the best.

I think Garrett has a decent chance too. 

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Do not forget, that you are free to "Reply" to the post you are referring and state "Taking my reply to small talk." Please take off topic posts to the Small Talk thread. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size