Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

On 5/20/2019 at 5:47 AM, MunichNark said:

I've been watching something on telly called Customs Patrol USA or some such title (don't judge, there was nothing else on..) and they keep focussing on the border crossing at Laredo. Makes me think of those two every time. 

I'm sure they are taking in refugees, feeding & clothing the needy, and fighting for the families to remain in tact, all as Jesus would have wanted. I mean, Jesus was the original social justice warrior, and preached charity toward the needy regardless of their origin, fed thousands with meager supplies, healed the sick with no copay, and condemned preaching in public. 

Jeremy & Jinger do all that, as commanded, as "Bible believing Christians" right? 

• LOL 9
  • Love 10
29 minutes ago, xtwheeler said:

I'm sure they are taking in refugees, feeding & clothing the needy, and fighting for the families to remain in tact, all as Jesus would have wanted. I mean, Jesus was the original social justice warrior, and preached charity toward the needy regardless of their origin, fed thousands with meager supplies, healed the sick with no copay, and condemned preaching in public. 

Jeremy & Jinger do all that, as commanded, as "Bible believing Christians" right? 

Nah, all Jeremy does is like and applauds posts such as these on Christian meme pages.

Screenshot_20190521-191308_Instagram.thumb.jpg.fdff35a5dadcea962842392af94521ee.jpg

41 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Isn't the Babylon Bee a satire site? Why would Jer be liking them? Or do I still need more coffee this morning to figure things out?

Well, apparently Mr. Intellectual Theologian Extraordinaire wasn't quick enough to figure out that that is a satire site, looks like. Somehow the idea of a horde of unborn babies driving down a highway didn't scream "joke" to him.      

Your aspirations call for more training the brain and less drooling on fashion pages, I think, Jer. 😁

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Isn't the Babylon Bee a satire site? Why would Jer be liking them? Or do I still need more coffee this morning to figure things out?

Hearing that was a satire site and Reverend FancyPants fell for it made my entire week!

Thank you!

• LOL 17
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

My best friend's husband is born again and super religious (he is a Gideon!). He like the Babylon Bee and knows it is satire. 

• Love 5

I've said from the beginning that Jeremy was initially attracted to Jinger because of fame. 

I actually think they love each other and make a nice couple but his Fame Whore Radar starting pinging when he realized a Duggar was on that mission trip.  

JereME is all about JereME. 

• Love 14
4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

My best friend's husband is born again and super religious (he is a Gideon!). He like the Babylon Bee and knows it is satire. 

Well, he must have a good sense of humor! 

....i'm not convinced Jer's sense of humor is very robust, though -- so I'm skeptical about him being this open-minded. ....If he is -- then good for him!

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I've said from the beginning that Jeremy was initially attracted to Jinger because of fame. 

I actually think they love each other and make a nice couple but his Fame Whore Radar starting pinging when he realized a Duggar was on that mission trip.  

He actually followed the Duggars on that mission trip (12/15). Jinger met Jeremy in AR when Jessa had her shower for Spurgeon in October 2015. Remember, Jeremy appeared in the shower episode when the guys were at the supermarket. 

• Love 2
(edited)

From what I've seen of it, Babylon Bee is very much aimed at and adored by conservative Christians. It's like The Onion, except (1) it targets irreligious/politically correct culture, and (2) it's not funny.  I think Jeremy was well aware that the story was satirical in intent.

Edited by Portia
Grammar
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, Portia said:

From what I've seen of it, Babylon Bee is very much aimed at and adored by conservative Christians. It's like The Onion, except (1) it targets irreligious/politically correct culture, and (2) it's not funny.  I think Jeremy was well aware that the story was satirical in intent.

Interesting. .... Good to know.

And it's certainly true that it's not funny! I'm especially puzzled about why this particular thing seems funny to anyone with strong anti-abortion views.....and why you'd think it satirized pro-abortion people. If it does anything, it seems to me to do the opposite. 

Weird. 

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Marigold said:

I do think Jeremy is a bit of a famewhore but the romantic in me believes they fell in love. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

He actually followed the Duggars on that mission trip (12/15). Jinger met Jeremy in AR when Jessa had her shower for Spurgeon in October 2015. Remember, Jeremy appeared in the shower episode when the guys were at the supermarket. 

Oh wow! All this time I had it backwards.  Now it looks even worse for JereME.  

And then his bullshit story that he had never watched a Duggar show and didn't know about the side hugs and all that?  So not believable. 

Remember he was quoted in the media that he enjoyed his soccer fame and he realized it was a problem for him?

Sure Jeremy...an aspiring minister who enjoys fame and had no idea who the Duggars were...yeah OK and the tooth fairy is real too? Just happened to go on a missions trip with a bunch of Fundies when he isn't a typical Fundy? Sure. 

Jinger and Jeremy are my least favorite couple. I hate Derick but at least he is authentically an asshole.  Jeremy seems slippery to me which I dislike even more. They both have the same beliefs but Derick is just obnoxiously honest about his whereas Jeremy pretends a lot.  I prefer my enemies to be honest.  😁

• Love 22
(edited)

More humble bragging from Jeremy. He also reveals in the comments that his theology is Reformed (surprise, I know).

eta: 4 pics

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

More humble bragging from Jeremy. He also reveals in the comments that his theology is Reformed (surprise, I know).

eta: 4 pics

“when I move to Los Angeles!”. Interesting choice of I, instead of we.

• LOL 2
  • Love 18

Missing a room that he invested a few 1000 dollars in. To look and feel important. I hope their new digs in LA have room for a bookshelf.

Maybe this one will fit?

dzn_Juxtaposed-Power-by-Mike-and-Maaike-

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
(edited)

Yeah, Jer, cause good luck affording a dwelling in the LA area where you'll have room for a nice big office like that one....

Of course I expect he'll be willing to forgo some other spaces to fit that office in. Who needs a living room? 

Actually, though, I'm starting to feel sort of sorry for him -- long term. I don't see him having the ability to create and sustain the kind of life he imagines he's going to have.

I mean, yeah, he's good at sucking up. But aside from that, I don't see all that much talent. Meanwhile, I do see a person who seems so convinced of his ability to take the world by storm that he looks way overconfident and delusional. And, really, he's just a fair-to-middling guy who doesn't seem to have sized up the competition -- and the size of the hurdles ahead -- very accurately at all. 

Maybe he'll turn out to be the big cheese he imagines, but I just don't see it. He has that big social-media following that's helping him now because of Jingle's and the Duggars' freakshow fame, not through anything he's done. And I doubt he's letting himself fully realize that.

I don't see him taking it too well, either, when it finally dawns on him that he's not going to scale any significant heights. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 23
15 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, Jer, cause good luck affording a dwelling in the LA area where you'll have room for a nice big office like that one....

Of course I expect he'll be willing to forgo some other spaces to fit that office in. Who needs a living room? 

Actually, though, I'm starting to feel sort of sorry for him -- long term. I don't see him having the ability to create and sustain the kind of life he imagines he's going to have.

I mean, yeah, he's good at sucking up. But aside from that, I don't see all that much talent. Meanwhile, I do see a person who seems so convinced of his ability to take the world by storm that he looks way overconfident and delusional. And, really, he's just a fair-to-middling guy who doesn't seem to have sized up the competition -- and the size of the hurdles ahead -- very accurately at all. 

Maybe he'll turn out to be the big cheese he imagines, but I just don't see it. He has that big social-media following that's helping him now because of Jingle's and the Duggars' freakshow fame, not through anything he's done. And I doubt he's letting himself fully realize that.

I don't see him taking it too well, either, when it finally dawns on him that he's not going to scale any significant heights. 

He's down right run himself out of options. When he failed to make it in big league soccer, he "returned to the church". If he fails to make it as a preacher what will be his saving grace then?

• Love 11

Jeremy is a taker. Jinger was raised to be a giver. Their relationship works on that dynamic.

It appears they have chemistry but I wonder what exactly the chemistry is composed of.  For example, at that age, a lot of chemistry is sexual, that incredible new love euphoric feeling etc. 

I bet the Vuolo's chemistry is more about God, husband/wife roles, relief at finding a spouse, fame, a perfect image, Jeremy being the boss and Jinger submitting etc.  They do click but not for the all typical reasons we see at that newlywed stage.

*I do think they love each other though. I don't want to come off as cynical and judgey, however, it is a snark board. 🤣 They seem happy and that's all that really matters. 

• Love 16
49 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

You are being way too nice!  We both know this man is not the least bit charismatic enough to pull off becoming the A-Lister he hopes to be.  I guess he aspires to be the leading pastor of the western world -we all know it ain't going to happen in this lifetime.  He's in the position he's in now by marrying into the Duggar Empire.  He's darn lucky that his pretty face makes the leg-humpers tune in each week.  That fanbase isn't going to make him any higher than he is.  Real fans love drama and scandal....  I wonder if he knows that.

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

He's down right run himself out of options. When he failed to make it in big league soccer, he "returned to the church". If he fails to make it as a preacher what will be his saving grace then?

Good point.

A freakshow is what worked for his in-laws. Maybe he could try that.   lol

40 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

What “counseling” has he done in that office?

Or anywhere.....

• Love 6
6 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I imagine Jinger cleans all his shoes...

They are certainly beyond shiny. Though, actually, I can see him being anal enough to feel that no one else can possibly shine his shoes to the standard that he has become used to over the years of doing it himself.

And hopefully the socks are a tribute to a loved pet rather than in memoriam of one which is on the brink of being jettisoned for greener pastures.

• Love 11
(edited)
On 5/21/2019 at 10:14 PM, Lunera said:

Nah, all Jeremy does is like and applauds posts such as these on Christian meme pages.

Screenshot_20190521-191308_Instagram.thumb.jpg.fdff35a5dadcea962842392af94521ee.jpg

On 5/22/2019 at 7:30 AM, Jynnan tonnix said:

22 hours ago, Portia said:

13 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Interesting. .... Good to know.

And it's certainly true that it's not funny! I'm especially puzzled about why this particular thing seems funny to anyone with strong anti-abortion views.....and why you'd think it satirized pro-abortion people. If it does anything, it seems to me to do the opposite. 

Weird. 

I thought of Babylon Bee as satirizing the *conservative religious right.* As in, the headline about unborn babies applying for asylum in Alabama makes fun of: (1) the conservative obsession with unborn babies (2) the idea that EVERYONE in the world pretends they need asylum in the US just so they can have a fabulous American lifestyle and mooch off of us and (3) the belief that if they don't ban abortion everyone will be having abortions left and right because those evil heathens just LIVE to have abortions willy nilly every chance they possibly can.

And sadly, JereMEME and co don't get the joke.

Edited by LilJen
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, jcbrown said:

Wow, does he look pretentious in this whole post. And I say that as someone who moved 50 cartons of books across the country 25 years ago and who has accumulated many more since. He just looks so consciously styled and it makes the vacuum where his substance should be all the more obvious, to me.

When/if his preacher dream dies, he can remake himself as a Social Media Stylist.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

A lot of those books look awfully matchy matchy to be real. I had a ton of books in my younger years (I started to rethink this long about move #8) and they covered a bunch of subjects and genres. They did not have matching spines and covers. 

I can see a couple of sets of something or another, but this looks faked.

There are actually fake books you can buy just for decoration out there, heaven help us. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit with this poser.

• Love 15
27 minutes ago, LilJen said:

I thought of Babylon Bee as satirizing the *conservative religious right.* As in, the headline about unborn babies applying for asylum in Alabama makes fun of: (1) the conservative obsession with unborn babies (2) the idea that EVERYONE in the world pretends they need asylum in the US just so they can have a fabulous American lifestyle and mooch off of us and (3) the belief that if they don't ban abortion everyone will be having abortions left and right because those evil heathens just LIVE to have abortions willy nilly every chance they possibly can.

I read the full article, and as I suspected, the story is saying that the unborn are fleeing to Alabama because they know they'll be safe there. https://babylonbee.com/news/caravan-of-unborn-babies-marches-toward-alabama-to-apply-for-asylum

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, LilJen said:

Yeah, that's how it struck me, too. But having looked at the Babylon Bee a bit, I don't see how there's any way they meant it like that. 

It's hard to tell though, really, because their jokes are, um, not very well written. Hard to see how they can have a lot of fans, although I guess the jokes that just flatly state an insult to somebody tells you who they're insulting and if you agree you dub yourself a fan. I doubt too many people are fans because they laugh there, though. 

• Love 3
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Portia said:

I read the full article, and as I suspected, the story is saying that the unborn are fleeing to Alabama because they know they'll be safe there. https://babylonbee.com/news/caravan-of-unborn-babies-marches-toward-alabama-to-apply-for-asylum

I didn't read the whole article,  but that's what I figured after I read some of their other stuff. I'm not sure why they think their stuff is funny, because I didn't see any jokes that actually worked (although I guess I did see and get the jokes they were trying to make a few times -- so I guess they aspire to be funny, basically.) And, to be fair, you'd have to be a pretty amazing writer to make satire that worked consistently if you wrote as much stuff as they do. 

So basically they just state their points and try to be funny -- although they often fail. But people who agree with them become fans because of their agreement, not because they find much there that actually makes them laugh. 

I get it now. But I guess I'd call it "satire with very few laughs." 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
18 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

A lot of those books look awfully matchy matchy to be real. I had a ton of books in my younger years (I started to rethink this long about move #8) and they covered a bunch of subjects and genres. They did not have matching spines and covers. 

There are actually fake books you can buy just for decoration out there, heaven help us. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit with this poser.

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me much either. He wouldn't take so many photos of books if he weren't mainly trying to prove something with him -- just like a lot of other people who have sets of leather-bound books with uncracked spines on their shiny shelves. 

But I kind of expect they're real. He's said -- and demonstrated -- quite a few times that he loves books that come in sets. And he's definitely gotten some of those from publishers he's worked with, and such. .... 

I'm more inclined to think that he has managed to procure a lot of sets of books, maybe asking for them as gifts and such, because lots of sets do exist in an academic-type field like theology..... And he is very good at sucking up and at getting people to give him stuff he wants and so on. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I would guess that all but one shelf in that library are religious texts, and those look like multiple series on the shelves.   Publishers like to coordinate series so you can get the uniformity.  To me the real question is how many of those books has he cracked the spine on let alone perused let alone read from cover to cover.   He probably has multiple books by multiple authors on the same exact subject.   

• Love 10
33 minutes ago, LilJen said:

When/if his preacher dream dies, he can remake himself as a Social Media Stylist.

Perfect. Considering his instagram, he may have more experience in that by now than he ever had in soccer or theology. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I think Jermeme is more in love with himself than Jinger is.

That’s a given!  He proves it to us nearly every time he posts his pretentiousness. 

4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

The first picture slays me. He thinks he is so special and wonderful. He will be a tiny fish in a big LA pond. May he be eaten alive.

May it be so. From your keyboard to gods ears. 

• Love 6

He has no charisma in his preaching. Can that be taught? He has the social media presence and high-class young adult Christian look, but as soon as he starts preaching it all comes crashing down.

• Love 13

Babylon Bee seems to have multiple authors or has changed ownership since I started reading it.  Some of the satire poking fun at mainline Christianity is hilarious, the skewers toward more fundamentalist groups is variable in its success.

As for the books in Jeremy's office, it looks like he has several sets of commentaries.   My husband also has these in his office.  There are sets that have one volume for each book of the Bible, some that focus only on the New Testament, some only on the Gospels, etc.  DH has been accumulating his books over 23 years of ministry but I don't think he has that many.  Let me just say that I hope some of those were gifts, because otherwise Jeremy has spent a lot of money on books that he will rarely ever use.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
On 5/16/2019 at 11:20 PM, Lunera said:

Jeremy scrolled all the way to February, on this guy's Instagram, to like this post. Watch him try and recreate this outfit for a future photoshoot. Screenshot_20190516-191308_Instagram.thumb.jpg.a08b4791753a339dfea5412c7e0e3036.jpg

Well, corsets for men are a real thing. Wonder if it could be a tax write off for the Prancing Preacher. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 5/16/2019 at 10:49 PM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

It’s basically a knock off Dock-a-tot which start at about $180. Some people 😂swear by them, but others say the kid gets addicted to sleeping in them as newborns and won’t sleep anywhere else.  Although when you don’t have sister moms around I’m sure this is the next best thing.

Well, I gotta say I can't hate on this despite the price tag, as I'm all about the babies having comfort... of course, you're also speaking to someone who frequently sleeps in a giant beanbag on my living room floor, so there is that

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

I have a feeling there are quite a few of us here who love to read and have a large collection of books. 

Anyone post pretentious pictures of themselves in front of the books????  

Self Love JereMe

• LOL 14
  • Love 7