Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Is Giada too exotic for Jinger? I think so, unless Jeremy likes it, in which case she loves, loves, loves it.  

I'm betting whatever the name is, it's some form of an Italian name, and they'll say it's a name of one of Jeremy's long dead relations.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, zenme said:

Is Giada too exotic for Jinger? I think so, unless Jeremy likes it, in which case she loves, loves, loves it.  

I'm betting whatever the name is, it's some form of an Italian name, and they'll say it's a name of one of Jeremy's long dead relations.

If they plan to stick with J names, they could substitute a J for any of the Italian names starting with G. Or take a cue from Giada DeLaurentiis, whose name means jade and named her daughter Jade, by naming the baby Zenzero. Maybe Zenzera to make it feminine? (Zenzero is Italian for ginger according to Google translate.)

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I think they'll completely stay away from J names. I don't think they'll go exotic, either.

I putting my bet on Charlotte Marie.

I like that name. Is it based on their female family names? 

• Love 1
(edited)

I remember Jessa and Jinger both looking like they wanted to strangle some sense into Anna when she announced her M theme, so I think Jinger will do anything she can to avoid a J name.

While Vuolo is an Italian surname, I don’t think anyone in Jeremy’s family has an Italian name. I think the producers certainly play the Italian angle up.  They may go with something on trend like Chloe, Claire, or Ava, or something “smart” from one of Jeremy’s books. 

I like what the William and Kate did with Charlotte (Elizabeth) Diana after Charles and Diana....it also works for Baby Girl Vuolo. 

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I like that name. Is it based on their female family names? 

Charlotte because it's the female version of Charles (Jeremy's dad) and Marie is Jana's middle name. I think they'll stick to family names. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, flyingdi said:

Nobody thinks Jinger will get Jessa or Lauren into the baby's name anywhere?

I don't think so. She'll want something unique for her fist baby. Jessa is a pretty basic name and it's a nickname for Jessica and there are already plenty of Lauren's in Fundyville.

• Love 1

I could see them going with a popular, pretty, classic name, something like Emma, Isabella, or Sophia.  As for middle name, I'm going with Nicole (Jinger's middle name).  

• Love 7

I agree. I totally think they’re Sophia, Ava, Olivia, or Charlotte people, and not going Italian at all.  Who knows, maybe they’ll surprise us with their creativity and originality!  

@Fostersmom now I’m intensely curious what those basic bitch white girl names are!  Don’t want to insult anyone here so won’t take any guesses ?

• Love 9
21 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I don't remember this episode. Was this on 19KAC?

Yes, it must have been 19KaC because it was right after their marriage -- before the scandals and the cancellation. I can't remember what Derick was "joking" about, but it irritated Jill. I don't remember if it was a class with other students, or if they were just working with a birthing coach.

At that time, I thought that Jill was preening and full of herself about being the first daughter married and getting knocked up right away. My impression was that she didn't like the "joking" because she expected Derick to be in awe of her breeder status, and to shower her with praise and compliments.

In retrospect, I think it was Derick being infantile and passive-aggressive. He knew Jill didn't like it, and he kept doing it anyway. His defense was essentially that she needed to "lighten up" and he was "just joking."

• Love 7

I can't tell what direction they will go in for the name. I could see something biblical like Elizabeth, Ruth, Lydia, etc. I could see something Italian that works well in English like Isabella, Sophia, Valentina etc. I could see them using a J-name, since they have J- names and her family has J-names, like Juliette, Juniper, etc. They could do something totally different and just pick a name they like. Lately I've been thinking Lydia Vuolo, although Julietta Vuolo would be pretty. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

Yes, it must have been 19KaC because it was right after their marriage -- before the scandals and the cancellation. I can't remember what Derick was "joking" about, but it irritated Jill. I don't remember if it was a class with other students, or if they were just working with a birthing coach.

At that time, I thought that Jill was preening and full of herself about being the first daughter married and getting knocked up right away. My impression was that she didn't like the "joking" because she expected Derick to be in awe of her breeder status, and to shower her with praise and compliments.

In retrospect, I think it was Derick being infantile and passive-aggressive. He knew Jill didn't like it, and he kept doing it anyway. His defense was essentially that she needed to "lighten up" and he was "just joking."

I do not think he was being passive-aggressive with her. If he really wanted to act like an ass during the class he would have.  I cannot imagine what it must have been like for him to be married to a woman who cannot spend five minutes without him, and he has to do things to please her. He is no prize, but she is no prize either

3 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I can't tell what direction they will go in for the name. I could see something biblical like Elizabeth, Ruth, Lydia, etc. I could see something Italian that works well in English like Isabella, Sophia, Valentina etc. I could see them using a J-name, since they have J- names and her family has J-names, like Juliette, Juniper, etc. They could do something totally different and just pick a name they like. Lately I've been thinking Lydia Vuolo, although Julietta Vuolo would be pretty. 

I do not think it’s going to be a J name. I think Jeremy would rather spork out his eyes than do anything that might be considered a nod to JB. 

• Love 19

I think Isabella or Sophia would be a good name for the baby. I wonder how long after the baby comes along before Jeremy starts having the three of them posing as the perfect All-American Christian family because he needs to put out a good image for himself.

3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think he was being passive-aggressive with her. If he really wanted to act like an ass during the class he would have.  I cannot imagine what it must have been like for him to be married to a woman who cannot spend five minutes without him, and he has to do things to please her. He is no prize, but she is no prize either

I don't disagree that he had cause, but it was (IMO) classic passive-aggressive behavior. They barely knew each other when they got married. I think that Derick was overwhelmed by Jill's clingy behavior (among other issues), and I think that Jill was deeply disappointed that Derick didn't treat her with the same sappy adoration that JB pours all over J'chelle (among other issues). I don't think he wanted to act like an ass in class, I think he was teasing Jill. Jill didn't like the teasing, and they had no ability to have a conversation about their different expectations.

I know this is the Jinger and Jeremy thread, and my point is that I think that Jinger and Jeremy are better suited to each other than Jill and Derick. Jeremy makes enough of the gallant gestures that Jinger would recognize from her own family for her to feel loved and secure in her relationship. Derick doesn't do that and he is unable or unwilling to see that Jill needs that (Jill, for her part, is -- IMO -- completely uninterested in what Derick really feels are wants, too).

• Love 10
4 hours ago, jennblevins said:

Someone’s already suggested this, I think, but Olivia Grace is my guess. 

Love it! Happens to be my grand's name!

i could see Ariana too. 

• Love 3

The Vuolos have a better chance, I think, because Jinger and Jeremy live so far away (relative to the others, at least) from Arkansas and the TTH, but I wonder how often the Kellers, Dillards, Seewalds, Forsyths and now the Caldwells actually see their grandchildren.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

The Vuolos have a better chance, I think, because Jinger and Jeremy live so far away (relative to the others, at least) from Arkansas and the TTH, but I wonder how often the Kellers, Dillards, Seewalds, Forsyths and now the Caldwells actually see their grandchildren.

Yes, and unlike Jill, Jinger seems happy to be away from the TTH. They may visit a lot, but it doesn't appear to be Jinger's goal to agitate and complain until she's back at the compound. I could be wrong, of course. No one has broken free of the compound so far, even though it looked like they might succeed (Josh and Jill).

• Love 7

I think it also helps that Jeremy does have so much 'worldly' experience and isn't shaking at the knees at talking to a pretty girl. I will never get over the bitterness behind Zach Bates voice when he talked about his break-up with Sarah and how he realized he had no idea how to even talk to a girl. These fools shelter their kids so badly that normal conversation skills are not learned and I do believe Jeremy recognized that. I also think waiting a year to have a kiddo did them a huge favor because they got to establish their own normal before the craziness ensues. The first few months of having a newborn are hard...to do that when you don't even have a real routine established with your spouse? Ha! 

I'm pulling for a Sophia, Julia or a Victoria and I think she'll pop on July 23rd. In a hospital, of course. 

• Love 19
4 hours ago, jennblevins said:

Someone’s already suggested this, I think, but Olivia Grace is my guess. 

That’s my niece’s name. Not sure how I’ll feel if she has to share names with a Duggar spawn. 

1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

I don't really care what they name her. I hope she grows up in her own home (500 miles away from the TTH) with her own room and her own toys. I hope she has a daddy who loves her as a person rather than a marketing gimmick, and a daddy who cares enough that she has her own bed to sleep in and food on the table. I hope that she goes to a real school and takes ballet lessons and is on the soccer team. I also hope that she has one sister who she loves fiercely and fights with constantly.

I cracked the glass on my iPad trying to express my ❤️❤️❤️ for this post.

• Love 12
On 08/07/2018 at 2:03 PM, Happyfatchick said:

@kokapetl - I’m not picking a fight (really!) but I’m genuinely curious what you find sinister in that silhouette pic of Jinge.  (I’m probably curious because I have a similar pic of myself with my last baby 24 yrs ago).  

It’s the black and whiteness and the silhouette. It’s like the cover to a comforting pamphlet. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, kokapetl said:

It’s the black and whiteness and the silhouette. It’s like the cover to a comforting pamphlet. 

Yeah. Kinda like a for a brochure for one of those homes for unwed mother/adoption places?

• Love 11

Starting to learn a lot about Jeremy from the pictures he takes. He seems to like pics of Jinger when she looking inquisitive, vulnerable, dumb. I used to think of all the women he's been around, he didn't choose a worldly and educated one. There's a reason.  He chose the homeschooled and homely (imho) virgin.  He likes to be the smart one and it's easier to control someone like Jinger. She doesn't know any better.  He chose carefully. 

• Love 13
9 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I wonder how long after the baby comes along before Jeremy starts having the three of them posing as the perfect All-American Christian family because he needs to put out a good image for himself.

Fifteen minutes.

• Love 5
(edited)

I thought of another couple of names:

Demi. They might spell it Dimi so it can truly represent Diane and Michelle.
Remi. They lurve their guns, y'all.

Christian Faith Vuolo
Christian Hope Vuolo
Christian Joy Vuolo
Christian Love Vuolo

I kinda have a feeling they will do what Jessa and Ben did and try to find a name that's the last name (or first name) of someone who wrote something once upon a time that they love. Jeremy is so into his books that I wouldn't be surprised at ALL if that's how they chose a moniker.  I just hope it won't be as astonishingly bad as Spurgeon or Wilberforce.

Edited by IntoTheMystic
Ah cain't speel. Too many after surgery meds. :/
  • Love 5

I think Jinger is very pretty. I love her smile and her eyes. Her hair has wonderful moments, too.  There are moments when she is talking that she reminds me of Rihanna (the singer) around the mouth/teeth.

But I do confess that I kinda pictured Jessa or Jana with a guy who looked like Jeremy. I think Jana is absolutely GORGEOUS. She's so pretty. Jessa has that "all American" facial structure thing happening that seems to be considered perfect: big doe eyes, big lips, nice cheekbones and brows, but I still think Jana is the prettiest of all the older sisters. And Jinger is second for me.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, zenme said:

Starting to learn a lot about Jeremy from the pictures he takes. He seems to like pics of Jinger when she looking inquisitive, vulnerable, dumb. I used to think of all the women he's been around, he didn't choose a worldly and educated one. There's a reason.  He chose the homeschooled and homely (imho) virgin.  He likes to be the smart one and it's easier to control someone like Jinger. She doesn't know any better.  He chose carefully. 

Amen to that!  Jeremy seems like one of those people that’s all about image.  I don’t know him, nor do i care to cuz he sems uber annoying to me, but I get the impression that if Jinger had all her same qualities but looked like Jill, she never would have stood a chance. Not that you shouldn’t be physically attracted to each other. I get it, men are visual ? but I think Jinger was chosen/vetted to fit in with Jeremy’s image of what he wants his perfect wife and family to look like.   That he cares for or about her is a plus, but I never got the impression it was the #1 qualifier.  She probably won’t be allowed to hang on to that baby weight for long, will name the child whatever he thinks is acceptable, and will defer all childrearing decisions to him despite having far more experience.  I bet if he wasn’t fundy-lite and she let herself go, she’d get traded in later.  

Call me cynical or a bitch or whatever, but I’m not impressed with Jeremy just yet.  Giving your wife “permission” to wear pants still makes you an ass in my book.  Publicly stating your wife can work, go to school or wear whatever she wants if and when she wants would be far more commendable.  

When I see them I always think about Mary and Chester from Breaking Amish.  Mary is a true rebel and has probably broken every rule in the Amish playbook, and Chester fusses and complains, but he still loves her and he’s still there.  I don’t think someone like Jerely would tolerate that kind of embarrassment or “disobedience”.  He’d smile in public but the facade would crack and there would be hell to lay when he got home.  

Having said all that, Jinger probably likes the control, so live and let live.  

• Love 12

I strangely find myself looking forward to the baby Jingle V photos that will be upcoming.  And I'm not a fan of babies. 

But J & J usually try to inject their photos with some creativity and artistic style, not just rely on a flood of pseudo-Pinterest fail copies that we've always gotten from Jill & Jessa. 

I hope they do something different with the arrival announcement, though I imagine the videos will be the usual Duggar-style that we always get.  

• Love 14