Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

At that time, he was just shown as one of Bin's friends.. I don't recall, but I'm pretty sure they weren't introduced to us on the show. I guess we'll have to have a look out for new faces on the new season to see what other potential courtships are being hidden from us, shall we?

• Love 3
(edited)

IS that really Jer in the supermarket photo? He looks to be at least 35yrs old.  Maybe it's Bin's stupid backward hat but Jer looks like he could be Bin's father.

Edited by lulu69
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

IS that really Jer in the supermarket photo? He looks to be at least 35yrs old.  Maybe it's Bin's stupid backward hat but Jer looks like he could be Bin's father.

I love how he's looking at Ben like he's an idiot. 

• Love 10
47 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

At that time, he was just shown as one of Bin's friends.. I don't recall, but I'm pretty sure they weren't introduced to us on the show. I guess we'll have to have a look out for new faces on the new season to see what other potential courtships are being hidden from us, shall we?

Yes, we'll have to be on our toes. Remember we noticed Derelict in a Duggar group photo before he was "introduced" to us.  They were standing in front of the Stink Bus & he was next to Jill.  Looking back on Counting On,  how many times did Jinger roll her eyes,  make side eyes or laugh when she & others were continually asked about any possible courtships when they already knew she was courting Jer? 

Oh I hope they filmed Jer asking Jin to court & the prerequisite him asking Boob's permission.   Does anyone know any of the specifics?  Was it held once again in the Duggar Office like Benessa's was with Boob & MEchelle looking on?  Did Jinger cook fajitas for the Courting Dinner & did the Duggar men take Jer outside & put him to work cutting & grinding up tree branches to prove he's worthy of Jin? Oh the questions......don't deny us TLC !

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Shouldn't Jeremy be playing with kids his own age? He reminds me of that loser we all have in our hometown who's like 26 and still goes to high school parties.

Bitter Apple, you're evil! I love you!

• Love 5
(edited)
33 minutes ago, louannems said:

I can't imagine any 26 YO man who would go to a baby shower!So this Jeremy was with the Duggar guys shopping for baby food for Jessa's baby shower?counting_on.png.d0ce06c5ce9d069efcbead95

They would if they were trying to hook up with a Duggarette.  

The timeline is really tight if Jeremy met Bin and Jessa after they were already married. They were hitched on Nov 1, 2014.  The story is that Jeremy and Jinger have known each other since May, 2015, correct?  So they (Bin and Jessa) met Jeremy sometime in the six months between the wedding and May.  And didn't Jinger say that they went on a mission trip together, and that's where she developed her interest?  So if I have all of the facts right, in six months Bin and Jessa met Jeremy, became besties, introduced him to Jinger and they went on a mission trip where she fell for him. 

While theoretically it COULD happen, that's tight even by Duggar standards.  So either B, J and Jer met before B&J were married, or we are being given a fictional timeline.  

Edited by Lady Edith
Because I got all kerfuddled with the dates.
  • Love 2

From what they've said, if true, Jeremy met Ben and Jessa sometime between November 1, 2014, and May, 2015.  He met Jinger in May, 2015.  They went on a mission trip December, 2015, which could have been the one she's talking about where they developed an interest.  Then in June, 2016, they announced a courtship.  They're taking longer than Jill and Derick at least.  That is, of course, unless the Duggars are fudging things which we know they and TLC do at times.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Absolom said:

From what they've said, if true, Jeremy met Ben and Jessa sometime between November 1, 2014, and May, 2015.  He met Jinger in May, 2015.  They went on a mission trip December, 2015, which could have been the one she's talking about where they developed an interest.  Then in June, 2016, they announced a courtship.  They're taking longer than Jill and Derick at least.  That is, of course, unless the Duggars are fudging things which we know they and TLC do at times.

So in six months they grew a long distance friendship to the point that they wanted to introduce Jinger to him?  I think the dates are being fudged.  

Yeah, Jeremy was around for Jason's 15th birthday, or thereabouts. His birthday is in late April and usually celebrated at Big Sandy. It's hard to tell where they filmed that awful "tribute" to Jason this year for his 16th, but he does indicate that he was there last year. 

So, unless they delayed Jason's drippy birthday sundae for 10 days or so, Jeremy was chummy with the Duggars even BEFORE May '15. Or at least SOME Duggars. I suppose it's possible that Jeremy only dealt with the boys at first, since Ben probably took him around the Duggar properties as he did construction and scrubbed toilets with the other Howlers during the course of a "workday." I guess it's possible that they really didn't cross paths until May, but unlikely. 

That said, I doubt they had much, if anything, to say to each other until that SOS missioncation last December. It seems like Jeremy bode his time and struck when he saw an opening (sorry for the soccer metaphors). :D

• Love 2

I see it pretty much that way that they use introduced in the traditional sense of we introduced him to the family.  Jinger happened to meet him in about May, 2015.  Maybe it was April and they aren't being very accurate.  Not a shock.

• Love 1

After Josiah a Marjorie crashed and burned, Marjorie was too young and it was wise not to proceed.  I think Boob wanted to be sure they were going forward, also I think Jinger and Jeremy deserved a bit of privacy rather than a whole courtship playing out in front of the camera and the pressure. Once it was a done deal, we're just waiting for the engagement and wedding prep. 

We criticize the Duggars for putting it all out there and then for being coy and sneaky. We can't have it both ways.

• Love 9

Oh, I totally agree that this has been going on for a while, and Boob wasn't about to announce it until he had assurances that it was going to end up with a wedding. That's why I'm on the "they're already engaged" speculation bus. 

• Love 8

Most churches - especially those trying to cater to hipster evangelicals - have a few people just like Jeremy, who are way too old for youth group, but still hanging on.

Theyre usually single or too young for 'adult' over 40 ministries, or they're desperately grasping to their former glory days.

A few genuinely want to mentor high schoolers. Most are just immature and the only people they can impress are high school kids, so they cling to 'youth ministry' as long as possible. Most move on when they actually have toddlers old enough to participate in preK Sunday school, etc. 

• Love 9
22 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Also - what kind of dirt does Jana have on them that they've left her alone and not forced her into anything? There aren't any more tinies at home that need 24/7 parenting, and Joy has taken over a lot of the homeschooling, etc.

I thnk it's a combo of the dirt Janarella has on her parents and the dirt she has on a certain cult leader.

No, Bill Gothard, I haven't forgotten the numerous trips to "Journey of the Heart", during which Jana was a "leader". 

• Love 15

Jer's arrest report

God help Jing if he ever has another drink*. Or gets angry, or stops caring about 'accountability'. This isn't necessarily a reason not to marry him, but imagine if this guy was THE ONLY guy you were even ALLOWED to pursue. *shudder*

*How long can a man who's been in the world live under King James Robert's rule before he cracks up and has a beer? A week? Six months? A year? Being an in-law is not the same a being a family friend.

• Love 8

Haha, this is the first time I've seen the actual report, but people were right when they speculated that Jeremy's "past" was one night in the drunk tank. We know he was all cleaned up by 2010, which is when he was at Syracuse and a noted member of the Fellowship for Christian Athletes. 

Given the details of his arrest, I don't know that I'd even want to hang out with the guy when he's sober, although I've seen kind, decent people turn into angry drunks. Something about him just screams ASSHOLE to me, though. MMV.

• Love 7
(edited)

I'm surprised they didn't charge him with underage drinking too.  He didn't turn 21 until September 2008.  It says his BAC was 0.13%, well over the limit.

Edited by scriggle
to put the decimal in the correct space.
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Hmm, so Jeremy was an angry drunk. I have a feeling he'd get along great with DUI Dill.

FAMY is probably already advising Jinger on the bar accoutrements she'll need to include on her registry!

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

FAMY is probably already advising Jinger on the bar accoutrements she'll need to include on her registry!

But unlike Dill, Jeremy went back to full-tilt fundie mode, from the Christian Athlete club or whatever it was, to his current job as preacher in a branch church in Laredo. I totally doubt he drinks alcohol or would have it in the house.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

But unlike Dill, Jeremy went back to full-tilt fundie mode, from the Christian Athlete club or whatever it was, to his current job as preacher in a branch church in Laredo. I totally doubt he drinks alcohol or would have it in the house.

Jeremy could have accidentally overdone it. One of my best friends is a preacher's kid and since he grew up that way, he doesn't drink much, but when he does have any at all, he has the alcohol tolerance of a newt.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Jer's arrest report

God help Jing if he ever has another drink*. Or gets angry, or stops caring about 'accountability'. This isn't necessarily a reason not to marry him, but imagine if this guy was THE ONLY guy you were even ALLOWED to pursue. *shudder*

*How long can a man who's been in the world live under King James Robert's rule before he cracks up and has a beer? A week? Six months? A year? Being an in-law is not the same a being a family friend.

Well, he didn't kill JonBenét!

• Love 3

Whether he misjudged how it affect him or not (and considering that he admits to having started drinking in high school, I would think he'd have know by then), it does seem as though there may be an undercurrent capable of violence there. He just doesn't seem to have a lot of joy in him in general. Granted, we have seen little of him outside of preacher mode, but at least that side of him is so steeped in self-loathing that I'm not sure there's that much more in his life which would counteract that feeling. Maybe it's all part of keeping a tight rein on himself for fear of losing control, which is commendable, but if that dark side of him is so close to the surface that he feels the need sequester himself behind walls of scripture, that makes me very nervous about him. Who knows when that wall might crumble?

I just can't imagine living in such a self-imposed hell of thinking you are a filthy, degenerate sinner without that becoming at least a bit self fulfilling. His face has no inner light.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Whether he misjudged how it affect him or not (and considering that he admits to having started drinking in high school, I would think he'd have know by then), it does seem as though there may be an undercurrent capable of violence there. He just doesn't seem to have a lot of joy in him in general. Granted, we have seen little of him outside of preacher mode, but at least that side of him is so steeped in self-loathing that I'm not sure there's that much more in his life which would counteract that feeling. Maybe it's all part of keeping a tight rein on himself for fear of losing control, which is commendable, but if that dark side of him is so close to the surface that he feels the need sequester himself behind walls of scripture, that makes me very nervous about him. Who knows when that wall might crumble?

I just can't imagine living in such a self-imposed hell of thinking you are a filthy, degenerate sinner without that becoming at least a bit self fulfilling. His face has no inner light.

Prerequisite for Calvinism. No wonder he and Ben hit it off. Talk about two absolute drags on any party. Would YOU like to be fellowshipping with these guys and backed into a corner only to be told that you're going to hell? 

• Love 8
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Prerequisite for Calvinism. No wonder he and Ben hit it off. Talk about two absolute drags on any party. Would YOU like to be fellowshipping with these guys and backed into a corner only to be told that you're going to hell? 

Jeremy is even creepier than Ben about it, though...Maybe because Ben IS a bit dopey and self-righteous; you get the feeling that even though he might believe those things, he also comes across a bit distanced from them. Not exactly as though he thinks he has overcome - he still considers himself a sinner, but more in a theoretical sense. Jeremy just absolutely writhes with it.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
because my keyboard loves dropping letters
  • Love 6

Did you see what appears to have been a final project for Bible College? The one where Ben preaches in the bowtie he got married in? It's painful, but he's still an arrogant little shit. Jeremy just has more polish, which only comes from experience. Ben hasn't really been preaching on his own for long; most of his videos are interviews with other like-minded people, but don't really express what HE thinks, aside from the leading questions. 

There are some pictures of him from his soccer career when he looked a lot better. Now, he has fundiefied hair, slicked down and completed with a side part. Not cute. And I typically like tall and dark Italian guys. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Would YOU like to be fellowshipping with these guys and backed into a corner only to be told that you're going to hell? 

I think I'd be tempted to roofie their Kool-aid to get them to lighten the hell up. If Anger Management Jeremy and Derpy Bin want to hit the big time as preachers, they better learn their audience. The "nothing is ever your fault, God wants you to be happy/rich/successful" message is much more appealing (and lucrative) than fire and brimstone. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Ha! Well, he would have been nine at the time, and we know he was already a degenerate sinner by five, so who knows?

Well, some people think JonBenet's brother harmed her. No, seriously. I think he was 10 at the time. 

How did we get so grim in this thread??

Topic! I keep being amazed at people who cling so desperately to Horrible Boyfriend God. Very glad I was raised in a church where they stressed God's love. Jeremy, gimme a call and I'll hook you up. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Well, some people think JonBenet's brother harmed her. No, seriously. I think he was 10 at the time. 

How did we get so grim in this thread??

Topic! I keep being amazed at people who cling so desperately to Horrible Boyfriend God. Very glad I was raised in a church where they stressed God's love. Jeremy, gimme a call and I'll hook you up. 

JonBenét is on the cover of the latest InTouch. Click on JoanArc's link and you'll see it. 

• Love 2

I'm feeling super sad for Jinger right about now. Is this the BEST that God could have done for her? These girls are told to wait for the one but is he really what she wants or is she being forced by everyone around her because she feels like damaged goods!? UGH it really tugs at my heartstrings that these poor girls have NO choice. None. They have to be one and done. I hope she is truly happy with what God has put in front of her. I don't see her being able to say NO I'm not going to marry him because Boob has $$$$$$ in his head.

• Love 5

As an ex IFB, i think Jinger got the short end of the stick. A (likely) non virgin with a tattoo and an arrest record?  

Those guys make good fire and brimstone preachers but that is NOT a Fundie princess dream. Jinger would want someone pure and she got this mess? All that talk about giving away your heart that was burned into her brain.  Now what?  She only gets half of his heart? Which woman or women have the other half? How does Jinger process this?   Humiliating and upsetting to a Fund girl. 

He is on the freaking tabloids with his arrest record...certainly not the thing you want splashed on headlines about your newly announced boyfriend. It was enough with that Josh mess.  Now the Holy Goalie is a problem too?   .

Jinger has been through a lot this year with that vile Josh...she looks frail and fragile.  Instead of getting a Prince Charming, she got some Fund reject guy who recycled himself. 

I feel bad for Jinger.  She hasn't looked happy lately and now we know why.   This is a Jim Bob strategy not a relationship. 

(just to clarify, i don't care about the tattoos or who is a virgin. But Jinger certainly does and so does her entire world)

• Love 19

Do they consider jinger 'pure' if she was the one who received most of Josh's 'attention', and was there more than they've revealed. I hate him.

Any sane person would never blame a child victim, but these people are not sane.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Do they consider jinger 'pure' if she was the one who received most of Josh's 'attention', and was there more than they've revealed. I hate him.

Any sane person would never blame a child victim, but these people are not sane.

I have never heard that issue come up in any church or teaching so I can't say with certainty. I also did not grow up with anything like Gothard. There is IFB and then there is freak show Gothard level crazy. 

But jessa and Jill snagged pure guys. granted, that was before everyone knew about josh. But I feel like Jinger is disgraced or less than in her world. Add in the arrest and the tattoo? 

Can you hear Jessa saying "so, what's it like having hey, hey, hey with a guy who has given away pieces of his heart?" . Well, at least Jinger will have Anna to help answer that question. 

• Love 2