Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
5 hours ago, zenme said:

Starting to learn a lot about Jeremy from the pictures he takes. He seems to like pics of Jinger when she looking inquisitive, vulnerable, dumb. I used to think of all the women he's been around, he didn't choose a worldly and educated one. There's a reason.  He chose the homeschooled and homely (imho) virgin.  He likes to be the smart one and it's easier to control someone like Jinger. She doesn't know any better.  He chose carefully. 

I think Jinger is a pretty girl but definetly the least attractive of the sisters. I do not think Jeremy is amazing looking but he is the best looking out of the Duggar husbands. I agree 100%. He probably met Ben saw an oppurtunity for fame and saw which sisters were “available”. He then chose Jinger because of her meekness not her looks. She was the easiest to control. 

He got himself a virgin wife without reproach and the fame his has always wanted.

Edited by rainclouds
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Mary Michelle

Remy Jimbob 

Neveah Grace

Viola Vuolo?  just jokin.

When Joe was about to get married, a poster commented they better have good locks or they’d be waking up to Josie standing at the foot of the bed.  Does the thought of this creep anyone out as much as me?  I have a thing about being watched while I sleep and this gives me shivers!

• Love 7
12 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I wonder how long after the baby comes along before Jeremy starts having the three of them posing as the perfect All-American Christian family because he needs to put out a good image for himself.

About as long as it will take to clean her off from the birth.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, zenme said:

Starting to learn a lot about Jeremy from the pictures he takes. He seems to like pics of Jinger when she looking inquisitive, vulnerable, dumb. I used to think of all the women he's been around, he didn't choose a worldly and educated one. There's a reason.  He chose the homeschooled and homely (imho) virgin.  He likes to be the smart one and it's easier to control someone like Jinger. She doesn't know any better.  He chose carefully. 

Other than homely, I agree with your post.  I think she's pretty, especially without that raccoon eyeliner.

Yes, Jer went after and got what he wanted, a subservient wife.  He's too full of himself to want a smarter woman who had had a normal upbringing, dated, and (gasp!) had any sexual history, not even a kiss, if that is in fact true.  She has been brought up to be exactly what he decided would be good for him and his ego.

• Love 8
(edited)
9 hours ago, rainclouds said:

I think Jinger is a pretty girl but definetly the least attractive of the sisters.

Wow. I think she easily has the most classically beautiful features of any of them, and now that she has learned how to properly apply makeup she really stands out in that crowd. She (along with Jana, I'd say) also has the best fashion sense in terms of what is actually flattering. Frankly, most of the others are a mess when it comes to makeup and dressing themselves. (So am I, but then again I don't have their budget or the same amount of time on their hands ?)

Edited by graefin
  • Love 17
10 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Mary Michelle

Remy Jimbob 

Neveah Grace

Remy seems to be a popular name right now so I could see them choosing it. 

1 hour ago, rainclouds said:

I think Jinger is a pretty girl but definetly the least attractive of the sisters. I do not think Jeremy is amazing looking but he is the best looking out of the Duggar husbands.

In my humble opinion, the only older Duggar girl prettier than Jinger is Jana.  I think Jennifer is the prettiest of them all.  Period.  That you find gummy Jill and short-waisted, dumpy Joy prettier than Jinger, is rather interesting.  But then again, "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder."

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

In my humble opinion, the only older Duggar girl prettier than Jinger is Jana.  I think Jennifer is the prettiest of them all.  Period.  That you find gummy Jill and short-waisted, dumpy Joy prettier than Jinger, is rather interesting.  But then again, "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder."

I like Joy’s heart-shaped face and pronounced little chin the best, but I’m well aware I’m an outlier on this part. :). Jana is little too even-featured for me, but as a chick whose lips disappear and have always been irritated by it, Jessa’s face bugs me.  Someone mentioned at some point her resemblance to Anthony Stewart-Head’s daughter, and once I saw it so strong was my disliking for the Duggars, that I couldn’t watch one scene of her scripted TV show (I think she’s named Daisy, and if that’s not it she’s the sister Emily).

• Love 3
1 hour ago, EVS said:

Remy seems to be a popular name right now so I could see them choosing it. 

It's my grandaughter's name (born in late March). My daughter really agonized over finding a name which was not going to end up being tooo popular (she really liked Olivia the best, but it became Remy's middle name because there were just too many Olivias around). I'll be perturbed if they choose that! LOL

I hope by meeting they are referring to seeing the child for the first time weeks after her birth. Keep your unhelpful asses in Arkansas. Keep your stink bus and germ  laden family home. 

• Love 14

It's interesting because Kelly Bates is constantly shipping off groups of her younger children to visit Michael and Alyssa, but we haven't seen that with Michelle and JinJer. I wonder if Jeremy really laid down the law with regards to houseguests or whether they just dodge her phone calls.

• Love 10

Thankfully Jing has no need to slap on a "modesty panel" to that cute summer dress.  You know that's the first thing Jill would have Jana do!

2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

It's interesting because Kelly Bates is constantly shipping off groups of her younger children to visit Michael and Alyssa, but we haven't seen that with Michelle and JinJer. I wonder if Jeremy really laid down the law with regards to houseguests or whether they just dodge her phone calls.

Either way is a win!

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Or maybe Michelle just can't be bothered to GAF. It's not about her, after all.

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, SMama said:

I hope by meeting they are referring to seeing the child for the first time weeks after her birth. Keep your unhelpful asses in Arkansas. Keep your stink bus and germ  laden family home. 

Or maybe the Vuolos are planning to be at the TTH for a home birth. Easier for TLC to film it than having to send a crew to Laredo. And there’s Midwife [sort of] Jill and her medical things, just a phone call away. Have Jinger or Jeremy said they plan for the delivery to be in Texas?

(edited)
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I suppose the difference is that Michelle has Jana, so no need to ship them off.

The thing I find interesting about the Duggar girls is that while they resemble one another, they all have markedly different looks (unlike the Duggar boys, who - once they hit 18 or so - all start to look alike).  Jill may not be considered the prettiest Duggar girl, but I think that's largely due to her bland personality.  If she were, say, the captain of the varsity basketball team, or was a member of the college debate club, she would have had some sparkle to her and I think she'd be very cute.  Jessa somehow managed to not have her personality beaten out of her, so she's a looker by most standards - she kind of maintained that devilish sparkle.  Joy, on the other hand, comes across as sloppy and dull-witted.  If she'd been allowed to be her own person - maybe she'd have played lacrosse or violin  - I think she too would be really pretty.  Jana is beautiful but also comes across as either dull or painfully shy.  Jinger would've been a cheerleader, in my scenario, and would've been on the homecoming court.  Personality plays a huge part in whether or not someone is attractive, and sadly, all of these very pretty girls have had most of their personalities removed by their horrible, disgusting parents.

Oh, and Emily Marie for the JinJer baby.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 17
16 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I don't disagree that he had cause, but it was (IMO) classic passive-aggressive behavior. They barely knew each other when they got married. I think that Derick was overwhelmed by Jill's clingy behavior (among other issues), and I think that Jill was deeply disappointed that Derick didn't treat her with the same sappy adoration that JB pours all over J'chelle (among other issues). I don't think he wanted to act like an ass in class, I think he was teasing Jill. Jill didn't like the teasing, and they had no ability to have a conversation about their different expectations.

I know this is the Jinger and Jeremy thread, and my point is that I think that Jinger and Jeremy are better suited to each other than Jill and Derick. Jeremy makes enough of the gallant gestures that Jinger would recognize from her own family for her to feel loved and secure in her relationship. Derick doesn't do that and he is unable or unwilling to see that Jill needs that (Jill, for her part, is -- IMO -- completely uninterested in what Derick really feels are wants, too).

I think the only reason Jinger and Jeremy seem better suited is because--at least in public--Jinger has made it a point to mold herself to what Jeremy wants. Maybe she actually has opinions and expresses them now that they've been married for a while, but from every single interaction they've had in front of cameras, there's nothing for Jeremy to suit himself to. Jinger became a giant blank slate the day she met Jeremy. It's really easy to have a harmonious relationship when only one partner's desires matter. And I'm not even saying that Jeremy is an asshole with this. I mean, he likely is--he's a man mostly reared in the secular world who chose to be more fundie with age and marry a sheltered, brainless virgin, after all--but it's also likely he's perfectly lovely to Jinger.  It's just...anyone watch The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel? How Midge was with her husband in the beginning is, in some ways, how I picture Jinger with Jeremy. Everything perfect for her man to keep him happy, no expectation that he do anything but provide and not be a jerk.

2 hours ago, IntoTheMystic said:

I gotta disagree there. Poor Jilly Muffin and her gums for days every time she smiles . . . she is the epitome of homely for me. 

Jill is definitely homely, but until recently I found Jinger's face actively off-putting. Jill is plain; Jinger, I actually pitied because of how unattractive she was. I've always felt that the whole "free jinger!" thing that started on TwoP never would have happened if she were classically pretty. That constant eye-rolling on a pretty face? People would hate her more than Jessa.

• Love 9
20 hours ago, Happyfatchick said:

Is Jinger that close to her mother that she would be compelled to name a child after her?

Notice that Anna and Josh didn't honor Michelle by using her name, even though it would have fit their "M" theme.

• Love 5
(edited)
3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

The dress Jinger has on looks like tablecloth or curtain material. I like the highlights in her hair, but I still think she needs to take off a few more inches.

I think it looks like a hospital gown or her pajamas

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 17
59 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think Jeremy not only laid down the law, but enforces it when they come around.  The Duggars are like a swarm of locusts, sucking th life out of the room and destroying everything they touch.  Jeremy is  probably one of those folks that’s real particular about his house and let’s it be known that touching/licking/ruining everything won’t be tolerated.  If he makes the rules strict enough, I could see them not wanting to come around since they can’t run it like the TTH.

8 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

I think it looks like a hospital gown or her pajamas

This’ll make me sound like an old coot, but sh needs a slip.  I’m defrauded by her VPL on the side.

• Love 9

Gotta ask, what is VPL? 

When I wore a sort of clingy dress in the 70's, some older woman told me that it looked obvious that I wasn't wearing a slip.  I still don't know how she could really tell.  I had a nice young body (then! ha) and must have been a major defrauder, even though that wasn't my intention at all.  I did have a bra and panties on.

2 hours ago, Adeejay said:

It certainly is and we can agree to disagree.  Jill has awful fashion sense but has big blue eyes, she is tall and thin. Her gummy smile is not a big deal if she’d only learn to smile in a proper way. Joy is stacked,  short and “sloppy”  but her face is beautiful. 

4526873E-7F73-4809-B7D3-D14B481D67DA.jpeg

13CB6B5E-A128-4C77-898C-6FC242A5EF0D.png

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, zenme said:

I don't think anyone's saying Jinger is Quasimodo, but yes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

I read this an hour ago and am still laughing over Quasimodo!  

Wow- what a difference it made in her looks to stop with the perms, fake tanner, and black eyeliner!  I always thought Jinger was pretty, and more unusual looking for a Duggar, but compared to that picture, she's been transformed!  

Joy looks nice in still photos, but when you see and hear her speak, that ruins it.  She sounds as if her tongue is too big for her mouth.

Edited by awaken
  • Love 14
32 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Gotta ask, what is VPL? 

When I wore a sort of clingy dress in the 70's, some older woman told me that it looked obvious that I wasn't wearing a slip.  I still don't know how she could really tell.  I had a nice young body (then! ha) and must have been a major defrauder, even though that wasn't my intention at all.  I did have a bra and panties on.

VPL = Visible Panty Line

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

Notice that Anna and Josh didn't honor Michelle by using her name, even though it would have fit their "M" theme.

I thought Michael James was in honor of both Michelle & Jim Bob.

I don't think Jeremy thinks highly enough of his in-laws to use Michelle or James as a name. 

I'm going to guess Ella Nicole as a popular trendy guess, Grace Elisabeth as a Biblical guess, and Genesis Faith as an "I'm holier than you" guess.

• Love 6

Whatever the name is, it's going to have some b.s. story to go with the choice. Like, "We chose the name Sofia because she is going to be wise beyond measure." Or "Her name is going to be Bella because my great great great great grandmother was named Bella Vuolo." Even though they know nothing about Bella. For all they know she could've run a bordello out of her basement. Rather than saying "We just like the name. We thought it was cute!," I'm sure jermey  will have some deeper meaning bullshit for the name. 

• Love 15

Grace Elisabeth is what Elisabeth Hasselbeck formerly of The View named her daughter.  I don't know what to guess for a name. Granddaughter is Olivia Zoe.  She is 15.  She has always been in class with at least one Olivia, sometimes more.  

(edited)
48 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

VPL = Visible Panty Line

Thank you!  Ooh, I was a sexpot without even realizing it.  Father Time has a way of taking that away.  I mean, I don't look bad for over 60, but my defrauding days are probably over, except for the geriatric crowd.  

(paraphrasing) "Memories are time that you borrow, to spend when you get to tomorrow." (Paul Anka)

Edited by xwordfanatik
a bit of tweaking
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, rainclouds said:

He probably met Ben saw an oppurtunity for fame and saw which sisters were “available”. He then chose Jinger because of her meekness not her looks.

I always figured he chose a Jinger because she's Jessa's bestie and she pushed Jeremy towards her instead of her pretty older sister Jana. I found it strange that a mature 28 year old would find a girl with the maturity and looks of a 14 year old attractive. Jinger has matured a lot because of Jeremy, I couldn't imagine her married to anyone else, now. I don't think she would have been his fist pick, though.

This is a picture from when they fist met.Screenshot_20180710-143431.thumb.jpg.3561e8335f358d2862b91cc2bb184d39.jpg

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Grace Elisabeth is what Elisabeth Hasselbeck formerly of The View named her daughter.  I don't know what to guess for a name. Granddaughter is Olivia Zoe.  She is 15.  She has always been in class with at least one Olivia, sometimes more.  

Olivia is a pretty name, but for me, it conjures up Olivia Walton (OWK as Livvy.)

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I always figured he chose a Jinger because she's Jessa's bestie and she pushed Jeremy towards her instead of her pretty older sister Jana. I found it strange that a mature 28 year old would find a girl with the maturity and looks of a 14 year old attractive. Jinger has matured a lot because of Jeremy, I couldn't imagine her married to anyone else, now. I don't think she would have been his fist pick, though.

This is a picture from when they fist met.Screenshot_20180710-143431.thumb.jpg.3561e8335f358d2862b91cc2bb184d39.jpg

Jinger and Jeremy had already met by this point. Remember that he was in the grocery store with Ben sourcing ingredients for baby food leading up to Spurge's baby shower in October. It was this SOS missioncation in December that solidified Jeremy's mind. He asked Boob if he could "Get to know" Jinger after they returned to the States.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, zenme said:

I think he and Jana would have been a good match, and you're right. I don't think Jessa would've steered Jana to Jeremy given their past.

I feel like he and jana would have been a great match! She is one of the smarter, or at least more thoughtful duggars, and would have probably had more to say once she got past being shy. She also would have been PERFECT for his "ideal Christian family" image. He would constantly post pics of her sewing and making bread, I imagine. 

I agree that Joy naturally has a prettier face than Jinger, based on images only, not personality, body type, or anything else. What difference learning to work with her face and hair have made for Jinger! I can definitely relate. I was never one of the "pretty" girls in high school, because I didn't know much about hair, makeup, and fashion at that point. Ironically, I competed in beauty pageants and did well, but someone else was doing the hair and makeup (and I have always been good at choosing glamorous clothes...it just took me longer to find an everyday style that worked for me, being really busty and tall. A dramatic evening gown on that figure looks stunning. Most casual wear looks like tents!). I also honestly thought my hair looked good when it didn't because I badly needed contacts and didn't realize it! When I went to college and started learning more about what worked for me, things changed in a huge way. I probably had a similar transformation to Jinger!

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I feel like he and jana would have been a great match! She is one of the smarter, or at least more thoughtful duggars, and would have probably had more to say once she got past being shy. She also would have been PERFECT for his "ideal Christian family" image. He would constantly post pics of her sewing and making bread, I imagine. 

I agree that Joy naturally has a prettier face than Jinger, based on images only, not personality, body type, or anything else. What difference learning to work with her face and hair have made for Jinger! I can definitely relate. I was never one of the "pretty" girls in high school, because I didn't know much about hair, makeup, and fashion at that point. Ironically, I competed in beauty pageants and did well, but someone else was doing the hair and makeup (and I have always been good at choosing glamorous clothes...it just took me longer to find an everyday style that worked for me, being really busty and tall. A dramatic evening gown on that figure looks stunning. Most casual wear looks like tents!). I also honestly thought my hair looked good when it didn't because I badly needed contacts and didn't realize it! When I went to college and started learning more about what worked for me, things changed in a huge way. I probably had a similar transformation to Jinger!

I’m sure you were always lovely. 

I think all of the Duggar girls are perfectly fine looking young ladies. I’m not going to judge their general attractiveness on the bad styling of their teen years (most of us have been there!) I do think styling can do a LOT to alter a woman’s appearance (hair, makeup, clothing etc). For all the talk of Joy being “short and stacked” she’s actually just petite with a large chest- she’d look a million times better with proper clothes and a great bra. Jinger was always pretty but she is styled a lot better these days, probably just going through phases many young ladies go through as they grow up, the Duggar girls are just behind the times a bit. Jill is the plainest (to ME) but she’s not bad looking. If she were free to embrace her bohemian style I think she could rock the Earth mother thing well. 

I think that Jeremy went for Jinger 1. At Jessa’s suggestion and 2. He actually liked JINGER best once he got to talk to her a bit. I think Jana isn’t interested in getting married right and while Jinger wanted OUT of there (especially with Jessa married). 

• Love 12
36 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I’m sure you were always lovely. 

I think all of the Duggar girls are perfectly fine looking young ladies. I’m not going to judge their general attractiveness on the bad styling of their teen years (most of us have been there!) I do think styling can do a LOT to alter a woman’s appearance (hair, makeup, clothing etc). For all the talk of Joy being “short and stacked” she’s actually just petite with a large chest- she’d look a million times better with proper clothes and a great bra. Jinger was always pretty but she is styled a lot better these days, probably just going through phases many young ladies go through as they grow up, the Duggar girls are just behind the times a bit. Jill is the plainest (to ME) but she’s not bad looking. If she were free to embrace her bohemian style I think she could rock the Earth mother thing well. 

I think that Jeremy went for Jinger 1. At Jessa’s suggestion and 2. He actually liked JINGER best once he got to talk to her a bit. I think Jana isn’t interested in getting married right and while Jinger wanted OUT of there (especially with Jessa married). 

This!!! I agree with a lot of you that if Jill had been free to embrace something, anything that she loved, her demeanor would improve (I think she is very pretty, although aging badly because her life right now is not making her happy). I really think if she had been allowed to study nursing, and had the education to do so, we might be seeing a whole different Jill. Part of the reason Jinger looks so beautiful right now is because she's super happy, in addition to finding her style. And I agree that joy would really benefit from a good bra. As a busty girl myself, believe me, that makes soooooo much difference! It can literally make you look ten pounds lighter to wear a good bra. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

Jeremy isn't Jana's type at all, and Jana is too self sufficient and poised to appeal to Jeremy, who needs to be openly worshiped on a daily basis or else he'll start to twitch. I think as far as his grand ambitions to be a big-time pastor, choosing Jinger makes zero sense. But on a personal level? Jessa knew what she was doing when she introduced those two. 

• Love 12
(edited)
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

The dress Jinger has on looks like tablecloth or curtain material. I like the highlights in her hair, but I still think she needs to take off a few more inches.

My first thought was that it looks like a hospital gown. [Edited to add] Oops, somebody already said that upthread, sorry.

I hope Jinger and Jeremy give their daughter a classic old-fashioned girl's name such as Elizabeth, Sarah, Katharine, Eleanor, Alice, Emma or Margaret. And please, no "kre8tiv" spellings!

Edited by Bayarea4
I repeated what someone else already said.
  • Love 3