Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Honestly I was a bit shocked that these two have never been to Europe together. (that is what it seems based on their video discussion)  Where did they honeymoon?

I've often thought that the entire Duggar clan has had some sort of social media training, but after watching this q&a video, I am starting to think they haven't.  None of the questions, nor their answers are the least bit interesting.  I'd have thought they'd at least joke around with some silly or super-personal questions but nope.  It reminded me of a more modern version of the original talking heads in the 14 Kids and Counting episodes - "What's your favorite store?" - Walmart -  "What's your favorite snack?" - Pickles.

• Love 8

I don't think Jinger's hair is looking healthy in recent pictures, maybe it's coming off the dye job or maybe the dye job dried out her hair but I think it just looked much better in a healthy, thick, bouncy sort of way before and now it looks flatter and tired.

Does anyone know if Jeremy's school has special a dress code?  I notice in some of the class pictures that were posted the instructor had on a suit and from the backs and sides of the nearby students they looked like they had suit jackets on too.  Far cry from the khaki's and flip-flops and your basic university - Was wondering if it was just a specific class or maybe they had a church activity that day or could it be expected that the students wear suits at all times?
I think Jeremy expects to graduate and use his past and current media exposure as well as the charisma, charm and smarts that he (vainly) thinks he posseses to get hired at a mega church as their golden boy and leverage that into some Billy Graham sort of empire.  I just don't seem him being satisfied with being the pastor of a basic rural or suburban church, one neighborhood, one flock, basic career - I think he wants the whole pie.

18 hours ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20190807-170416_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.18c42344a7b7bafef2b04aaba8736d45.jpg

Is this a thing? I've never prepped fruit or veggies until I was ready to eat them. 

I didn't used to until I found tricks like; I love those mini cucumbers they sell 5-6 to a pack but the went bad quickly until I figured out they lasted a week or more if I just wrapped a paper towel section around each then put them in a baggie (as long as they're not stored touching each other).  I think this is one of those ever present questions like toilet seat up or down, shower at night or morning, is a hot dog a sandwich....there'll always be people who say of course I do and people who say who does that. 

On 8/5/2019 at 3:39 AM, Jeeves said:

They lived in Laredo, not El Paso. Laredo is 600 miles from El Paso (yes, Texas is big).

Big!  A little off topic but I drove from Colorado Springs to Shamrock, TX (about 100 miles east of Amarillo) once.  Nearly two days and about 450 miles.  Between New Mexico and Texas panhandle I sometimes thought it would never end.  Don't get me wrong the country is beautiful but it doesn't change much and there are long, long (long) stretches with a lot of brown land, very little grass and no cities, towns, villages of any kind.  But it gave new meaning to the phrase "I can see for miles and miles"!

• Love 7

Egad, do these two spend every waking moment together?  I know there are couples who do that, but Mr. Angeltoes and I are not one of them.  If we did, we'd for sure wind up on an episode of Dateline.

Aunt Banana

Love this!  You must keep it.

She suggests changing it up to another color. He says "We'll talk about that".

Whoa, who died and made him king?  I'd watch myself there, Jer, she already threw over her father's demands, yours are next.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

So they're doing their own talking heads. And they did it on Jeremy's account. Must be looking to increase his followers. Did Jinger link this from her account to his as well?

Yes, I saw it on both accounts.

• Love 2

Doing talking head videos is a good way to practice being a better speaker and presenter. If they don't have a non-compete contract with TLC, they could supplement their income by starting a YouTube channel. They've already got an audience who would love to watch 10-minute videos of them taking Felicity to the zoo or Jinger showing them what she does all day.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

Does anyone know if Jeremy's school has special a dress code? 

I don't know the official dress code, but based on the photos on their website, all students wear suits and ties.  Here is one example:

Visit-2-section.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I don't know the official dress code, but based on the photos on their website, all students wear suits and ties.  Here is one example:

Visit-2-section.jpg

Or at least they all do when they're coming from the chapel, there behind them.

They may require ties and jackets all the time. Or they may have a code that governs chapel dress -- and then have so many chapel services that you might as well just wear the coat and tie most of the time to be on the safe side. 😊

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Or at least they all do when they're coming from the chapel, there behind them.

They may require ties and jackets all the time. Or they may have a code that governs chapel dress -- and then have so many chapel services that you might as well just wear the coat and tie most of the time to be on the safe side. 😊

Well check out this one then:

Distance-Location.jpg

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Well check out this one then:

Distance-Location.jpg

Yep. I finally found the handbook, and it says even students at the distance locations have to dress like this: 

"Student Attire – Los Angeles Ultimately, clothing centers around three key ideas: culture, occasion and purpose; the most important being purpose. Cleanliness and neatness in appearance are indispensable for effectiveness in your Christian testimony. This attention to detail is part of your training. Because the seminary is preparing men for professional occupations as ministers of the gospel, adherence to certain professional standards of dress and appearance is required. During class and chapel hours, students are required to wear dress shoes with socks (no tennis shoes), dress slacks (no jeans), dress shirts, and ties. Hair is to be worn conservatively and neatly groomed. Dress requirements for summer school, Winterim, and finals week are more relaxed. Students are asked to wear slacks, dress shoes, and a collared shirt. Tennis shoes, blue jeans, and flip flops are not appropriate attire. Student Attire – Distance Location Students are asked to wear slacks, dress shoes, and collared shirts."

The only problem Jeremy might have is the requirement to wear socks. 😁

Earlier, all I could find was the handbook for The Master's University. And their dress code is much less formal, except for chapel. 

Here's the whole handbook if anybody wants reading material -- 

https://www.tms.edu/m/M.Div_.-Handbook-2018.19.pdf

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

Something has me thinking they're planning a second child soon. Not sure why I'm thinking this though.

Now I'm wondering how much of my brain space is taken up with thoughts of the Duggars.

Clearly, too much.

• LOL 10
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

Whoa, who died and made him king?  

If you ask Jeremy, the answer to that question is 'Jesus'.  He's got the specially annotated King James for Misogynists translation.  I'm not surprised that St. Paul is the guy Jer most wants to meet; many of Jer's beliefs regarding the role of women both in the home and at church are found in Paul's epistles. Jinger was raised in the same ideology, so I doubt she'll ever call him on it unless she undergoes a drastic change in her belief system

• Love 15

Lissy looks like she's getting to the age where she wants to be down and playing instead of held. She's not as smiley in pictures as she was a month or so ago. Hopefully, Jeremy & Jinger will catch on to the change and adapt their photo ops to show them playing with her instead of carting her around.

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Lissy looks like she's getting to the age where she wants to be down and playing instead of held. She's not as smiley in pictures as she was a month or so ago. Hopefully, Jeremy & Jinger will catch on to the change and adapt their photo ops to show them playing with her instead of carting her around.

I was about to say, she's starting to take on that same annoyed expression we always see in Sam.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

They did say she was active and sounded like she was down and getting around a lot.  Holding her for a picture is not the same as restraining her in a blanket (ahem, Dullards, I'm pointing at you)

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

During class and chapel hours, students are required to wear dress shoes with socks (no tennis shoes), dress slacks (no jeans), dress shirts, and ties. Hair is to be worn conservatively and neatly groomed. Dress requirements for summer school, Winterim, and finals week are more relaxed. Students are asked to wear slacks, dress shoes, and a collared shirt. Tennis shoes, blue jeans, and flip flops are not appropriate attire. Student Attire – Distance Location Students are asked to wear slacks, dress shoes, and collared shirts."

Earlier, all I could find was the handbook for The Master's University. And their dress code is much less formal, except for chapel. 

Socks, RFP. Gonna cramp your style.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 17
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Yep. I finally found the handbook, and it says even students at the distance locations have to dress like this: 

"Student Attire – Los Angeles Ultimately, clothing centers around three key ideas: culture, occasion and purpose; the most important being purpose. Cleanliness and neatness in appearance are indispensable for effectiveness in your Christian testimony. This attention to detail is part of your training. Because the seminary is preparing men for professional occupations as ministers of the gospel, adherence to certain professional standards of dress and appearance is required. During class and chapel hours, students are required to wear dress shoes with socks (no tennis shoes), dress slacks (no jeans), dress shirts, and ties. Hair is to be worn conservatively and neatly groomed. Dress requirements for summer school, Winterim, and finals week are more relaxed. Students are asked to wear slacks, dress shoes, and a collared shirt. Tennis shoes, blue jeans, and flip flops are not appropriate attire. Student Attire – Distance Location Students are asked to wear slacks, dress shoes, and collared shirts."

If Jesus showed up, he wouldn’t fit in.

• LOL 10
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jeremy is in his element if he gets to wear suits, ties, and pocket squares on the daily. 

Jeremy is going to be mad if Beckett in the third row has on a better suit, tie, or pocket square than him.

• LOL 23
On 8/8/2019 at 1:19 AM, Natalie68 said:

Just saw some other pics of Jinger's hair on Radar.  I am going to sound like a huge BEC, but this comes from someone who knows how to highlight hair.  Her colorist was not very good.  When you see her head with her hair down you can see it wasn't a great job.  

Jingers-Hollywood-Makeover-Duggar-Appear

Are these the pics?

16 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

Are these the pics?

Jeremy, forever sucking up (last pic that isn't seen in this crop). Hilarious that that there are actually paps hanging out at the church to get pics of these two. If Jeremy finds out, lord knows how big his head will swell. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

People have asked. Crickets in response. I think that speaks volumes.

Sounds like they ditched him. That's such an easy, non-offensive question to respond to. Jeremy was quick to answer back when some girl criticized his clothes, but he's radio silent over Jake? Poor cat.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

Jeremy is going to be mad if Beckett in the third row has on a better suit, tie, or pocket square than him.

Cade is going to be so jealous of Beckett in the third row...he and Jill can form a support group. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, leighdear said:

Their rental home may not allow pets.  I've rented many times, and it was more usual to NOT allow pets, than to allow them.  Twice in Sacramento, CA in fact.  

It's not unusual to have to rehome a pet when you move - particularly if you go from home ownership to renting.  Since people are asking, it would take less than a minute for one of them to explain that they weren't able to find suitable housing that allowed pets, so they found a new home for their cat.  Most people would understand.

However, I suspect that if they no longer have the cat, it's because he either wandered away and they didn't much care, or he was dumped in the nearest animal shelter.  Either way, that poor cat was left to fend for himself.  Pets and Duggar's don't seem to mix well.  😒

• Love 6
5 hours ago, leighdear said:

Their rental home may not allow pets.  I've rented many times, and it was more usual to NOT allow pets, than to allow them.  Twice in Sacramento, CA in fact.  

Rentals in CA are far more lenient now, given that most people are priced out of the real estate market. Our place only allowed cats for ages, but now almost everyone has a dog.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
On 8/6/2019 at 3:59 PM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

$675,000 for 1800 sq.ft?  That’s why it’s the dirty, dirty south for me!  That amount will get you at least 3,500-4,000 sq. ft. here.  Granted, it’s hot as the devil’s balls and we get hurricanes, but your money goes a heck of a lot further.  

Where I am, that house plus a yard (!) would set you back a cool $2 million. Don't know how hot the devil's balls get, but we're "enjoying" a humid 90-100F the last little while. Hurricanes tend to skirt around us, but we get some heavy rain these days and that causes flooding in these expensive houses. I guess that's payback for driving up real estate prices.  Fair dues. 😆

I, too, suspect there's Voulo money somewhere. Maybe a trust that pays out upon marriage or 30th birthday? Looks like a sweet life. 

• Love 8

Do we know for sure they abandoned their cat?  I wouldn't abandon any of mine when I had them. We moved into a subdivision that limited any like kind of pet to 2.  We had 4 indoor cats.  We just never told anyone.  But we owned a stand alone house.

• Love 7