Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

 

Back to JinJer, I suppose if they went to a matinee, they could catch a plane back to Laredo tonight in time for Sunday services. 

If they went to a matinee, they would still have to go out to dinner afterwards & take pictures of each other.  That takes a lot of time & posing to get those pictures just right for their fans . Those darn Sunday services can get in the way of their social life & photo shoots. ;)

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

if that's a new thing with the wedding toppers, then that's fun!

I have never heard of such a thing so seeing the wedding Jinger/Jeremy toppers parked next to a burger in Texas made me have a WTF moment. Glad to hear they are not delusional like Derick, who probably has a box of wedding toppers and talks to them regularly. I can see Derick setting up a variety of wedding toppers and lecturing them on their sins. I'm only half kidding,  

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, bythelake said:

If you had gone to their wedding you probably wouldn't have gotten a slice. The girls have over 1000 guests at their weddings. This cake was probably reserved for family. The guests get a piece of plain sheet cake, if they get any at all.

They had cupcakes in the pretty natural fluted paper cups. They looked really good too.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, leighdear said:

The type of cake they had is actually a very popular request for brides today, it's called a "Naked" cake.  It's deliberately under-frosted.  A lot of very high-end bakeries are doing them these days, and I've seen them all over the photos of celeb birthdays, weddings & showers.  The girl is current and knows what's in style.  Google has loads of images.  I thought it was very pretty. 

And I think the staged pictures with their toppers are pretty damn cute.  They probably brought them out for their anniversary and got a wild hair to photograph them.  And I also like how they match in the first photo.  Very adorable. 

Ok. I still think it’s ugly. I’ve seen well-done “naked” cakes that still manage to look attractive and professional. This one has edges that look like they were hacked off with a knife for maximum crumbling, filling that is randomly dripping down the sides, and fruit “decoration” that is limp and covered in poorly-applied powdered sugar. It’s great that it’s a trendy idea, but it’s still poorly executed. But whatever, I didn’t have to serve it at my wedding. To each their own and all that. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, ariel said:

I wonder if Jinger really wrote that?  It sounds like something Babe would write about himself.

It's a popular song by Clean Bandit. Probably introduced to Jinge by Babe's family (violins and stringed instruments).

Or, yup, maybe Babe wrote that himself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Ok. I still think it’s ugly. I’ve seen well-done “naked” cakes that still manage to look attractive and professional. This one has edges that look like they were hacked off with a knife for maximum crumbling, filling that is randomly dripping down the sides, and fruit “decoration” that is limp and covered in poorly-applied powdered sugar. It’s great that it’s a trendy idea, but it’s still poorly executed. But whatever, I didn’t have to serve it at my wedding. To each their own and all that. 

I scrolled back and looked at the naked cake.  You are right.  It is messy.  I guess I thought that was the look?  Rustic and sloppy. I didn't realize that it wasn't supposed to look like that. 

Well, nothing new for the Duggars. 

However, that is minor stuff like you pointed out.  Just interesting to note. 

Share this post


Link to post

48 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Rustic and sloppy. 

That so describes the Duggars & the adjacents.  I would like to add grifty to that too.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

I scrolled back and looked at the naked cake.  You are right.  It is messy.  I guess I thought that was the look?  Rustic and sloppy. I didn't realize that it wasn't supposed to look like that. 

Well, nothing new for the Duggars. 

However, that is minor stuff like you pointed out.  Just interesting to note. 

Well, let's see. The last Duggar wedding featured a wedding dress that fell apart before the ceremony. And even though the dressmaker was there, Jana had to sit on the floor and put it back together

I think we can safely say that the Duggars seldom manage to hire the most skilled folk to do their work. (possibly partly because they're not willing to pay the going rates? and because they mainly know a bunch of lazy idiots, because who else would hang around with them?) 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, ariel said:

If they went to a matinee, they would still have to go out to dinner afterwards & take pictures of each other.  That takes a lot of time & posing to get those pictures just right for their fans . Those darn Sunday services can get in the way of their social life & photo shoots. ;)

Priorities, right?!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

31 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Maybe they are realizing that clean top 40 music isn’t sinful, and that is their standard for where their agreed upon line is. It’s light years ahead of Boob.  Baby steps. 

I'd like to think that, and it seems as likely as not. On the other hand, the line quoted in the post (assuming that's the one from the song, which I'm not familiar with) is not so original a thought that he couldn't have picked it up elsewhere. Still, I guess I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt on his one, even if it means admitting that he's more up on current music than I am!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I think he looks very nice, especially compared to how every other male member of the Dugger & adjacents dress.  His trousers are a very dapper windowpane pattern. 

Jinger's Instagram has a pic of them with the little boy that played Tiny Tim.  It's very cute and the boy actually has the same chin as Jinger.    

Edited by leighdear
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'd like to think that, and it seems as likely as not. On the other hand, the line quoted in the post (assuming that's the one from the song, which I'm not familiar with) is not so original a thought that he couldn't have picked it up elsewhere. Still, I guess I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt on his one, even if it means admitting that he's more up on current music than I am!

It's directly lifted from a song that I used to warm up to at Zumba class. It's the closing line. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/15/2017 at 3:55 PM, PuhLeeze said:

And Powell's Books on Burnside in Portland. HEAVEN! 

EVERY time I'm in PDX (four times a year), I head straight to Powell's. I usually spend about 4+ hours and far too much money!

:)

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

On 12/14/2017 at 6:06 PM, leighdear said:

So couldn't you just buy individual packages of those things & dump them in a bowl yourself?  I don't like popcorn, so I'd leave that out, but the other stuff just sounds like ordinary chocolate snack stuff you can find anywhere.  Am I missing something?  

Maybe other people like it? 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Her ring is there. 

Thanks. I still can't see it, but I imagine that Babe never removes her set, ,which is why I thought it so strange! 

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, PinkyCupcake said:

Yikes. Not Baaabe's best picture, gotta say.

He is looking a little grey around the gills.  He's not the handsome dude he thinks he is.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, leighdear said:

I think he looks very nice, especially compared to how every other male member of the Dugger & adjacents dress.  His trousers are a very dapper windowpane pattern. 

I agree. I think Jeremy has good style. He makes an effort to dress nicely as opposed to the rest of the Duggars who look like they just rolled out of bed.

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

He makes an effort to dress nicely as opposed to the rest of the Duggars who look like they just rolled out of bed.

For Jinger, I think stretched out & faded second-hand store clothing items are a thing of the past.  And obviously Jeremy is fine with that.  You can tell she feels good about her new looks, and I think that's endearing.  

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Jeremy is not my cup of tea for a zillion reasons, but, he looks clean and well groomed.  So does Jinger except she needs a hair trim.  Nothing wrong with a  man caring about his appearance.  It doesn't seem like he does this at the expense of Jinger.  

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Let's send JinJer a Congrats you're still not knocked up gift. They deserve something. 

One gift can be re-naming this thread to Jinger Still Not Pregnant!!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Let's send JinJer a Congrats you're still not knocked up gift. They deserve something. 

How about a donation to Planned Parenthood in their name?

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

It's no secret that I don't like Jeremy but even I admit, he is moving down my list.  I despise Derick and Cathy Dillard much now.  I hate liars and I hate those who enable liars. 

Jeremy comes off as impressed with himself but at least he is clean, educated and treats Jinger well (from what we can see). 

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, MonicaM said:

They're getting what they deserve.  They're traveling, going to shows, dressing in stylish clothes, and they have their own house far from prying Duggar eyes.  They seem to be genuinely enjoying getting to know each other better as opposed to racing to the maternity ward.  If the rest of the clan weren't so brainwashed, they would want this kind of freedom as well.  

I just hope it's their decision and that they aren't trying to get pregnant and it's not happening for them .

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Jeremy loves himself, and is a terrible wannabe, but at least they get to know each other and expand a bit. We shall see what happens if and when Jinger develops her own sense of self.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 6:33 PM, TigerLily20 said:

I do think the wedding toppers are cute and one things for certain I guess they are getting their moneys worth out of them?  I know a couple who are RVing across the US and she does something similar to those pictures, even the same type of "Little People" she had made of her and her husband.  Every new place they go to she takes a picture with those little wooden people...maybe it's a thing now? 

Could be.  But it seems to me that you have to be a couple who choose not to have real jobs, and still don't know how to cook.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I know plenty of secularly minded people with good to great jobs who don’t know a thing about cooking, and would be appalled if they were expected to cook their own meals.  Either because that’s for the cook/housekeeper to do; or because when you make a good salary in New York City and have twelve different kinds of cuisine available to you in a six block radius, why would you bother cooking unless you had to?

me, I think it’s lazy to boast of the inability to cook and a sign of accomplishment for anyone male or female to be able to do so; but I don’t think choosing not to cook every meal is a badge of incompetence either.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Yet we've seen Jinger making breakfast burritos and fajitas on the show.  She obviously knows how to follow a recipe.  Why instagram dinner at home when that's probably something normal for them and eating out on a trip is maybe still special?

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

15 hours ago, queenanne said:

I know plenty of secularly minded people with good to great jobs who don’t know a thing about cooking, and would be appalled if they were expected to cook their own meals.  Either because that’s for the cook/housekeeper to do; or because when you make a good salary in New York City and have twelve different kinds of cuisine available to you in a six block radius, why would you bother cooking unless you had to?

Why are you singling out "|secularly minded" people for not liking to cook?  Are only people of a certain flavor of faith know for their love for cooking?

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/18/2017 at 10:09 PM, MonicaM said:

They're getting what they deserve.  They're traveling, going to shows, dressing in stylish clothes, and they have their own house far from prying Duggar eyes.  They seem to be genuinely enjoying getting to know each other better as opposed to racing to the maternity ward.  If the rest of the clan weren't so brainwashed, they would want this kind of freedom as well.  

It's sad that Jinger and Baaaaabe had to rush to the altar in order to gain those privileges. The fact they had to sign a legally binding contract is still astounding. They could have done most of those things without being married if they hadn't been inside the super fundamentalist Christianity bubble.

Jeremy and Jinger had a fairly short courtship and engagement so at least they're going through those developmental milestones before organizing an army for Jesus. Granted Jeremy says on the website they've known each other since one of the missionary trips to El Salvador and he made his intentions known to "get to know Jinger" at the end of 2015 so maybe they knew each other a bit better? Hard to say with these people.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:58 PM, leighdear said:

I refuse to bash them just because she is a Duggar and he's married to her. I will however bash Jill & Derwood, because I cannot abide their smug, self-righteous and bitter bullshit.   But that's just me.

In my humble opinion, Jinger is the winner in the husbands sweepstake, and that includes the Bates girls.  Which begs the question, are those girls really tiny or are the husbands just oversize?

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

In my humble opinion, Jinger is the winner in the husbands sweepstake, and that includes the Bates girls.  Which begs the question, are those girls really tiny or are the husbands just oversize?

There is a comment I want to make, but I do not want to become the permanent person in the prayer closet. So much snarking, so little time.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

If my headship posted something like this I'd laugh. It sounds like one of Ben's sappy love letters to Jessa when they were still courting. You know, I don't think Derick has never mentioned anything about Jill's beauty. At least the spark is still alive in this marriage. 

She does look very pretty here.

Derrick said something one time about how jill wasn't that much to look at, but had a heart for God! It was some verse like that, and it said, "this is my wife!" or something insulting along those lines. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

That is a great picture of her. I know I'm a hater for this but I usually find Jinger's face a bit...off. She looks really pretty there. I think she's one of those people who grows into her looks and gets better looking as she gets older. 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Derrick said something one time about how jill wasn't that much to look at, but had a heart for God! It was some verse like that, and it said, "this is my wife!" or something insulting along those lines. 

He did?!! Wow. I’m not someone who thinks a man needs to constantly hush about how attractive his wife is, but jolly, what newlywed thinks to post something like that?!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Aethera

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size