Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I think it's a very sweet photo.  And makes perfect sense to me.  Even in the midst of grief over losing a loved one, there are still beautiful things in the world, and people to be grateful for.

Jing looks cute, and I still love those stained glass windows.    

• Love 13
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

I think it's a very sweet photo.  And makes perfect sense to me.  Even in the midst of grief over losing a loved one, there are still beautiful things in the world, and people to be grateful for.

Jing looks cute, and I still love those stained glass windows.    

If he had gone into depth and explained it just like that, I wouldn't have found it tacky. You should write his captions!

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm trying really hard to understand jinger's outfit here. Is is little house on the prairie? Is it a throwback to her childlike, dated apparel growing up? Is it dressing ladylike to go on a safari? Is it subtly trying to hide the blonde from Mom and Dad, who don't believe in dyeing hair? Not that they woke completely not notice, but is she downplaying it? Why is Jeremy wearing a casual-ish 21st century outfit?

soooo many questions. 

ETA: maybe it's a southaaaan women sitting down to lemonade look? Of southaaaaan women sipping lemonade in the nineties? Or eighteen nineties? I'm just soooo confused here. I like that Jinger tries, but IMO when she fails, she fails worse than Jill!

Edited by Christina87
  • LOL 11
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Christina87 said:

I'm trying really hard to understand jinger's outfit here. Is is little house on the prairie? Is it a throwback to her childlike, dated apparel growing up? Is it dressing ladylike to go on a safari? Is it subtly trying to hide the blonde from Mom and Dad, who don't believe in dyeing hair? Not that they woke completely not notice, but is she downplaying it? Why is Jeremy wearing a casual-ish 21st century outfit?

soooo many questions. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByqGCFMFNTB/?igshid=1n71yba3nm0k1

I'm . . . trying and failing to understand that picture too. LOL

• Love 6
Just now, Zella said:

I'm . . . trying and failing to understand that picture too. LOL

Me-chelle's shirt is just as bad, but Jinger usually does better. My god...just imagine Michelle's shirt in dress form!

(hides from the onslaught of mental images)

• LOL 3
6 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Jinger is probably hiding her hair for the big reveal on the show. Her roots look darker, maybe she had her hair redone.

Felicity- I understand your reaction. Jinj- what in the hell are you wearing?!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, truebluesmoky said:

I clicked Jeremy’s link to check out the Little Bread Company’s Instagram and was happy and amused to see that this was their second to most recent post: 

I wonder if the Duggars knew that before they ate there/gave the bakery publicity.

Lulz! If you scroll back through their Insta, they've been supporting Pride Month for years and even made a RuPaul birthday cake! Quite the conundrum for the Boobster. Deny himself sugar and carbs or spend money at a liberal establishment?

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Lulz! If you scroll back through their Insta, they've been supporting Pride Month for years and even made a RuPaul birthday cake! Quite the conundrum for the Boobster. Deny himself sugar and carbs or spend money at a liberal establishment?

HAHAHAHAHA that's awesome. Should have stuck with good ole chick-fil-a. 😜

9 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Yes, she’s going to find out fast how expensive upkeep can be to stay blonde.

I wonder if Jinger got her hair done longer ago than we know, and they were waiting to reveal it until closer to their move to drum up interest. We all know how they are about fudging dates!

• Love 10

Jinger shopping at Citrus and Lemon these days?

Does that poor kid’s head ever see the light of day? I’m probably projecting because I hate tight-fitting hats, actually I hate any head thing. Makes me sweaty and itchy. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Jinger’s dress looks like one of Amy’s tacky fundie dresses. 

I think it's a Brooks Brothers dress she has worn a few in different colors. Jinger just can't pull off expensive clothing. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I think it's a Brooks Brothers dress she has worn a few in different colors. Jinger just can't pull off expensive clothing. 

She might be able to pull it off if she had bothered to iron it or send it to the dry cleaners.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Is Boob ok with the girls coloring their hair???

Jana has a bad hair color story from her teens, so I guess it's okay as long as it's not a drastic (see Jinger) change.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, truebluesmoky said:

I clicked Jeremy’s link to check out the Little Bread Company’s Instagram and was happy and amused to see that this was their second to most recent post: 

I wonder if the Duggars knew that before they ate there/gave the bakery publicity.

From Jeremy's comments. Lol.

Screenshot_20190613-113206_Instagram.thumb.jpg.05d51848f8f37aa1c537a1136b2df7a6.jpg

I notice tons of negative comments are gone. There were a few asking why they looked so cheerful and that nobody seems to be grieving.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Both sides of my family get together for only the big occasions like weddings and funerals.  There are many photos of me out there posing for pictures on the day of my grandfathers' funerals, grandmother's funeral, father's funeral, etc.  Someone always wants you to take pictures because you never know when we will all be together again and you never know who will not be with us on the next occasion.  There are pictures of me floating around on teh internet from the 4 day event that was my dad's funeral that some may not approve of, but represent my family and how we handle grief.  All families are different.  

I agree! My family had a reception after my grandmother's death that was suspiciously a lot like a party! Haha. We didn't see those relatives much, and it warmed my heart that they cared so much to make it a pleasant time for us. 

• Love 9
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Lunera said:

She reminds me so much of myself from when I was maybe a college freshman. I could finally wear what I wanted, and a lot of time she I'd go to stores like banana republic and see something expensive and kind of out there, and figure it must be in style. Spoiler alert: it usually wasn't, and made me look and feel awkward. I kind of stick to the classic looks for the most part, and there are very few structrured sheath dresses that I will pass up, lol! I found one on the brooks brothers website kind of like jinger's for $114! I think Jinger could slay something more classic, like this simple but elegant blue dress I found on the website. 

IMG_2754.PNG

IMG_2755.PNG

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

soooo many questions. 

ETA: maybe it's a southaaaan women sitting down to lemonade look? Of southaaaaan women sipping lemonade in the nineties? Or eighteen nineties? I'm just soooo confused here. I like that Jinger tries, but IMO when she fails, she fails worse than Jill!

I don’t think the dress itself is bad. It’s styled wrong though. It’s a nice color (although I’m not a pink gal) with an appropriate sized print for her frame. I think it’s wrinkled to high heaven and the HAT makes me go 🥴. If it was just the dress and sandals or peep toe wedges it would be cute. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, not you again said:

Taking pictures because families are together for whatever reason is one thing.  They went out to eat breakfast and stood there and let someone else take that picture.  I thought most families went into a sort of seclusion between a death and the funeral.  I learn something new every day.  Other than go to the funeral home to make arrangements - and perhaps the funeral home came to them, who knows - it's not like they have any pressing business to attend to.

This hasn’t been my experience. Often when a small child dies the parents (often the mother) are so depressed they don’t wish to be seen, but for an adult that’s an elder (even if it’s sudden) people still go out and socialize. Many want to because 1. People are in town for the funeral, 2. No one wants to cook or clean up. 

• Love 16
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t think the dress itself is bad. It’s styled wrong though. It’s a nice color (although I’m not a pink gal) with an appropriate sized print for her frame. I think it’s wrinkled to high heaven and the HAT makes me go 🥴. If it was just the dress and sandals or peep toe wedges it would be cute. 

Good point. The hat is the worst part!

ETA: the hat takes the outfit to costumey. The dress alone would SUGGEST little house on the prairie. The hat takes it to costume level!

Edited by Christina87
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Not a fan of the print on this dress, however the combination of the dopey hat and the wrinkly dress make it a big fashion fail for me.

Jinger's face looks very round in that picture.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Quite the conundrum for the Boobster. Deny himself sugar and carbs or spend money at a liberal establishment?

Why would anybody assume that Jim Bob paid for anything? 

And I can't believe he spends any time researching retail establishments, their backgrounds or their corporate philosophies regarding philanthropy and community group support. 

That's why Jana has a smart phone.  She can be their conscience. 

5 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Nice save attempt. Someone has some sense.

Yes, take pictures with family. FOR THE FAMILY. Maybe for friends.

But when the matriarch JUST died tragically, posting famewhore grin photos on public social media is completely tone deaf.

WTF with these people...

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, DkNNy79 said:

Not a fan of the print on this dress, however the combination of the dopey hat and the wrinkly dress make it a big fashion fail for me.

Jinger's face looks very round in that picture.

If she’s living out of a suitcase right now I understand the dress disaster.

That hat? It has “I had NO idea how high maintenance this hair was going to be” written all over it.

• LOL 12
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

But when the matriarch JUST died tragically, posting famewhore grin photos on public social media is completely tone deaf.

WTF with these people...

It is so repulsive, I almost have no words.  Wearing big old shit eating grins, they have no idea how bad that looks.

• Love 6
(edited)
49 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

WTF with these people...

No matter what anyone says, I remain of the opinion that Jim Bob doesn't give a crap about his kids as individuals (though of course he lurrrrrves the way they prove he has so many sperm that are great swimmers).

And he showed how he felt about his ailing father.

So where's the evidence he actually cared much about his mother?

She was quite useful to him for many years. But she obviously stopped being useful as her health failed. Did anybody ever actually hear of Jim Bob relishing his mother's company or deferring to her in any way or saying anything nice about her except the perennial -- she realized at age 15 that she was a sinner so she loved Jesus? I try to pay as little attention to Jim Bob as possible, so I may have missed a lot. But I haven't heard of anything that showed them being particularly close. .... or close at all, for that matter. Jim Bob's a famewhore who gets a biiiig grin for any camera. 

To me, everybody here is just being who they always are. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

From Jeremy's comments. Lol.

Screenshot_20190613-113206_Instagram.thumb.jpg.05d51848f8f37aa1c537a1136b2df7a6.jpg

I notice tons of negative comments are gone. There were a few asking why they looked so cheerful and that nobody seems to be grieving.

@curtainsbychandra can sit down and STFU.  Holier-than-thou-bitch.  That sounds just like something JRod would write.

• LOL 2
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

@curtainsbychandra can sit down and STFU.  Holier-than-thou-bitch.  That sounds just like something JRod would write.

Of course, when the Duggars and Jer are behind closed or partly closed doors, they sound exactly like this, too.

Haven't heard Jingle say anything in this line. And JB's spoutings that I've heard have mostly been about abortion. But M has certainly been quite vocal and politically active on the anti-gay front, and I expect her headship does agree with her. And Jer has preached vehemently against LGBT equality and legitimacy, and he's a great devotee of John MacArthur's anti-gay rants and a top signer of the anti-social-justice letter that is anti-gay, among other things. 

So I don't think it's surprising that somebody who shares their actual values might think she was doing them a favor by warning them that they may be inadvertently publicizing someone who supports a cause they call deeply immoral and sinful. 

At least she's (apparently) not a hypocrite. But they are -- For TeeVee purposes, gotta look more mainstream, I suppose. 

• Love 8

I suspect that they just didn't know that the restaurant suppors the LGBTQ community. A large part of their ministry fame seems to be going to likeminded businesses like ChickaFil and Magnolia mart, so I can see why their fans are concerned.  For the most part, they try to keep their mouths shut about LGBTQ+, but their fans have a good idea of their beliefs. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Temperance said:

I suspect that they just didn't know that the restaurant suppors the LGBTQ community. A large part of their ministry fame seems to be going to likeminded businesses like ChickaFil and Magnolia mart, so I can see why their fans are concerned.  For the most part, they try to keep their mouths shut about LGBTQ+, but their fans have a good idea of their beliefs. 

Yeah, I agree that they probably just didn't know. It probably comes as a nasty surprise to them to realize that a lot of people are on that side of the argument now, even in Arkansas. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

WTF with these people...

Exactly. Why don’t people get this?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Lunera said:

Starting with her wedding gown. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I don’t judge anyone who is grieving. I have laughed at funerals. Everyone mourns in a different way. 

I won't judge either.  At my dad's visitation, there were two relatives (from my dad's side) that came in just for the visitation.  We were laughing and remembering old times. Later I found out my mom's sister said: "she sure seemed to be having a good time with her father's family."  Guess what?   They are my family too! Looking at the Duggars:  usually, when there are kids around, a person can't help but smile even when mourning. 

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I don’t judge anyone who is grieving. I have laughed at funerals. Everyone mourns in a different way. 

Not gonna lie, some of my funniest anecdotes are from funerals. My family ranges from completely irreverent to unintentionally hilarious when grieving.

• Love 13