Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

For someone who is courting, she certainly has looked sad, thin and fragile this year. 

I think Jill is loon and so is Derick BUT those two looked super happy courting together and were always smiling. I have to admit, Jill was radiating joy during their courtship.  Contrast that with Jinger who looks like she is about to cry at any moment. 

And now the Holy Goalie is on a tabloid...

Wonder if Jim bob knew this about Jeremy?  Or did Jeremy cover up the tat and the arrest...sorta like Jim Bob covered up for Joshie????

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Marigold said:

For someone who is courting, she certainly has looked sad, thin and fragile this year. 

I think Jill is loon and so is Derick BUT those two looked super happy courting together and were always smiling. I have to admit, Jill was radiating joy during their courtship.  Contrast that with Jinger who looks like she is about to cry at any moment. 

And now the Holy Goalie is on a tabloid...

Wonder if Jim bob knew this about Jeremy?  Or did Jeremy cover up the tat and the arrest...sorta like Jim Bob covered up for Joshie????

Maybe JB has doubts and reservations but Jinger is actually into the guy, and threatened to elope, a la Jessa. Maybe Jinger really is the stealth rebel that we hoped for so long ago, and who inspired freejinger. Hey, I can hope. 

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Maybe JB has doubts and reservations but Jinger is actually into the guy, and threatened to elope, a la Jessa. Maybe Jinger really is the stealth rebel that we hoped for so long ago, and who inspired freejinger. Hey, I can hope. 

Yeah, I'm with you - he may be an erstwhile bad boy but considering the other spouses, at least he's got some vigor and a discernible personality outside of milquetoast.  Maybe Jimboob knows he'd suit Jinger better than a dullard.

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I have never heard that issue come up in any church or teaching so I can't say with certainty. I also did not grow up with anything like Gothard. There is IFB and then there is freak show Gothard level crazy. 

There was a family in my former church in which the father molested his daughter for almost 20 years.

If Kim Jong Boob and Dairy Queen didn't blame the girls, they'd actually have to admit that they are failures as parents. It's a good thing Gothard agrees with them!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

I'm feeling super sad for Jinger right about now. Is this the BEST that God could have done for her?

Well, Esther Keller got John Shrader. I rest my case.

Maybe Crazy Gothardy God doesn't have a very good selection. And they should try shopping in another store.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Or maybe she's the female equivalent of "Captain Save-a-Ho" and thinks she's the one who is going to keep Jeremy on the straight-and-narrow.

Seriously though, dude looks like he's got a hair trigger temper.  But then again, if I was out in public with a someone dressed like Ben (or, well, Ben) I would probably look like someone just waved a cat turd under my nose too.  

And I can't help but think *allllll* of his conversational skills revolve around God or soccer.  

• Love 5

I read this on another site & thought it was worth repeating.  People were wondering how long it will take one of Jer's former loves to do a "tell all"with one of the magazines like InTouch.

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

I read this on another site & thought it was worth repeating.  People were wondering how long it will take one of Jer's former loves to do a "tell all"with one of the magazines like InTouch.

Yes, please! Because while I would like this situation to be good for Jinger, I want her going in with full disclosure. (Plus she can use it for a bargaining chip over the years. Not sure if I am kidding...)

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, Marigold said:

I have never heard that issue come up in any church or teaching so I can't say with certainty. I also did not grow up with anything like Gothard. There is IFB and then there is freak show Gothard level crazy. 

But jessa and Jill snagged pure guys. granted, that was before everyone knew about josh. But I feel like Jinger is disgraced or less than in her world. Add in the arrest and the tattoo? 

Can you hear Jessa saying "so, what's it like having hey, hey, hey with a guy who has given away pieces of his heart?" . Well, at least Jinger will have Anna to help answer that question. 

No doubt, a good many of the IFB churches (except those with super looney pastors) would say she was blameless as she was only a child who had no idea what was happening to her. She was what 7 or 9  when Joshie started messing with her, if she was one of his victims. Poor tiny Jinger, she really does look like a wraith. I hope Jeremy hasn't fat shamed her in any way. Italian men typically like their women to have something to love.

I really hope that this guy is great and Jinger is totally into him. I like Jinger more than Jessa, jill and Anna.I want her to find a great guy and live a normal life. But why does she look so darn sad, thin and cry so easily? That is not the signs of a happy girl in love. Red Flags waving for me. Unfortunately. 

Another thought: Yuck. I hope Jeremy isn't all into this "pure, virgin bride" thing like in a creepy way. Deflowering his young bride...I feel nauseous. he is 28 and has lived a normal life. 

I wonder if it's embarrassing to have your virginity (of  the Duggar kidult females)  discussed publically like that? I'm sure many of us were virgins and many of us weren't.  But that's private information between two lovers/spouses/partners. I never felt it embarrassed Jill or Jessa. In fact, i think they felt good about it.  Jinger has lately been looking like she wants to crawl under a rock and hide. Or cry. 

I hope we see Jinger smiling and looking happy soon. So far, nothing too convincing.   

• Love 13

I hope we see Jinger smiling and looking happy soon. So far, nothing too convincing.   

You just guaranteed it!

i assume the former lover would be a woman. You never know with exgay supporters.

• Love 7

Jessa was never googly over Bin, however that situation didn't bother me because I felt like she was the one in control of that courtship. She played Boob like a fiddle to get her freedom and Bin doesn't dominate her. However with Jinger, she looks like a lamb being led to the slaughter. She doesn't look emotionally or physically healthy at all. Jinger needs a good therapist, not a husband.

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Jessa was never googly over Bin, however that situation didn't bother me because I felt like she was the one in control of that courtship. She played Boob like a fiddle to get her freedom and Bin doesn't dominate her. However with Jinger, she looks like a lamb being led to the slaughter. She doesn't look emotionally or physically healthy at all. Jinger needs a good therapist, not a husband.

My thoughts exactly. 

Jessa is not a lovey dovey person but she didn't look like she was having a break-down. Jill actually looked truly happy.

Jinger just looks so darn fragile and sadness in her eyes.  She was once a reasonably happy girl...she was often seen smiling and clowning around. Now? Certainly has changed quite a bit and the timeline fits around when all the Vile Josh info came out. 

Jill and Jessa probably weathered the Vile Josh media storm because they were married etc. Poor Jinger looks like she was completely undone by Vile Josh. 

• Love 6

If she reads these posts, she's probably sad to hear people trashing her family all the time. Even though they're sheltered, they have to know that people really find Josh and their parents vile.  Add the shame that Josh brought upon the family...

I think I would be about to crack having to read about private things about me discussed, my every move dissected, and my next one speculated upon. Jill and Jessa might be famewhores, but I don't think our Jing is.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Yes, please! Because while I would like this situation to be good for Jinger, I want her going in with full disclosure. (Plus she can use it for a bargaining chip over the years. Not sure if I am kidding...)

ITA perhaps Jinger will wake up to not having to settle.

3 hours ago, Barb23 said:

And the other site is already planning her wedding, they picked out her possible dress, bridesmaid dresses and groom's cake. We are seriously behind! lol

2 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

ITA Jinger shouldn't have to settle for someone that has given up pieces of his heart vs. her that has to be one and done. 

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

If she reads these posts, she's probably sad to hear people trashing her family all the time.

If the posts here make Jinger sad, then she shouldn't come here to read them.  If she wants lovey-dovey stuff about her family, stick with the Duggar Fan sites.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, Lemur said:

Or maybe she's the female equivalent of "Captain Save-a-Ho" and thinks she's the one who is going to keep Jeremy on the straight-and-narrow.

Seriously though, dude looks like he's got a hair trigger temper.  But then again, if I was out in public with a someone dressed like Ben (or, well, Ben) I would probably look like someone just waved a cat turd under my nose too.  

And I can't help but think *allllll* of his conversational skills revolve around God or soccer.  

This bears repeating. A thousand times. He's such a sanctimonious shit. 

eta: I posted a dress possibility on FJ. The file was too big for PTV standards, but it was a cute, semi form-fitting, lacy dress with a cute belt. I found it from the same designer Jessa got her dress from. No alterations necessary. Hell, if I still had my wedding body, I would have rocked that dress, too! It would be perfect for Jinger's slim frame. No princessy ballgown shit for that girl! 

If you go to FJ to look at that thread, my pic is pretty early on, maybe page 3. I'm marmalade. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3

I'm convinced that the other sister Josh molested was Jinger not Jana based on this so-called courtship with Jeremy. How Jana managed to escape Josh's advances is beyond me.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

This bears repeating. A thousand times. He's such a sanctimonious shit. 

eta: I posted a dress possibility on FJ. The file was too big for PTV standards, but it was a cute, semi form-fitting, lacy dress with a cute belt. I found it from the same designer Jessa got her dress from. No alterations necessary. Hell, if I still had my wedding body, I would have rocked that dress, too! It would be perfect for Jinger's slim frame. No princessy ballgown shit for that girl! 

If you go to FJ to look at that thread, my pic is pretty early on, maybe page 3. I'm marmalade. 

Page 4.  It is a lovely dress and I can see her in it.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ariel said:

If the posts here make Jinger sad, then she shouldn't come here to read them.  If she wants lovey-dovey stuff about her family, stick with the Duggar Fan sites.

Maybe Jin is sad because she had an epiphany and realized this is it; this is all there is in her life.....

• Love 3
On June 26, 2016 at 2:20 PM, tabloidlover said:

Sounds like a nightmare.  I would not be joyfully available for that nonsense.  I would imagine there is no lubrication and that would have to be so painful.  And none of the Duggar spouses look like they have any idea what to do in the sack, so there's that as well. 

This is key to me as well. The Duggar males - I won't refer to them as men - in fact fundie males in general quite probably, haven't Clue One about what to do. Not really. As evidenced by Me-chelle's accidentally-hilarious "It won't take long..." comment to one of her girls a few years back.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Prerequisite for Calvinism. No wonder he and Ben hit it off. Talk about two absolute drags on any party. Would YOU like to be fellowshipping with these guys and backed into a corner only to be told that you're going to hell? 

They've been around for a long time now. I went to Bible college, which was lousy with them. I also live in an area that dealt with the fallout of another Calvinist and his cult -- oops, church. The men from that church (and I use that term loosely) can't figure out why women don't want to be crushed under their boot heel. Of COURSE that's what God wants! Complete and total obedience to one's complementarian husband! (I know that most of you have probably already figured out why Bin and his new buddy the Holy Goalie think this is such a great idea.)

Jinger is going to spend the rest of her life listening to her husband's bullshit, too. I am so sorry for her.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, sometimesy said:

I'm not concerned that a drunk 20 year old grabbed a cop when his friend was getting arrested. Not concerned that he was thrown in the slammer overnight. There is no long history of this stuff. Sounds like 20 year old shenanigans to me. 

Jinger isn't settling because Jeremy had consensual sex with people, she doesn't need sympathy.  She probably has the most 'normal' beau imo. Jeremy didn't lose pieces of his heart. That's all bullshit. His heart is still intact and he has some life experience. Big deal. 

It's just sad that they guy is looking back on his high-school and college as a lesson on what 'not to do' and that he preaches hateful crap. That's the part of Jeremy I don't like. In that way he is no different from Bin or Derelict. 

I was gonna say, to me clearly Jeremy appears an overweening sinner like Sierra was an overweening sinner.  A little wild, but perfectly understandable wild of a type of experience lots of people underwent in their formative years.  I'm not seeing de Sade here.

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, queenanne said:

I was gonna say, to me clearly Jeremy appears an overweening sinner like Sierra was an overweening sinner.  A little wild, but perfectly understandable wild of a type of experience lots of people underwent in their formative years.  I'm not seeing de Sade here.

What bothers me about him -- and the rest of them who say similar stuff -- is that he at least seems to think that he was some overweening sinner and now he's storming around his little church trying to stomp out what he (apparently) sees as huge evil in himself and everybody else. Since they have no judgment about what constitutes real evil and what's a big deal and what isn't, I question how much judgment they have about other important stuff. Their thinking is all out of proportion. (not that he's any different from any Duggar at all, in this, of course.)

• Love 9
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

What bothers me about him -- and the rest of them who say similar stuff -- is that he at least seems to think that he was some overweening sinner and now he's storming around his little church trying to stomp out what he (apparently) sees as huge evil in himself and everybody else. Since they have no judgment about what constitutes real evil and what's a big deal and what isn't, I question how much judgment they have about other important stuff. Their thinking is all out of proportion. (not that he's any different from any Duggar at all, in this, of course.)

See, now I feel like that makes him a good match for Jinger.  Also not convinced this separates him from many Christians who are perfectly fine, if deluded, people about their prior experiences; or who enjoy talking it up so that they seem like a dramatic success story for the power of Christ's transforming capabilities.

Time will tell, of course, but I am just so used to these types of eye-rolly proclamations from church kids that one over exaggerating his badness to look like a BMOC just doesn't register.  They could be destroying families left and right behind closed doors, for all I know; that's where my experience and knowledge dies out somewhat, the reality of their family lives.  To compare, I feel like the likes of, for example, TDFW, saying what an irredeemable sinner he was at age 4 is nothing more than "Aw.  Aren't you cute, thinking you know what bad-mindedness is."  I see that more like a harmless silly affectation, irrespective of any character flaws the speakers may or may not have as an adult.  

Also, now that I think about it, growing up in the fundamentalist church there might have been a tendency to over exaggerate one's badness simply because you want to stand out; and suspect and/or know the near-entirety of the rest of the congregation of your peers will be comprised of the "I lisped the Sinner's Prayer at mah momma's knee at age 36 months, because she wanted to be sure to cram me through the doors of heaven before Ah could grow old enough to even consider saying no!" types of reprobates.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, queenanne said:

See, now I feel like that makes him a good match for Jinger.  Also not convinced this separates him from many Christians who are perfectly fine, if deluded, people about their prior experiences; or who enjoy talking it up so that they seem like a dramatic success story for the power of Christ's transforming capabilities.

Time will tell, of course, but I am just so used to these types of eye-rolly proclamations from church kids that one over exaggerating his badness to look like a BMOC just doesn't register.  They could be destroying families left and right behind closed doors, for all I know; that's where my experience and knowledge dies out somewhat, the reality of their family lives.  To compare, I feel like the likes of, for example, TDFW, saying what an irredeemable sinner he was at age 4 is nothing more than "Aw.  Aren't you cute, thinking you know what bad-mindedness is."  I see that more like a harmless silly affectation, irrespective of any character flaws the speakers may or may not have as an adult.  

Also, now that I think about it, growing up in the fundamentalist church there might have been a tendency to over exaggerate one's badness simply because you want to stand out; and suspect and/or know the near-entirety of the rest of the congregation of your peers will be comprised of the "I lisped the Sinner's Prayer at mah momma's knee at age 36 months, because she wanted to be sure to cram me through the doors of heaven before Ah could grow old enough to even consider saying no!" types of reprobates.

Well, they certainly are matched in that way. You definitely have a point there. I also think that you're probably right that none of this talk really means much to quite a few of the people who talk it -- won't drive them nuts or anything and is just kind of pro forma, the sort of thing that everybody says in your community.

I think my leeriness comes from happening to know a couple of people who "strayed" a bit and then went back to the "I'm a miserable sinner" thing as heavily "reformed sinners" and then really went off the rails later, with drinking and apparently-out-of-the-blue angry divorces. My completely-without-basis diagnosis has always been that their prodigal-son returns were somehow related to self-condemnation and a lack of proper perspective on what's unforgivably bad and what isn't, and so on. Obviously, I could be dead wrong about that being the problem! Anyway, there's something in Jeremy's vibe -- and Jinger's, actually -- that makes me feel as if they'd be in danger of similar meltdowns .... Like, maybe, they take the "I'm a miserable sinner" stuff too seriously, maybe? Brood on it and feel angry about it in ways that maybe other people don't? But, of course, this is even more without basis than what I imagine about the people I actually know! .... Anyway, I hope they aren't this way and that they actually are matched. .....

• Love 4
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, they certainly are matched in that way. You definitely have a point there. I also think that you're probably right that none of this talk really means much to quite a few of the people who talk it -- won't drive them nuts or anything and is just kind of pro forma, the sort of thing that everybody says in your community.

I think my leeriness comes from happening to know a couple of people who "strayed" a bit and then went back to the "I'm a miserable sinner" thing as heavily "reformed sinners" and then really went off the rails later, with drinking and apparently-out-of-the-blue angry divorces. My completely-without-basis diagnosis has always been that their prodigal-son returns were somehow related to self-condemnation and a lack of proper perspective on what's unforgivably bad and what isn't, and so on. Obviously, I could be dead wrong about that being the problem! Anyway, there's something in Jeremy's vibe -- and Jinger's, actually -- that makes me feel as if they'd be in danger of similar meltdowns .... Like, maybe, they take the "I'm a miserable sinner" stuff too seriously, maybe? Brood on it and feel angry about it in ways that maybe other people don't? But, of course, this is even more without basis than what I imagine about the people I actually know! .... Anyway, I hope they aren't this way and that they actually are matched. .....

Fair enough points about the people you know as exemplars; and I agree!  Jeremy could be one of those scary "over-legalized" pharisaical types; though I am hoping for the best as I really like little citified-life-craving Jinger.

I imagine, it must also be challenging, though, to carve out a niche for yourself as a minister without you've got something unique about yourself.  My parents' church currently has a pastor who was a local boy with one of those wholesome all-American local boy pasts, and on the few occasions I hear his sermons I always think to myself, "what kind of personal illustrations is HE going to have handy to draw parallels to the parable of the Prodigal Son/Samson with that evil hussy Delilah/etc.?"  It may be tempting to overstate your wickedness so that you don't bore people with your message of hope, unity, harmony, married at 22 to your high school sweetheart down by the fishing hole.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, JoanArc said:

i assume the former lover would be a woman. You never know with exgay supporters.

I'd prefer that Jinger does not get her heart broken, but...

Would it be wrong to pray that one or more of his "former lovers" were guys? Please? I just want to see the look on Kim Jong Boob's face when his head explodes. Imagine the effect of all that Aqua-Net, too!

• Love 4

I am hoping she is happy, maybe her unhappiness stemmed from having to hide she was in a relationship to prolong the show?  Knowing she had to wait until Dumbass Daddy said it could be announced and working on his time and not being able to enjoy her time in the open like the others did

• Love 2

Jinger seemed pretty happy when she was being coy about how far she would have to travel for a courtship, she seemed pretty smiley when faking a car flipping career. She tears up for her sister's wedding, when discussing the molestation, and the moment she realized she was a sinner (which seems par for the course with these folks) seems like a reasonable range to me. She looks like a fan of this guy. Like she is so nervous that he is out of her stratosphere or something. But just like everyone else, my observations are likely not even close to the whole story. That's why we meet here haha. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

Would it be wrong to pray that one or more of his "former lovers" were guys? Please? I just want to see the look on Kim Jong Boob's face when his head explodes. Imagine the effect of all that Aqua-Net, too!

I am right there with ya.  I am always suspicious when a newly uber religious person starts preaching about the evils of da gays.  Whatcha hiding?  Seems like they have enough evil right under their noses with Josh being in the vicinity.  Diddling little sisters is apparently just curiosity but being gay must be exorcised.  If douchelord Josh is allowed around kids at this point they have learned nothing.  If he were related to me he would not be allowed around anyone I loved.  I don't have forgiveness in my heart no matter how many fires they walked through.

• Love 12
22 hours ago, ariel said:

I wasn't speaking about our forum. We are much kinder to the Duggars than many other gossip/news sites are. Leghumper fan sites will smite anyone who says anything remotely negative.

10 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

I am hoping she is happy, maybe her unhappiness stemmed from having to hide she was in a relationship to prolong the show?  Knowing she had to wait until Dumbass Daddy said it could be announced and working on his time and not being able to enjoy her time in the open like the others did

Now that spin wouldn't surprise me. Jinger was always much less famewhorish than Blessa or Muffy. She seemed like she enjoyed getting to have a secret.

• Love 3

They will be no "good" Fundy guy. Fundies are taught some pretty bad messages. Take away his Fundiness and I bet a lot of young ladies would think Jeremy is a good catch. Soccer player, handsome,normal college-age behavior ...

If he is a nice guy with respect for Jinger, then I think she's got the best one yet.

• Love 13

Lord help me, I clicked on my RU email from my Livestream subscription from the good ole days. Cisco is preaching. At least he seems to have a sweet spirit. Yeah, his body sucks, but at least he doesn't bully cops. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I think this relationship is doomed in a big way. He doesn't seem like Jinger's type. They don't "fit" each other.  I think Jinger would be happy with a musician or artist rather than a Jock.  I get controlling vibes from Jeremy.  

Edited by Joe Jitsu913
Grammar and shit.
  • Love 3

I'm pleasantly surprised that Jinger isn't on social media yet.  I feel like people really started to turn on Jill and Jessa when they were finally allowed to open their mouths.  Jinger still has people looking out for her and hoping for the best; I'm afraid that'll change if she starts posting and people don't like what she has to say!

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

I'm pleasantly surprised that Jinger isn't on social media yet.  I feel like people really started to turn on Jill and Jessa when they were finally allowed to open their mouths.  Jinger still has people looking out for her and hoping for the best; I'm afraid that'll change if she starts posting and people don't like what she has to say!

That's true, but it's really only a matter of time. I think that people on this board are very supportive of the kids and are really hopeful that they will blossom when set free of the TTH. The reality has been -- so far at least -- that once they have an opportunity to express themselves, they have shown themselves to be as bad as, or even worse than, their parents. 

I have to confess that I was developing a bit of a soft spot for Josh before the scandals hit. Obviously, I don't agree with his politics, but I kind of sensed that he and Anna were beginning to pull away and form their own lives. At that time, I really thought it was possible that he would eventually become his own man with his own beliefs. It's pretty much impossible to like the guy now.

Jessa and Ben are so filled with black-hearted hatred for humanity that it's almost comical. There is nothing about their indolent lifestyle that admirable, and they just seem to dig themselves deeper into a hole with every self-absorbed FB post or ridiculous FB rant.

Apparently, both Jill and Derick are stupid, as well as naive and lazy. 

According to their rules, Jinger should have her own social media accounts now. I find it hard to imagine that any of these people ever learn from their mistakes, but maybe they are trying to prevent a backlash against her by not allowing her to post endlessly about her own sinful nature -- or whatever it is that she would post that would force us all to admit that she's not the person that we hoped she might be.

• Love 12
On 6/29/2016 at 9:32 PM, Fuzzysox said:

I'm feeling super sad for Jinger right about now. Is this the BEST that God could have done for her? These girls are told to wait for the one but is he really what she wants or is she being forced by everyone around her because she feels like damaged goods!? UGH it really tugs at my heartstrings that these poor girls have NO choice. None. They have to be one and done. I hope she is truly happy with what God has put in front of her. I don't see her being able to say NO I'm not going to marry him because Boob has $$$$$$ in his head.

You are right about there being no choice. This whole thing feels contrived. They have to take the person that Jim Bob puts in front of them. I don't buy it when JB says it's their choice to accept the courtship or not and I don't think any of them would say no to an engagement for fear of backlash from their father.

On 6/30/2016 at 9:28 PM, Missy Vixen said:

No, it would not be wrong but I don't think it would make her walk away from them. It would just give them another storyline: I prayed the gay away and you can, too. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Late to the party....

Go Jinger!  She landed the only spouse that has the ability to live free from Jim Bob's teet/control.

Well, sort of, but Derick theoretically has the ability.

To me we've still got two big questions:  Why doesn't Derick use the job-procuring ability he has to establish a home and life for his family where he's not entertaining JB and M every 20 minutes? And will Jeremy have whatever Derick lacks that's apparently also required to evade Boob's overwhelming influence?

On the one hand, Jeremy's life seems to have been more independent and he looks tougher than Derick. On the other hand, he seems to have been hanging out with Boob and the boys quite a bit for over a year now -- so he doesn't look to have pried Jinger apart from her family at all as of yet, which I would take to be a really good sign of somebody's potential independence. Plus, as with Derick and Bin, his "ministry" ambitions make me wonder whether he, too, is at least partly courting a Duggarling so the Duggar sheen (hard to believe they still have it, but apparently...) will rub off and raise his "ministry's" fortunes. If he does want to ride the Duggars' coattails, that doesn't argue that he'll be very independent, especially if JB exerts any pressure against it, which he 100 percent will.

It'll be nice if he launches Jinger into independence, but I think the jury is way out still.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

Late to the party....

Go Jinger!  She landed the only spouse that has the ability to live free from Jim Bob's teet/control.

One hopes, but that depends.  I find it hard, for example (though not impossible), to think that anybody is paying Jeremy to pastor that church in Laredo.  It might very well be volunteer.  He has the tools however, it seems - maybe in a FU Internetz moment, he will coach athletics.

• Love 3