Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, leighdear said:

Jing is smokin' Jill in the extra-long hair game.  And I also think her shades look great.

Jing has got the locks smooth, blonded nicely and styled on point, whereas Jill just looks like she's got 20 pounds of shredded hemp draped over her skull.

Game, set and match to Mrs. Vuolo. 

I think jin’s hair is a fried mess 

i dont think it looks smooth or healthy, just filtered

FFS a food crawl. 

My eyeballs are going to detach from rolling back every time I see another wanker post from Jerm

• LOL 5
  • Love 12

My area does arranged food crawls in communities with downtown areas. A set amount of restaurants opt in and tickets are sold. The menus are pre-picked. It's more like 'a taste of' as none of the restaurants serve full meals for ticket buyers. It's still not cheap, but it's a fun experience to do with friends.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

How much longer is Jinger going to be able to carry Felicity around with her? I doubt as she get heavier that Jing will be able to carry and restrain her to sit on her lap while they 'socialize' with hipster friends? Carting a stroller everywhere is not practical. Is Jinger EVER without her baby fastened to her hip?

• Love 5

I don't think Jinger is always holding or carrying Felicity just holding her for the pictures.  She is probably running around or playing with a toy when the camera is off.  In my area, it's not uncommon to see babies and toddlers out with their parents at the local brewery.   I was at one the other night with my sister and her kids.   Felicity is not the only kid out at these locations,  just the only kid with their group.

• Love 8

Jeremy in his tight shorts posing with vegetation is seriously the worst picture of him I've seen. He physically looks uncomfortable and greasy, plus the obvious posing for the camera is beyond pretentious. 

As much as I like pictures of happy Felicity, I think this is something that would be more fun for Jinger without the added burden of an active baby.

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Jeremy in his tight shorts posing with vegetation is seriously the worst picture of him I've seen. He physically looks uncomfortable and greasy, plus the obvious posing for the camera is beyond pretentious. 

Plus, I'm struck by the weird skeptical look he's giving the coffee cup.

That look doesn't scream -- This place is truly the best.

So it seems like not-so-good advertisement for the coffee place.....If I were trying to be an influencer, I'd think I needed to choose (or take) another shot that sent a more positive message to keep my influencer status going....

Of course, as you said, JIngle was probably too busy wrestling Felicity to worry about that. I can't imagine going on that expedition with a one-year-old. Even if I weren't also trying to take advertising photos and post them along the way. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I think Jeremy is our prosperity gospel guy. He thinks he's blessed enough to become rich off of religion and is doing what he can to make it happen. 

His in-laws did okay at it, in their own way, with a lot less effort than J & J.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

His in-laws did okay at it, in their own way, with a lot less effort than J & J.

Pumping out a couple dozen kids is effort in my opinion, but M&JB exploited their little blessings successfully. That would be a level of desperation for Jeremy. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, BradandJanet said:

Pumping out a couple dozen kids is effort in my opinion, but M&JB exploited their little blessings successfully. That would be a level of desperation for Jeremy. 

One could argue the last 5 were for prosperity. The first dozen for idiotic beliefs. 

• Love 17
34 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yep. And one of the big reasons why I despise reality tv!

Without that, the Duggarlings would've continued to eat the food neighbors left on the porch. And chances are fairly good, I think, that some of them would have begun to question how things were going in the house and in the cult and then begun to think a little bit and eventually see at least some of the light. 

And it's only fear that the consequences will be just so damaging to their "reputations" that they won't be able to continue that keeps the TeeVee networks from presenting prettied up versions of even worse stuff as "entertainment" and "cute" shows about, for example, a billion kids in a sick situation with nutso parents. 

How many child abusers and other felons has TLC alone given prettified little shows to by now -- before those people's really crap deeds came out?

So what was a little brainwashing, gaslighting, misogyny, spiritual abuse and depriving kids of educational opportunity as committed by JB, M and Gothard? Heck, that one was so benign it really was a golden fantasy! Compared to some of the others, that is.

And now we get to sit around and bash those kids as if they're the ones responsible for growing up into the confused adults they are.

Now all the "fans" of their "cute" little show that gave JB and M a bunch of money to take beach vacations with viciously snark on the Duggarlings as if they're somehow responsible for their warped minds. Everybody can say, "Well, I'm a person who doesn't do the crap that Jessa and Jill (Ewww!) and Josiah (Gross! Jazz hands!) do! So obviously they can just "get over it," too. They're so awful!" ......

But reality tv and JB, M and Gothard did the damage that made those kids "snarkworthy." And that kind of shit is a lot harder to "just get over" than virtually anybody thinks. 

And JB and M got paid for it. And almost certainly kept most of the cash they "earned" by various forms of psychological child abuse, in my opinion. 

I guess if some adult wants to put its private life on tv for gawking we shouldn't try to stop them. So if Jer wants to do it -- and would leave his kids 100 percent out of it -- then he should be able to have his show, if he can get one. 

But there really oughta be a law -- though there never will be -- declaring that you can't make your family's living by sticking your minor children on reality TeeVee. TLC, JB and M "earned" all their money by warping kids and packaging it as "cute" entertainment so they could further delude the masses.

And they even caused the abuse to spread further. From 2008 onward, Gothard's cult gained the vast majority of their new members because people "admired" the fucking Duggars on Teevee, according to people who worked at Gothard headquarters. 

Rant mode off. Until next time. Which will almost certainly not be too long from now! 😱😀

I want to "like" this and cry at the same time. I wish we could use two emojis although that would be confusing.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Yep. And one of the big reasons why I despise reality tv!

Without that, the Duggarlings would've continued to eat the food neighbors left on the porch. And chances are fairly good, I think, that some of them would have begun to question how things were going in the house and in the cult and then begun to think a little bit and eventually see at least some of the light. 

And it's only fear that the consequences will be just so damaging to their "reputations" that they won't be able to continue that keeps the TeeVee networks from presenting prettied up versions of even worse stuff as "entertainment" and "cute" shows about, for example, a billion kids in a sick situation with nutso parents. 

How many child abusers and other felons has TLC alone given prettified little shows to by now -- before those people's really crap deeds came out?

So what was a little brainwashing, gaslighting, misogyny, spiritual abuse and depriving kids of educational opportunity as committed by JB, M and Gothard? Heck, that one was so benign it really was a golden fantasy! Compared to some of the others, that is.

And now we get to sit around and bash those kids as if they're the ones responsible for growing up into the confused adults they are.

Now all the "fans" of their "cute" little show that gave JB and M a bunch of money to take beach vacations with viciously snark on the Duggarlings as if they're somehow responsible for their warped minds. Everybody can say, "Well, I'm a person who doesn't do the crap that Jessa and Jill (Ewww!) and Josiah (Gross! Jazz hands!) do! So obviously they can just "get over it," too. They're so awful!" ......

But reality tv and JB, M and Gothard did the damage that made those kids "snarkworthy." And that kind of shit is a lot harder to "just get over" than virtually anybody thinks. 

And JB and M got paid for it. And almost certainly kept most of the cash they "earned" by various forms of psychological child abuse, in my opinion. 

I guess if some adult wants to put its private life on tv for gawking we shouldn't try to stop them. So if Jer wants to do it -- and would leave his kids 100 percent out of it -- then he should be able to have his show, if he can get one. 

But there really oughta be a law -- though there never will be -- declaring that you can't make your family's living by sticking your minor children on reality TeeVee. TLC, JB and M "earned" all their money by warping kids and packaging it as "cute" entertainment so they could further delude the masses.

And they even caused the abuse to spread further. From 2008 onward, Gothard's cult gained the vast majority of their new members because people "admired" the fucking Duggars on Teevee, according to people who worked at Gothard headquarters. 

Rant mode off. Until next time. Which will almost certainly not be too long from now! 😱😀

This is one of the greatest comments that I’ve ever read on this or any other forum, IMO.  Thank you, ChurchHoney.  I’d give you a big ole frontal hug, if I could.

• Love 12

In Jeremy's insta story Jinger was hanging out with the guys while someone else was taking care of Felicity on a carousel, so she seems to have fun as well.

I think Jinger looks great. I love her style (especially the shades!!) and I also think her hair looks great.

As someone who suffers from IBS I am so jealous of people who can enjoy a food crawl. I would love to be able to do something like that.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

A lot of mutual ass kissing going on there. I mean Jeremy, not poor Felicity.

Ditto for Mahoney and Gabby&Cade. 

Wonder what the guy's deal is? Is it his special assignment from JM to make sure Jer&Jingle and Cade&Gabby attach themselves to JM's institutions for...whatever reason? So when he follows them around like a puppy he's just doing his job? 

Or does Mahoney also have some kind of addiction to reality-tv-people? He shows up with them on instagram and with that goofy smile on his face so often it's embarrassing.

'

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

We should just call the baby “the prop”. 😞

At least she’s a clean, well cared for prop who seems to be the apple of her parents’ eye, which is more than we can say for Jill’s kids. 

• Love 23
5 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

At least she’s a clean, well cared for prop who seems to be the apple of her parents’ eye, which is more than we can say for Jill’s kids. 

Don't believe everything you see on (heavily curated) social media.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Or does Mahoney also have some kind of addiction to reality-tv-people? He shows up with them on instagram and with that goofy smile on his face so often it's embarrassing.

'

Cade looks like a real tool here. No wonder he and RFP get along so well.

As for the hanger-on from their church, how can you treasure a friendship with people you just met? Those people are called new acquaintances. Seems to me it cheapens your actual friendships to "treasure" every interaction with someone who kisses your a$$..

Edited by jcbrown
  • LOL 2
  • Love 17
2 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Cade looks like a real tool here. No wonder he an RFP get along so well.

I wonder if our making fun of him last time has caused him to upgrade his look from Punchable Aunt Cade to Punchable Uncle Cade. 😉

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Cades hair is uneven. He needs a trim. But his face is punchable 🤣.

I mean seriously, paste pre-dye Jingle’s face over his, it’s her hair! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I mean seriously, paste pre-dye Jingle’s face over his, it’s her hair! 

He kinda favors Jinger in the face, too, except I really don't think Jinger's face is punchable looking like his is. But they almost look like they could be siblings. It's weird. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Zella said:

He kinda favors Jinger in the face, too, except I really don't think Jinger's face is punchable looking like his is. But they almost look like they could be siblings. It's weird. 

It’s like he’s trans-Jingle.

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

He has deep enough pockets and is generous?

His belt buckle is also too big.  I've lived in the South long enough to know that the bigger the belt buckle or pickup truck, the smaller the penis. 

That sounds like a whole lot of investigation! Better you than me! LOL

• LOL 4
On 8/24/2019 at 8:13 PM, GeeGolly said:

That is some awesome barista art on Jinger's coffee!

it's Felicity with a nice big regular even bow, no?  I'm extremely skeptical that I could draw anything on a cup in foam involving eyes, lol.

• Love 6

Mahoney is kind of like the master of ceremonies pastor at the church and official greeter of visitors.  He hosts a lot of the new member greeting and fellowship type stuff.  He seemed extremely outgoing to the point it made circulate away from him.

• Useful 10
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Does fellowship with all new members include an all day food crawl? 

It seems that some new members are more equal than others.

For real! Makes me think of Orwell: "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." 😉 

• LOL 2
  • Love 15

I wouldn't be able to survive an all day food crawl with Mahoney.  I haven't been back, but they do have a long list of activities going on there.  It might be a seminary activity offered to all first year MDiv students for them to get their families socializing.  Then again it could equally be something else entirely. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

One of my favorite quotes. This seemed to be the perfect scenario to bust it out.

It's one of mine too! I, um, have used that for graffiti before. 😂

2 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I wouldn't be able to survive an all day food crawl with Mahoney.  I haven't been back, but they do have a long list of activities going on there.  It might be a seminary activity offered to all first year MDiv students for them to get their families socializing.  Then again it could equally be something else entirely. 

That's interesting! So, in person he's really hard to take? Is it because he comes off as fake or is he obnoxiously earnest and chipper? 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Absolom said:

My BS meter was going off and the earnest and chipper was obnoxious both.  It made me want to run and hide.  I find that kind of person very tiring and stressful.  Pushy.

Thank you! And agreed 100%!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Does fellowship with all new members include an all day food crawl? 

It seems that some new members are more equal than others.

Thus the very long very critical WASC report that focuses on MacArthur's general behavior, apparent principles (or lack thereof) and approach to life, I guess.....Also the angry commentary around the internet about the favoritism, nepotism, bought-off board members and meanness-toward-non-favorites that JM also is said to foster among his whole crowd.

His patterns carry over from the schools to his church and vice versa, it seems, and some people I've read who attended the seminary seemed to see the church and the seminary as sort of one enterprise. Some write about having gone to leadership staff at Grace Church to seek support for stuff that was happening at the seminary and being told to go away and shut up....i.e., the same message they got from MacArthur at the seminary.

This particular piece of stupidity with Jer and Cade/Gabby is quite a commentary on the power and perceived power of social-media and television fame, seems to me.

The church has about 8,000 regularly attending members (according to the last official count I can find, from about 10 years ago) and the seminary has about 600 students. but these particular people are all over Mr. Welcome-In's instagram. And the thousands of other people who, in fact, bear the exact same relationships to Mahoney and MacArthur as these guys? Not so much.

Cade and Gabby at least have some musical talent and seem to have worked hard to make something out of that talent, at ages 23 and 19. The fawning still looks ridiculous, but you might think Mahoney's just a sucker for musicians or something. 

When you add Jer to the ass-constantly-kissed mix, though, you get the real story, I'm thinking.

Jer, at 31, is a person of pretty average talents and accomplishments. BUT he inherited from Jingle 600,000 social-media followers and a TeeVee show on its last legs but still with close to a million regular viewers. So it's ass-kissing time in the Valley. 

Jingle, of course, got the fame and followers by being dragooned as a kid onto a tv freakshow about arrogant, ignorant, stupid people with zero accomplishments and loon-crazy, idiotic abhorrent cult beliefs that encouraged them to have way more kids than they could afford or even know enough about to write personalized birthday wishes for. 

So that's where Jer's fame and followers come from. Nevertheless, the fame and followers are apparently so important that non-stop ass-kissing follows. 

And I expect Jer by now believes his ass is getting kissed because he's actually done something to deserve it. Because most of us would start to think that after a while, I imagine. Believing that when it's not true is probably not very good for your character in the long run. 

ELTA: Just got an email announcing a course for business owners and marketers on how to avoid losing money on influencer advertising. 😀

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 22
14 hours ago, Lunera said:

They posted a group shot on their stories. They were with the Mahoney's and another family. 

I noticed on this post by someone other than Jinger, Felicity's eyes don't look blue.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3