Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

They may have chosen wall colors that would appeal to buyers, if they knew that they might be relocating at some point.

This wouldn't surprise me at all. I don't think Laredo was ever thought of as a long-term stop for Jeremy, and he always just saw it as a path toward greener pastures. I doubt it was even part of a five-year plan for him. 

Actually, I just did some googling and found that Jeremy says he was asked to go to Laredo in November 2014. Not sure when he actually moved there, but he definitely got out of there before 5 years was up. 

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

They may have chosen wall colors that would appeal to buyers, if they knew that they might be relocating at some point.

That may be, but I would have to have some colorful furnishings or accessories then.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Suzn said:

That may be, but I would have to have some colorful furnishings or accessories then.

I would’ve too, but not everyone has the same taste in decor.  What surprises me most is the nursery.  I understand that the minimalism decor is trending right now, even for nurseries, but I certainly would have done something to make it cuter and more girly-looking.  Remove the crib and you would never know that it’s a baby’s room. 

• Love 8

To be fair, I’d rather live in Southern California than Laredo so I can see why Jeremy is ready to move. That said, (since I live in California) there is no way they will be able to buy a house as nice as the one in Laredo. 

I inherited my house from my parents, as did my neighbor across the street. My next door neighbor bought her house from her parents at (wasaayyyy) below market price. If not for these “blessings” we would all be renting in far different neighborhoods than where we live now. 

• Love 10

The colors of the house don't bother me - staging isn't for me.  I walk in thinking where would I put the TV and where would my sewing room be, and is the kitchen workable and how are the bathrooms.  And the structural issues/termites/radon, good roof, pass a home  inspection are important too.  Other than that, paint is cheap if the rest of it works.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think Austin is in it for himself, but Deredick and Jerememe are certainly in it for themselves. Benny Boy is too busy being lead around with a noose around his neck by JB and Jessa.

Agreed 1000%. I think Austin and Joy would likely have gotten married even without the show-he seems like the super practical type who made a list of female acquaintances alongside the traits he wanted in a wife, and picked Joy from that list.

Jeremy...saw TV cameras. 

• Love 15
On 4/17/2019 at 2:47 PM, Churchhoney said:

I listened to the beginning of the podcast. There he claimed that he was initially troubled and reluctant about the idea of marrying into the TeeVee family and, for example, having his wedding on tv.

Because he was already a young full-time pastor that people were already looking up at, he was very worried that the additional adulation he'd receive by being on television as well would be a grave temptation for a young pastor.

But then he prayed about it, and he realized that he'd be doing the TeeVee thing as essentially a favor to God -- by portraying on television what it really means to strive for purity and serve Jesus wholly in your life and in your marriage. And putting on tv an extremely rare example of a truly Christ-centered wedding so people could see it and learn.

These bullshit quotes were in the back of my mind today (thank you to ChurchHoney for listening to this and taking one for the team)...

In light of more of his colors being revealed recently, this garbage is really disturbing. He’s gaslighting her into thinking her television pseudo-fame is something he’s being good enough to overlook and move past. Never mind that it’s her TLC money and SM following that is enabling his “career” move to LA. 

It’s a classic power move by a controller/narcissist to convince his partner that she’s in his life despite his better instincts...that he’s being magnanimous in overlooking her “flaws.” It helps the victims become ever more desperate to please and more malleable.

This guy now scares me. Derrick is an asshole and I suspect a rageaholic, but he’s not slick enough to hide it nor do I think he even wants to. But this guy has got the candy-coated exterior act down pretty well.

Right now everything is going just the way JerJer likes it. Pretty wife, cute female baby, fame by proxy, attention, fancy clothes, perfect house. 

Heaven help Jinger if any of that changes.

Yikes.

• Love 15
52 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

The colors of the house don't bother me - staging isn't for me.  I walk in thinking where would I put the TV and where would my sewing room be, and is the kitchen workable and how are the bathrooms.  And the structural issues/termites/radon, good roof, pass a home  inspection are important too.  Other than that, paint is cheap if the rest of it works.

I'm sure as far as staging, the house is fine. It is very much a blank slate for potential buyers.  I was merely commenting as to my personal taste that the house is nice but dismal.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Suzn said:

I'm sure as far as staging, the house is fine. It is very much a blank slate for potential buyers.  I was merely commenting as to my personal taste that the house is nice but dismal.

Yes.  It's hard to plan for the tastes of every potential buyer.  When we sold a couple years ago, we made it clean and moved all the personal stuff.  When we looked at the house we are in, they didn't do any of that, but we bought it anyway.

• Love 3

I like the house a lot. I had to chuckle when I read about a lack of color. Where I live their walls would be considered almost colorful. Here a lot of houses have mostly white walls. I also only have light grey and light brown walls in some rooms, the rest of the walls are white. I also love, love, love modern Scandinavian designs, so my house is definitely closer in style to their house than the other American homes I have seen myself. Staged or not, I would move in immediately. I also really like Felicity's room. I hate the nurseries with bright colors, comic characters etc. There are three things I would change however. I hate the white/grey tile floor, Jeremy's office is too much for me (heavy, dark furniture in a small room doesn't fit IMO) and I don't like the old bathtub and shower.
I'm shocked by the price. In my area you wouldn't get a two bedroom apartment for 200.000 Euro.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Yes.  It's hard to plan for the tastes of every potential buyer.  When we sold a couple years ago, we made it clean and moved all the personal stuff.  When we looked at the house we are in, they didn't do any of that, but we bought it anyway.

Of course you want a blank slate for potential buyers.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

These bullshit quotes were in the back of my mind today (thank you to ChurchHoney for listening to this and taking one for the team)...

In light of more of his colors being revealed recently, this garbage is really disturbing. He’s gaslighting her into thinking her television pseudo-fame is something he’s being good enough to overlook and move past. Never mind that it’s her TLC money and SM following that is enabling his “career” move to LA. 

It’s a classic power move by a controller/narcissist to convince his partner that she’s in his life despite his better instincts...that he’s being magnanimous in overlooking her “flaws.” It helps the victims become ever more desperate to please and more malleable.

This guy now scares me. Derrick is an asshole and I suspect a rageaholic, but he’s not slick enough to hide it nor do I think he even wants to. But this guy has got the candy-coated exterior act down pretty well.

Right now everything is going just the way JerJer likes it. Pretty wife, cute female baby, fame by proxy, attention, fancy clothes, perfect house. 

Heaven help Jinger if any of that changes.

Yikes.

For sure. I’m sure he makes her very aware of her complete lack of education on a regular basis too.

• Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, Dirndl said:

I like the house a lot. I had to chuckle when I read about a lack of color. Where I live their walls would be considered almost colorful. Here a lot of houses have mostly white walls. I also only have light grey and light brown walls in some rooms, the rest of the walls are white. I also love, love, love modern Scandinavian designs, so my house is definitely closer in style to their house than the other American homes I have seen myself. Staged or not, I would move in immediately. I also really like Felicity's room. I hate the nurseries with bright colors, comic characters etc. There are three things I would change however. I hate the white/grey tile floor, Jeremy's office is too much for me (heavy, dark furniture in a small room doesn't fit IMO) and I don't like the old bathtub and shower.
I'm shocked by the price. In my area you wouldn't get a two bedroom apartment for 200.000 Euro.

Well, there are reasons for the lower cost of housing. For example,  what's the median annual income where you live?

In Laredo it's right around 14,000 Euro. But in addition to that, most Americans face extremely high health-care costs, virtually unaffordable (and practically non-existent) child care and substantial higher-education costs, if they want to get any....And most who've gotten higher education in recent decades are now saddled with tons of educational debt that you can't even get out of in bankruptcy. 

If it were any more expensive than it is to get a house or apartment in Laredo, half the population would be living on the street! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 5/4/2019 at 9:12 PM, Zella said:

I would really like to hear why Rembrandt is his favorite painter and which Rembrandt is his favorite. I'm not convinced that he can provide a coherent explanation.

And I say this as someone who has part of her favorite painting from her favorite painter as her profile picture! Caravaggio, FTW! 

Didn't he have a print of a Rembrandt in his apartment? I'm thinking it was the Night Watch, but I could be misremembering. I believe it was removed and probably relegated to a closet when Jessa redecorated, no doubt replaced by some hobby lobby word "art" or a framed picture of JB and M on a golf course. 

Not really defending him.  It's just that there is so much to legitimately criticize we don't need to reach. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Hey, that was me, lol! Over in the "Duggars and their World" topic a few months ago.

This morning I am feeling like the absolute opposite of a genius, so thank you from the bottom of my tired old heart. I needed that.

I gotta say, that post of his promoting those high priced pocket squares, was a jaw-dropper. The dissonance between those items and his little church in a struggling border town like Laredo, is staggering. Jeremy had to wait till he left for the bright lights and big city to step up to shilling high-end European silks.

I wonder what the financial foundation of MacArthur's religious empire is? I'd expect that the mainstay of his mega-church? Is a huge flock of ordinary middle-class people who have little extra money to burn. I'd be surprised if many of the men in the congregation even wear suits and ties to church regularly. And damned few of them are going to swan around sporting 85-Euro (Euro no less!) pocket squares.

Jeremy's going to MacArthur's seminary, and maybe that's a different socioeconomic crowd from the church. Perhaps the seminarians are into the suits and ties and aspirational European frou-frou, and Jeremy's just getting into the swing of things. 

OTOH, It's possible that Jeremy's head is so far up his own *ss that he's just gained himself a unique, very special, and not very positive reputation among his fellow seminarians. 

@floridamom nailed it. This guy has zero f*cks to give about the well-being of anyone else. I can't see him rolling out of bed at five a.m. to help a member of his church with a ride to work, staying late at the office to counsel a guy who's distraught over a marital problem, working the phones for hours to find resources for a family that's hit hard times, or even having the mere minimum of politeness required to thank and encourage the work of church members who volunteer to teach Sunday school or Bible classes. 

He wants to be famous. He's going to LA. LA is full of people who want to be famous. I bet JereME could, if asked, sit down and write, on the spot, a two page critique of the aesthetics of Joel Osteen's private jet. We know where his heart is. He's shown us.

He doesn’t have to “help” them, remember? He tells them to pray harder and quit sinning and all your wildest dreams will come true. He’ll pray for them to pray harder, 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think Austin is in it for himself, but Deredick and Jerememe are certainly in it for themselves. Benny Boy is too busy being lead around with a noose around his neck by JB and Jessa.

He may not be enough for him self, but he’s certainly in it for his own strict parents.  You could’ve married literally any other girl  without a TV show .

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

He may not be enough for him self, but he’s certainly in it for his own strict parents.  You could’ve married literally any other girl  without a TV show .

Plus, Bin himself wanted to get the hot girl. And I think he also had religion-related career ambitions, too, that he thought being a Duggar adjacent would help with, just like Der and Jer.   

However, Der and Jer already had their college degrees. And they married malleable Duggar women. So they were much farther along the path to getting any jobs or future education -- and have had a much easier time doing things their own way because they don't have to be cowed by Jessa all day. 

Given all the stuff Bin's said and posted over time (back when, you know, his wife allowed him to say and post things), it looks to me like his ambitions for a Duggar marriage were virtually identical to Der's and Jer's. But he had too many strikes against him -- including being younger than his wife, rather than older like the other two. 

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

They would fight over the mirror on the daily basis!

Jim Bob and Michelle are living proof that two ego monsters can happily coexist with the same mirror. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
20 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Jim Bob and Michelle are living proof that two ego monsters can happily coexist with the same mirror. 

Looking at Michelle hair I don’t think she looks in the mirror much... 

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, mimionthebeach said:

Didn't he have a print of a Rembrandt in his apartment? I'm thinking it was the Night Watch, but I could be misremembering. I believe it was removed and probably relegated to a closet when Jessa redecorated, no doubt replaced by some hobby lobby word "art" or a framed picture of JB and M on a golf course. 

Not really defending him.  It's just that there is so much to legitimately criticize we don't need to reach. 

Oh I dont necessarily mean my question as meanly as it may have sounded. If he can explain why, that's great. I'd just like to know what his reasoning is. It's not exactly as if he is innocent of posturing with props to "prove" his intellect, so I don't think I'm being gratuitously cruel to him.

Edited by Zella
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Am I the only one that thinks Jeremy and Jessa would make a good couple. Well, a power couple anyway.

I think she’s more than capable of jerking a knot in his tail, which is what he really really needs.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 5/5/2019 at 12:56 PM, BradandJanet said:

I received a velvet Elvis painting as a gift from a guy I was dating in college. Nice thought, but that spelled doom for the relationship, and just as well.

Jeremy looks like a serious nail biter. It's a habit but is aggravated by stress. I wonder what is stressing Jer these days. 

I had to go back and have a look!  Your right his finger nails are all chewed down!  Kind of strange looking on a fashionista wearing $270 pocket hankies!

• Love 3
(edited)

So now they’re going with an in-person gigantic suckup appeal for a parental handout. They must have checked LA real estate prices.

(It’s almost Mother’s Day, so they’re probably just trying to beat the crowds to kiss the hem of Michelle’s ancient denim skirt.)

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 14
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Am I the only one that thinks Jeremy and Jessa would make a good couple. Well, a power couple anyway.

Most definitely.  I think they are better suited.  And, Jinger and Ben would make a very nice, sweet, amiable couple.   

• Love 11

Since they were in Texas already for Big Sandy, it might be short trip to Laredo. 

I'm am expecting (pun intended) a big Duggar announcement on/for Mother's Day. Most likely from John David and Abbie and probably either Josiah and Lauren or Jill and Derick or maybe even both.  I wasn't thinking a JinJer announcement, but anything is possible. 

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

I have to sit next to this oversized mahogany furniture and try not to gag as he whispers “who’s the prettiest one?” and gazes at himself in the mirror after one too many glasses of blueberry pomegranate sparkling cider. 

“Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who’s the fairest preacher of them all?”

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I guess Jeremy wouldn't allow Jinger to join the rest of them at Big Sandy.

Maybe she didn’t want to go. Big Sandy sounds like its main purpose (for young adults, at least) is helping fundies get dates. I mean courtships. So really the only draw for Jinger would be seeing her family, which I think is pretty low on her priority list.

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

Maybe she didn’t want to go. Big Sandy sounds like its main purpose (for young adults, at least) is helping fundies get dates. I mean courtships. So really the only draw for Jinger would be seeing her family, which I think is pretty low on her priority list.

It's really about indoctrination. It's conference for people who follow IBLP, the organization formerly headed by Bill Gothard. Big Sandy has speakers and so it's a lot of listening to lectures.  A lot of IBLP families live out in the country and don't necessarily know too many other families who also follow IBLP (especially now) and so they get to connect with others who share their beliefs. There is some matchmaking involved, but it's really a chance to connect with people and reaffirm your beliefs. If IBLP wasn't so creepy, (all the purity, isolation, etc.), it would be just another religious conference. 

JinJer is now with MacArthur's group and has moved away from IBLP. It doesn't make sense to go back to those beliefs, even if she would get to see her family and friends.  There's so many speakers and lectures that they wouldn't have too much time to talk. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Lunera said:

looks like MEchelle went to visit her

"You'll never be out of my clutches. Never. Never."

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Like a bra. A bra can be pretty but it better hold the girls up or it serves no purpose. 

I support Jeremy wearing a bra!

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Temperance said:

JinJer is now with MacArthur's group and has moved away from IBLP. It doesn't make sense to go back to those beliefs, even if she would get to see her family and friends.

It may be that Jim Bob and Michelle are angry that Jinger didn't join them at Big Sandy and she posted that picture of her and Michelle (which could have been taken weeks or months ago for all we know) to make amends. I'm sure the best way to get back in Michelle's good graces is to lavish a big helping of flattery on her.

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Whether a preacher, lawyer, butcher, baker, or candlestick-maker, spending $85 on something you fold up and shove in a pocket until it's barely visible is down right stupid and a waste of money.

Like does Jeremy pull it out and show his friends his luxurious pocket square? For all anyone knows, it could be a pre-folded fake handkerchief sewn in the pocket.

If I'm going to spend $85 on a piece of clothing that is barely seen it needs to do more than just be pretty. Like a bra. A bra can be pretty but it better hold the girls up or it serves no purpose. 

Something tells me he does. 

And I hope they say, "What do you do when you have to blow your nose, dude?"

($95....gotta remember the conversion from Euros!....Plus tax, of course.)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

It may be that Jim Bob and Michelle are angry that Jinger didn't join them at Big Sandy and she posted that picture of her and Michelle (which could have been taken weeks or months ago for all we know) to make amends. I'm sure the best way to get back in Michelle's good graces is to lavish a big helping of flattery on her.

But didn’t JB and Michelle say when their kids are married they’re on their own? Leave and Cleave baby. Or does that not count for the Duggar kids. If they are upset they taught them this so it’s their problem not the married kids. 

Edited by Puffin
  • Love 3
(edited)

I doubt that JB and Michelle are angry that Jinger didn't join them at Big Sandy. Perhaps privately disappointed, but they certainly know where Jeremy's head is on theological matters, and it ain't in IBLP. 

I assume that a visit with the Vuolos was arranged in advance, to take advantage of JB and Michelle's trip to Big Sandy.  

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 7

Are they still being shuttled around by Duggar Airways?  The distance between Big Sandy and Laredo (8 hrs driving) is much farther than where they live in AR.  Texas is a BIG state.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Michelle is her hero?! The woman who did not protect you from your brother and did not get your any type of help after the fact, and watch her husband hand you off the highest bidder when it came to getting your married off. Some hero.

(edited)
5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Michelle is her hero?! The woman who did not protect you from your brother and did not get your any type of help after the fact, and watch her husband hand you off the highest bidder when it came to getting your married off. Some hero.

To be a Duggarling who smiles and remains faithful to your clan requires founding your life on a big sandpile of lies and doing whatever mental gymnastics are necessary to keep the tides of truth from washing the sandpile away. 

I realize that a lot of people don't agree with this.

But I don't believe any Duggarling who looked honestly at Duggar family life as conducted by JB and M would be able to say, "I had a great childhood and mama and daddy are my heroes! They are the truest Christians in the world!" 

And yet all the Duggar kids do.

They're all lying to themselves about their own experiences and, especially,  about their own real but buried and denied feelings, in my opinion. They've buried those feelings under a pile of mama-and-daddy brainwashing, Gothard brainwashing, enforced groupthink in which bros and sisses are lined up to keep their other sibs in line, and the lying they've been told is a requirement for Christian conservative families appearing on Reality TeeVee to get that money and be national role models for Jesus!!!

Their whole family structure and their whole cult structure are set up for the sole purpose of forcing people to bury their individuality, their critical-thinking ability and their personal feelings. And those structures have succeeded in the tasks they were designed for.

Nobody will ever convince me that, deep down, they have truly always felt that Meechelle -- who passed off all her six-month-old babies to seven-year-olds to care for so she could go have orgasmless quick fucks with Jim Bob for the sole purpose of creating more babies -- is a "hero."

Or that they've totally suffered no lingering consequences or issues ever at all from the tiny easily-passed-over incident in which their brother-the-young-king molested them and mama and daddy gaily swept it under the rug so they could all go on "reality" TeeVee.

And yet this is what they say. 

They lie -- although they don't realize it -- because their lives were founded on lies for the purpose of making them liars of exactly this kind. 

I'm not saying Jim Bob and Meechelle are some kind of masterminds or consciously evil.

I'm saying that -- in my opinion -- human brains are well built to manipulate things to meet their own most desperate needs and desires without the brains' owners even realizing they're doing it.

And ethics about valuing the truth or babies' needs or other people's individuality or whatever play absolutely no part in such manipulations. JB and M have gotten what they need out of their 19 children. And the children are the losers.

It's just "nature red in tooth and claw," showing its colors in a situation where two needy greedy people came together by chance, with their needs intertwining. And because they did they managed to unconsciously create a horrible situation in which 19 spermfruit -- easy to manipulate because you get'em from birth -- fail to develop into individuals, or realize their own potential, or learn to live successfully on their own in the contemporary world, or feel many of their own feelings either, for the most part.

That there are 19 is a sign of the desperate emotional needs that created the kids. In my opinion.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 21
33 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Are they still being shuttled around by Duggar Airways?  The distance between Big Sandy and Laredo (8 hrs driving) is much farther than where they live in AR.  Texas is a BIG state.  

Good point. I shoulda looked it up before posting. 

16 hours ago, BitterApple said:

The house looks really well staged and nicely cared for. I'm not surprised there's already an offer pending.

I agree but I would get rid of the Duggar Family photo in the living room.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Most definitely.  I think they are better suited.  And, Jinger and Ben would make a very nice, sweet, amiable couple.   

I agree with this, and I think Jessa, deep down, will always regret marrying the first boy that looked at her, and not waiting and keeping Jeremy for herself. She probably even realizes she couldn't push Jeremy around, and is happy enough with Bin, but I'll never believe that Jessa wouldn't want the #1 alpha, "looker" husband who is going places for herself. 

One thing that I do wonder, though, is if Jessa would have been hitting brooks brothers with him, thrilled to be a fashion plate, or would be insisting on shapeless thrift store tees to stay true to brand. I could honestly see it going either way! However, as much as she holds onto frumpy clothing, I bet she couldn't resist the Instagram love and status she'd get from being all dressed up with her equally stylish husband. But still, it's good that she's not married to him, because losing the baby weight hasn't seemed to come easily to her, and she seems insecure about it. I bet sweet Bin would never say a word, and legitimately doesn't care. Idk how Jessa would take Jeremy's explicit or implicit expectation that she go right back to being skinny, and I don't believe she'd resort to extreme calorie restriction (which I believe jinger does) to satisfy her man. BUT...obviously a wife who was somewhat her own person and refused to starve herself might be good for Jeremy!

• LOL 1
  • Love 14