Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Not to mention the special shampoo and toners Jinger's going to need to prevent brassiness. It wouldn't surprise me if she goes back to brunette once summer is over. TLC may have paid for the initial salon visit, but they're not going to pay for root touch-ups every 4-6 weeks. 

In Jingers defense. I just picked up some purple shampoo for my recently dyed blonde hair for like 9 bucks at Ulta.  It's not that expensive and she could get a decent deep conditioner for around $10.  She might have already picked these up at the salon especially if TLC or the production company was footing the bill.  I would be getting all the products if someone else was paying.

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, NotFundie said:

I think Jill will post a comment bait question like, "Have any of you moms ever colored your hair at home?  What did you use?"  Then she'll post photos that Izzy took of her new magenta locks - she will be squinting into the sun - and we will see Sam playing with the dye bottle somewhere in the background.  Finally, they'll be eating in the car again and Izzy will be in the back seat holding his bag of trash.  Clueless Jill will post the photo.

Sorry.  Just realized I was posting this on the Jinger topic.  As for me, I like the blonde dye job.  I like anything she does that might piss off Jim Boob.

I love everything about this post! Spot on!!!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

Considering the nose ring, I could see Jill going for a loud, unnatural color. She'd preface the instagram reveal with some anecdote about walking past the hair dye aisle at the store and Izzy saw a picture of someone with blue hair and told her he thinks she should have blue hair. And then she'd dye it magenta. 

Honestly I would find that a lot more interesting than Jinger.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

In Jingers defense. I just picked up some purple shampoo for my recently dyed blonde hair for like 9 bucks at Ulta.  It's not that expensive and she could get a decent deep conditioner for around $10.  She might have already picked these up at the salon especially if TLC or the production company was footing the bill.  I would be getting all the products if someone else was paying.

What is purple shampoo?  I’ve never heard of it. 

• Love 1

Huh. I'm a brunette and I had no idea that this was a thing for blondes. I wonder if there is a similar type of shampoo for brunettes so that I can get more of a rich brown color? 🤔

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Huh. I'm a brunette and I had no idea that this was a thing for blondes. I wonder if there is a similar type of shampoo for brunettes so that I can get more of a rich brown color? 🤔

There used to be a line of shampoo which claimed to enhance one's natural (or artificial, for that matter) hair color. I used to use it for a while, but changed to things which focused more on the curl at some point, and I don't recall the brand now. There are probably other similar things out there. Apparently you can also use coffee for a similar effect, but I've never tried that. Nowadays I'm growing out the grey, so it doesn't really matter anymore.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, NotFundie said:

I think Jill will post a comment bait question like, "Have any of you moms ever colored your hair at home?  What did you use?"  Then she'll post photos that Izzy took of her new magenta locks - she will be squinting into the sun - and we will see Sam playing with the dye bottle somewhere in the background.  Finally, they'll be eating in the car again and Izzy will be in the back seat holding his bag of trash.  Clueless Jill will post the photo.

Sorry.  Just realized I was posting this on the Jinger topic.  As for me, I like the blonde dye job.  I like anything she does that might piss off Jim Boob.

Don't forget Jill's hashtags:  

#momsnewlook

#lookatme

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

There is, but darn if I can’t remember it’s name. Next time I go shopping I’ll look for it and send you a screenshot if I see it. I used to buy it for my half-Sister as it wasn’t available in her small town. She said that it gave her richer color and loved it. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Aveda makes a line of shampoos and conditioners specific to red, blonde and brown hair. The conditioner is heavily pigmented so it will deposit a bit of color. IIRC, Sally's sells something similar but I can't think of which brand offhand. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

There used to be a line of shampoo which claimed to enhance one's natural (or artificial, for that matter) hair color. I used to use it for a while, but changed to things which focused more on the curl at some point, and I don't recall the brand now. There are probably other similar things out there. Apparently you can also use coffee for a similar effect, but I've never tried that. Nowadays I'm growing out the grey, so it doesn't really matter anymore.

Was it John Frieda? I remember using their sheer blonde shampoo for years, and then perfectly platinum, or whatever the lighter color was, to try to get it lighter. It seemed to enhance the color, but then I ultimately switched to a frizz ease shampoo, because that became a bigger problem for me. 

• Love 1
On 6/7/2019 at 8:18 PM, Zella said:

Ah I don't participate in anything on Reddit so was unaware of that. I feel like there's been a little bit of a turn against them on here in recent weeks. I'm curious if she had done this several months ago if the backlash would have been fairly muted, if only because it was before Jeremy was waving expensive pocket handkerchiefs in everybody's faces. 😂

I feel as if I was proven right. The conversation has turned to Jill and how she would eff up blonde hair. 😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

Thanks!  I would love something like that for red hair. 

They make color depositing shampoo for red hair since red fades the fastest.  I would check Ulta or Sally's for it.  If not there then a salon that does color should sell it.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Is this their home?  That door and floor look like it's in an older home whereas I thought they lived in a fairly new-build type home?

That's exactly what I thought! I'm confused. Maybe some "dear friend" "gifted" them with a bed and breakfast stay lol. 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Is this their home?  That door and floor look like it's in an older home whereas I thought they lived in a fairly new-build type home?

Not to mention I don't remember any of their walls having that loud and distinctive wallpaper.  Their walls are all non-descript grey, perfect for staging. (Staging is when you design a house to sell. You try to make the accessories and colors as neutral as possible to appeal the largest number of possible buyers.)

• Love 4
23 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Maybe it's Grandma and Grandpa Vuolo's house.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

No, she captioned it Laredo.

There’s another IG pic of Felicity sitting on a very long couch of some kind in an old historic home.  If I remember correctly, Jinger or Jeremy said something about it being a friend’s house, maybe?  I think both photos were from the same house.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

There’s another IG pic of Felicity sitting on a very long couch of some kind in an old historic home.  If I remember correctly, Jinger or Jeremy said something about it being a friend’s house, maybe?  I think both photos were from the same house.

Seems plausible.

• Love 3

Off topic about hair! My mother always used Born Blonde which would totally bleach you out. Then they sold toners to go with how light you wanted your hair to be. She was a Honey Blonde gal, but most of them did go on purple. They still make it. 

I like her blonde. I bet she looks adorable with a ponytail and shorts!

• Love 4

Maybe they're staying with friends while the house is for sale, so they don't have to keep it spotless while trying to live there, and leave on short notice for showings. Maybe it's already sold and they needed a place to stay until they move. Maybe they're just hanging out at the friends' house.

With a photographer mom + a firstborn, photogenic child, I don't see how the kid's life would be anything less than a constant photo shoot! 😆

• Love 14
(edited)
29 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Reverend Pretentious Pants. I'm dying with laughter here. It fits Jeremy so well. 

That would make him Rev PP/PeePee. 

Eta: I’m 12 emotionally sometimes, but so is Jinger so this seemed appropriate anyway. 

Edited by EVS
  • LOL 20
30 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

That didn’t take long.

Begrudgingly, real estate is one of those things where outward appearances really do matter. As much as I dislike Reverend FancyPants, they staged it beautifully.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

That didn’t take long.

It also may have to do with the desirability of the area they live in. If Laredo is a growing city, that might explain how quickly it sold. Some people I know were able to sell their small cumbersome splitlevel fast, because it's in a "hot" area. By "hot" I mean real estate wise. 

• Love 7

Rev PP preached his last sermon at GCC last Sunday. I wonder if their place in LA is ready yet or if they're couch surfing for the month of June. 

They're obviously in AR for the funeral now, but could they stay at the Pool House until LA calls? 

• Love 4
(edited)

Classes start in August. Hottest month in the valley when they'll be moving in, but they should be acclimated from Laredo.  Staying in Arkansas until time to leave for Sun Valley could be a workable solution for them.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Rev PP preached his last sermon at GCC last Sunday. I wonder if their place in LA is ready yet or if they're couch surfing for the month of June. 

They're obviously in AR for the funeral now, but could they stay at the Pool House until LA calls? 

For a minute, I thought you meant Zsu's husband. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Lunera said:

This must be the home they're staying at 

Could that be the Pool House? We know that they're in AR since Rev PP posted the pic of him and Ivy yesterday.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

Ok, sorry, but this is super tacky. In a way, it trivializes jinger's grief by making her sadness into an "artsy," look at me photo op. I see this in the same light as Jill's "tribute!"

Somebody's gonna suggest funeral-goers toss a buck in the casket, as they pass.

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

Ok, sorry, but this is super tacky. In a way, it trivializes jinger's grief by making her sadness into an "artsy," look at me photo op. I see this in the same light as Jill's "tribute!"

I agree. This is starting to get a bit cringe-y. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Could that be the Pool House? We know that they're in AR since Rev PP posted the pic of him and Ivy yesterday.

This looks like it could be the same house in Laredo as the picture of Felicity in a bedroom. I think the Pool House is more modern and McMansion-y.

• Love 9