Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Temperance said:

I have thought about this too. I didn't realise hair-dyeing was now okay while pregnant and I did some research. According to the articles I read, I found they said that it wasn't that bad. However they also recommend caution.  A big thing I kept reading was "If you're already dyeing regularly without problems, then you shouldn't have a problem."  This seems significant, because Jinger was not dyeing her hair regularly as far as we know. Also you use a lot more hair dye to change the color completely, then you would to maintain already existing color. It also takes more hair dye (and maybe even bleach) to go from a dark color (like Jinger's) to blonde. Finally the advice is be more cautious in the first trimester. 

I have to admit it sounds risky to make a big hair color change while pregnant. I think if she was more than 3 months along, we would know.  I don't necessarily think she is pregnant. If people are asking about more blessings, it's none of their business.

Pregnant women can dye their hair.  Unless you have a scalp condition with open sores or something, none of that stuff seeps into your bloodstream.  If it cannot get into the mom, it cannot get to the baby.  The only thing I warn women about is that hair dye often has a strong odor and, if you're one of those pregnant people who is sensitive to smell, make sure the area is well ventilated, open a window, turn on a fan, etc/

• Useful 8
  • Love 12

In Germany pregnant women are still discouraged from coloring their hair and you are advised to use plant based hair dye or henna instead. You should also be careful with nail polish or hair removal cream as far as I know. At least that's what I was told as I'm pregnant right now and my two friends who have been breast feeding for about a year now are still not using any of these products. I have accepted that my grey hairs will be visible for at least a year and a half ;). However, what I really miss are my colored toe nails in sandals or flip flops now that summer is finally here. But, better safe than sorry.

I don't think Jinger is pregnant and I hope that they wait till they are settled in LA. If I had the choice, I wouldn't want to be pregnant while moving and building a new life in a different city with a totally different mentality and far away from close family and friends.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Dirndl said:

In Germany pregnant women are still discouraged from coloring their hair and you are advised to use plant based hair dye or henna instead. You should also be careful with nail polish or hair removal cream as far as I know. At least that's what I was told as I'm pregnant right now and my two friends who have been breast feeding for about a year now are still not using any of these products. I have accepted that my grey hairs will be visible for at least a year and a half ;). However, what I really miss are my colored toe nails in sandals or flip flops now that summer is finally here. But, better safe than sorry.

I don't think Jinger is pregnant and I hope that they wait till they are settled in LA. If I had the choice, I wouldn't want to be pregnant while moving and building a new life in a different city with a totally different mentality and far away from close family and friends.

There is absolutely no reason not to paint your toenails while pregnant with today's nail polishes.  Maybe 30 years ago that was the case, but the chemicals like formaldehyde are no longer used in nail polish. Even then, the chance of those chemicals getting into your bloodstream from being painted on your nails is very slim.  

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, Dirndl said:

It’s also perfectly fine to dye your hair while breastfeeding, so go ahead and cover your grey if you wish!  No physiological mechanism for it to appear in the milk. 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Well, I guess "remarkable" sort of works for Jim Bob. 

I still think Jer's demeaning his parents by pairing them up with JB and M in these Mother's and Father's Day greetings. .... 

I'd create separate posts for the pretty sane, decent-seeming family and the "remarkable" one. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
39 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I’ll have to say that Felicity is one of the happiest little munchkins I’ve ever seen on SM.  She truly is adorable. 💕 She makes me wish I had grandchildren.

• Love 12

I'm going to call it and say she pregnant.  That's the only time I have seen Boob and Mullet genuinely happy is when Jinger announced her last pregnancy. Also, if you zoom into Jill's video you can see Jinger cupping her hands under her belly. 

• Love 5
On 6/14/2019 at 10:21 AM, Lunera said:

Maybe they have those cheesy smiles because Jinge just announced that she's expecting a little one.

Where has Meechelle's neck gone?  Bueller?

• LOL 10
33 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I'm going to call it and say she pregnant. 

Something’s going on. Her face is rounder and her lack of fucks to give about the hair could be morning sickness + toddler + temporary living situation = screw it.

Or Reverend FancyPants is just hogging the mirror.

16 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Where has Meechelle's neck gone?  Bueller?

It’s collapsed into her shoulders and boobs, all of which are sinking into her hips. She’s a human armadillo now.

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
(edited)
49 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I'm going to call it and say she pregnant.  That's the only time I have seen Boob and Mullet genuinely happy is when Jinger announced her last pregnancy. Also, if you zoom into Jill's video you can see Jinger cupping her hands under her belly. 

I mentioned that when the photo was first posted where Jingle was wearing that awful hat. She looks fuller in the face, much like Jessa does in early pregnancy. She looks "different" and it's not just the hair.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 10

These are the screenshots from the video. They are terrible quality but you can make out a J boy, Jeremy, Jinger, Jill and Derk behind her hanging on for dear life 

20190618_121928.jpg.f25730fa6696a6f465af06bd1c45d119.jpgScreenshot_20190618-105913_Instagram.jpg.fd53688fee42b530b78a49df00a4f998.jpg

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

My guess is on it being Jinger who is due in January, if one of them is. That post recent picture of her and her parents and Jeremy--I was a bit surprised by how much fuller her face looked, especially since she herself is so thin. And for all her talk about not having a baby this year, technically, a January baby wouldn't contradict that. 🙄

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

Not lying, technically! 

They really should have this in a cross stitch above the TTH faux fireplace...

Maybe they can make it the motto on a family crest. 😂

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Felicity has a head!!!

(Seriously, is this the first photo without some kind of bow/headdress/beanie that we’ve seen?)

I personally can  only recall one other photo where they didn't have something on her head.  I hope that once she grows a full head of hair, they stop with the headwear nonsense.

Also - Jinger is definitely glowing!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

What up with Jinger's hair? What's the point if the dye job if she's going to hide her hair.

“Guys it’s been soooo emotional we just had to post this photo of us all smiling and happy yay”

Also look at Michelle’s face looks like someone gave her a black-eye 😬 

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, Puffin said:

“Guys it’s been soooo emotional we just had to post this photo of us all smiling and happy yay”

Also look at Michelle’s face looks like someone gave her a black-eye 😬 

With the big cheesy grins, Jinger's face is shaped exactly like Michelle's.

• Love 7

Maybe these are F-you pics from Jeremy. He's showing the world he's tight with JB & M. Or maybe these are, so long, farewell, we're moving to LA and won't be seeing you for a while pics.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe these are F-you pics from Jeremy. He's showing the world he's tight with JB & M. Or maybe these are, so long, farewell, we're moving to LA and won't be seeing you for a while pics.

Or they’re suck-up photos...no way Reverend FancyPants has got the kind of money he will want to live stylishly in LA. He may be hitting up the in-laws...grifting from the grifters.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Jinger's body shape really has changed. Her chest looks larger and her dress isn't going straight down. 

Hmmm....  👀

Also notice how she's wearing busy prints lately. Perfect for disguising a growing bump.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
Just now, BitterApple said:

Also notice how she's wearing busy prints lately. Perfect for disguising a growing bump.

If Jinger is pregnant and the one due in December I wonder why she’s keeping it quiet? 🤔

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Puffin said:

If Jinger is pregnant and the one due in December I wonder why she’s keeping it quiet? 🤔

There's always strategic timing to their announcements. I can see Jeremy wanting to wait until they're in L.A. and they can do a photo shoot in front of the Hollywood sign or other landmark.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

Maybe they were going to film the announcement on their trip to LA?  Then Mary passed and plans changed? 

1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Maybe trying to hold off on an announcement until after they're settled in LA?

I think that's it. 

• Love 1

I think if any of them are due in January, they're waiting for three months which is late June at the earliest. I was also sure Jill is pregnant. And we haven't seen Abbie in over a month. So 4 of them plus Amy are pregnant, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if every married-childbearing-age woman is besides Jessa. 

• LOL 3

Instead of the focus of the post being on Grandma Mary now its on the ' is she or isn't she' pregnancy speculation. Nice Jinger!  Earning that paycheck.

My vote pregnant because Duggar.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
44 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I think if any of them are due in January, they're waiting for three months which is late June at the earliest.

If Jinger is pregnant (and I hope she's not because as cute as Felicity is I'd like to see one of them actually value their kids as more than a number) and due in January wouldn't she not be quite so large? If the photos from Mary's funeral suggested she might be (shape wise) I would have assumed she was much further along than not quite the months. 

• Love 4
(edited)
5 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

You can pretty much tell which one works for a living...

My first thought as well.

The caption is odd. Jinger and Joy aren't particularly close so I find it hard to believe Jeremy and Austin have spent enough time together to develop an Instagram-worthy bromance. It seems so random.

Edited by BitterApple
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Does Cade know about this?!?! I think he'd be crushed to know Jeremy's got an alleged bromance going on with someone else too. 😉

• LOL 20
(edited)

Where the hell is the blonde hair? I thought she was covering it with the hat so her parents didn’t stroke out, but now what? Temp brown to not freak them all out at the funeral? She JUST had it done. 

Edited by EmeraldGirl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8