Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Do we know for sure they abandoned their cat?  I wouldn't abandon any of mine when I had them. We moved into a subdivision that limited any like kind of pet to 2.  We had 4 indoor cats.  We just never told anyone.  But we owned a stand alone house.

I think we know nothing.....Somebody up above mentioned that Jeremy? was asked on social media where Jake the cat was. But that he didn't answer the question, either because he didn't see the question or, for whatever reason, he didn't think he needed to answer it. ....

It's the no-answer thing that's left people speculating, it seems. 

If they're going to do well with social media, I'd say a top job is figuring out which questions really need to be noticed and answered in some way, shape or form....That's one of the many reasons why most celebrities don't let a bunch of details about their actual personal lives get onto social media. Because once you do, people are going to ask questions that can create more crap if you don't answer than if you do. 

I continue to think that, for their own sakes and ultimately for the sake of their children, the Duggarlings and adjacents should all have private social media accounts to discuss their personal stuff with people they know and public accounts to provide a carefully curated set of stuff to the millions of gawking strangers who follow them. 

Although I suppose this calculus is different for people like the Duggs and Adjacents, who aren't celebs because of something they do, like acting or playing baseball, but are celebs only because their personal lives have already been smeared all over the media for years as "entertainment" for said millions. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Getting back to snark, here's Jer sucking up to his Death Preaching professor. How many of you have a selfie with your professor inside the first week of instruction?

20+ years of teaching, and the only time I've had a student ask to take a picture with me (particularly in the first week) was when their sport coach required a picture to show they had showed up to class.  Brown-noser supreme, our Jeremy, I suspect.

• LOL 8
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, Lunera said:

Jake was a street cat before they took him in. I bet they just left him there to fend for himself. 

Did they actually take him in or did they just feed him so he hung around them a lot? 

4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Did they actually take him in or did they just feed him so he hung around them a lot? 

He had a collar with tags and I remember they had a food dish for him inside their home. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Lunera said:

He had a collar with tags and I remember they had a food dish for him inside their home. 

Thanks. Somehow I missed all the early stuff that was written about Jake. I hope he's well and happy currently, one way or another. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

They posted pics of his food and water dishes in what appeared to be the kitchen.

Jeremy ignored repeated queries about Jake while answering fashion questions.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

They posted pics of his food and water dishes in what appeared to be the kitchen.

Jeremy ignored repeated queries about Jake while answering fashion questions.

"Repeated queries," eh? Well, I guess that tells the tale. 

I expect Jake's eating outdoors again.

On the bright side (for me),  I really think that if they keep making gaffes like that on social media, they may slowly bleed fans -- at least as years go by. if you're going to put your whole life out there as an open book, you really can't then get away with blowing off all legitimate questions.....Not over the long haul, at any rate, seems to me. 

31 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Getting back to snark, here's Jer sucking up to his Death Preaching professor. How many of you have a selfie with your professor inside the first week of instruction?

I wonder if he sought this photo with his fellow students in the room. And, if so, whether they responded by sucking up in the same way. I certainly hope so. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Jake was a street cat before they took him in. I bet they just left him there to fend for himself. 

I respectfully disagree, Lunera.  I think they found Jake a new home.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Why can't Jeremy just say that rather than ignoring the questions, repeatedly?

Who knows.  It takes a special kind of asshole to just up and throw a pet out on the street.  Jake was a stray to begin with, so he would probably be able to take care of himself, but it’s still a horrible thing to do, and I’d like to believe that J&J aren’t that horrible.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Why can't Jeremy just say that rather than ignoring the questions, repeatedly?

I have no idea what happened to their cat, but if he is in LA with them, there would be pictures immediately. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Wow, what a suck-up. Granted, it has been decades since I was in college but I don't have any photos of my thesis advisors, with or without me, and I spent two solid years working closely with them.

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm guessing if they were nice enough to take the cat in, they either found Jake a new home, or he's in CA with some fancy new shades and a bow tie.

I will hope for that outcome but, as @Temperance notes, it seems unlikely. Jake is a pretty orange tabby boy, too.

• Love 8

I just asked him on Instagram about Jake.

19 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I don’t think it will be long before he’s involved in some sort of scandal. He loves attention too much. 

Jeremy doing favors for teachers? Cheating off Beckett during exam? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
47 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I don’t think it will be long before he’s involved in some sort of scandal. He loves attention too much. 

Absolutely. And I’ll be here waiting to watch it all go down, munching my popcorn 🍿 .  

Will be interested to see if he ever answers the jake question!  Let’s keep after him!  

So weird how he can do all this responding and posting when he doesn’t have social media on his phone 🙄 I’m going to ask him about that!  

• LOL 17
  • Love 2

The blind item rumor mills have had Jeremy cheating on Jinger for quite a while, for what that's worth (I suspect very little).  I'm not sure he could have gotten away with it in a "small" town like Laredo, but in LA the sky's the limit if he's into that sort of thing.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Fosca said:

The blind item rumor mills have had Jeremy cheating on Jinger for quite a while, for what that's worth (I suspect very little).  I'm not sure he could have gotten away with it in a "small" town like Laredo, but in LA the sky's the limit if he's into that sort of thing.

This might just be my inner hick showing, but I wouldn't consider Laredo a small town by any stretch of the imagination--it's basically got a quarter of a million people. I think if Jeremy wanted to cheat on Jinger there, he would have had ample opportunity to do so and do so discretely.  

• Love 9

Dunno. Right now RFP has it all...money, semi-fame, a career path where people will kiss his butt, an arm candy obedient Christian wife, and an adorable, click-bait baby. I don’t see him cheating because his ego is pretty fueled for now.

But in a few years when the megapreacher gig fails to materialize, the TLC money is gone, Jinger grows a spine or opinions of her own, and/or they have more children who are less photogenic and more work...I could see him needing his ego fix and getting it that way.

• Love 24
14 hours ago, awaken said:

Absolutely. And I’ll be here waiting to watch it all go down, munching my popcorn 🍿 .  

Will be interested to see if he ever answers the jake question!  Let’s keep after him!  

$40  Will give us a definitive answer! 

• LOL 12

I don’t think there’s any family money. The Vuolo Sr. house is in need of renovation and redecoration. I don’t know. I just don’t get the “family money” thing. I think plain and simple, Jeremy is into his image. He said his favorite thing about Italy is food and fashion. Fashion? It’s just not the usual answer from a man, IMO, but I think it’s telling about Jeremy. Also, when asked about being a foodie he used the phrase “fake it til you make it.”  There it is. I think he’s all about his image and how he looks, or how he wants the world to view him. I think he’s all TLC money and credit cards. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 20
10 minutes ago, zenme said:

I don’t think there’s any family money. The Vuolo Sr. house is in need of renovation and redecoration. I don’t know. I just don’t get the “family money” thing. I think plain and simple, Jeremy is into his image. He said his favorite thing about Italy is food and fashion. Fashion? It’s just not the usual answer from a man, IMO, but I think it’s telling about Jeremy. Also, when asked about being a foodie he used the phrase “fake it til you make it.”  There it is. I think he’s all about his image and how he looks, or how he wants the world to view him. I think he’s all TLC money and credit cards. 

If Jeremy has an inheritance from a grandparent or something similar, it is modest at best.  It seems to me that he is pretty good at grifting stuff, maybe shops the high end resale places.  Of course, there are people who have a lot of money but don't live lavishly and Jeremy's parents could be like that.  There was a book out a few years ago called 'The Millionaire Next Door' and the author pointed out that the majority of people worth over a million bucks in the US actually live very modestly and don't flaunt their cash.  Maybe Jeremy's parents are like that but Jeremy obviously is not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Millionaire_Next_Door

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Not wondering if Jeremy will/has cheated - but - there is a lot at stake if he got caught.  Or does he think he will be the only one to never get caught.

I never buy into predictions about who'll cheat either. I don't feel like I have much information about the factors at play....or maybe I just don't want to jinx people....

But I'm pretty sure almost everybody who does it thinks they're the one who won't get caught, right?! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, zenme said:

He said his favorite thing about Italy is food and fashion. Fashion? It’s just not the usual answer from a man, IMO, but I think it’s telling about Jeremy.

Yeah. I've never heard that answer from anybody except somebody in the clothing industry or a model. 

Unusual from a man but,  to my mind, really unusual for somebody who works in a field like the ministry. And is always getting photographed in book stores. 

Italy, for crap's sake. What happened to art, architecture, history, literature, music, the beauties of the natural world -- and in Jer's case the history of the branch of his own family from which he gets his surname?

No kidding that was a telling answer. 

• Love 17

I see Jeremy as 20 pounds of bullshit in a 10 pound bag.  He is just too full of himself.  Would he qualify as having narcissistic personality disorder?  I really don't know, but he's definitely a social climber, and to me, that is a total turnoff.  Obviously, YMMV.  I'm no psychologist.

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
40 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah. I've never heard that answer from anybody except somebody in the clothing industry or a model. 

Unusual from a man but,  to my mind, really unusual for somebody who works in a field like the ministry. And is always getting photographed in book stores. 

Italy, for crap's sake. What happened to art, architecture, history, literature, music, the beauties of the natural world -- and in Jer's case the history of the branch of his own family from which he gets his surname?

No kidding that was a telling answer. 

At least in middle Europe Italy is known for its fashion and I know many, many people who travel to Milan just for the latest trends. Everyone I know who goes to Italy for vacation is looking forward to the shopping there and if I come back from a trip to Italy one of the first questions is always "What did you buy?". But that's from a German perspective. Isn't Jeremy's family from Italy? So I think he knows what Italy has to offer.

I also don't think being interested in fashion is unusual for this generation of men. My teenage age students and my brother and his friends (who are in their late twenties) are a 100% into fashion and style and they care a lot about everything from haircut to socks and shoes. However, I read an article once that stated that styles/outfits that are considered fashionable in Europe are seen as metrosexual or homosexual in the US. Maybe there really is a big difference in culture. IMO Jeremy's style is definitely not typical for the average male (which is fine for me, the world would be pretty boring if everyone wore the same things) but his interest in fashion is totally normal.

I am a German catholic and therefore probably at the top of Jinger and Jeremy's "list of sinners" 😉 but they are still my favorite family out of all the Duggar families (even if that isn't that difficult considering the other options :D). They seem to love each other and their daughter a lot, they seem to use birth control, they go out and meet people, they wear fashionable clothes, eat good food, they at least claim to want to visit other parts of the world and I still hold out hope that Jinger will only have 3-4 kids and that their children won't be homeschooled. I would never want to be friends with them but they are the most interesting Duggar family and I like looking at their life from afar. However, I don't know what it says about me that I'm still following the Duggars years after moving back from North America. 🤷‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Dirndl said:

At least in middle Europe Italy is known for its fashion and I know many, many people who travel to Milan just for the latest trends. Everyone I know who goes to Italy for vacation is looking forward to the shopping there and if I come back from a trip to Italy one of the first questions is always "What did you buy?". But that's from a German perspective. Isn't Jeremy's family from Italy? So I think he knows what Italy has to offer.

I also don't think being interested in fashion is unusual for this generation of men. My teenage age students and my brother and his friends (who are in their late twenties) are a 100% into fashion and style and they care a lot about everything from haircut to socks and shoes. However, I read an article once that stated that styles/outfits that are considered fashionable in Europe are seen as metrosexual or homosexual in the US. Maybe there really is a big difference in culture. IMO Jeremy's style is definitely not typical for the average male (which is fine for me, the world would be pretty boring if everyone wore the same things) but his interest in fashion is totally normal.

I am a German catholic and therefore probably at the top of Jinger and Jeremy's "list of sinners" 😉 but they are still my favorite family out of all the Duggar families (even if that isn't that difficult considering the other options :D). They seem to love each other and their daughter a lot, they seem to use birth control, they go out and meet people, they wear fashionable clothes, eat good food, they at least claim to want to visit other parts of the world and I still hold out hope that Jinger will only have 3-4 kids and that their children won't be homeschooled. I would never want to be friends with them but they are the most interesting Duggar family and I like looking at their life from afar. However, I don't know what it says about me that I'm still following the Duggars years after moving back from North America. 🤷‍♀️

I know italy is a major fashion capital. But I think the idea of it as primarily a shopping destination is probably a lot more prominent in countries that are nearby rather than in this one, across the ocean. 

I know scores of Americans who've traveled to Italy...relatives, friends, neighbors, coworkers. And many who travel there frequently and regularly. And, yeah, sometimes people bring back nice clothes and shoes.

But of all those people,  the only Americans I've ever heard mention fashion as Italy's top draw for them -- and without mentioning anything else but food, which is what Jeremy did --- have been people whose lives are related to fashion here.  And I do know some people like that who do consider an italian vacation a fashion-spotting trip. But they're heavily involved in clothes or design of some kind all the time in America, too.

That's just a fact I've noticed about the people I know. And it's certainly possible that my experience isn't the normal one in the U.S. either. ..... 

Does seem to me that when you're crossing an ocean to get to a country, though -- and like most Americans, you may only get there a handful of times in your life, if that -- you're less likely to think of it only as a shopping and eating destination than you are if you live a half day away from Milan on a fast train.  

And I admit that Jer's being a frigging pastor-wanna-be highlights the "fashion!" thing, for me. Even though I realize that he despises Catholics, I guess I just want a pastor to be at least as interested in history, music and so on as he is in clothes,. And what he apparently said suggests that he's not. I find that kinda odd. And not that great, frankly, for somebody on the career path he's chosen. 

39 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

That burger looks delicious.

He took his plate outside to photograph it for SM? What is he, 16?

I'm saying more like ... 14

Although I guess the outdoor shots are needed to make the whole series into an ad..... so he can potentially beg for a free burger off it. Or at least a free soda.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
26 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

That fake surprised look pic reminds me of JillyMuffin.  

I thought of Jilly Muffin too. How would she react if Derelict wanted to go out on the town with his buddies? That's presuming he has any. 😁

11 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I have never taken a picture of my food.  Much less posted a picture of it. Jeremy is like a lot of other people who post a lot on social media. 

But they have IG on their phones. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Jeremy thinks he has a deep thinking mind. He, in reality is quite shallow IMO. Real philosophers with intellectually based minds are not VERY concerned about their wardrobe. Jeremy is quite shallow and childish. Jinger is in love with the high school senior on the soccer team and she's a freshman.

• Love 19

So, I checked out the pages he tagged and one of the guys (foodninjaken) has a foodie page, the other guy is the restaurant owner and the 3rd one (Matt Coeler) is a 20-something year old son of some church members. Brand Brasserie is a marketing company for restaurants, cafes, etc.. Basically these guys are all using each other for advertising. Jeremy is probably just getting free food out of this.

Screenshot_20190810-145203_Chrome.thumb.jpg.88ab5c7eda2cea059c5da6360826c413.jpg

I'm honestly not surprised he would travel to Italy just for the fashion. Can you imagine all the cool Instagram shots he would get? 😉

Also, about a third of the pages he follows on Instagram are men fashion pages.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 8/7/2019 at 9:53 PM, Lunera said:

These two are definitely going the Jeremy and Audrey Roloff direction. They are now full time influencers. Bet they have a marriage advice book on the way, too. 

This is super shallow of me, but I'll just say right up front that it's something I personally can't stand..Jeremy's mucousy, nasally sounding voice ::::shudder:::::

I just want him to blow his nose..take a decongestant..steam his head...something! I only lasted a couple of seconds.

(Maybe it was just me?)

• LOL 7
  • Love 8

Maybe Jeremy thinks he will get all these followers from the Duggar followers and then when he graduates, he can become a Joel Osteen type of preacher (not minister) with all his Instagram followers sending him money because of his TV or online sermons.   
I'm old, but I just don't understand taking a picture of most meals you eat out like Jeremy does. The one and only time I took a picture of a drink - I had gone to Charleston, SC and ordered hot chocolate for breakfast.  It was huge.  I did take a picture, but I didn't post it. 

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I wonder if any of his Seminary professors will call him out on his shallow behavior and obsession with "things" (including food).  

The gloves will only come off when the Instagram followers numbers drop.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7