Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

Yep. I know the feeling!

If it's been a tiring day, I've found that doing Jingle's recipe but adding some canned clams or oysters, smoked salmon or fake crab to the eggs can sometimes win the egg-despiser over. (Only if the egg-despiser has low resistance that day, though...) 

I assume Jingle serves this to Jer, and if he goes along with it, then good for him, I say. 

My husband is a life long egg despiser! I have tried. 

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I think that's what annoys me about Jeremy. His inflated sense of self-importance is so undeserved. If it wasn't for Jinger, Jinger's family name and Jinger's TV fame, he'd still be in Laredo, doing baptisms in cattle troughs. I guess one could argue Jinger experienced a significant life upgrade thanks to him as well, but she doesn't come off like an arrogant try-hard. 

And I also have a feeling that Jeremy, although he loves Jinger, looks down on the Duggars and their ilk. The Duggars and their hero derp and flip flops are decidedly not the country club types!

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

I don't know Kim K became famous because of a sex tape, her ass and her mother.

If J & J found some creative manager they might make it as low level influencers.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

It's early days, of course. But "Duggar" still has a lot of horsepower as a "celebrity" draw. And I wonder where sufficient horsepower in the new direction is going to come from. I don't see it at this point. I doubt Jer's attracting a whole lot of followers by his own efforts. (Although it's perfectly possible he's attracting them in droves, I guess.

In the music world, this is known as a sophomore slump, would you produce a hit record on the first try, but then have difficulty producing anything else.  The second album is always the one everybody hates. 

3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

And I also have a feeling that Jeremy, although he loves Jinger, looks down on the Duggars and their ilk. The Duggars and their hero derp and flip flops are decidedly not the country club types!

To complement Jeremy, I will say it was marvelous how he conned con man Jim Bob out of a daughter with very little effort,  Then tossed aside  the rest of the Duggars the instant they became unprofitable, which was basically 10 seconds after the wedding. 

8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Not just money. Big shots.

Eloquent as always. It’s interesting seeing so many different families try so many different methods of gaining worldly power. Name one for the family that doesn’t really want it, and actively pursues it. There are many ways up the mountain.  The Duggers would be doing it in flip-flops, while Jeremy rides on the back of a Sherpa. 

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

(Oh dear God...)

It’s the Dillards we’re talking about, it would only be about 30 seconds long, and come with a bottle of brown lubricant that doubles as a post sex snack. 

Jer is the type who would check his phone in the middle of the festivities, like Paris did. 

• LOL 15
37 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't know Kim K became famous because of a sex tape, her ass and her mother.

If J & J found some creative manager they might make it as low level influencers.

When the sex tape comes out, my opinion will do a 180.

Ditto for the day Jer posts his new sermon, "Jesus loves you when you masturbate."

Either of those will be a game changer! 😈

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Meow25 said:

This is why I detest this kind of "faith".  As a Christian who believes and follows the words of Jesus having 14 million dollars is not ok.  It just isn't.  I'm a mainline Methodist and if God blesses abundantly, you GIVE abundantly.  Let's say you keep 1M of the 14M...how many people could you feed?  

The Duggars don't even know how far deep they're into the prosperity gospel...it's all about GETTING God's blessings whether it be in the form of ankle biters, or beautiful homes, or TV time....they think they GET because God LOVES them.  God CLEARLY states the opposite.  The need to re-read the BEattitudes.  UGH.  

I love Jimmy Carter and Fred Rodgers.  They are the modern American icons of our faith, IMO

I'm not even religious, and everything you said here makes sense to me. There's only so much money anyone could ever need, and once you get into the millions, any way you slice it more millions just seem as though they could be spread around to those who need some help.

• Love 20

I've heard that Rick Warren “reverse tithes”—gives 90% of his income to his church.  I know he also earns a fortune on his books, but at least he is walking the walk.   I don't see Jeremy ever being willing to give up the pocket squares or the meals to be willing to give up 90% of his income even if he earned $14M a year. 

• Love 24
9 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

This made me laugh for a very, very long time...the visuals are slaying me. 

“Here, somebody hold my fountain pen and my bespoke gold stamped leather Bible. Don’t DROP them! That’s mud, okay? Where was I...do you accept Christ as your personal SHIT don’t slop that stuff on my Gucci knockoffs! Cows drink out of this!!! Where was I...do you think these socks work with this sweater? Oh, sorry, forgot, you need to breathe, my bad...”

You win the internet today, @Oldernowiser! I choked laughing at this! 😂

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5

I'm also going to cut Jeremy some slack over Jake. I've known people with allergies who tried having a pet in the house, with mixed results. Some managed it, others didn't. People can like and enjoy dogs, cats, and other critters even if they are allergic and can't share a house with them.  

• Love 19

I'm an asthmatic who is allergic to cats and most dog breeds. We currently have a kitten because my nephew recused a newborn abandoned by it's mother in our backyard. Eventually this kitten will move on but for now the need to keep the kitten outweighs the allergy issue. 

• Love 10

I really, really hope they successfully rehomed Jake. If they did, good for them. Zero snark.

But it's so RFP to make himself into the long-suffered hero, bravely dealing with his allergies. AND he doesn’t say anything about how they miss him. And it’s so Duggaresque to embellish just a tad too much.

I’m a pet fanatic (at one point I had six cats and five dogs, all adored and spoiled) and over the decades I’ve had to make terribly hard decisions about what was best for them over and over. I get that.

But it seems pretty out of sight, out of mind here for a cat Jer was calling the fourth family member. That’s all.

• Love 24

I'm not sure how the laws work around renting in California but I'm going to assume that it would have been harder and more expensive to find a place to rent with pets.

That and Jinger was probably itching to get rid of that cat. Jake, the one thing Jeremy loved that Jinger did not love.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

I think Jinger likes her new lifestyle. At least it is different than Jill/Jessa

I think Jinger looks great (I love a striped dress and sneakers), she seems genuinely happy. 

Long Hair on the left needs to find a better hairstyle, the current one is doing nothing for his face. His fiance (?) looks cute but she seems uncomfortable or stiff in the pic. She looks like a typical 20-something to me.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

I really, really hope they successfully rehomed Jake. If they did, good for them. Zero snark.

(EDITED to highlight these two points)

But it seems pretty out of sight, out of mind here for a cat Jer was calling the fourth family member. That’s all.

I also hope the cat is in a good home.  However, it's frustrating that they used the cat to further their ideal family image, but apparently dropped him without a second thought.  It didn't seem to occur to them that their followers might have longer memories than they did and would ask about the cat.  Maybe I'm misinterpreting, but it certainly looks as if the general public, who never met the cat, cared more about him than his "family" did.  

• Love 21

Isn't that Cade in the ice cream picture?!?! I'm glad to see the romance with Jeremy continues unabated. 

Also, yes, Jinger looks really cute there, but she totally looks like she's out with her middle-aged father. LOL

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, Zella said:

Isn't that Cade in the ice cream picture?!?! I'm glad to see the romance with Jeremy continues unabated. 

Also, yes, Jinger looks really cute there, but she totally looks like she's out with her middle-aged father. LOL

I think Jeremy looks fine.  I can absolutely guarantee that if he were dressing "young", he would be shredded to bits here.  I can imagine all the comments he would receive about being a surfer boy, frat boy, hipster and every other term for a "trendy" boy.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, Suzn said:

I think Jeremy looks fine.  I can absolutely guarantee that if he were dressing "young", he would be shredded to bits here.  I can imagine all the comments he would receive about being a surfer boy, frat boy, hipster and every other term for a "trendy" boy.

Well, that's kind of part of being "famous." He puts himself out there. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Snow Fairy said:

I think Jinger likes her new lifestyle. At least it is different than Jill/Jessa

She isn't quite free, but I do think she is living the way she had hoped to within the context of her life. She looks stylish and put together, her husband and daughter look the same (yes he is too image conscience), she isn't trapped in the middle of no where, her only friends her siblings.... she is going out, enjoying worldly things, making friends, eating good food (not TTC).....  

I think of Jill with her ill fitting clothes, downer Derrick, seeming to never hand out with friends or see something new and different and than making some God awful food full of cream soup. Is this what she wanted? I hope it was. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I think she's working on looking as little like a Duggar as possible except for cutting the hair.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Well, that's kind of part of being "famous." He puts himself out there. 

Of course he does, but it is utter futility for him to try to dress for this crowd.  

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Suzn said:

Of course he does, but it is utter futility for him to try to dress for this crowd.  

I don't think anyone expects him to? It's just an observation that they look mismatched. Maybe if he didn't spend so much time trying to be such a pretentious fashionista, nobody would comment on his clothes? 

Furthermore, if he thinks snarky people on the internet are harsh judgers of, well, everything, he's not going to hold up to being a pastor very well. I've had friends tell me there is nobody who gets judged worse by all the little old ladies in a church than the pastor and his family, and I believe it. I think he's just going to have to get used to it. 

• Love 23
4 minutes ago, Zella said:

I don't think anyone expects him to? It's just an observation that they look mismatched. Maybe if he didn't spend so much time trying to be such a pretentious fashionista, nobody would comment on his clothes? 

Furthermore, if he thinks snarky people on the internet are harsh judgers of, well, everything, he's not going to hold up to being a pastor very well. I've had friends tell me there is nobody who gets judged worse by all the little old ladies in a church than the pastor and his family, and I believe it. I think he's just going to have to get used to it. 

I probably need to clarify this.  I'm not defending him and I'm not in the least bit worried about his feelings.  It was merely an observation.  I think he looks fine and his style is no importance to me, but seems to have currency here.  I criticize the Dillard clan because their look is so often so egregious and appalling that it is not just a matter of taste.

• Love 9

The dad bod is really starting to show in that shirt. If he were the right size for the shirt to hang correctly and he unbuttoned one button, it would look better. 

I am normally not into body shaming, but this is Jeremy the Vain we're taking about. Plus I recently saw a nearly identical outfit being worn really well by a guy 10 years older than Jeremy so the difference jumped out at me immediately.

Edited by Abstract
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

I think the juxtaposition between Jeremy and Jinger has less to do with clothing and more to do with size and hair styles.

We tend to associate petite with young. And Jeremy's hairstyle is one that is typical of older males, 'dad hair', if you will.

Putting tiny-long-hair Jinger next to, tall-dad-hair Jeremy, makes Jing look younger and Jer look older.

• Love 16
53 minutes ago, Abstract said:

The dad bod is really starting to show in that shirt. If he were the right size for the shirt to hang correctly and he unbuttoned one button, it would look better. 

I am normally not into body shaming, but this is Jeremy the Vain we're taking about.

I was going to post the same thing. If he's in LA and wants to be a nationally-famous pastor, he needs to spend less time eating out and posting photos and more time at the gym. I'm not into body-shaming either, but for Jeremy, I'll make an exception. 

Jinger looks pretty good,  but I think a hair cut, even to just below her shoulders, and coloring it to a darker shade would look stunning. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I think the juxtaposition between Jeremy and Jinger has less to do with clothing and more to do with size and hair styles.

We tend to associate petite with young. And Jeremy's hairstyle is one that is typical of older males, 'dad hair', if you will.

Putting tiny-long-hair Jinger next to, tall-dad-hair Jeremy, makes Jing look younger and Jer look older.

I agree. The pictures where they're both seated make them appear to be closer in age. This may be something that follows them for a long time. The first year my 5'2" self dated my future 6'3" husband we went to a Denny's and I was offered a kids meal. Years later we were at Walmart with our youngest who was 3 and a cashier offered gave him a sticker to give his grandson. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

I think she's working on looking as little like a Duggar as possible except for cutting the hair.

Almost NO young women in California have short hair.  I think it's actually against the law, unless you're over 50.  Then you have to look like a Real Housewife. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1