Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Well, he's been at this for over a year, so if that's the case, he's in it for the long con. #wishfulthinking

I vote no. He's basically a repentant asshole, which plays right into Boob's "redemption arc" these days. Bringing in Jeremy makes re-introducing Smuggar an easier task. You KNOW Boob will push for it. I guess we'll know if TLC downvotes him soon enough. 

• Love 5

Is there a reason you think that Jeremy is going to marry Jinger as part of some kind of conspiracy with JB to further the Duggar brand rather than actually liking her? That's a pretty cruel thing to accuse him of.  Maybe I missed it but I don't see evidence that he went to JB and just wanted whatever Duggar girl was available to further some kind of personal agenda. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Is there a reason you think that Jeremy is going to marry Jinger as part of some kind of conspiracy with JB to further the Duggar brand rather than actually liking her? That's a pretty cruel thing to accuse him of.  Maybe I missed it but I don't see evidence that he went to JB and just wanted whatever Duggar girl was available to further some kind of personal agenda. 

You will find your answer here:

http://tlsleaze.tumblr.com/post/111966876960

• Love 3

He may be one of those guys who, when he feels like it is time to marry, just looks for any girl  who is cute and agreeable. It happens a lot. Everybody's idea of love and marriage are different, and practical marriages last a whole lot longer than straight infatuation. I just hope he's not controlling and Jinger is happy.

Now JB does nothing without some sort of self promoting intention, so who knows. 

• Love 6

My first two years of college were spent at a Missouri Synod Lutheran College and I noticed that many guys once they got their calling to a church or school picked a girl that fit their ministry. It wasn't always the pretty, popular ones but often the more practical girls that had finished their training and had skills in music and/or elementary teaching. Jinger was probably someone that was available in his timeframe of needing a mate and the also right kind of Christian for his church.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

He may be one of those guys who, when he feels like it is time to marry, just looks for any girl  who is cute and agreeable. It happens a lot. Everybody's idea of love and marriage are different, and practical marriages last a whole lot longer than straight infatuation. I just hope he's not controlling and Jinger is happy.

Now JB does nothing without some sort of self promoting intention, so who knows. 

I agree. I don't buy into the idea that just because he's marrying a Duggar and JB is a shit that Jeremy is automatically a jerk who is basically buying Jinger from JB in some sort of business deal. Jeremy may have decided it was time to marry and liked Jinger so they are courting but I still don't see anything about him directly that makes it seem like Jinger is an after thought. I'm not saying it isn't possible. I just don't think there is anything known about him or their relationship that means we should assume from the get go that Jinger is just a means to the end for Jeremy and he would have been fine with whomever JB threw at him. 

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I don't buy into the idea that just because he's marrying a Duggar and JB is a shit that Jeremy is automatically a jerk who is basically buying Jinger from JB in some sort of business deal.

I do.

• Love 6

I don't buy into the idea that just because he's marrying a Duggar and JB is a shit that Jeremy is automatically a jerk who is basically buying Jinger from JB in some sort of business deal.

I honestly don't know what this Jeremy guy's deal is, maybe he's madly in love, maybe he's looking for the perfect fundie wife and thinks he can find it in a Duggar, who knows. Maybe it's something in between. For me, the main concern is Jinger. Because (and I've been making remarks on this forum for the past year about it) she's been looking miserable, dead-eyed and close to anorexic for a long time now, and while this could very well be due to Joshgate and her family's fall from grace, one would think a girl in love would look at least a little bit happy once in a while and I haven't really seen that in Jinger, which makes me worry a bit. (Because I've apparently turned into a person who worries about people she doesn't know or even like that much. I swear I didn't have the same issue with Jill or Jessa!) I think it's that word, "meek". It has burrowed into my brain and keeps making me twitchy about Jeremy. I guess I just don't trust a guy who thinks meekness and a willingness to sacrifice herself are good traits to look for in a wife. And I defintely don't trust JB. So while I sincerely doubt there is any kind of overt "business" going on, mercenary JB combined with miserable looking Jinger combined with prodigal son Jeremy... to me this just doesn't look like a love match.

• Love 18

@Vaysh You said it so much more tactfully than I did! Jeremy says he was attracted to the video she made with Ben. She's a MESS in that thing. The poor girl is pretty much the family doormat and hasn't seemed happy since Jessa started courting. I imagine she was "working on her contentment" (God, I hate that phrase), but she lost a ton of weight, and her smiles never reached her eyes. 

I don't see any change in that in the happy couple pics they've released with Jeremy. Boob sees ratings and a way to shoehorn Smuggar back onto TV. Jeremy needs a meek wife. This is a culture of patriarchy. I hope Jinger had SOME say in this, but even so, in their culture, her opinion matters very little. After Joshgate, I imagine Jinger was happy that ANYONE would want to court her. 

• Love 6

I think Jinger was deeply hurt when Jessa kicked her to the curb for Bin. Separation when a sibling gets married is completely normal, but I think Jinger figured they'd still do lunches and hang out, and I don't think that happened. I remember the thrift store scene where Jessa was trying to act all happy for the camera while Jinger made no attempts to hide her boredom and annoyance. Couple that with the tedium of the TTH and lack of support over Joshgate, and it's no wonder the poor thing is a wreck.

• Love 8

I dont' think Jeremy is in on some sinister plot.

I think he was raised very religious, was worldly and now went flying into this extreme fundamentalism for some reason. His own family might be shocked at how hard core he developed.  He picked Jinger because she is a "meek" girl and controlling people gravitate to people they can be in control of. I'm sure they get along and they might actually like/love eachother but I just worry he will steamroll fragile Jinger.  I get an internse vibe off of him.

I too am concerned that Jinger looks so sad but is yet in a supposedly happy time in her life. 

• Love 8
On Monday, July 11, 2016 at 11:29 AM, RazzleberryPie said:

Who wants a Duggar? Most people marry someone whose the same as them or upgrade. The Duggars are a downgrade. No education, dumb as fuck, no sense of relationships 

I'm scared for anyone who marries a Duggar and is normal. I hope Jeremy isn't abusive. I hope he's gentle with Jinger and use a condom.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Darknight said:

Who wants a Duggar? Most people marry someone whose the same as them or upgrade. The Duggars are a downgrade. No education, dumb as fuck, no sense of relationships 

They are indeed uneducated fuckwits who've never been let out to go to the grocery store alone. 

But, they have a TV show. A show that so far has proved to be more long-lived than cockroaches or mold. Just adapts and keeps on going, and apparently will never. ever. die.

So, anyone who hankers after celebrity and being on the cover of People magazine for knocking up his wife, or getting knocked up by her husband, will definitely want a Duggar. Not only is there fame, there are paychecks. Some would think it a sweet deal.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 5
(edited)
10 hours ago, Darknight said:

Who wants a Duggar? Most people marry someone whose the same as them or upgrade. The Duggars are a downgrade. No education, dumb as fuck, no sense of relationships 

In particular, I've never gotten the impression that Gothard's group was dripping with uneducated idiots. It seems that his cult and some of the other patriarchy- and quivering type cults actually attract a high number of intelligent and educated people. So the Duggs may well be particularly unattractive to those we'd think of as being natural fits for the family.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2

Jeremy's college partying plays perfectly into KJB's paranoia of higher education and how it ruins you. Of course, he'll never recognize that Jeremy's college education gave him opportunities to pursue soccer as a professional, which is what LAUNCHING is all about. Boob only has one blueprint, and he doesn't appear that he's ever going to deviate from it. Jeremy's college sins saved him, blah blah blah....

• Love 2
2 hours ago, flyingdi said:

What gets to me about the Duggars is not that they're uneducated, many people are fit to circumstances beyond their control.  It's that the Duggars are so freaking proud of it!

If your faith is so weak it won't survive a little education, you have more problems than you think.

I want to like this 100 times.

• Love 2

I'm already bored with this courtship and it just started. Are they really saving all the good stuff for the next season? Where are the triple date pictures at the putt putt course with Dim and J'chelle and Ben and Blessa dry humping behind them? Or pictures of them sharing a milkshake. Or is that too much exchange of saliva without being married? I can't believe I'm saying this, but Jill and Jessa's courtships had more going for them by this time and Ben and Derrick are both snoozefests compared to Jeremy. Not to mention that Dill and Blessa are two of my least favorite Duggars, while I've always loved me some Jinger. 

Jeremy looks like he has more skeletons...purple beads?... In his closet. I wonder how Jinger feels about all of this. I hope her mental state is ok. Must be nerve wrecking knowing that probably this time next year you'll be knocked up with a little Jlessing. She's always seemed to me like one of the older girls who isn't crazy about kids. She doesn't seem as nurturing as Jana or Jill. At least she's not as bad as Jessa, who is surprisingly a much more hands on mom than I thought she would be, but that's not a topic for here. 

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that we haven't seen any other pictures of them together?

Old Proverb: The shoemaker's children go barefoot. The doctor's wife die young. 

And now apparently

the "photographer" has no  one to take pictures of her and her boyfriend, I mean courting partner. 

When they're engaged, she can register for a selfie stick and then there will be lots of pictures. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5
(edited)
14 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that we haven't seen any other pictures of them together?

I just thought it was a consequence of their lives being totally made for tv. And the fact that this show consumes a little less of the calendar than the old show.

Since I've never actually watched their shows, I don't remember the timeline on this. But were there significant photos of and information about the new couples published when the show wasn't airing or imminently airing? Seems to me those relationships may not have been actually revealed in any detail until they went on the air either? Or not. As I say, don't remember.

Since their current show's probably on somewhat shakier ground, though, maybe they're more seriously hoarding information now to reveal only on tv? Because ... ratings?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2

Since their current show's probably on somewhat shakier ground, though, maybe they're more seriously hoarding information now to reveal only on tv? Because ... ratings?

I'm pretty sure this is the main culprit. That can squeeze three season out of this courtship, if necessary. Don't stop the money train.

• Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, Temperance said:

Old Proverb: The shoemaker's children go barefoot. The doctor's wife die young. 

And now apparently

the "photographer" has no  one to take pictures of her and her boyfriend, I mean courting partner. 

When they're engaged, she can register for a selfie stick and then there will be lots of pictures. 

And if she didn't notice, her camera has a self timer on it...put it on a tripod or a stable surface and go...that might require too much work...she probably hasn't explored beyond automatic.

This is a snoozer courtship...expected more spice, because Jinger. However, I think the show will take a hit since no one wants to see Boob and Smuggley Do Right.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

My other concern is if MeChelle is dumping Bin for the goalie? 

I think it's a great thing we haven't seen more pictures of them. A bit of privacy for Jinger can't be bad IMO.

10 hours ago, fuzzylollipop said:

I'm already bored with this courtship and it just started. Are they really saving all the good stuff for the next season? Where are the triple date pictures at the putt putt course with Dim and J'chelle and Ben and Blessa dry humping behind them? Or pictures of them sharing a milkshake. Or is that too much exchange of saliva without being married? I can't believe I'm saying this, but Jill and Jessa's courtships had more going for them by this time and Ben and Derrick are both snoozefests compared to Jeremy. Not to mention that Dill and Blessa are two of my least favorite Duggars, while I've always loved me some Jinger. 

Jeremy looks like he has more skeletons...purple beads?... In his closet. I wonder how Jinger feels about all of this. I hope her mental state is ok. Must be nerve wrecking knowing that probably this time next year you'll be knocked up with a little Jlessing. She's always seemed to me like one of the older girls who isn't crazy about kids. She doesn't seem as nurturing as Jana or Jill. At least she's not as bad as Jessa, who is surprisingly a much more hands on mom than I thought she would be, but that's not a topic for here. 

Honestly, I found every single one of their "courtships" to be boring as hell. The weddings too.

• Love 2

I wonder if we will get an "All About Jinger" episode?  I personally think Jinger is when the parents interest in their children started to wan

Jinger is left handed!

Jinger loves photography and God!

Jinger`s best friend is Jessa!

"That won't fill a half hour, Mr Duggar."

Jinger's always sort of been there!

• Love 4

Don't forget about Jinger's encouraging servant's heart. I'd also like to hear Jeremy talk more about how great it is that she's meek.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

I wonder if we will get an "All About Jinger" episode?  I personally think Jinger is when the parents interest in their children started to wan

Jinger is left handed!

On the Internet, there are whole websites named after Jinger! ...Oh, wait ......

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Honestly, I found every single one of their "courtships" to be boring as hell. The weddings too.

a couple of months back our youngest son got married, a gorgeous wedding at beautiful barn along a creek bank. But the beautiful part about the wedding is they were in love, had been given the trust to get to know each other before this day came. We, along with her parents had done many things with them, out to eat, beach trips, etc. Did anything happen before marriage, I don't know and frankly don't care to know ;) we didn't encourage overnight trips just the two of them but had they chose that it was beyond our control, they are both in their early/mid twenties, college educated and good jobs. I'm not bragging, well yeah maybe a little bit, but you get my drift, let these kids/young adults get to know each other, find out what makes you attracted to them besides your dad is selling to the highest bidder, come on that's done at cattle auctions. 

Oh and about the wedding, there was bbq, macaroni, baked beans, potatoe salad & chicken fingers. Get this, we all sat down to a nice dinner, INSIDE....not in a parking lot :) sorry but there receptions, or lack there of just throws me for a loop.

Edited by Whyyouneedaname
eta
  • Love 4

Sounds like a nice wedding and it reflects the normalcy of most people's experiences...couple getting to know each other...in love.,.tasteful ceremony and reception...and no big production about purity (it was their choice and their business whether that was the case or not )...not a pair of childults who had to get married just so they could kiss. 

The next Duggar wedding will be the same as before...tacky...tacky...tacky...

Jim Boob has no class...

• Love 1
2 hours ago, flyingdi said:

Jinger is left handed!

This my be one of my favorite comments ever.  After all, once you reach a certain point, that's about all Jim Boob and Mechelle can say about any of their kids (except the most special, counter-licking blessing).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

a couple of months back our youngest son got married, a gorgeous wedding at beautiful barn along a creek bank. But the beautiful part about the wedding is they were in love, had been given the trust to get to know each other before this day came. We, along with her parents had done many things with them, out to eat, beach trips, etc. Did anything happen before marriage, I don't know and frankly don't care to know ;) we didn't encourage overnight trips just the two of them but had they chose that it was beyond our control, they are both in their early/mid twenties, college educated and good jobs. I'm not bragging, well yeah maybe a little bit, but you get my drift, let these kids/young adults get to know each other, find out what makes you attracted to them besides your dad is selling to the highest bidder, come on that's done at cattle auctions. 

Oh and about the wedding, there was bbq, macaroni, baked beans, potatoe salad & chicken fingers. Get this, we all sat down to a nice dinner, INSIDE....not in a parking lot :) sorry but there receptions, or lack there of just throws me for a loop.

And your families managed to put on what sounds like a very nice reception without Sierra, the Wedding Planner™   I'm sure the Wedding planning will  be stretched to fill up a few episodes  & will include Joy, the Assistant to the Wedding Planner.  Why can't they just  have a nice tasteful wedding in one of the glass churches? 

ETA:  Congratulations - you have every right to be a proud Mom.  

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Why can't they just  have a nice tasteful wedding in one of the glass churches? 

They won't be able to invite fifteen hundred people they've barely met, post registries that total over $30K in goods (restocking the TTH is high on their list), and turn their wedding into a profit center.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

They won't be able to invite fifteen hundred people they've barely met, post registries that total over $30K in goods (restocking the TTH is high on their list), and turn their wedding into a profit center.

This. These weddings are nothing more than a gift grab. When you're registering for multiples of things you really only need one of (i.e., vacuums, blenders, irons etc.) it doesn't take a genius to figure out where the overflow ends up. 

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

I hope this is the first wedding that produces collector's plates.

6a00d8341cafa853ef0115703f01b6970b-200wi

• Love 5

Ok wait now. They invite huge amounts of people to their weddings and don't feed them a dinner, ok I guess, but then these same guests are SUPPOSED TO GIVE A GIFT??? You don't get a meal and you are still giving them a gift?  huh??

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Ok wait now. They invite huge amounts of people to their weddings and don't feed them a dinner, ok I guess, but then these same guests are SUPPOSED TO GIVE A GIFT??? You don't get a meal and you are still giving them a gift?  huh??

Oh, but what could be better than getting to watch a pure Duggar virgin get her very first kiss ever in front of the whole church and Tee Vee audience? Pay for the privilege by gifting them you must! (Channeling Yoda).

• Love 2
6 hours ago, flyingdi said:

Jinger is left handed!

On the subject of how they describe their kids, I was watching the first specials and watching Michelle trying to describe the 14 children she had at that point was just awful and incredibly sad.

Josh - first born leader, strong initiative
Jana - can manage a household
John - sweet, loving, laid back, easy going, gentle boy
Jill - likes things just so, keeps her clothes clean and neat
Jessa Blessa - Ball of energy, one that will set the world on fire
Jinger - a giver, she likes to give, she is also our talker she loves to talk
Joseph - He's a leader, but kind of quiet
Josiah -- comedian
Joyanna - little mommy
Jeremiah - laid back
Jed - expresses himself more out than Jeremiah
Jason - he's a big boy now
James - very busy
Justin - mellow

My favourite is her description of Jason... but all of them are bad, even the older ones

• Love 7
2 hours ago, larfs said:

On the subject of how they describe their kids, I was watching the first specials and watching Michelle trying to describe the 14 children she had at that point was just awful and incredibly sad.

Josh - first born leader, strong initiative
Jana - can manage a household
John - sweet, loving, laid back, easy going, gentle boy
Jill - likes things just so, keeps her clothes clean and neat
Jessa Blessa - Ball of energy, one that will set the world on fire
Jinger - a giver, she likes to give, she is also our talker she loves to talk
Joseph - He's a leader, but kind of quiet
Josiah -- comedian
Joyanna - little mommy
Jeremiah - laid back
Jed - expresses himself more out than Jeremiah
Jason - he's a big boy now
James - very busy
Justin - mellow

My favourite is her description of Jason... but all of them are bad, even the older ones

It's like she just pulled adjectives out of a hat.  Jessa's description cracked me up, 'set the world on fire. ' . Yeah,  okay.  

• Love 1