Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jer laying off IG is especially true since he claims not to have it downloaded on his phone. If he takes a picture, he'd have to text it to Jinger, then get on her phone to write a caption. So, grieving Jinger gets involved whether she wants to be or not. 

He lied.

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

He lied.

Yeah I've suspected he was lying about the Instagram thing from the beginning. 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

If you're into photography and want to show raw emotion, then show it!  I personally love pictures that show emotional depth.

Way back before cell phones, my husband snapped a picture of me, sitting on my mother's freshly dug grave, sobbing into my hands.  I don't think I would post it publicly but it is so raw and I do treasure that he captured my grief.

This Jim Bob picture is is kinda odd. Looks like Jim Bob was crying and then had to smile for the camera.   

I would not have posted this picture but since Mary just died, I can't say much.  

  • Like 4
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

I think the beaming for the cameras is a little odd, too. I don't see why they can't save it for later, and post in about a week. They know people are going to judge them, so I would just take a step back if I were them. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

He lied.

Well, I did qualify my statement by saying that he CLAIMS not to have IG. 😁

3 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I think the beaming for the cameras is a little odd, too. I don't see why they can't save it for later, and post in about a week. They know people are going to judge them, so I would just take a step back if I were them. 

The service isn't until Monday. Even the mighty Duggars couldn't book Cross Church this week.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

That's a long time for people to put their lives on hold waiting for a memorial service.  They aren't even calling it a funeral but a celebration of life or something.  I prefer the service to be held in two or three days and then begin moving on.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Absolom said:

That's a long time for people to put their lives on hold waiting for a memorial service.  They aren't even calling it a funeral but a celebration of life or something.  I prefer the service to be held in two or three days and then begin moving on.  

Agreed. They had JL's and Jubilee's services within three days. I get that the Duggars need the stadium church, but they've been there twice before with no problems. Couldn't they have gone to Fayetteville? 

Jana says she went to church with Mary on Sunday. Did Mary attend Cross Church and Jana went to spend time with her rather than attend services at Pa Caldwell's?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

She might be able to pull it off if she had bothered to iron it or send it to the dry cleaners.  

Do what now? / Jinger probably

On 6/12/2019 at 10:11 PM, JoanArc said:

Somebody's gonna suggest funeral-goers toss a buck in the casket, as they pass.

I'm an awful human being but my first thought was that Boob totally would if he could get away with it(and you know he will figure out a way to keep it)

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Give it a rest until after the funeral, Jeremy. 

He can't. He's like Tinkerbell, needs applause to stay alive.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 17
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, I did qualify my statement by saying that he CLAIMS not to have IG. 😁

The service isn't until Monday. Even the mighty Duggars couldn't book Cross Church this week.

They probably had to wait until TLC's camera was available to film a very special Duggar episode. 

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post

If Grandma Mary was cremated, then people usually do a memorial service.  This can be anytime, really.  My dad's memorial service was two months after he died.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Absolom said:

That's a long time for people to put their lives on hold waiting for a memorial service. 

Not for people with no jobs or other commitments, who spend their lives just sitting around the house taking pictures and posting online.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Wonder if Jinger saw the disturbing FB post (now deleted only b/c the poster started getting tons of friend requests from it) where a baby suffocated while Mom took a shower because the baby was wearing one of those huge headbands and pulled it down over her face.  Honestly I think that's a rare thing to happen but I can see where it would be a risk; to me those big bow headbands look silly anyway but if you just have to have them I think best bet is take them off the kid when nobody is around.  After all it's to make the baby look "cute" or "girly", if nobodies there to see her who cares if the headband is on or not, I'd go with better safe than sorry.

Also been wondering if Jinger subscribes to the advice that you shouldn't get our hair colored while pregnant?  I think that's considered out dated now but it did make me think maybe she also did her hair to head off any "when's the next blessing" questions.  I'm pretty sure she and Jer will space things out since they're the only ones to wait a decent amount of time between wedding and first baby.  But I'm also sure with Felicity going on a year old now she gets her share of questions from family and friends who pop them out like clockwork.

  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Zella said:

I'm sorry about your grandparent. 😞

And as for that picture, he really could just sit on it for a few days and then share it. 

But how's he going to build his image and get famous if he's invisible for a few days? Building your image as a hip and happening influencer and 21st-century celebrity pastor requires full-time work, people!    

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Lunera said:

I don't have a problem with the way people choose to grieve but can JerMe chill with the Instagram pictures and enjoy private family time. Most of the girls have been quiet except for tribute pictures for Mary. We get it she's a cute baby and you like being a SM whore but this isn't the time. 

I never really like the lady but even I'm in shock after hearing all the details of her death. 

Is this from the Citrus and Lemon infant line?  Looks like Felicity is ready for a diaper change. Odd photo choice. 

  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Is this from the Citrus and Lemon infant line?  Looks like Felicity is ready for a diaper change. Odd photo choice. 

It's certainly a "meh" image.

He did a bad job editing this photo. The reflections in the glass door are not sufficiently minimized by the filter(s) he chose to apply. Smartphones have good cameras these days but you need a real camera with a polarizing filter to deal with glass reflections. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, louannems said:

If Grandma Mary was cremated, then people usually do a memorial service.  This can be anytime, really.  My dad's memorial service was two months after he died.

My dad's was 6 weeks. We didn't have the big funeral home funeral. We just made sure we picked a day everyone could get together (it was around the Labor day holiday so that had to be taken into consideration) and we had a memorial at a nearby country club with pictures, music, good food and good beer (he was German after all). 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Zella said:

Yeah I've suspected he was lying about the Instagram thing from the beginning. 

You can access Instagram from a browser now.  He can have an account, upload from his phone, and technically tell the truth about not having the app downloaded.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Saylii said:

You can access Instagram from a browser now.  He can have an account, upload from his phone, and technically tell the truth about not having the app downloaded.

Ah okay thank you! I don't have Instagram at all, so I hadn't realized that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

I believe “Not lying, technically” is the Duggar family motto.

Or, so it works for Jer, the theologian -- "Non mentiri, technice"

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

But how's he going to build his image and get famous if he's invisible for a few days? Building your image as a hip and happening influencer and 21st-century celebrity pastor requires full-time work, people!    

He's not even a pastor anymore. His last sermon was Sunday past.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

He's not even a pastor anymore. His last sermon was Sunday past.

Did they  have a goodby party for Jeremy or did they all say 'don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out'?  Just wondering.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 22

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Did they  have a goodby party for Jeremy or did they all say 'don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out'?  Just wondering.

I can only stand about 5 minutes of his sermons, so I didn't stick around to find out. 😁

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

Also been wondering if Jinger subscribes to the advice that you shouldn't get our hair colored while pregnant?  I think that's considered out dated now but it did make me think maybe she also did her hair to head off any "when's the next blessing" questions.  I'm pretty sure she and Jer will space things out since they're the only ones to wait a decent amount of time between wedding and first baby.  But I'm also sure with Felicity going on a year old now she gets her share of questions from family and friends who pop them out like clockwork.

I have thought about this too. I didn't realise hair-dyeing was now okay while pregnant and I did some research. According to the articles I read, I found they said that it wasn't that bad. However they also recommend caution.  A big thing I kept reading was "If you're already dyeing regularly without problems, then you shouldn't have a problem."  This seems significant, because Jinger was not dyeing her hair regularly as far as we know. Also you use a lot more hair dye to change the color completely, then you would to maintain already existing color. It also takes more hair dye (and maybe even bleach) to go from a dark color (like Jinger's) to blonde. Finally the advice is be more cautious in the first trimester. 

I have to admit it sounds risky to make a big hair color change while pregnant. I think if she was more than 3 months along, we would know.  I don't necessarily think she is pregnant. If people are asking about more blessings, it's none of their business.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

if Jinger had a ballyage, the color did not touch her scalp. with ballyage you can paint it on , but more than likely it was done using saran type wrap. The concern while pregnant is when the color is absorbed into the scalp. I am still have my hair license and used to do ballyage all the time....its pretty if done right , especially with different colors...going lighter in shades or darker in shades...

  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Here's my take on the whole smiling thing I don't think badly of the Duggars for going out to breakfast and wanting to enjoy happy moments with their granddaughter.

All i see is a bullshit photo  opportunity telling us we are just like your family a nice normal one.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I'll give Jing a pass for the wrinkled dress.  20 minutes in one of my favorite linen shirts, and I look like I've been sleeping in my car for a week.  Linen is NOT forgiving.  

She certainly didn't grow up with fine fabric clothing, unless one of the sisters manage to snag a pure wool sweater or silk blouse from one of the scrap bins at the 2nd hand stores.  She's probably still learning how to care for & wear the nice things she has now.  And they'd probably already spent a few hours together, so the wrinkles were inevitable.  The dress is adorable and great for a hot weather breakfast.  

Wrinkles aside, I still think she outshines every other woman in her family with her fashion choices. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Temperance said:

I have thought about this too. I didn't realise hair-dyeing was now okay while pregnant and I did some research. According to the articles I read, I found they said that it wasn't that bad. However they also recommend caution.  A big thing I kept reading was "If you're already dyeing regularly without problems, then you shouldn't have a problem."  This seems significant, because Jinger was not dyeing her hair regularly as far as we know. Also you use a lot more hair dye to change the color completely, then you would to maintain already existing color. It also takes more hair dye (and maybe even bleach) to go from a dark color (like Jinger's) to blonde. Finally the advice is be more cautious in the first trimester. 

I have to admit it sounds risky to make a big hair color change while pregnant. I think if she was more than 3 months along, we would know.  I don't necessarily think she is pregnant. If people are asking about more blessings, it's none of their business.

Pregnant women can dye their hair.  Unless you have a scalp condition with open sores or something, none of that stuff seeps into your bloodstream.  If it cannot get into the mom, it cannot get to the baby.  The only thing I warn women about is that hair dye often has a strong odor and, if you're one of those pregnant people who is sensitive to smell, make sure the area is well ventilated, open a window, turn on a fan, etc/

  • Like 10
  • Useful 7

Share this post


Link to post

In Germany pregnant women are still discouraged from coloring their hair and you are advised to use plant based hair dye or henna instead. You should also be careful with nail polish or hair removal cream as far as I know. At least that's what I was told as I'm pregnant right now and my two friends who have been breast feeding for about a year now are still not using any of these products. I have accepted that my grey hairs will be visible for at least a year and a half ;). However, what I really miss are my colored toe nails in sandals or flip flops now that summer is finally here. But, better safe than sorry.

I don't think Jinger is pregnant and I hope that they wait till they are settled in LA. If I had the choice, I wouldn't want to be pregnant while moving and building a new life in a different city with a totally different mentality and far away from close family and friends.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Dirndl said:

In Germany pregnant women are still discouraged from coloring their hair and you are advised to use plant based hair dye or henna instead. You should also be careful with nail polish or hair removal cream as far as I know. At least that's what I was told as I'm pregnant right now and my two friends who have been breast feeding for about a year now are still not using any of these products. I have accepted that my grey hairs will be visible for at least a year and a half ;). However, what I really miss are my colored toe nails in sandals or flip flops now that summer is finally here. But, better safe than sorry.

I don't think Jinger is pregnant and I hope that they wait till they are settled in LA. If I had the choice, I wouldn't want to be pregnant while moving and building a new life in a different city with a totally different mentality and far away from close family and friends.

There is absolutely no reason not to paint your toenails while pregnant with today's nail polishes.  Maybe 30 years ago that was the case, but the chemicals like formaldehyde are no longer used in nail polish. Even then, the chance of those chemicals getting into your bloodstream from being painted on your nails is very slim.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Dirndl said:

In Germany pregnant women are still discouraged from coloring their hair and you are advised to use plant based hair dye or henna instead. You should also be careful with nail polish or hair removal cream as far as I know. At least that's what I was told as I'm pregnant right now and my two friends who have been breast feeding for about a year now are still not using any of these products. I have accepted that my grey hairs will be visible for at least a year and a half ;). However, what I really miss are my colored toe nails in sandals or flip flops now that summer is finally here. But, better safe than sorry.

It’s also perfectly fine to dye your hair while breastfeeding, so go ahead and cover your grey if you wish!  No physiological mechanism for it to appear in the milk. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Well, I guess "remarkable" sort of works for Jim Bob. 

I still think Jer's demeaning his parents by pairing them up with JB and M in these Mother's and Father's Day greetings. .... 

I'd create separate posts for the pretty sane, decent-seeming family and the "remarkable" one. 

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I’ll have to say that Felicity is one of the happiest little munchkins I’ve ever seen on SM.  She truly is adorable. 💕 She makes me wish I had grandchildren.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×