Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I wonder if he's concluded that the 70-year-old conservative country-club guy is the image that will work best to elevate him in MacArthur land? 

ETA: Oops. Sorry,  Zella. You beat me to it. 

50% chance of him dying his hair salt and pepper.

• LOL 14

Regarding the blanket, another TLC “star”, has a similar post:

toriroloff💥GIVEAWAY💥
I found the perfect birthday present for Zach when I stumbled upon @projectrepatusa ! I was able to collect old t shirts and sweatshirts that meant a lot to Zach but were left in bins and drawers around the house, and turn them into this awesome blanket! It turned out so cool and it was super easy to make! Now some of our favorite memories are preserved forever in a super functional blanket! Check them out and win a blanket of your own. 
To enter:
1. Make sure you’re following @projectrepatusa and @toriroloff 
2. Like this photo
3. Tag 3 friends who NEED a blanket like this! #projectrepat #projectrepatusa

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Regarding the blanket, another TLC “star”, has a similar post:

toriroloff💥GIVEAWAY💥
I found the perfect birthday present for Zach when I stumbled upon @projectrepatusa ! I was able to collect old t shirts and sweatshirts that meant a lot to Zach but were left in bins and drawers around the house, and turn them into this awesome blanket! It turned out so cool and it was super easy to make! Now some of our favorite memories are preserved forever in a super functional blanket! Check them out and win a blanket of your own. 
To enter:
1. Make sure you’re following @projectrepatusa and @toriroloff 
2. Like this photo
3. Tag 3 friends who NEED a blanket like this! #projectrepat #projectrepatusa

Yep. Nobody "stumbled upon" it. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Don’t they get tired of making shit up? Lying is exhausting. Why not just say this vendor has this service and I think it’s cool? (Okay, I don’t but they do, supposedly, but you get the point...)

Nobody lies as consistently as this crowd of Bible wavers and I’m pretty sure that’s a top ten no no if they open that book.

• Love 15
(edited)

This whole “influencer” thing with paid sponsorships is an epidemic! That Peanut app Anna is promoting is also being promoted by “Pumpkin” from the Honey Boo Boo Family.

Edited by truebluesmoky
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Don’t they get tired of making shit up? Lying is exhausting. Why not just say this vendor has this service and I think it’s cool? (Okay, I don’t but they do, supposedly, but you get the point...)

Nobody lies as consistently as this crowd of Bible wavers and I’m pretty sure that’s a top ten no no if they open that book.

Well, I do think that in this case we can also (mostly?) blame the companies that they shill for for this. *(well, the posters, too, for going along with it -- but, hey, a potential buck's a potential buck -- and having companies with money seeing you as an "influencer" of society, that's very flattering!) When companies sign up people as influencers, most of them hand out language the influencers can use in their posts. 

The influencer posts presumably only influence people if they believe that their own beloved influencer wrote the post and is, in fact, writing about his or her own personal life. People don't want to read ads. They want to read what they feel are real messages telling them real intimate things about the lives of the influencers that they feel close to and admire.

But businesses know that few people are actually any good at writing posts, especially ones that subtly but effectively advertise in that way. So to ensure they get posts that are likely to do some influencing, many -- maybe even all? who knows? -- suggest things that the influencers might write that sound like a spontaneous message from the influencer to her followers while also being a somewhat subtle sales message. 

If the "influencers" didn't use this language, probably few of them would actually succeed at getting any sales made because their posts would be so ham-handed you couldn't even tell what the message was supposed to be....or they'd get frozen up in the writing and often not manage to come up with anything....or they'd just write blatant ads for the company without including the secret sauce -- something that seems as if it's coming right from them, the beloved influencers. 

That's clearly what's happening here. Clearly Audrey Roloff and Jingle didn't both spontaneously come up with the idea of saying the shirts were stuck in bins around the house! But it's all about the Bin-jamins. .... As always. "And I'm not lying if I'm advertising, right? I mean, Mr. Clean isn't real either!"

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Shame on you! Don't you know it is lying only if God says it is lying.

11 minutes ago, truebluesmoky said:

This whole “influencer” thing with paid sponsorships is an epidemic! That Peanut app Anna is promoting is also being promoted by “Pumpkin” from the Honey Boo Family.

Sadly it is only going to grow.  As people are moving to streaming services for their TV watching, advertising on networks won't bring companies the reach any more.  If you are marketing a product for anyone under 40, you have to use social media now.  Companies can pay platforms like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Snapchat, but why stop there.  People are going to gloss over the ads in their feeds especially when they have to anounce it is a paid post.  Why would companies not reach out to people with hundreds of thousands of followers for posts.  When you factor out celebrities like the Kardashians who exist in a whole different league than everyone else, these companies are probably paying less money to an influencer than what a 30-second TV ad would cost.  They only have to write one copy for them to use as well.  

• Love 4

Jinger posted a #tbt of her, Jessa, and Joe as kids. We know Joe and Jessa have babies on the way, is she trying to tell us something? Is this like Anna's 3 pregnant Duggars picture? 

Screenshot_20190516-111016_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.0ed61c79ba5dc85edabc61f89eadcf1f.jpg

• Useful 1
57 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Jinger posted a #tbt of her, Jessa, and Joe as kids. We know Joe and Jessa have babies on the way, is she trying to tell us something? Is this like Anna's 3 pregnant Duggars picture? 

Screenshot_20190516-111016_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.0ed61c79ba5dc85edabc61f89eadcf1f.jpg

What does tbt mean? 

2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

throwback Thursday 

Or "post pics or whatever from your past"

Thanks ChurchHoney, I don’t use social media so I haven’t got a clue. 

• Love 2

My SIL got a blanket done from that company a year or so ago - kinda interesting that they're now using these TLC people to advertise. I was planning on doing one eventually. They're fairly inexpensive in terms of tshirt quilts and sell discount giftcards every once in awhile so you probably get what you pay for. However my SIL was very happy with hers. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

$156 + for a baby pillow?  No thanks.

We just plunked Mini Mistake on a blanket on the floor. Those loungers don’t look that safe. You aren’t supposed to put babies in soft bedding because they can roll and smother themselves. 

• Love 22
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

$156 + for a baby pillow?  No thanks.

It’s basically a knock off Dock-a-tot which start at about $180. Some people swear by them, but others say the kid gets addicted to sleeping in them as newborns and won’t sleep anywhere else.  Although when you don’t have sister moms around I’m sure this is the next best thing.

• Love 9

Jeremy scrolled all the way to February, on this guy's Instagram, to like this post. Watch him try and recreate this outfit for a future photoshoot. Screenshot_20190516-191308_Instagram.thumb.jpg.a08b4791753a339dfea5412c7e0e3036.jpg

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
(edited)

This guy has a new fangirl.

Edit: Idk why he's getting into preaching when his ideal job is obviously being an Instagram model.

Screenshot_20190516-202127_Instagram-1080x1713.thumb.jpg.79d467a43275d2b41085bb6fb608d03b.jpgScreenshot_20190516-202328_Instagram-1080x1660.thumb.jpg.7e5a8eda396cc3663432b56f1415935d.jpg

Edited by Lunera
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I guess Instagram is one of the two apps apparently on his phone. Otherwise, he's spending a ton of time on Jinger's phone looking at a hot bodied man dressing up.

He's gay.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Lunera said:

I wouldn’t read too much into it. These are the Duggars. At least one of them is pregnant basically all the time. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I guess Instagram is one of the two apps apparently on his phone. Otherwise, he's spending a ton of time on Jinger's phone looking at a hot bodied man dressing up.

Well, on the Roloff's podcast, he was very careful to point out that Instagram was not on his phone.

The two apps he said were on his phone were a chess-playing app that he plays with his brother and some kind of soccer app with which he can follow....not World Cup, I don't think, but something. I forget what.

It's looking like he must be in possession of both phones most of the time. Takes a lot of bandwidth to drool at all those expensively dressed torsos, I guess. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

I wouldn’t read too much into it. These are the Duggars. At least one of them is pregnant basically all the time. 

Plus, Jingle probably feels drawn to participating in throwback Thursday. She probably sees lots of other people posting stuff with #tbt, since it comes around every week.

But most people can think of stuff to post other than just family photos -- You know, old music, photos of friends, deceased beloved pets, outdated fashion, memes about another era, screenshots of old tv shows, historical events, movie stars.....

Meanwhile, there's not much in the memory of a Duggar besides pics of the famous 19. In addition, of course, those photos are ads for the show. Jingle and hubby are getting to be quite the little advertisers. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, on the Roloff's podcast, he was very careful to point out that Instagram was not on his phone.

Options:

1) He lied.

2) instagram is on his laptop or tablet, so technically...

3) He has a second phone.

I don’t like it when I think in stereotypes, but I’m beginning to wonder if RF is a least bi.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Options:

1) He lied.

2) instagram is on his laptop or tablet, so technically...

3) He has a second phone.

I don’t like it when I think in stereotypes, but I’m beginning to wonder if RF is a least bi.

I'm guessing option 2. He's in school plus he's been (is still?) a preacher. So he has lots of reasons to spend time in front of his computer. ... Heck! It has a bigger screen so you can see the clothes better!

I assume he's liking and responding and hashtagging clothing companies because, since he's an influencer now with his Duggar-induced large follower count, they're likely to sign him up as one of their official influencers once they notice his deep love for them.

And then he can get freebies and/or cash for clothes! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

“Urban Dictionary: FOP

Fop might as well be an acronym for Fashion-Obsessed Prick. A fop is someone who is obsessed with (and thus always wears) expensive, fancy clothes, and with appearances in general and other meaningless bullshit. Sometimes a fop's clothing and jewelry simply appears expensive and is in fact worth jack shit.”

Sometimes Urban Dictionary just nails it...

I laughed at that definition, but I do find it too harsh.  The word "fop" is much older than the rest of the modern slang found in Urban Dictionary.  I don't see Jeremy as a fop because he is too pretentious and faux-intellectual, something a fop would never be.  Jeremy tries too hard and his looks are borderline costumes at this point.  A true fop wears the clothes and Jeremy's clothes are wearing his.  

For reference, my definition of fop--

http://www.frockflicks.com/fops-in-historical-costume-movies2/

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Not sure if the right word is dandy, but that's how I see Mr. Fashion Plate - a dandy.

Damn, no way does being in love with himself attract me to any guy.  His brain must run far differently than a normal man's does.  Ugh!

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I laughed at that definition, but I do find it too harsh.  The word "fop" is much older than the rest of the modern slang found in Urban Dictionary. 

Heh, that reminds me of The Fops, an ongoing bit on SNL about 20 years ago that I really enjoyed.  Unfortunately, one (both?) of the actors left the show and we never saw The Fops again.  Here's a snippit from Weekend Update:

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

I don't remember Jeremy being like this prancing around like a peacock before he became a Dugger!

Maybe he has too much time on his hands!

It's a virus. I swear it's a virus. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Churchhoney said:
10 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I don't remember Jeremy being like this prancing around like a peacock before he became a Dugger!

Maybe he has too much time on his hands!

It's a virus. I swear it's a virus. 

True, but the virus is affecting him differently from the others. Usually becoming a Duggar puts you in danger of becoming a lazy slob, not a prancing peacock.

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
31 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

True, but the virus is affecting him differently from the others. Usually becoming a Duggar puts you in danger of becoming a lazy slob, not a prancing peacock.

True. Except, given his several sermons that I've listened to, my feeling is he's become a prancing lazy peacock slob! 

• LOL 14
  • Love 3

Jeremy REALLy wants to be an Oxbridge Don, doesn't he? Pity he doesn't cut the mustard.

I've been watching something on telly called Customs Patrol USA or some such title (don't judge, there was nothing else on..) and they keep focussing on the border crossing at Laredo. Makes me think of those two every time🤠

Other than that, I've started to find them both excrutiantingly tedious, dull and boring.

• Love 19
On 5/20/2019 at 5:47 AM, MunichNark said:

Other than that, I've started to find them both excrutiantingly tedious, dull and boring.

Their baby is adorable but that's pretty much all they've got.

• Love 13
On 5/20/2019 at 7:47 AM, MunichNark said:

That's how I've felt about the whole entire lot of them since the mid-2000s when my mom would watch this show and ask me to watch it with her. (She's still a fan, even though she knows about the harm they've caused). I never understood the appeal of 16,17,18,19 Kids and Counting; it was all very dull and contrived "reality" tv, even when you take out the real-life aspect of their oppressive religion. 

• Love 13