Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Why post all this about Grandpa Duggars all over SM? They can't just remember him privately?

Guilt?

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, bythelake said:

Guilt?

More like $$$$ opportunity. The more you post on SM the more potential followers to your IG /blog ( which in turn more $$$ from advertisements )

I read a really interesting article on someone who tried to become a Instagram influencer. You really do have to post a ton and work your hashtags. I do think the duggars are feeling some sort of financial strain. Jill actually just posted a coherent blog post, with an edible recipe and nice picture. Jana suddenly has an instagram account. hm.

• Like 14

4 hours ago, truthtalk2014 said:

The second coffee mug is clearly Jay Leno.

That was my first thought.

• Like 2

On 2/3/2019 at 10:50 AM, Barb23 said:

I thought I was reading Chuck's eulogy except for the last two paragraphs.

His line "As a young boy, I stood beside him as he tenderly loved my mother" gave me a whole different picture than the one he was trying to get across. Am I the only one who interpreted it this way? 

Nope. 

• Like 5

The Vuolos are in Arkansas. So, what's the big announcement this time?

• Like 2

Since everyone is wearing jackets in the picture above I can only surmise that whichever House they are all gathered in isn’t heated or the thermostat is set very low in truly cheap Dugger fashion.

• Like 2

There was no FB live sermon today. They generally post all sermons, even those by substitute pastors. Maybe they gave up; I never saw more than a dozen people watching the GCC feed at any given time. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

6 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Since everyone is wearing jackets in the picture above I can only surmise that whichever House they are all gathered in isn’t heated or the thermostat is set very low in truly cheap Dugger fashion.

They are in a restaurant. There's menu cards and money on the table. 

• Like 7
  • Laugh 2

1 hour ago, Lunera said:

I don’t know he context of this photo but it sure looks like Abbie and JD? Joe? Just announced they were having a baby. 

• Like 4

I'm guessing Abbie's pregnant.

I'm also wondering how much longer Jinger and Jeremy are going to last in Laredo. Jeremy's pretty much given up the ghost of pretending to be lead pastor at GCC and they're gone every weekend. It wouldn't surprise me if we get a big announcement in the near future that God "called" Jeremy to more glamorous pastures. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 18

2 hours ago, Lunera said:

That picture was taken in Laredo. The littles and the bros stayed in Arkansas while JB, Michelle and Jana went to Texas along with the couples (Seewalds, Forsyths and Duggars)

1 hour ago, Snow Fairy said:

Or maybe Jessa's gender reveal?

Jessa’s gender reveal?  That would be more interesting than another baby gender reveal!

• Like 5
  • Laugh 19

2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I'm guessing Abbie's pregnant.

I'm also wondering how much longer Jinger and Jeremy are going to last in Laredo. Jeremy's pretty much given up the ghost of pretending to be lead pastor at GCC and they're gone every weekend. It wouldn't surprise me if we get a big announcement in the near future that God "called" Jeremy to more glamorous pastures. 

Jer can't leave yet...He's still making his website. 

I looked on the "Ministries" page and here's the text: 

"Youth ministry

"Could put some information about any youth groups he has here, time, dates, descriptions, etc. I think it would be good to have a call out for these if he has any though – just so people know they are happening.

"Spanish Services

"Could put some information about the Spanish services he has here, time, dates, descriptions, etc. I think it would be good to have a call out for these if he has any though – just so people know they are happening.

"Small groups

"Could put some information about any youth small groups or bible studies he has here, time, dates, descriptions, etc. I think it would be good to have a call out for these if he has any though – just so people know they are happening."

Rule one for websites: Don't make the page live until you've written something on it. 

There's some kind of work-in-progress thing going on here, apparently.  ;  )

The virus strikes again. Never underestimate how much like Duggars the people who marry Duggars can be. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 16

2 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

I don’t know he context of this photo but it sure looks like Abbie and JD? Joe? Just announced they were having a baby. 

Given that Abbie and JD are front and center, I feel like it has something to do with them too. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

They are in a restaurant. There's menu cards and money on the table. 

It looks like an Olive Garden. 

• Like 2

My mistake I thought the Vuolos were in Arkansas. Jeremy's church moved to an ever bigger location.

• Like 3

Jinger has a million followers; Jeremy only half a million.  I wonder if a bigger church was really needed. Those pews look only half full.  Room for growth, I guess.

• Like 7

The fact that everyone went to Laredo instead of convening in Arkansas makes me think the Duggars are just in town for the grand opening of Jeremy’s new church. It’s possible that JD and Abbie also announced a pregnancy, but I doubt that was the main reason for the gathering.

• Like 10

Jinger is looking kinda scary skinny in that photo...her head is getting that "too big for her body" look. Maybe nursing is taking it all out of her. My daughter ended up losing more weight than she ever planned on lately, trying to keep up nursing for as long as she can, though after 10 months her body seems to think she should be moving on. She's also getting some blood work to see if maybe her thyroid is acting up. I hope that Jinger is getting some decent medical care. 

• Like 4

I decided to finally listen to some of the Holy Goalie's preaching.  OMG what a hot mess.  It's like he's trying to mimic various well known preachers when he really should be going for his own style.  He's very hard to follow.  He needs to stop with the "Does that make sense?" every minute.  Also, it seems that the congregation is so minimal that he asks questions and interacts with them by name as if it's more of a bible study.  In the clip I'm watching, I'm about 17 minutes in and about 5 times now he's made some sort of derogatory and mean comment about people he's talked scripture with.   That's a very cheap style of preaching and make him look extremely "I'm better than you".   Has he had any formal theology training?  If not, he should.

Edited by BigBingerBro
  • Like 10
  • Useful 3

29 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I decided to finally listen to some of the Holy Goalie's preaching.  OMG what a hot mess.  It's like he's trying to mimic various well known preachers when he really should be going for his own style.  He's very hard to follow.  He needs to stop with the "Does that make sense?" every minute.  Also, it seems that the congregation is so minimal that he asks questions and interacts with them by name as if it's more of a bible study.  In the clip I'm watching, I'm about 17 minutes in and about 5 times now he's made some sort of derogatory and mean comment about people he's talked scripture with.   That's a very cheap style of preaching and make him look extremely "I'm better than you".   Has he had any formal theology training?  If not, he should.

He's in John MacArthur's theological seminary. This would be his second semester. 

As for no FB live this morning, I guess they didn't have time to figure out the logistics ahead of time? I missed being called "brethren" this morning . 😢

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'm glad you mentioned this. I noticed what I thought were a surprising number of snide, derogatory remarks in the snippets of his sermons that I've listened to, but I wondered whether it was just in my head, because who the heck would constantly say mean things in a sermon? Even if you were arrogant enough to want to do it, wouldn't you restrain yourself out of worry that it would put people off your message? 

But I guess he really does it, eh? Wasn't just my Duggar-negative imagination.

To my knowledge, I've never heard any preaching-by-cheap-shots before. Is this actually a thing? Something some people do as a deliberate practice? If so, I'm glad I've missed it.  

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 13

41 minutes ago, Absolom said:

At least he didn't skip another Sunday morning service.  😁

Showing up and/or giving a damn is for the little people, not for Fundie Royalty.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

JD looks like he’s expecting!

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

3 hours ago, louannems said:

I wonder if a bigger church was really needed. Those pews look only half full.  

And does that half-full church include the visiting Duggars? 

• Like 8

20 hours ago, Lunera said:

From his expression,  it looks like JB needs to find a restroom quickly.

• Laugh 2

On 2/11/2019 at 10:17 AM, Barb23 said:

From his expression,  it looks like JB needs to find a restroom quickly.

Someone needs to tell Austin it's trashy to wear baseball caps indoors. 

Look, there is actual tip money on the table. I hope it isn't singles. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

43 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Someone needs to tell Austin it's trashy to wear baseball caps indoors. 

Look, there is actual tip money on the table. I hope it isn't singles. 

Austin likes to wear baseball caps indoors & out.  I don't think he realizes there is proper hat etiquette.  

IIRC, he even left his (dirty) baseball cap on when he went in the OR when Giddyup was born. It looked like he pulled the hood of his OR garb over the cap.  

• Like 2
  • Laugh 8

wow, Jinger looks gorgeous here!!! For once, she looks the right age for Jeremy. Motherhood helped her grow out of her little girl looks, like it did for Jessa. Jing doesn't look like his teen sister anymore!

Edited by Christina87
  • Like 5

Jinger's head looks photoshopped in the Valentine's photo. Too big and a bit blurry. It looks like a Lifetime steal-the-husband photo.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 11
  • Laugh 6

3 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Is she 12? All the emojis make it seem as if she is mentally a tween.

😂👨👩👶🤣😏

• Like 3
  • Laugh 6

15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jinrer's head looks photoshopped in the Valentine's photo. Too big and a bit blurry. It looks like a Lifetime steal-the-husband photo.

It really does! The other photo, with Jeremy and Felicity, is much better. 

• Like 1

Jinger head does make her look like a bubble head. And of course too long hair covering the boobs. 

Not a fan of the pic.

• Like 7