Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

The Duggars are horrible at social media because they are sheltered, socially inept and undereducated. 

They seem too dull to actually get anything out of interactions with people because they  do not understand other grown adults and how most people live ( go to school get a job, become independent ect)

Add that into their cult beliefs...failure all around. They don't care to branch out, and are too stupid to see the benefit in doing so. I don't even think the adult Duggars understand that to get through to people ( in order to convert them as that is their goal) it is a good idea to truly relate to them and find a common connection. They throw the " can anybody relate" out there without knowing WHY they should be relating to the heathens on SM. Just parroting lines. 

Its actually quite interesting seeing how badly they are failing as adults. I can't wait to see the instagrams of the howlers and lost girls 

I think you've also hit upon why they don't go to the library - selfish stupidity on the part of JB and Michelle.  They themselves aren't interested in reading or books outside of a small circle of trite pap; so the children don't "have to" be interested in it either (read:  "I find it boring so I wouldn't take them").  We've never seen any indication that Mere and Pere Duggar even read as widely as Jeremy; I'm not sure they'd know what to do with a biography of Susie Spurgeon, which would probably strike them as dull as the proverbial ditchwater; and might be why they need their preachers to tell them about the Bible.  There's literally no trick to taking children to a library and asking them to run their reading selections by you as parent before the kids take them out.  I used to work in a small town library, and I've seen it countless times from all manner and stripe of parents.  I was in fact astonished during my lib. sci. classes, to realize that with the benefit of hindsight my mother probably thought librarians were vetting my books for "appropriateness", because when a friend sent me a Peter Straub or similar she thought I'd like for my birthday on the border into 7th grade, my mother called up the friend's mother and read her the riot act for "letting her daughter read such age-inappropriate books" and trying to corrupt me.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Zella said:

I imagine they are too suspicious and disinterested to ever give it a try, which is sad. Do the Duggars ever mention going to their local library? At ours, we have a lot of homeschoolers who come for books and programs. It would do the Duggars a world of good, but I imagine they are too suspicious and disinterested to ever give it a try, which is sad. 

They've already got a book. Why would they need another one? 😏

• LOL 15
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

In my experience, a branch takes on the tone of the community. I'm sure there are a few branch libraries in the LA area where the community is white, upper-middle class and apolitical.  These branches would have more controversial picture books in their collection, but they are never used for any display or storytime.  These library programs would be filled with other white SAHMs where Jinger and Felicity would feel at home.  I don't get the impression that Jinger and Jeremy are as adverse to meeting new people as the rest of the Duggar clan.

Jerememe probably only wants to meet new people so he can stroke his massive ego, show off his family, or try to shove his beliefs on others. I cannot imagine trying to have a conversation with him or Jinger.

Whoa, JerMe finally got a sponsor for fancy European mens clothing store. Wonder how long he's been badgering them, or how many of his silly followers wil actually make a purchase. Of course, he put it on IG stories to avoid the bad commentary. 

That silly little pocket square will set you back 85 euros.

Screenshot_20190504-144555_Instagram-720x1280.thumb.jpg.db89541dbec2680d746a8d180a2f9e00.jpgScreenshot_20190504-145241_Instagram-720x1280.thumb.jpg.fdf8078bc9c9ca5bcebfca352c29d330.jpg

Screenshot_20190504-144627_Instagram-720x1280.jpg

• LOL 4
6 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Whoa, JerMe finally got a sponsor for fancy European mens clothing store. Wonder how long he's been badgering them, or how many of his silly followers wil actually make a purchase. Of course, he put it on IG stories to avoid the bad commentary. 

Screenshot_20190504-144555_Instagram-720x1280.thumb.jpg.db89541dbec2680d746a8d180a2f9e00.jpgScreenshot_20190504-145241_Instagram-720x1280.thumb.jpg.fdf8078bc9c9ca5bcebfca352c29d330.jpg

How much money does Jeremy think his followers have? 

Also look at his trousers looks like he wet himself.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Well -- if we doubted it before -- the reason he's so taken by the preachersnsneakers instagram is now crystal clear. He wants to be just like them. Except with a more uptight wardrobe. 

The owner of that instagram considers his postings a slam on the Pastors of Vanity Fair. But Jer clearly finds the jerkwads aspirational.

I've known some clergy in my life who turned out to have crap values and feet of shitty clay. And they were all vanity-fair types. (not that there aren't some shit-clay types who pretend not to love wealth and personal power and position )

Anyway, hard for me to see how those interests exist alongside any actual spiritual values of any variety. Especially when you shill the fashion stuff online to your "followers" -- few of whom probably have the wealth you're suggesting they burn to be like you. 

I don't know what to say about somebody who'd wear the Rembrandt pocket square without irony. The price is too high to buy it as the joke it is, though, I expect.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16

I know that the consensus among many is that Jeremy is the best Duggar-girl husband, but I have to disagree.  I can't stand arrogant men.  That is a major turnoff for me.  I think I'd rather be married to Ben or Derrick because maybe if I ignored them they would just let me do my own thing.  Although seeing Derrick's face on a daily basis is a scary thought!

• Love 16

It's becoming more and more obvious that Jer sees himself more as a upper-class theologian, rather than a pastor.  He has no desire or use for helping others less fortunate than him.  It's all about his "brand" at this point.  Perhaps his classmates at bible college will purchase expensive handkerchiefs, since they all have to dress to a certain standard there anyway.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
58 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I know it's self-serving on his part, but at least he's bringing a little class to the Duggars. I'm sure they didn't learn about Rembrandt at the School of the Dining Room Table. The biggest word they learned was perpendicular. I can imagine the Duggars would use these to blow their noses. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 12
25 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Jeremy is proving to be a doozy. I don't have an issue with him being into nice clothing, because hey, we all have our vices, but he's chosen faith and the church as his livelihood. I feel like he has a responsibility to do more than wear fancy suits and spout a few Bible verses on Sundays. For an alleged Pastor, his walk with God is incredibly shallow and one-sided.

There is a reason in some churches they would call Jeremy a preacher and not a pastor.  That's all the leader is good for and usually they aren't even really good preachers.  

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Dude.  I've been to the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam.  Seen the Dutch Masters' paintings up close.  You should be ashamed shilling that absurd pocket square.   This will come back to haunt your career.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Absolom said:

There is a reason in some churches they would call Jeremy a preacher and not a pastor.  That's all the leader is good for and usually they aren't even really good preachers.  

...as in this case....   ;  )

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I am baffled as to where this guy gets his confidence about his looks. He’s average-plus good looking with a receding hairline and a jawline that’s headed toward jowldom.

You aren’t exactly turning heads, Jer.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I am baffled as to where this guy gets his confidence about his looks. He’s average-plus good looking with a receding hairline and a jawline that’s headed toward jowldom.

You aren’t exactly turning heads, Jer.

In addition to the looks question, where does he get his confidence in his intelligence, his preaching ability, his wit .... 

Just call him Jeremy Dunning-Kruger. 

Fortunately for him, a lot of people take you at your own valuation. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I'd bet real money Jer doesn't know anything substantive about Rembrandt either. Nor does he care about Rembrandt. Or art.

His approach to his religion makes it quite clear that he has close to no intellect and absolutely no soul, if you ask me. And the way he dresses often suggests that he doesn't even know much about his real obsession -- looking good and fashionable. Those calf-colored loafers and the pale-blue socks, anyone? 

I expect all he knows in this case is that famous old European paintings suggest sophistication, class and money to many people. And he wants that image.

And he's stupid and shallow enough to think he can get it by shilling some pricey joke handkerchief. 

Of course I guess it's only appropriate for the Duggars' only source of class to be a striving ass who's fundamentally just as stupid and ignorant as they are. 

No one with real sophistication and class is going to be impressed by him. And especially not with a Duggar wife.

• Love 20

I used to think that Jeremy, despite being a smug, pretentious ass, was a smug, pretentious ass who could play the social media game better than his in-laws. That post has remedied me of that line of thinking. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

I would really like to hear why Rembrandt is his favorite painter and which Rembrandt is his favorite. I'm not convinced that he can provide a coherent explanation.

And I say this as someone who has part of her favorite painting from her favorite painter as her profile picture! Caravaggio, FTW! 

• Love 24

That snot rag wouldn't sell for more than $10 at your local hot topic. 

I never found Jeremy that physically attractive, but now I’m getting actively repulsed by him. He’s not Durwood level yet,  but he’s the bottom of the barrel otherwise in Duggar spouses.  

What a bullshitter. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
3 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I'm sure that woman is going to end up going to Walmart for that tie.

Citrus & Lemon Spouses, for when you want everyone to know you overpaid. 

• LOL 7
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

Nice that he's using Felicity in his commercials, too. 

He's a chip off the old Jim Bob block. 

Not as careful with his clothing budget, though, however. 

He didn't get the "buy used, save the difference" memo. 😀

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
(edited)
23 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

Idk why but he reminds me of Bill Rancic. And I see his future being the same, someone who gets millions just to talk about nothing.

I'm sure he'd love that. But have you heard him preach? He's no BIll Rancic. Horrible speaking voice, no wit, no charisma, no ability to think or adapt on his feet. Utter inability to feign being relatable or express self-deprecating humor even to the tiniest degree -- which basically disqualifies him from success as a speaker to general audiences. 

He's so far below a fair-to-middling speaker-personality like Rancic that it isn't even funny. And he's already way too old to have the excuse of being a beginner or the time to somehow develop all these talents that God didn't give him. 

He'll have to get wherever he gets purely by sucking up -- as opposed to just half-to-two-thirds by sucking up the way Rancic has.

He may well succeed in being some guy like MacArthur's little suck-up toady who gets to follow the boss around and run a few sideshows. He is a world-class suck-up and he has the Duggar followers and the Duggar name to sell. But he lacks any ability as a speaker outside the preacher realm.

And even in that realm he lurks somewhere barely at or below average. Even in a church where he's sucked up and where Duggar fame matters, nobody will fork over millions for that. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10

My dad has several fine art printed pocket squares he bought in London years ago. One is a stunning Klimt Tree of Life that I actually tried to snag to get framed for my bedroom.  I never managed to pull it off.

The photos in this thread compared to the photos in the other married couples threads just amaze me.  It's truly is like looking at a real Rembrandt and comparing it to a framed Elvis portrait on velvet.   

I like seeing attractive things and people.  YMMV. 

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, leighdear said:

My dad has several fine art printed pocket squares he bought in London years ago. One is a stunning Klimt Tree of Life that I actually tried to snag to get framed for my bedroom.  I never managed to pull it off.

The photos in this thread compared to the photos in the other married couples threads just amaze me.  It's truly is like looking at a real Rembrandt and comparing it to a framed Elvis portrait on velvet.   

I like seeing attractive things and people.  YMMV.9

1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20190504-183228_Instagram.thumb.jpg.65e30a6f4672d9e26ccc55b303168981.jpgScreenshot_20190504-183247_Instagram.thumb.jpg.982d41175d3dd1c48b3d0caf7c3976f1.jpg

Most of the comments are about how cute Felicity is. Lol they don't even have the products he's shilling in stock yet. 🙄😂

To be fair, Felicity is a doll. I wish they’d stop putting bows on her head, though. She looks goofy.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

How’s that go again, Jer?

”Beware false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their $250 silk neckties.”

Pretentious ass.

Praise the Lord and pass the almighty dollars

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, leighdear said:

I like seeing attractive things and people.  YMMV. 

And I have one of those velvet Elvis things. My brother sent it to me as a joke. Jeremy seems to bite his fingernails. How has he not managed to show off his manly manicure - can’t. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Wait... Jer says he wants a revival. So I guess this was really his super-clever way of starting one!     😀

Oh has he now?  I've come to equate a pastor calling for a revival meaning that they want butts in seats tithing so they can rack in the $$$, not surprising from Jer.

Edited by BigBingerBro
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

I know it's self-serving on his part, but at least he's bringing a little class to the Duggars. I'm sure they didn't learn about Rembrandt at the School of the Dining Room Table. The biggest word they learned was perpendicular. I can imagine the Duggars would use these to blow their noses. 

Well, now they can all learn the word narcissism.

“Children today at the SODRT we’re going to learn about narcissism, and I’ve brought Uncle Jeremy along as an example.” “ Can you pronounce narcissism?”

They also learned bankruptcy which actually may come in handy in the lean years ahead when they all go bust.

• LOL 13
  • Love 8
(edited)

Since I'm on a ranting roll (rolling rant?), I thought about the oft-heard argument that Jer's a premium Duggar adjacent because his religious compatriots have a kinder view of women than the Duggars do. 

But the the-woman-is-always-responsible-for-male-sins thing is pretty pervasive and it's part of the MacArthur culture, too. One of the things that's alleged about his schools is a rape cover-up including demands that a raped woman apologize to her rapist -- who was a stranger to her -- for the clothes she was wearing when he attacked her. 

'A former student, who goes by Jane, penned an open letter about her sexual assault at the institution, and revealed she was forced to apologize to her attacker who allegedly raped and drugged her....

'Pastor MacArthur and Rick Holland, the pastor for the church affiliated with the college, got involved. According to Jane, Rick told her that Pastor MacArthur thinks she should be disciplined for drinking, doing drugs, and almost dancing — and threatens to kick her out of the school.

'"He is angry at me for going to the police and the doctor. I should have let the church handle this without outside interference," she explained. "He tells me not to tell anyone else, not my fellow classmates, not my teachers, not anyone at church." He goes on to accuse her of ruining the young man's life.

'Her attacker eventually confesses to his "sin" — but Jane is still asked to apologize to him for the "dress she was wearing at the bar" and for drinking. "[Rick] says I caused this young man to stumble, and he is incensed that I have not dropped the charges with the police," Jane wrote. " I am told that the stranger and I have committed this sin together and therefore we must work through it together. I must agree to sit next to the stranger in church every week."'

Sounds pretty much like JB's and M's whole keep-treating-Joshley-like-the-young-head-of-the-family-after-the-molestation-thing-and-oh-for-God's-sake-sweep-it-totally-under-the-rug incident, no? 

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jeremy-vuolo-masters-seminary-160113/

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1