Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

She's done at least 3. She did the first at 8 weeks. No one in my circle of aquaintance does these and I have plenty of pregnant friends. If one of my friends did a chalkboard update online, I'd most likely stop following her on social media and snark elsewhere. 

I don't always hate their clothes or the food they're eating, even while other people snark. A lot of that stuff seems pretty normal to me, but I can understand people wanting to snark on it.  I understand that she is a Duggar and on TLC and both TLC and the Duggars and basically all reality tv uses babies as part of the reason to watch.  None of this prevents me from snarking on it. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

So...does everyone use the same fruit and vegetables for these comparisons?  I'm an old geezer who doesn't do Instagram or Snapchat (my grands do though) so I only see what's posted here.

But I would like to think if I was doing this back in the day (by cracky) when I was pregnant (and dinosaurs roamed the earth) I'd want to come up with a different thing to draw for each update than everyone else is using.

Surely (and don't call me Shirley) people get tried of seeing all those babies compared to apples, bell peppers, etc. Why not change it up a bit and use kumquats or pomegranates or something to be different?

Now get off of my lawn.

Nope, different apps, different food comparisons.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Temperance said:

She's done at least 3. She did the first at 8 weeks. No one in my circle of aquaintance does these and I have plenty of pregnant friends. If one of my friends did a chalkboard update online, I'd most likely stop following her on social media and snark elsewhere. 

I don't always hate their clothes or the food they're eating, even while other people snark. A lot of that stuff seems pretty normal to me, but I can understand people wanting to snark on it.  I understand that she is a Duggar and on TLC and both TLC and the Duggars and basically all reality tv uses babies as part of the reason to watch.  None of this prevents me from snarking on it. 

Jinger didn't announce until about 12 weeks. Kendra was the one who announced before the end of her first trimester. And she's not even on social media, so we haven't seen any bananas or kumquats or canteloupes from her. 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jinger didn't announce until about 12 weeks. Kendra was the one who announced before the end of her first trimester. And she's not even on social media, so we haven't seen any bananas or kumquats or canteloupes from her. 

Well that's no nevermind because at the end she will give birth to a mini watermelon or a small pumpkin.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Kendra was the one who announced before the end of her first trimester. And she's not even on social media, so we haven't seen any bananas or kumquats or canteloupes from her. 

93406B69-236C-419C-B7BE-44A10C8BBC49.gif

• Like 5

7 hours ago, magpye29 said:

none of you commented but did any of you notice that its a blue paci in the mouth of the tiny baby  picture?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, zoomama said:

none of you commented but did any of you notice that its a blue paci in the mouth of the tiny baby  picture?

I did not notice that. I wonder if it was on purpose or it was the first baby to pop up. It also matches the Blue she used to write 'Baby' in. 

Not sure what filter this is, but Jeremy looks creepy. Jin's outfit is cute. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfWxJehAg_P/

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Like 2

That's Jeremy?  It doesn't look anything like him.  And he does indeed look creepy.  He reminds me of a sleazebag slimy politician of some sort who'll shake your hand and then pick your pocket.

• Like 11

He shaved his facial hair. 

And I never thought I'd see a Duggar girl in hooker heels. Those suckers are high! 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Like 7

14 minutes ago, Fosca said:

That's Jeremy?  It doesn't look anything like him.  And he does indeed look creepy.  He reminds me of a sleazebag slimy politician of some sort who'll shake your hand and then pick your pocket.

I like this post for all the right reasons! He looks old enough to be her father without the beard. Wait a minute...

I'm not all that bothered with the chalkboard updates. I've seen way more obnoxious "look I'm pregnant" posts from friends. When she starts taking selfies in the bathroom mirror like Jessa every week and wearing tight t-shirts(I know she's worn 2 t-shirt type shirts in the chalkboard pictures, but she isn't too far along yet and they aren't too tight), then I might get annoyed..lol I think she looks absolutely fabulous! The most recent picture of her and beardless Jer, I think she looks pretty damn stylish for a fundie. As @Sew Sumi said, she's pretty much wearing hooker heals in that pic! Lol! If we get a picture of her waiting at an actual doctor's office for an appointment, I'll let any fruit/vegetable update post slide...

Edited by Madtown · Reason: Because I didn't learn grammar from the Duggars
  • Like 17

1 hour ago, zoomama said:

It's pink on my screen...

(I almost went nuts looking for the tiny baby pic, btw)

Screenshot_20180218-195018.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket · Reason: Added pic..lol
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, zoomama said:

You mean the baby emoji following the caption "update on baby Vuolo"? If yes, there's no pacifier on my version. (I have an iPhone.)

• Like 10

Just now, McManda said:

You mean the baby emoji following the caption "update on baby Vuolo"? If yes, there's no pacifier on my version. (I have an iPhone.)

The plot thickens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zoomama said:

I think she's having a girl.  She's carrying high.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I think she's having a girl.  She's carrying high.

I had 2 girls. Carried one high, one low. I'm thinking boy for Jinger.

3 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I wanna see someone compare their growing baby to something I can relate to like fast food. The baby starts out the size of a chicken McNugget, then it's the size of an onion ring.  Then it's a Jr. Whopper then a Big Mac, followed by a quart of fried rice, eventually  arriving at two piece and a biscuit on your due date. 

I'd consider having a baby #3 if someone put together THAT pregnancy countdown. 

• Like 16

Pictures are OK, but I wouldn't splash them all over social media.

I like seeing updates like this from my friends. We all lead busy lives, and we don't see each other in person as much as we'd like to. Baby bump pictures, baby pictures, even hipster food pictures help us feel like we're still in each other's lives, and it's all opt in. But for Jinger, this is more than that. The majority of Vuolo money presumably comes from Counting On. Even if she thinks it's silly and hates it, she'd still be encouraged to smile and create a cute picture for the camera because that's how she can keep her followers and thus the interest to keep the show. So this type of thing is literally her job.

• Like 21

10 hours ago, Mollie said:

The next is 19 weeks and it's a tomato.

https://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-19-weeks_1108.bc

1a.jpg

Since when is a tomato bigger than a bell pepper? 

6 hours ago, magpye29 said:

You're blowing my mind, Mollie!  How can we go from graduated-in-size round things to something long and skinny?  That's just crazy talk!

Apparently this list was made up by someone as familiar with real food, grocery shopping, cooking, as the Duggars are. .... They would have used cans to describe it -- but most cans are the same size. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

So...does everyone use the same fruit and vegetables for these comparisons?  I'm an old geezer who doesn't do Instagram or Snapchat (my grands do though) so I only see what's posted here.

But I would like to think if I was doing this back in the day (by cracky) when I was pregnant (and dinosaurs roamed the earth) I'd want to come up with a different thing to draw for each update than everyone else is using.

Surely (and don't call me Shirley) people get tried of seeing all those babies compared to apples, bell peppers, etc. Why not change it up a bit and use kumquats or pomegranates or something to be different?

Now get off of my lawn.

These are apparently people who don't actually know the normal relative sizes of two of the most commonly used vegetables in America -- tomatoes and bell peppers. And who think that bananas are comparable in shape to the aforementioned vegetables. I guess it'd be a big stretch to think that they'd even heard of kumquats and pomegranates. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I guess it'd be a big stretch to think that they'd even heard of kumquats and pomegranates. 

They would think kumquats are something defrauding.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I guess it'd be a big stretch to think that they'd even heard of kumquats and pomegranates. 

I think it would be a blast to cook a meal for one of the Dugger couples - NOT Boob and J'chelle and use things like spiralized zucchini noodles with fresh made ingredients that they have probably never heard of.  And then ask them to do the dishes, since we cooked.  Snort

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

These are apparently people who don't actually know the normal relative sizes of two of the most commonly used vegetables in America -- tomatoes and bell peppers. 

In fairness, they specify (and picture) an heirloom tomato, which is typically a lot bigger than a regular tomato - or bell pepper.

They really should have picked something more people are familar with.  Most people think of a tomato as being smaller than a bell pepper and it makes no sense to be coming in line afterwards. But now that I think about it I'm kind of having trouble thinking of something that's the same size as an heirloom tomato. Cantaloupesare too big . Turnips too small. An artichoke? Yeah an artichoke lol

Clearly I know more about the relative sizes of various fast foods than I do that of vegetables.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Like 11

2 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

In fairness, they specify (and picture) an heirloom tomato, which is typically a lot bigger than a regular tomato - or bell pepper.

They really should have picked something more people are familar with.  Most people think of a tomato as being smaller than a bell pepper and it makes no sense to be coming in line afterwards. But now that I think about it I'm kind of having trouble thinking of something that's the same size as an heirloom tomato. Cantaloupesare too big . Turnips too small. An artichoke? Yeah an artichoke lol

Clearly I know more about the relative sizes of various fast foods than I do that of vegetables.

Rutabaga?  Jicama? Chayote squash?  Yes when the Olympics aren't on I live on cooking shows on TV.

Edited by DragonFaerie
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I wanna see someone compare their growing baby to something I can relate to like fast food. The baby starts out the size of a chicken McNugget, then it's the size of an onion ring. 

A friend of mine did once describe her unborn baby as being the size of a Twinkie.  Does that count?

• Like 16

10 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Grapefruit.

• Like 9

I think she's having a boy, since the chalkboard"baby" writing is blue.

In the recent Instagram photo, the caption says "Sunday".  So is Jinger just leaving for church, or just returning, in skinny pants?

Pants around and about is one thing, but a Duggar woman wearing pants to church is another thing. Even though we wore pants to church since  back in the 1970's, it still surprised me.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

You're a genius, my pet! Now go make me a plate of eggs!

Don't we have a gift card to IHop or Denny's?

• Like 16

Well, we do. But I was saving those up for myself to use for breakfast when you are in labor and can't cook for me. Remember, we don't have a Jana at home. At least, not yet!

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Like 24

40 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Don't we have a gift card to IHop or Denny's?

Ladies, ladies. No need to argue. You're both beautiful. 

• Like 11

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:42 AM, louannems said:

I think she's having a boy, since the chalkboard"baby" writing is blue.

I am hoping it's a girl.  I have a feeling Jinger's "fabulous" lifestyle has Jessa teetering on the edge.  Pretty sure that would push her over.   

• Like 16

On 2/19/2018 at 5:48 PM, Loves2Dance said:

You said IHop or Denny's, but what I think you meant is Chick-Fil-A. ;p

Or that Tacos For Life. 

• Like 2

The paci is blue on my surface.

A kumquat is really small, wouldn't it be in the 'don't tell 'til its safe' stage?  If someone told me their unborn was the size of abanana, I would think it's no longer in a fetal position and stretching out, but also thinking, 'aren't you eating enough for that poor thing?'  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Catlyn said:

The paci is blue on my surface.

A kumquat is really small, wouldn't it be in the 'don't tell 'til its safe' stage?  If someone told me their unborn was the size of abanana, I would think it's no longer in a fetal position and stretching out, but also thinking, 'aren't you eating enough for that poor thing?'  

Ahh..you outed my secret. I've never seen nor tasted a kumquat in my life, and just picked it for the funny sounding name.

Screenshot_20180220-222008.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket · Reason: Had to Google it..for some reason I thought it'd be brown
  • Like 3

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:22 PM, Sew Sumi said:

He shaved his facial hair. 

And I never thought I'd see a Duggar girl in hooker heels. Those suckers are high! 

I saw an old episode where Michele took a bunch of the girls shoe shopping. She said there was NO MODESTY when it came to shoes. Also, I wish Jinger would stop flat ironing hair and let it be curly. She just keeps damaging it. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2018 at 11:29 AM, bob.loblaw said:

Coming out of lurkdom to say they have an app for that!  I don't know what it's called but my sister used it while pregnant with my niece.  It went from M&M to bag of chips to a full bucket of KFC by 40 weeks.  We were both pregnant at the same time and thought it was hilarious.  

I was just going to say this! Ha! I used that app because 1) it's hilarious and I needed something to laugh at while uncomfortable and pregnant; and 2) I never *knew* offhand how many weeks along I was when people asked and the app kept track of that for me so I didn't have to do the math in my head. (Although I guess if I had kept track of it week by week on my chalkboard, I'd have known off hand exactly how many weeks I was.)

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, VegasDenise said:

I saw an old episode where Michele took a bunch of the girls shoe shopping. She said there was NO MODESTY when it came to shoes.

I wonder how she feels now after that photo of Derrick rubbing Jilly Beans feet with a look on his face of a foot fettish?  :-)

Edited by DragonFaerie
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, DragonFaerie said:

I wonder how she feels know after that photo of Derrick rubbing Jilly Beans feet with a look on his face of a foot fettish?  :-)

Ewww... Trying to block image out of my mind.

Yeah, NO MODESTY issues with shoes; yet they've just about constantly wore cheap ass flip flops..."Feet aren't sexy"...Michelle Duggar.  This coming from a Bill Gothard, 'foot fetish man' follower.

• Like 6

Aethera

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.