Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

On 3/21/2019 at 1:08 PM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Heavy boobs will do it.  I wore an I cup (yes, an I) before my reduction and lift.  Once that healed, my posture improved instantly.  

My sympathies are with you on that I cup. I wear a DD bra, but I bought it before I gained weight, and I'm sure I really need to be fitted again. I'm thinking after I have children, I will likely get a reduction, but I don't want to do it now and then balloon when I get pregnant! I have never, ever, ever understood why people get boobs this size on purpose. They are so limiting and heavy, and no, they don't improve your dating life, either. They get you gross comments from creeps, but decent guys don't date you just for the boobs. 

• Love 14
On 3/18/2019 at 9:00 PM, marypat57 said:

There's always drama in the choir!  As a 24 year member of my choir, I can certainly attest to that. 

My favorite choir quote is "When you sing, you're only giving back the voice God gave to you--whether He wants it back or not". 

I am not in the choir but I will warn people before I sing that I am living proof of the verse " Make a joyful noise unto the Lord."

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

My sympathies are with you on that I cup. I wear a DD bra, but I bought it before I gained weight, and I'm sure I really need to be fitted again. I'm thinking after I have children, I will likely get a reduction, but I don't want to do it now and then balloon when I get pregnant! I have never, ever, ever understood why people get boobs this size on purpose. They are so limiting and heavy, and no, they don't improve your dating life, either. They get you gross comments from creeps, but decent guys don't date you just for the boobs. 

My best friend through high school and college - and to this day, really, though we seem to see each other rarely these days - was very well endowed, and says the same thing. She always had guys in spades wanting to go out with her, which kinda made me jealous. But then again she was also pretty and intelligent, and much more of a natural people-person than I was, so maybe the boobs were only part of it. But she is single to this day, and never did manage to find a guy who wasn't sort of a creep at heart.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Wonder if Michelle had this same posture when she'd only had one kid? I always thought it probably related to the many stresses her back and abdominal muscles have had over the years..... but maybe not? 

When I see them standing like that, the word that comes to my mind is "simpering." Might be wrong, but my theory is it's an affected pose to appear like a joyfully adoring wife. (I have atrocious posture myself, but that just doesn't even look like naturally bad posture. I could be wrong.) 

• Love 10
32 minutes ago, Zella said:

When I see them standing like that, the word that comes to my mind is "simpering." Might be wrong, but my theory is it's an affected pose to appear like a joyfully adoring wife. (I have atrocious posture myself, but that just doesn't even look like naturally bad posture. I could be wrong.) 

"Simpering" describes both Michelle and Jinger to a tee! The other girls try to do it, but Michelle and Jinger are naturals!

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

Jeremy's strengths and weaknesses will only matter depending on his goals. If wants to become a Super Preacher then being academically smart isn't a requirement. If he wants to become a respected theologian then it is.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jeremy's strengths and weaknesses will only matter depending on his goals. If wants to become a Super Preacher then being academically smart isn't a requirement. If he wants to become a respected theologian then it is.

Yeah, but if he wants to become a Super Preacher he does need to be an engaging, charismatic, emotionally moving, attention-grabbing, rhetoric-laden, voice-projecting preacher in the pulpit. And he's not that either. Not by a country mile.  

My sense also, though, is that he sees John MacArthur as somebody who's managed both those things, which is pretty much true, given the current crop, I think. 

And I'm pretty sure, given his comments and his actions, that being the next MacArthur is what he aspires to. .... And in that case he'll have to pull two major sets of talents out of his ass.

I'm pretty sure that's what he's trying to do: he does a lot of talk about heavy theological tomes, but he also seems to gravitate toward having photos of himself everywhere, so that's the Super Preacher line. it'd be easier to just go after one, obviously, but he's looking at MacArthur, who seems to have done both. Jer may not have the talents for either, though. He hasn't shown them so far. 

• Love 10
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 9:45 PM, Christina87 said:

I've always wondered if I had scoliosis. I was screened in school and passed, but have slouched forever. I really wonder if my boobs have something to do with it (definitely not bragging...they are heavy!!!), or my height, since I always had to slouch in school desks. Also, my neck is really far forward, which is part of my migraine issue. 

I have the combined "tall girl slouch" with the large breasts combo.  Once those shoulders become accustomed to being pulled in (to downplay breast size and appear smaller), chest muscles tighten and back muscles become over stretched.  They actually make a pillow to lay on to stretch out the chest muscles and relieve the back muscles.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I have the combined "tall girl slouch" with the large breasts combo.  Once those shoulders become accustomed to being pulled in (to downplay breast size and appear smaller), chest muscles tighten and back muscles become over stretched.  They actually make a pillow to lay on to stretch out the chest muscles and relieve the back muscles.

Does the pillow work for low average girls with large breasts who also tended to slouch? Asking for a friend...

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, emma675 said:

RedheadZombie, do you know the name of that pillow? I'm the classic tall girl with big boobs who grew/developed too early and has a permanent slouch.

Oh gosh girl, me too. I hated looking like an adult while all my friends were adorable little children! I would have given anything in middle school to be petite and short with no curves. Especially as a dancer, I stood out so much. Even on the basketball team, the short girls got to play the better positions.

And i'd say as an adult (besides being too call for a lot of guys to consider), the worst thing has been never having a "cute" body for a bikini. If I wear one, I look like I belong at the Playboy mansion! In fact, that goes for a large variety of clothing. I've almost always worn a one piece at the beach, not because I'm ashamed of my body, but because I don't want to show up looking inappropriately sexy. It reeks of desperation and trying too hard! I would love to go get a little bikini and be able to wear it, totally unnoticed, on the beach. Instead, I feel like people see me in my one piece and think either that I'm censoring myself because I'm bigger than them and super modest, or that i incorrectly think I'm a whale, and am insecure. No, I just don't want to look like Pamela Anderson on the prowl! I don't have an overtly sexual personality, so I don't want to give the wrong impression. I also can't wear a button up shirt to save my life!

I did learn something early on, though...that I'll never just blend into the crowd. I finally decided that in my dance recital, when I was 5'9" with at least a C cup at the time, and everyone else was 5'4" and flat chested, at least my hard work wouldn't go unnoticed! People would look at me no matter what, so I was going to be the BEST one and show them that the tall girl has moves! I have a pretty quirky personality too, so I learned early on that I was just never going to blend in and fly under the radar. I might as well be the best version of myself I can if I'm going to be so conspicuous!

Hahaha sorry we're getting off topic. I guess there's something bad about every body type, though! People complain about being flat chested and I'm like whaaaaa...?

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 5
On 3/23/2019 at 11:13 AM, Fostersmom said:

Felicity crawling.

It’s the little things like this normal video that show Jeremy is in love with that baby.  Felicity has him wrapped around her little finger.   He’s got some crazy beliefs, but I do believe that they have a happy home.  Good for Jinger!

• Love 14

I wonder how JB is feeling right now. He is probably working on a spin off show for Jinger and Jeremy. And please...God is directing them to Los Angeles. No Jeremy, your ego and self importance is sending the three of you to LA. And yes, the baby is cute.

My guess is Jessa, Jim Bob, and Michelle. The desperate famewhore contingent--piggybacking on fellow famewhore Jeremy.

Jana might also tag along to babysit. But I could also seenl her being left behind to run the asylum.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

Jeremy couldn't run away fast enough from Laredo. I predicted Jeremy would move them there when Jinger was still pregnant. Maybe they'll get their own spin off, Jinger in the Big City.

Honestly, I can't see how they'll afford it without the show, since neither of them have a real job. 

• Love 16
34 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I wonder which Duggar will be visiting her first. Any bets?

I don’t know about visiting, but I’m sure she’s getting a call from Jill. Jill will be telling her how she can audit classes while dumping Felicity with some random daycare or babysitter. Thinking that way, maybe Jana will have to move there to sit while Jinger goes to classes. Ok. Final answer is Jana. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Zella said:

I think this move to l.a. is going to end up being a "careful what you wish for" type thing. 

Yup....

I wonder how Jeremy, who for sure considers himself to be a grand intellectual, will feel when his degree becomes essentially worthless paper to anyone outside a small insular circle when Master's Seminary inevitably looses it's regional accreditation? 

From wikipedia: "As of July 18, 2018, The Master's University and Seminary was placed under probation by its accrediting institution, the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.[2] According to the letter sent by WASC to its president John F. MacArthur, WASC found TMUS in violation of multiple standards of accreditation, including competing loyalties among its board of directors, a lack of operational integrity, and a pattern of unethical treatment among faculty and staff. In addition, WASC's visiting team observed and received reports of a climate of fear, intimidation, bullying, and uncertainty among significant numbers of faculty and staff.[3] Furthermore, WASC released a statement stating its "extreme concern" that TMUS may be in violation of required reporting responsibilities under the Clery Act, the Violence Against Women Act, and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.[4] TMUS has less than two years to take action to fix the problems WASC discovered, otherwise TMUS' accreditation will be withdrawn. [5]"

I work in and study higher ed. Most schools are put on probation for financial issues or certain academic issues, and many of those find it hard to address the issues that put them on probation. Most are NOT put on probation for things like this. This is a big deal. There is no way they can "fix" these issues in less than two years. 

Also, why does the MDiv there take 3-4 years???

• Useful 5
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

I do like the fact that Jinger is getting the big city she wanted. Michelle probably has that crazy ass look on her face right now

She is also going to get big city prices.  It will be a huge shock coming out here after being in Arkansas and Texas.  

• Love 19
10 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

I do like the fact that Jinger is getting the big city she wanted. Michelle probably has that crazy ass look on her face right now

The sad part is the only reason why she is getting her big city is because she was allowed to get married, and her lordship err... Jeremy wants to spread his five minutes of fame to Los Angeles. I bet Deredick is jealous of all the evil heathens Jeremy can attempt to save.

Sure Jeremy I will pray for a self centered ego driven famewhore because he is moving to the big evil city in order to prove his lordship. I will get right on it!

Please forgive me everyone. I think my thyroid hormone levels are off again. I get cranky when I do not feel good.

9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

From their website:

22573CB3-DDAD-4D4E-9B55-EE683F677D20.jpeg

I am interested in how God wants them to pay for this move.  Attending Grace whatever is not going to buy Felicty diapers or headbands.  I worked full-time while working on my masters--no reason one of them cannot get a full-time job with benefits.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I am interested in how God wants them to pay for this move.  Attending Grace whatever is not going to buy Felicty diapers or headbands.  I worked full-time while working on my masters--no reason one of them cannot get a full-time job with benefits.

I thought the show was their job or did I miss something in the translation.

So they will ATTEND Grace Community mega church. The show can't be paying them enough to live on, the money pie being so divided. Jeremy will definitely have to get a job.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 14
7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I thought the show was their job or did I miss something in the translation.

The announcement was all about what church they will be attending and that Jeremy is in school.  Nothing about how they will be paying for this move and to support a family of 3.  There is no way that their cut will pay for them to live in LA even a run-down studio apartment.  

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The announcement was all about what church they will be attending and that Jeremy is in school.  Nothing about how they will be paying for this move and to support a family of 3.  There is no way that their cut will pay for them to live in LA even a run-down studio apartment.  

Since God seems to like them so much (trying not to gag while typing,) I guess God would help him find a way to support his little family. Yes, I was able to type the sentences without laughing out loud or banging my head against the keyboard.

47 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I don’t know about visiting, but I’m sure she’s getting a call from Jill. Jill will be telling her how she can audit classes while dumping Felicity with some random daycare or babysitter. Thinking that way, maybe Jana will have to move there to sit while Jinger goes to classes. Ok. Final answer is Jana. 

Oh, I doubt that Jinger will be glued to Jeremy's side when he has to attend class. I can't see Jeremy putting up with that little act for a hot minute. 

• Love 10
On 3/6/2019 at 7:24 PM, queenanne said:

Aw, testing her stance... what a sweetie full of innocent joy.  I remember doing that with a friend's child in a restaurant, until all of a sudden I realized that I had very little to do with the process and was pretty much simply "spotting him" by keeping my hands under his little squeezed fists.  I love visibly seeing "learning".  It was a magical moment.

I'm pretty sure all the dugger kids come to the marriage with trust funds from being on the show forever!  I wonder if the girls turn them over to their masters, sorry husbands when they marry?  Would that be the dugger way?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Oh, I doubt that Jinger will be glued to Jeremy's side when he has to attend class. I can't see Jeremy putting up with that little act for a hot minute. 

I don't think women are allowed in the program, so Jinger auditing anything is moot.

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

She is also going to get big city prices.  It will be a huge shock coming out here after being in Arkansas and Texas.  

For REAL. I  grew up in southern California and about 10 years ago, the family and I booked it out of state because of the insane prices, taxes, housing costs, etc., and it's only getting worse. It is really no joke. You need to be making a very, very good living to live well in California, to say nothing of Los Angeles. Hope they've saved that show money.

California is surprisingly pretty conservative in a lot of areas, but LA, not so much. Anything that gets them further out of their bigot bubble is a good thing.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 9
59 minutes ago, snarky snarkerson said:

Also, why does the MDiv there take 3-4 years???

So John MacArthur and his relatives can rake in more cash (and so JM can conduct a more effective program of browbeating to ensure that grads follow his exact dicta as slavishly as possible, thus raking in more recruits and converts so JM and his relatives can rake in more cash....ad infinitum). 

This is the misogynistic, racist, homophobic, anti-Catholic, overprivileged gravy train Jer is dead set on riding. (but you won't hear any of those facts from him)

We'll see .... I guess he realizes he's got get to ground zero so he can cozy up to old John and get his foot farther in the door than his many rivals (many of whom are probably quite a bit smarter and more eloquent than Jer..... so sucking up most effectively will be key.) ....

Well, that, and being the one who promises MacArthur and company the most and best mass and social media exposure. ...

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 19

So, they're downsizing from a four bedroom home toooo what?  A two bedroom apartment? Where will Jinger's piano and all of Jeremy's clothes fit? This seems kind of irresponsible of Jeremy, unless he already had a sweet job and a home waiting for him.

• Love 10