Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Chuck's looks like Spurgeon.

But the name under Jer's is too short for Wilberforce....pic doesn't have Wilberforce's hair either, as far as I can tell. 

Yeah, I can't make out the name on Jeremy's mug, but his father's says 'Charles' and that is Spurgeon's hairline and beard.  Wilberforce' first name was William and the name on the other mug is much shorter.  The cartoon on the mug also doesn't look like the guy has a wig and/or ponytail which is historically the way Wilberforce wore his hair.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I thought I was reading Chuck's eulogy except for the last two paragraphs.

His line "As a young boy, I stood beside him as he tenderly loved my mother" gave me a whole different picture than the one he was trying to get across. Am I the only one who interpreted it this way? 

I got the same picture you did. 

My thought was -- Jer, you need to work more on your writing!  (of course I'll enjoy things more if he doesn't

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

His line "As a young boy, I stood beside him as he tenderly loved my mother" gave me a whole different picture than the one he was trying to get across. Am I the only one who interpreted it this way? 

No! For a second I was like "Gross, he was watching his parents have sex". LOL.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Ew, yeah, maybe rethink your wording there, Jer. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Barb23 said:

His line "As a young boy, I stood beside him as he tenderly loved my mother" gave me a whole different picture than the one he was trying to get across.

Yeah, me too!

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Me three...I was going to comment on it, but I see that it's been more than covered already. We lot seem to have some pretty filthy minds! LOL

I think it's more that Jer's an....um...unaware writer? i.e., he hasn't read widely enough in stuff that isn't posted on social media to recognize the old-fashioned cliche he used when he used it! 

Doesn't suggest to me that he's nearly as familiar with the language of those antiquated books he's always being photographed with as he wants us to think....

Or that he's deft enough writer, period, to realize that -- when you say you "stood next to someone" while they did something -- you're saying that that person performed some individual action, probably a physical, visible one, at a certain time....No wonder his sermons are so awkward. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 19

Chuck Vuolo's mug says Charles and is clearly a picture of Charles Spurgeon. Jeremy's says  Susie and is a picture of Susanna "Susie" Spurgeon with her hair up as she did it. I found this through the power of Google. These mugs come with a book about Susie. That answers that. 

JB favors his mother. 

• Love 11

What Jeremy wrote about his dad sounded very heartfelt.  I can't think of a single actual Duggar male or other adjacent that could come close to expressing that kind of admiration for a parent. 

My dad's been gone almost 3 years, and I'd do anything to be able to express to him how much I admired & loved him.   

Posts like that really illustrate to me the emotional maturity and educational gaps between Baaaaabe and his wife's family.  

• Love 23

Joshley must be off to Alert in that kid group pic up there.  I can't look at those older girls without wanting to puke in Joshley's honor.

The little Jboys were adorable. The Jgirls were going through super-gawky. Now it's reversed....interesting.

Amy was the cutest Duggar grandkid, by a mile. She probably positioned herself in front of the heart so she'd be noticed.

Edited by drafan
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, bythelake said:

Guilt?

More like $$$$ opportunity. The more you post on SM the more potential followers to your IG /blog ( which in turn more $$$ from advertisements )

I read a really interesting article on someone who tried to become a Instagram influencer. You really do have to post a ton and work your hashtags. I do think the duggars are feeling some sort of financial strain. Jill actually just posted a coherent blog post, with an edible recipe and nice picture. Jana suddenly has an instagram account. hm.

• Love 13
On 2/3/2019 at 10:50 AM, Barb23 said:

Nope. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Since everyone is wearing jackets in the picture above I can only surmise that whichever House they are all gathered in isn’t heated or the thermostat is set very low in truly cheap Dugger fashion.

They are in a restaurant. There's menu cards and money on the table. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

I'm guessing Abbie's pregnant.

I'm also wondering how much longer Jinger and Jeremy are going to last in Laredo. Jeremy's pretty much given up the ghost of pretending to be lead pastor at GCC and they're gone every weekend. It wouldn't surprise me if we get a big announcement in the near future that God "called" Jeremy to more glamorous pastures. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

The Vuolos are in Arkansas. So, what's the big announcement this time?

That picture was taken in Laredo. The littles and the bros stayed in Arkansas while JB, Michelle and Jana went to Texas along with the couples (Seewalds, Forsyths and Duggars)

2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I'm guessing Abbie's pregnant.

I'm also wondering how much longer Jinger and Jeremy are going to last in Laredo. Jeremy's pretty much given up the ghost of pretending to be lead pastor at GCC and they're gone every weekend. It wouldn't surprise me if we get a big announcement in the near future that God "called" Jeremy to more glamorous pastures. 

Jer can't leave yet...He's still making his website. 

I looked on the "Ministries" page and here's the text: 

"Youth ministry

"Could put some information about any youth groups he has here, time, dates, descriptions, etc. I think it would be good to have a call out for these if he has any though – just so people know they are happening.

"Spanish Services

"Could put some information about the Spanish services he has here, time, dates, descriptions, etc. I think it would be good to have a call out for these if he has any though – just so people know they are happening.

"Small groups

"Could put some information about any youth small groups or bible studies he has here, time, dates, descriptions, etc. I think it would be good to have a call out for these if he has any though – just so people know they are happening."

Rule one for websites: Don't make the page live until you've written something on it. 

There's some kind of work-in-progress thing going on here, apparently.  ;  )

The virus strikes again. Never underestimate how much like Duggars the people who marry Duggars can be. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 16
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

I don’t know he context of this photo but it sure looks like Abbie and JD? Joe? Just announced they were having a baby. 

Given that Abbie and JD are front and center, I feel like it has something to do with them too. 

• Love 5

The fact that everyone went to Laredo instead of convening in Arkansas makes me think the Duggars are just in town for the grand opening of Jeremy’s new church. It’s possible that JD and Abbie also announced a pregnancy, but I doubt that was the main reason for the gathering.

• Love 10

Jinger is looking kinda scary skinny in that photo...her head is getting that "too big for her body" look. Maybe nursing is taking it all out of her. My daughter ended up losing more weight than she ever planned on lately, trying to keep up nursing for as long as she can, though after 10 months her body seems to think she should be moving on. She's also getting some blood work to see if maybe her thyroid is acting up. I hope that Jinger is getting some decent medical care. 

• Love 4

I decided to finally listen to some of the Holy Goalie's preaching.  OMG what a hot mess.  It's like he's trying to mimic various well known preachers when he really should be going for his own style.  He's very hard to follow.  He needs to stop with the "Does that make sense?" every minute.  Also, it seems that the congregation is so minimal that he asks questions and interacts with them by name as if it's more of a bible study.  In the clip I'm watching, I'm about 17 minutes in and about 5 times now he's made some sort of derogatory and mean comment about people he's talked scripture with.   That's a very cheap style of preaching and make him look extremely "I'm better than you".   Has he had any formal theology training?  If not, he should.

Edited by BigBingerBro
  • Useful 3
  • Love 10
29 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I decided to finally listen to some of the Holy Goalie's preaching.  OMG what a hot mess.  It's like he's trying to mimic various well known preachers when he really should be going for his own style.  He's very hard to follow.  He needs to stop with the "Does that make sense?" every minute.  Also, it seems that the congregation is so minimal that he asks questions and interacts with them by name as if it's more of a bible study.  In the clip I'm watching, I'm about 17 minutes in and about 5 times now he's made some sort of derogatory and mean comment about people he's talked scripture with.   That's a very cheap style of preaching and make him look extremely "I'm better than you".   Has he had any formal theology training?  If not, he should.

He's in John MacArthur's theological seminary. This would be his second semester. 

As for no FB live this morning, I guess they didn't have time to figure out the logistics ahead of time? I missed being called "brethren" this morning . 😢

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3