Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

$156 + for a baby pillow?  No thanks.

We just plunked Mini Mistake on a blanket on the floor. Those loungers don’t look that safe. You aren’t supposed to put babies in soft bedding because they can roll and smother themselves. 

• Like 19

2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

$156 + for a baby pillow?  No thanks.

It’s basically a knock off Dock-a-tot which start at about $180. Some people swear by them, but others say the kid gets addicted to sleeping in them as newborns and won’t sleep anywhere else.  Although when you don’t have sister moms around I’m sure this is the next best thing.

• Like 8

Jeremy scrolled all the way to February, on this guy's Instagram, to like this post. Watch him try and recreate this outfit for a future photoshoot. Screenshot_20190516-191308_Instagram.thumb.jpg.a08b4791753a339dfea5412c7e0e3036.jpg

• Like 3
  • Laugh 7

This guy has a new fangirl.

Edit: Idk why he's getting into preaching when his ideal job is obviously being an Instagram model.

Screenshot_20190516-202127_Instagram-1080x1713.thumb.jpg.79d467a43275d2b41085bb6fb608d03b.jpgScreenshot_20190516-202328_Instagram-1080x1660.thumb.jpg.7e5a8eda396cc3663432b56f1415935d.jpg

Edited by Lunera
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 1

47 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I guess Instagram is one of the two apps apparently on his phone. Otherwise, he's spending a ton of time on Jinger's phone looking at a hot bodied man dressing up.

He's gay.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 1

12 hours ago, Lunera said:

Jinger posted a #tbt of her, Jessa, and Joe as kids. We know Joe and Jessa have babies on the way, is she trying to tell us something? Is this like Anna's 3 pregnant Duggars picture? 

Screenshot_20190516-111016_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.0ed61c79ba5dc85edabc61f89eadcf1f.jpg

I wouldn’t read too much into it. These are the Duggars. At least one of them is pregnant basically all the time. 

• Like 8
  • Laugh 9

7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I guess Instagram is one of the two apps apparently on his phone. Otherwise, he's spending a ton of time on Jinger's phone looking at a hot bodied man dressing up.

Well, on the Roloff's podcast, he was very careful to point out that Instagram was not on his phone.

The two apps he said were on his phone were a chess-playing app that he plays with his brother and some kind of soccer app with which he can follow....not World Cup, I don't think, but something. I forget what.

It's looking like he must be in possession of both phones most of the time. Takes a lot of bandwidth to drool at all those expensively dressed torsos, I guess. 

• Like 5
  • Laugh 5

5 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

I wouldn’t read too much into it. These are the Duggars. At least one of them is pregnant basically all the time. 

Plus, Jingle probably feels drawn to participating in throwback Thursday. She probably sees lots of other people posting stuff with #tbt, since it comes around every week.

But most people can think of stuff to post other than just family photos -- You know, old music, photos of friends, deceased beloved pets, outdated fashion, memes about another era, screenshots of old tv shows, historical events, movie stars.....

Meanwhile, there's not much in the memory of a Duggar besides pics of the famous 19. In addition, of course, those photos are ads for the show. Jingle and hubby are getting to be quite the little advertisers. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, on the Roloff's podcast, he was very careful to point out that Instagram was not on his phone.

Options:

1) He lied.

2) instagram is on his laptop or tablet, so technically...

3) He has a second phone.

I don’t like it when I think in stereotypes, but I’m beginning to wonder if RF is a least bi.

• Like 10
  • Laugh 2

23 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Options:

1) He lied.

2) instagram is on his laptop or tablet, so technically...

3) He has a second phone.

I don’t like it when I think in stereotypes, but I’m beginning to wonder if RF is a least bi.

I'm guessing option 2. He's in school plus he's been (is still?) a preacher. So he has lots of reasons to spend time in front of his computer. ... Heck! It has a bigger screen so you can see the clothes better!

I assume he's liking and responding and hashtagging clothing companies because, since he's an influencer now with his Duggar-induced large follower count, they're likely to sign him up as one of their official influencers once they notice his deep love for them.

And then he can get freebies and/or cash for clothes! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

16 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

“Urban Dictionary: FOP

Fop might as well be an acronym for Fashion-Obsessed Prick. A fop is someone who is obsessed with (and thus always wears) expensive, fancy clothes, and with appearances in general and other meaningless bullshit. Sometimes a fop's clothing and jewelry simply appears expensive and is in fact worth jack shit.”

Sometimes Urban Dictionary just nails it...

I laughed at that definition, but I do find it too harsh.  The word "fop" is much older than the rest of the modern slang found in Urban Dictionary.  I don't see Jeremy as a fop because he is too pretentious and faux-intellectual, something a fop would never be.  Jeremy tries too hard and his looks are borderline costumes at this point.  A true fop wears the clothes and Jeremy's clothes are wearing his.  

For reference, my definition of fop--

http://www.frockflicks.com/fops-in-historical-costume-movies2/

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Not sure if the right word is dandy, but that's how I see Mr. Fashion Plate - a dandy.

Damn, no way does being in love with himself attract me to any guy.  His brain must run far differently than a normal man's does.  Ugh!

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I laughed at that definition, but I do find it too harsh.  The word "fop" is much older than the rest of the modern slang found in Urban Dictionary. 

Heh, that reminds me of The Fops, an ongoing bit on SNL about 20 years ago that I really enjoyed.  Unfortunately, one (both?) of the actors left the show and we never saw The Fops again.  Here's a snippit from Weekend Update:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

I don't remember Jeremy being like this prancing around like a peacock before he became a Dugger!

Maybe he has too much time on his hands!

It's a virus. I swear it's a virus. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

9 hours ago, Churchhoney said:
10 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I don't remember Jeremy being like this prancing around like a peacock before he became a Dugger!

Maybe he has too much time on his hands!

It's a virus. I swear it's a virus. 

True, but the virus is affecting him differently from the others. Usually becoming a Duggar puts you in danger of becoming a lazy slob, not a prancing peacock.

• Like 10
  • Laugh 5

31 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

True, but the virus is affecting him differently from the others. Usually becoming a Duggar puts you in danger of becoming a lazy slob, not a prancing peacock.

True. Except, given his several sermons that I've listened to, my feeling is he's become a prancing lazy peacock slob! 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 14

Jeremy REALLy wants to be an Oxbridge Don, doesn't he? Pity he doesn't cut the mustard.

I've been watching something on telly called Customs Patrol USA or some such title (don't judge, there was nothing else on..) and they keep focussing on the border crossing at Laredo. Makes me think of those two every time🤠

Other than that, I've started to find them both excrutiantingly tedious, dull and boring.

• Like 19

On 5/20/2019 at 5:47 AM, MunichNark said:

Other than that, I've started to find them both excrutiantingly tedious, dull and boring.

Their baby is adorable but that's pretty much all they've got.

• Like 13

On 5/20/2019 at 7:47 AM, MunichNark said:

That's how I've felt about the whole entire lot of them since the mid-2000s when my mom would watch this show and ask me to watch it with her. (She's still a fan, even though she knows about the harm they've caused). I never understood the appeal of 16,17,18,19 Kids and Counting; it was all very dull and contrived "reality" tv, even when you take out the real-life aspect of their oppressive religion. 

• Like 12

On 5/20/2019 at 5:47 AM, MunichNark said:

I've been watching something on telly called Customs Patrol USA or some such title (don't judge, there was nothing else on..) and they keep focussing on the border crossing at Laredo. Makes me think of those two every time. 

I'm sure they are taking in refugees, feeding & clothing the needy, and fighting for the families to remain in tact, all as Jesus would have wanted. I mean, Jesus was the original social justice warrior, and preached charity toward the needy regardless of their origin, fed thousands with meager supplies, healed the sick with no copay, and condemned preaching in public. 

Jeremy & Jinger do all that, as commanded, as "Bible believing Christians" right? 

• Like 7
  • Laugh 7
  • Sad 2

29 minutes ago, xtwheeler said:

I'm sure they are taking in refugees, feeding & clothing the needy, and fighting for the families to remain in tact, all as Jesus would have wanted. I mean, Jesus was the original social justice warrior, and preached charity toward the needy regardless of their origin, fed thousands with meager supplies, healed the sick with no copay, and condemned preaching in public. 

Jeremy & Jinger do all that, as commanded, as "Bible believing Christians" right? 

Nah, all Jeremy does is like and applauds posts such as these on Christian meme pages.

Screenshot_20190521-191308_Instagram.thumb.jpg.fdff35a5dadcea962842392af94521ee.jpg

• Sad 7

1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Nah, all Jeremy does is like and applauds posts such as these on Christian meme pages.

Screenshot_20190521-191308_Instagram.thumb.jpg.fdff35a5dadcea962842392af94521ee.jpg

JeremEE is an asshole.

• Like 5

Isn't the Babylon Bee a satire site? Why would Jer be liking them? Or do I still need more coffee this morning to figure things out?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Isn't the Babylon Bee a satire site? Why would Jer be liking them? Or do I still need more coffee this morning to figure things out?

Well, apparently Mr. Intellectual Theologian Extraordinaire wasn't quick enough to figure out that that is a satire site, looks like. Somehow the idea of a horde of unborn babies driving down a highway didn't scream "joke" to him.      

Your aspirations call for more training the brain and less drooling on fashion pages, I think, Jer. 😁

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

4 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Hearing that was a satire site and Reverend FancyPants fell for it made my entire week!

Thank you!

• Laugh 4

7 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

My best friend's husband is born again and super religious (he is a Gideon!). He like the Babylon Bee and knows it is satire. 

• Like 1