Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Seems like she's been covering her hair a lot since the bleaching. Usually when someone has a new color they like they show it off & style their hair well. I wonder if she had some hair loss or breakage & the damage is obvious so she's hiding it AMAP.

It probably takes a ton of time to maintain and when you’re moving, it’s hardly a priority.

That and/or she was just messing with everyone. I still think it might have been a wig and possibly Cade’s fiancée’s because it was almost identical.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

It probably takes a ton of time to maintain and when you’re moving, it’s hardly a priority.

That and/or she was just messing with everyone. I still think it might have been a wig and possibly Cade’s fiancée’s because it was almost identical.

Unless she’s got a scarf tied in along with the hat, the hair of hers we can see in the background of the Felicity/luggage video is pretty blond. So I’m thinking it wasn’t a wig. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 6

This is piss poor advertising, Jeremy.  

My guess is maybe it is the hat? It looks like it has a logo that might match "Banner of Truth," but I can't quite make it out and am too lazy to confirm. 

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I give up. I have no clue what he is selling. What is he supposed to be selling?

I googled. Banner of Truth is an online bookstore selling Evangelical books, sermons, essays, opinions, gospels, etc. etc. In other words, endless verbiage by genus Evangelical, species HomusTalkethTooMuch, gender male.

No hats, though, so dunno what RFP thinks he’s shilling.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I googled. Banner of Truth is an online bookstore selling Evangelical books, sermons, essays, opinions, gospels, etc. etc. In other words, endless verbiage by genus Evangelical, species HomusTalkethTooMuch, gender male.

For all your god-botherer needs!

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Wow that makes it seem even more inept. Maybe we're supposed to pick up on something subliminal now, and seeing Jeremy is supposed to make us automatically think of books. 😂😂😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Ah, the first male Duggar or Duggar extension to be in a paid partnership! Well, not surprised it's Jeremy. 

Didn't Josh beat him to it? Some sort of fishing thing?

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Does that book say "Puritan" Devotional Readings? WTH is that supposed to mean? ETA: Oh, I bet the "Voices From the Past" are Puritans.

Here's a definition of Puritan: a member of a group of Protestants that arose in the 16th century within the Church of England, demanding the simplification of doctrine and worship, and greater strictness in religious discipline: during part of the 17th century the Puritans became a powerful political party.

Edited by OpieTaylor
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Does that book say "Puritan" Devotional Readings? WTH is that supposed to mean?

Here's a definition of Puritan: a member of a group of Protestants that arose in the 16th century within the Church of England, demanding the simplification of doctrine and worship, and greater strictness in religious discipline: during part of the 17th century the Puritans became a powerful political party.

Banner of Truth is Reformed, so they idolize the Puritans. I went to college at a school with Presbyterian historical ties that still got a lot of devout Reformed students. The crowd I knew was insufferable and thought the Puritans were awesome and the rest of the world are assholes for not liking them. I remember taking a class on Colonial America with one of them, and any discussion about the Puritans was interrupted with her defenses of them. At one point, she whined, "Why do people not like Puritans," and I asked her if she'd ever read The Crucible. She did not respond, but she also shut up, so I'll take it as a win. 🙂

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 5
  • Love 18
6 hours ago, Lunera said:

Banner of Truth gave him many of his nice book collections and the busts.

Why would they?  Jeremy was an untrained, uneducated preacher to a very small church.  And now he is a college student.  I don't understand why they would bestow expensive books and busts upon him.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The fans who still watch the show and post on various social media sites about the Duggars do so for two reasons.  They love weddings and they love babies and more weddings and even more babies.  Not sure there is much of a market in that bunch for gloomy religious texts.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

The fans who still watch the show and post on various social media sites about the Duggars do so for two reasons.  They love weddings and they love babies and more weddings and even more babies.  Not sure there is much of a market in that bunch for gloomy religious texts.

If Jeremy and Jinger's followers are the same type of Xtian as they are, I can see where this endorsement can pay off for Banner of Truth.  Amazon has killed the local bookstore and most of it's corporate competitors.  In America in 2019, there are people who live without a physical bookstore within 100 miles of them.  Even if there is a bookstore nearby, the independent booksellers that have thrived throughout this tend to skew liberal.  There are conservative Xtians looking for books and other materials, but have no idea where to look.  Browsing on Amazon is a PITA.  I just looked at Amazon lists 90,000 results for the general Christian section.  A bookstore like Banner of Truth can operate online and even thrive if they price correctly.  These followers of J & J can access a website with carefully curated books for their religious beliefs.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

If Jeremy and Jinger's followers are the same type of Xtian as they are, I can see where this endorsement can pay off for Banner of Truth.  Amazon has killed the local bookstore and most of it's corporate competitors.  In America in 2019, there are people who live without a physical bookstore within 100 miles of them.  Even if there is a bookstore nearby, the independent booksellers that have thrived throughout this tend to skew liberal.  There are conservative Xtians looking for books and other materials, but have no idea where to look.  Browsing on Amazon is a PITA.  I just looked at Amazon lists 90,000 results for the general Christian section.  A bookstore like Banner of Truth can operate online and even thrive if they price correctly.  These followers of J & J can access a website with carefully curated books for their religious beliefs.  

You assume most of their fans are Christians, since that was part of the initial hook.  Now,  after the scandals,  I picture a bunch of old grandmas and young girls who worship weddings and babies more than Jesus.  Not a lot of disposable income types.

As a note,  my husband has published quite a bit over the years.  His publisher still uses catalogs and websites and is successful in their niche, military history.  They do not use influencers.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Zella said:

Banner of Truth is Reformed, so they idolize the Puritans. I went to college at a school with Presbyterian historical ties that still got a lot of devout Reformed students. The crowd I knew was insufferable and thought the Puritans were awesome and the rest of the world are assholes for not liking them. I remember taking a class on Colonial America with one of them, and any discussion about the Puritans was interrupted with her defenses of them. At one point, she whined, "Why do people not like Puritans," and I asked her if she'd ever read The Crucible. She did not respond, but she also shut up, so I'll take it as a win. 🙂

That's interesting. In my experience, though, modern Baptists are far more Puritanical than he Presbyterians I've been worshiping with of late.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Portia said:

That's interesting. In my experience, though, modern Baptists are far more Puritanical than he Presbyterians I've been worshiping with of late.

Oh I can definitely see that. I think I had the misfortune of being around Reformed folks who were really militant and vocal about it, and that was what attracted them to this particular institution (though they often were angered when they realized they were in the minority), so I never had the chance to be around the more chill ones. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Portia said:

Didn't Josh beat him to it? Some sort of fishing thing?

I guess I was thinking that Josh doesn't have his own IG - perhaps it was linked to something else or to Anna's IG account. 

Whereas, this is truly through Jeremy's own IG account.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Lol. I'd ask why they all disappred. Maybe due to lack of insta influencers?

We also used to joke about their hideously ugly shoes, too, just to piss her off. 😂

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I don't think it's a wig. I do think she had her hair done weeks before she posted the pictures because her roots looked very dark. 

The blonde was obviously Jeremy producer driven for an episode and she had to go along with it. I know she's dying to go back to brurnette.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I think it was a wig. The bow doesn’t match and looks ridiculous. 

Felicity is all Jeremy.

The bow matches a bit of the embroidery/cut-out pattern.  It's still stupid!

To Train Up a Child and Growing God's Tomatoes (and books of that ilk) have entire chapters dedicated to training infants and toddlers to sit still on your lap. It involves lots of thigh slapping so I'm happy to see Felicity is not being "properly trained".

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
13 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I think it was a wig. The bow doesn’t match and looks ridiculous. 

Felicity is all Jeremy.

I really do not think it was a wig.  You can see her highlights.  I think she hasn't gotten her roots done OR had a ton of breakage.

• Love 10
40 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Didn’t Jinger have significant hair thinning/loss around her hairline after she had Felicity?  Maybe it just hasn’t grown all the way back yet.  

She did, yes, which makes the double-process dye job an odd choice. If your hair is thinning the last thing you should do is fry it with bleach.

• Love 22
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

She did, yes, which makes the double-process dye job an odd choice. If your hair is thinning the last thing you should do is fry it with bleach.

So maybe she’s hiding a giant bald spot?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

She's a Duggar so she probably believed that none of that applied to her.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Her hair probably turned orange.  I’ve dyed my hair every color under the sun.  It takes a lot of upkeep.  IF she went to a good hairstylist, they would have bleached, put a toner on it to mask the orange, then blonde dye.  It would have been a lengthy sit in the chair (6+ hours).  Then she would go back every 6 week maximum to re-dye the bleached parts and bleach the roots.  Minimum three to four hour sit.  I’ve spent hundreds of dollars on shampoos, conditioners, masques, you name it because you have to wash it a very certain way to keep the dye in.

If she just bleached it and dumped box blonde on her hair or had a “friend” do it, that’ll be gone in four weeks top.  The hair will be fried, the bleached parts will turn carrot orange.  There’s some evidence in the few hatless pictures that has happened.

I bet TLC has hooked her up with a celebrity stylist in LA to fix it, but she’s got to get there first.

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
50 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Rev PP now has nicknames for his young BILs. Slim Jim? Really?

I totally read that in Macho Man Randy Savage's voice. Because I watched way too much wrestling as a child. 😄

I feel like Jeremy is trying to seem more like a man of the people--maybe as a response to the recent criticism about him coming off as pretentious--and it really is an awkward, unnatural persona for him to adopt.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Rev PP now has nicknames for his young BILs. Slim Jim? Really?

Very cute.  Felicity and Slim Jim (They sound like a morning radio drive-time duo) have the same shape face & the same ears.   James is almost old enough for her to be his baby.  He'll be 18 next week. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I think she got into the brain bleach by accident. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Very cute.  Felicity and Slim Jim (They sound like a morning radio drive-time duo) have the same shape face & the same ears.   James is almost old enough for her to be his baby.  He'll be 18 next week. 

James is not a piece of beef jerky.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2