Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

This reminds me of that episode of The Flintstones when Fred bored everyone at the lodge with his pictures of Pebbles. Overkill city! 

This made me laugh. Besides imagining JereME annoying people in person with pictures of Felicity, I also think it’s funny that JereME seems to think he is sophisticated like Fred Astaire, but he is actually acting more like Fred Flintstone. 

• LOL 19
15 hours ago, Wishing Well said:

The geotag for where they ate dinner is awfully close to West Hollywood...

Maybe they should stop into SUR or Pump, preferably when some of the Chucklefucks are getting into a screaming fight. They can go to Brunch with Billie. If Jill is with them she can trade sex tips with Lala. 

• LOL 5
16 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Rev PP now has nicknames for his young BILs. Slim Jim? Really?

Felicity resembles a young actress from yesteryear. I can't recall her yet. I'll post when I locate it. 

1 hour ago, EVS said:

Felicity is cute but the overload of pictures is already causing me to lose interest. I doubt I’m the only one. Sometimes less is more. 

I've been thinking the overload of pictures is a way of making her seem special before they announce the latest blessing.

• Love 2

When my child was this age I posted a picture a day so I can't complain. It's their first kid, just like that commercial, you go overboard and do the absolute most with your first and then things die down. 

• Love 15
(edited)

I’m sure Jeremy and Jinger are getting a run of episodes all to themselves so they can’t post anything actually interesting.  Plus Jinger has whatever secret she’s hiding with her hair.  Leads to a lack of content, but they still have to have the engagement to prove they deserve their own special.  

Edited by Saylii
  • Love 3

The hat! You’re freaking us out, Jinger! Is their a tumor under there? A positive pregnancy test? Post-it notes for sex games later? 

There are about 4000 pics of my sister, and like TWO of me growing up. I get the first child thing. 

Hmm, James is - cute? He’s a super childish looking 18, though. Like the way Jackson will forever look 12 (until he’s bald, then he’ll be a bald 12). 

• LOL 21
  • Love 2
On 6/25/2019 at 1:10 PM, Portia said:

That's interesting. In my experience, though, modern Baptists are far more Puritanical than he Presbyterians I've been worshiping with of late.

Well, PCA (Presbyterian Church in America) retains quite a bit of the Puritan stuff still. Back in the 70s, it became the conservative -- Puritan-loving -- form of Presbyterianism when it broke away from the mainline Presbyterian Church. 

The mainline Presbyterians (PCUSA-- Presbyterian Church, USA -- started leaving most of the Puritan influence behind in the 19th-century already, and most Presbyterian congregations are part of that side. 

So whether you run into Puritan influence in a Presbyterian church today depends entirely on which Presbyterian group your church is part of. 

Meanwhile, over the past couple decades, the Southern and Independent Baptists have been picking up Reformed theology and Puritan-type stuff at a greater and greater rate. In the past, they completely shunned Calvinism, so they avoided talk of Puritans -- Calvin devotees -- too. But as Calvinism started gaining ground among all kinds of evangelicals, the Puritans came along with it, right into the Baptist realm. 

When it comes to Puritans, who loves them and who ignores them has turned upside down over the past 50 years and even more in the past 20. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

The hat! You’re freaking us out, Jinger! Is their a tumor under there? A positive pregnancy test? Post-it notes for sex games later? 

There are about 4000 pics of my sister, and like TWO of me growing up. I get the first child thing. 

Hmm, James is - cute? He’s a super childish looking 18, though. Like the way Jackson will forever look 12 (until he’s bald, then he’ll be a bald 12). 

I'm the 3rd of three girls...judging by picture, I must have just appeared in our home when I was around 11 months old and then disappear for months at a time.

Jinger's hair is probably breaking all along her hairline, that's why the constant hats. Or else TLC was pissed at the instagram hair reveal because they wanted to be the first so now she's covering it up until she's back on air.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

Jinger's hair looks pretty dark, from what we can see. 

How freaking bizarre.  Post a picture of a blond Jinger and make a huge splash!  Then keep wearing a hat.

It's yet another kooky Duggar mystery. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Marigold said:

Jinger's hair looks pretty dark, from what we can see. 

How freaking bizarre.  Post a picture of a blond Jinger and make a huge splash!  Then keep wearing a hat.

It's yet another kooky Duggar mystery. 

She plays games like Jessa. I'm sure people have commented about her hair but instead of just either keeping her hat and hair off SM, or addressing wtf is going on with it, she continues to post stupid hat pics to keep everyone guessing

Seriously, how hard is it to just say " the blonde killed my hair!" or something similar?? She actually would probably get a lot of engagement if she went that route, many women have had probably the same experience that she is having with whatever if going on.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

She plays games like Jessa. I'm sure people have commented about her hair but instead of just either keeping her hat and hair off SM, or addressing wtf is going on with it, she continues to post stupid hat pics to keep everyone guessing

Seriously, how hard is it to just say " the blonde killed my hair!" or something similar?? She actually would probably get a lot of engagement if she went that route, many women have had probably the same experience that she is having with whatever if going on.

And that engagement would be authentic instead of the manufactured engagement of Jill which would help Jinger gain more followers and more paid partnerships.   I for one do not begrudge the Duggar girls for monetizing their social media.   They are all ill-prepared for surviving in the real world when the show inevitably ends.  Yes I wish Jinger had a real education, but social media influencer is a 21st century job.  Jinger has a leg up from someone starting from scratch and she should leverage her followers to earn money.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I think Jinger's ponytail still looks blonde. I'm guessing she had the top layer colored and left the bottom layer brown and that's what we're seeing around her ears.

Drastic color changes lead to drastic grow outs. Maybe Jing is hiding the inch of brown that has grown back in. Probably not her best look.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

The Beverly Hillbillies theme song plays.

Except poor dumb Jethro's smarter than all the Duggar circus put together. Low bar but still. 😉 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, PCA (Presbyterian Church in America) retains quite a bit of the Puritan stuff still. Back in the 70s, it became the conservative -- Puritan-loving -- form of Presbyterianism when it broke away from the mainline Presbyterian Church. 

The mainline Presbyterians (PCUSA-- Presbyterian Church, USA -- started leaving most of the Puritan influence behind in the 19th-century already, and most Presbyterian congregations are part of that side. 

So whether you run into Puritan influence in a Presbyterian church today depends entirely on which Presbyterian group your church is part of. 

Thanks for the historical perspective. We found the PCUSA by Googling "gay-affirming churches in my area." It's not that that's the only issue we care about, but we thought it'd serve as a decent litmus test for more progressive churches. We live in a smallish city in the deep south, so it was mighty slim pickings. 

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Portia said:

Thanks for the historical perspective. We found the PCUSA by Googling "gay-affirming churches in my area." It's not that that's the only issue we care about, but we thought it'd serve as a decent litmus test for more progressive churches. We live in a smallish city in the deep south, so it was mighty slim pickings. 

That was a genius litmus test. About the only one you could actually find.

I'm saving this idea to recommend the next time I have friends who move and start looking for a new church in a strange place! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I went this past week to a music conference, and it was awesome! Anyway, one of my friends was on Instagram, and came across an article about Jinger and Jeremy moving to LA. I found out a lot of people I know watch the show, which was funny! I said, "I think Jeremy is pretentious," and they all disagreed! They're obviously casual viewers of the show, and they said, "I don't like Jill! Jinger and Jeremy are cool, though. They're the most normal!" I showed them the picture of Jeremy in front of his books, and they agreed that the books were overboard, but said they didn't find him pretentious. I wanted to throw something lol!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

It’s almost as if he read the posts here about too many Felicity pictures. 🤔

Ugh, I am so sick of parents dressing babies in age-inappropriate clothing and accessories just to feed their own egos. I actually like that style of headband when worn by someone with, you know, some hair to be held back. On Felicity it looks a little silly, and I'm also guessing that it falls off regularly and has to be put back on throughout the day because God forbid she not be perfectly accessorized at all times. As for her little outfit, I'd like it if not for those bell sleeves, which seem too long and cumbersome for such a small child. She should be free to explore her environment without her fussy clothes getting in the way. She's a kid, not a prop. I know they love her, but I think they forget that.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I went this past week to a music conference, and it was awesome! Anyway, one of my friends was on Instagram, and came across an article about Jinger and Jeremy moving to LA. I found out a lot of people I know watch the show, which was funny! I said, "I think Jeremy is pretentious," and they all disagreed! They're obviously casual viewers of the show, and they said, "I don't like Jill! Jinger and Jeremy are cool, though. They're the most normal!" I showed them the picture of Jeremy in front of his books, and they agreed that the books were overboard, but said they didn't find him pretentious. I wanted to throw something lol!

Show them the silk Rembrandt pocket square...in EUROS.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5