Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Penises and a flower. And leggings under two skirts....and a sweater to cover up its shoulders (a la the Josie shoulder incident...) 

So somebody made a Duggarling bunny? Bunnies have fur, people. 

I should not have laughed at this but I did. I cannot look at the bunny the same way again.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I should not have laughed at this but I did. I cannot look at the bunny the same way again.

Well, you know those bunnies. They probably need that stuff more than anybody. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, you know those bunnies. They probably need that stuff more than anybody. 

Yep. Those defrauding skin tight fur coats and all . . . 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Madtown said:

5 pictures

She is a cutie pie. Love her eyes.  Glad to see her car seat straps & pads are clean (as opposed to Izzy's whose look like they have never been cleaned in his 4 years of life.)

I like they went with the traditional Happy Birthday song instead of the Jesus version the Duggars usually sing.  ((No offense to the Duggar birthday song, it's just nice to see them doing more mainstream things. They may not have been able to sing the original Happy Birthday song when they were filming because of the copyright thing.) 

Thanks @McManda for the shared birthdays post. I remember Trace & Jeb Bates having the same birthday & that Jeb thought it was so neat sharing with his older brother who he seems to idolize. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I like they went with the traditional Happy Birthday song instead of the Jesus version the Duggars usually sing. 

And on their Instagram Stories, they've inserted the popular Baby Shark song.  A kid's song, yes, but it's a part of today's pop culture.  Baby steps...

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Her hair definitely looks shorter.

She got her fried from perms, heat styling,  and the bleach chopped off.  Good for her.  She still has some length.   Hopefully Jill and Jessa will see this and at least get a trim

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

And on their Instagram Stories, they've inserted the popular Baby Shark song.  A kid's song, yes, but it's a part of today's pop culture.  Baby steps...

And I just might have heard an ebil back-beat!

• LOL 6
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Penises and a head-flower. And leggings under two skirts....and a sweater to cover up its shoulders (a la the Josie shoulder incident...) 

So somebody made a Duggarling bunny? Bunnies have fur, people. 

Well, crap.  I am planning on getting my granddaughter this one for her first birthday next month: image.thumb.png.270a070cc6e23ec38ca6e3836d766da9.png

The smaller one.  I think it is adorable, and the deer is a play on words of her name. At least this one has no bow and bare arms and legs. 😉

• Love 5
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

Well, crap.  I am planning on getting my granddaughter this one for her first birthday next month: image.thumb.png.270a070cc6e23ec38ca6e3836d766da9.png

The smaller one.  I think it is adorable, and the deer is a play on words of her name. At least this one has no bow and bare arms and legs. 😉

They are adorable. And they're wearing shorts and sleeveless shirts -- so they aren't Gothard animals! 

Actually, I think the bunny is cute, too. 

But the fact that it has a headflower, and a double skirt and leggings and an old-lady sweater to make sure it doesn't have bare shoulders? That's just too darn Gothard/JB/and M for me when it's intended as a toy for a Duggar descendant......If I'd never heard of Gothard or the Duggars, I wouldn't even have noticed the bunny's clothes!

• Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I think those are much less weird-looking than the phallic bunny. I kind of like the little one.

Edited by jcbrown
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, mimionthebeach said:

Oooooo, fresh food with colour and texture. Appitizing. The Voulos probably have the best diet of the whole damn family. If only Jill could... learn.

Jill? Learn? Hahahahahahahaha! Sorry *snort* Hahahahaha!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Felicia is her name? She has a servants heart and umm J is her mamma. And she doesn’t live in a trailer out back. 

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

No birthday message for Felicity from grandma and grandpa Duggar.

They probably forgot her.  I mean she doesn’t even live in Arkansas. And grandparents probably saw her 5 times. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I honestly didn't recognize Jinge & Jer at first glance in that picture. I was wondering who the teenage girl was.  I still can't believe it's her.  I think they both look great.

• Love 14

Really, Jinger…"I love him"? I'm so sick of her adoration of Jeremy. It's becoming demeaning to me. That girl worships Jeremy. Isn't that against their beliefs...to worship anything/one other than God? Dial it down a bit, Jingle. It's pathetic.

• Love 14

Love the pictures of them and Felicity for her birthday and trip to the aquarium. They look great and so normal. Jing wearing pants and a tank top! I'm defrauded!  They really look like a normal family. And I'm stunned that they know about baby shark. I figured it was too mainstream. Since I've got twin 3 year olds, I hear that song way too much. Damn earworm. If anyone needs me, I'll be bleaching my brain, trying to get that song out of my head now. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures:

3 pictures:

Felicity is wearing an adorable little frock that perfectly coordinates with the fish and jelly fish.  I can picture Jinger seeing the fish on the website, then scouting out the perfect dress for Felicity.  Must have perfect pictures!

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, louannems said:

Felicity is wearing an adorable little frock that perfectly coordinates with the fish and jelly fish.  I can picture Jinger seeing the fish on the website, then scouting out the perfect dress for Felicity. 

And, even better, the fish and jelly fish aren't walking onto the Ark two-by-two.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
On 7/13/2019 at 10:07 AM, Jynnan tonnix said:
3 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Love the pictures of them and Felicity for her birthday and trip to the aquarium. They look great and so normal. Jing wearing pants and a tank top! I'm defrauded!  They really look like a normal family. And I'm stunned that they know about baby shark. I figured it was too mainstream. Since I've got twin 3 year olds, I hear that song way too much. Damn earworm. If anyone needs me, I'll be bleaching my brain, trying to get that song out of my head now. 

My granddaughter went to the aquarium for her birthday as well (they go every few weeks as we gave them a family pass for Christmas, and Grand-jynlet loves it, though she always manages to pick up a brand-new strain of cold virus pretty much every time, since every kid there has their face pressed to the glass). I'm not even going to snark on the dress so perfectly matching that one tank she is pictured in front of, as you can probably find the perfect background for pretty much anything in your closet somewhere among the exhibits. I have a photo of my granddaughter, which I actually think I may have posted here (probably around the end of March, when they went there for her birthday) in which her little purple jacket is a perfect match for the purple mood-lighting in front of the octopus tank. It's one of my favorite pictures of her.

Here's to Felicity being fascinated enough that she gets interested in marine biology!

And I do get a slightly surprised kick out of Jing being familiar with Baby Shark...I personally managed to avoid it (eventually on principle, just to see how long I could go) until about 4 months ago, and have only ever heard it about three times since then, so it's still more or less in "cute ditty" territory as far as my brain is concerned.

• Love 14
(edited)
5 hours ago, floridamom said:

Really, Jinger…"I love him"? I'm so sick of her adoration of Jeremy. It's becoming demeaning to me. That girl worships Jeremy. Isn't that against their beliefs...to worship anything/one other than God? Dial it down a bit, Jingle. It's pathetic.

Well, that's definitely one valid way to look at it.

I think there are a couple more that also have merit, though.

One is that Jer (like the other Duggarling spouses) has rescued Jingle from her life as a captive forced to live like a child without agency, in thrall to the exact same people she's been in thrall to from birth. Now, no matter what her relationship to Jer, he's moved her out of that and is providing lots of new things and experiences. It's a prison break -- and while I think all the married Duggarlings are enjoying those -- the marriages to non-Gothardites are more effective breaks, and the ones that move them away from Arkansas do it best. JIngle has both, so I'm not surprised she's' gushy over the guy (especially since they all learned from godly-Mama to be gushy over your husband, and the Duggarling women all have the relationship maturity of 14-year-olds with their first boyfriends)

(Jilly Muffin could have enjoyed the same advantage Jingle's getting, too, in my opinion -- despite Der's various issues -- but Jill's inborn personality and abilities, I'd guess, are less capable of coping with a move than Jingle's. Plus, Der had a much more ambitious escape plan --and  I'm not sure how well any of the Duggarlings would have coped with an immediate move to another, non-English-speaking country, where they'd lack at least some U.S.-type comforts and be expected to actually kind of work a job!....) 

Then, the other excuse that I find for Jingle's constant "I love yous" is that  -- in my opinion! -- the God the Duggars embrace was created by fundie Protestant men in general and Gothard in particular for the sole purpose of ensuring that women and children do worship their husbands and fathers. That they place the husbands/fathers firmly between them and the triune God they supposedly worship first of all.... The husband-umbrella blocks out not just rain but  the Sun. And in my opinion, that's not a bug. Their religious role models see it as a feature! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 4
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, that's definitely one valid way to look at it.

I think there are a couple more that also have merit, though.

One is that Jer (like the other Duggarling spouses) has rescued Jingle from her life as a captive forced to live like a child without agency, in thrall to the exact same people she's been in thrall to from birth. Now, no matter what her relationship to Jer, he's moved her out of that and is providing lots of new things and experiences. It's a prison break -- and while I think all the married Duggarlings are enjoying those -- the marriages to non-Gothardites are more effective breaks, and the ones that move them away from Arkansas do it best. JIngle has both, so I'm not surprised she's' gushy over the guy (especially since they all learned from godly-Mama to be gushy over your husband, and the Duggarling women all have the relationship maturity of 14-year-olds with their first boyfriends)

(Jilly Muffin could have enjoyed the same advantage Jingle's getting, too, in my opinion -- despite Der's various issues -- but Jill's inborn personality and abilities, I'd guess, are less capable of coping with a move than Jingle's. Plus, Der had a much more ambitious escape plan --and  I'm not sure how well any of the Duggarlings would have coped with an immediate move to another, non-English-speaking country, where they'd lack at least some U.S.-type comforts and be expected to actually kind of work a job!....) 

Then, the other excuse that I find for Jingle's constant "I love yous" is that  -- in my opinion! -- the God the Duggars embrace was created by fundie Protestant men in general and Gothard in particular for the sole purpose of ensuring that women and children do worship their husbands and fathers. That they place the husbands/fathers firmly between them and the triune God they supposedly worship first of all.... The husband-umbrella blocks out not just rain but  the Sun. And in my opinion, that's not a bug. Their religious role models see it as a feature! 

I think this is at least part of the reason for the constant "I love him" and really doesn't bother me.  As odious as Jeremy's views on thing are, somehow the way they seem to live looks pretty normal.  Jinger had the desire to get away to a large city and somehow that was not taken out of her and she found someone to expand her world.  In contrast, Jill never appeared to want anything different than what she was raised with.

• Love 21
18 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

I’m not surprised that Jinger knows baby shark.  We sang it at our church retreat like 15 years ago, hand motions and all. 

I thought Baby Shark was relatively new. Like 5 or so years. My youngest niece is 14 and I don't remember it being a thing when she was little.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I thought Baby Shark was relatively new. Like 5 or so years. My youngest niece is 14 and I don't remember it being a thing when she was little.

The video of Baby Shark is from just a few years ago, but the song itself has been around for decades.  There is a version that is sung with hand gestures to portray the various sharks that is popular with summer camps and Girl Scout meetings, etc and that's been around for a long time.  I think it originally started around the time the movie 'Jaws' came out and people were shark-crazy.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
(edited)

Baby Shark (and company) -- at least 100 years old, according to this article from the CBC. 

"Technically no one owns the song because it's classified as a traditional, he adds, or so he initially thought. Like all traditional songs, Baby Shark has been passed down orally through generations, surviving in the camp communities all around the world, and dates back to at least the 1900s."

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/q/thursday-january-24-2019-steffi-didomenicantonio-johnny-only-and-more-1.4989911/the-long-complicated-history-of-baby-shark-and-the-artist-fighting-for-credit-1.4989936

I guess songs about creatures that eat you or otherwise dismantle you piece by piece have always been popular around campfires and in other kids' circles. 

When it comes to the recent version, pretty much all the Duggarlings are glued to their electronic media, like the rest of us, so I expect Felicity sits in front of youtube kids' videos quite a bit!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2

I think Felicity has expeirenced more in first year than any other Duggar baby. I know Jill and Derick went to DA with Izzy and Sam, but I don't call that an adventure much. I love the pictures of her at the aquarium. I like to think that maybe Felicity has a chance in life to do something other than produce 15 kids. I like to also think that maybe Jeremy and Jinger waited a year to have a child to let Jinger grow a bit and experience new things. I know that's probably a reach..lol

As far as the "I love him" I have a friend on FB that beats Jinger by a long shot in that department. She lets us all know almost every f'ing day that he's the best husband, loves him and everyone should find themselves a husband like hers..it's vomit inducing to say the least.

I hope Jeremy keeps her far away from the TTH as much as possible.

• Love 15

Jinger's post about Jeremy is kind of juvenile, but I've seen worse from my own friends. Like saying their reptilian husbands are "perfect" and "magical." At least Jinger is stating what I'm sure is fact for her. I can't stand Jeremy, but I don't doubt that she loves him.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
(edited)

Of course Jinger loves JerMe. Besides the reasons listed in @Churchhoney‘s excellent post, Jinger has learned to love everything JerMe loves.

In other words: “JerMe loves JerMe so I love JerMe”.

I don’t think it is possible for Jinger to love him more than he loves himself though. JMO

Edited by EVS
  • LOL 12
  • Love 9
21 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Felicia is her name? She has a servants heart and umm J is her mamma. And she doesn’t live in a trailer out back. 

They probably forgot her.  I mean she doesn’t even live in Arkansas. And grandparents probably saw her 5 times. 

She has 3 female cousins being born in November and Ivy is still an infant. Felicity is old news now. 

Ivy better enjoy the attention while it lasts. JoKen #2 will surpass them soon enough. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, floridamom said:

She is so dim and immature.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

She has 3 female cousins being born in November and Ivy is still an infant. Felicity is old news now. 

Plus, females aren't important anyway. ....

At least not until they're old enough for their courtships, weddings and NEW BABEEEZ to goose the TeeVee ratingzz. 😀

• Love 2

I will say that I see Jinger as being smarter than she lets on.  I do believe that she is living the life she always wanted and she is smart enough to make it look and sound like everything is Jeremy's idea.  The super-patriarchal community where she was raised causes the women to become master passive-aggressive manipulators.  Michelle does excel in this and at least one of her daughters had to pick up on it.  Both JB and Michelle have stated publicly that the girls are now under their husband's umbrella of protection as it were and have to follow their headship's lead.  I think Jinger uses this to get the life that she wants because she can always say that she is following Jeremy's wishes for her to wear pants, dye her hair, even cut her hair short, etc.  

Jeremy also seems to be easily manipulated as long as Jinger is willing to play the submissive wife.  

• Love 20