Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

13 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Jeremy's spirit animal:

bs.gif

I'll take Derek Zoolander dumb, precious. little cinnamon roll over Jeremy and day.   

• Like 23

I think Jeremy looks hot.  That style of sunglasses is perfect for his face.  And I like the color of his sweater.  

I don't see her shilling Skillshare as a cash grab.  For me, a grab implies you get nothing for your swipe.  Knowledge/Information/Education of any kind has some value to me, so I'll actually check out Skillshare & see if anything interests me.

YMMV.   

• Like 5

Jeremy may look the best when it comes the Duggar men, but his attitude and personality leaves a lot to be desired.

Edited by bigskygirl

I like the color of his sweater also.  That's all.  He is way too into himself for my taste.  Jin can keep her metrosexual baaaaabe.

• Like 17

4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Jeremy may look the best when it comes the Duggar men, but his attitude and personality leaves a lot to be desired.

Personally on looks, I'd go with Bin.  I just can't take JereME's smarmy self and I honestly don't find him very attractive.

1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

Much less, the meltdown Jinger and baaaabe will have. Everything might not look so perfect anymore.

You mean the fountain pens and Harvard sweatshirts could come to and end????  Say it ain't so!!!  Poor, poor JereME and Jingle.

• Like 20

11 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Jeremy married Jinger as if he were adding an accessory to his outfit.

And the baby is his newest prop.

It’s like a guy who walks his dog for the purpose of meeting girls. Because ya know if a guy loves dogs,(and babies)’ he must be a great guy.

• Like 24

2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I agree with you. I also think the Forsyths have the potential to be happiest after the show ends. They seem realistic about marriage, and aren't pretending that everything is soooo perfect and fun all the time. It seems like they realized early on it was going to be a big adjustment, and worked through those issues. Also, Austin is willing to put in the work, and joy never has to worry about where her next meal will come from. Also, joy seems rather easy to please, so she won't expect a lavish lifestyle. Plus she isn't in love with her social media presence  

Compare that to the rest, who have never had to work hard as adults, and have mainly vanity jobs that wouldn't pay the bills otherwise. Can you imagine how Jessa will feel if Bin can't keep her up in style? Much less, the meltdown Jinger and baaaabe will have. Everything might not look so perfect anymore. They will have a fit when they're wearing thrift store dresses again, and their social media followers are dropping like flies. For joy and Austin, though, life will just continue on when the show is cancelled. 

The funny thing is, I suspect that Jeremy would have a bigger meltdown than Jinger.

• Like 23

3 hours ago, bythelake said:

Something is going on with this bunch because they’re all scrambling to make grift money by endorsing products. Jill’s recipes, Joy’s diet supplement, Jinger’s clothes,hats for the baby, all with product info.,and lastly,Jana’s

SM.

Maybe,TLC told JB that the amount given to him for the show would be the same, but has to be spread to include the other newer cast members.This would significantly dilute each couples share. Maybe JB finally realizes that the money won’t last forever, and wants the lazy asses to do something on their own. Either way, they’re all out there hawking their products for Jesus.

Like him or hate him, as I’ve said before, Austin is the only one married to a Duggar who has real job that isn’t tied to JB in some way, He seems to be a hard worker, and has another house ready to flip.

The Forsyths may be the only ones able to survive financially when the show goes down the drain.

I still think JB has something up his sleeve because unlike his children, he’s not lazy about finding ways to get the almighty dollar.

I have to agree about Austin. He doesn't seem to be afraid of hard work and neither does Joy. His job isn't tied into JB or TLC. He isn't studying to be a minister or something he isn't suited for like Derick and the law. 

I also wonder maybe TLC is giving them a pay cut. Not as popular as before, same old same old..... less money more mouths "to feed" and support, time to not only earn their keep but trigger a renewed interest in the Duggar brand. 

• Like 18

5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Since I don't know a single one of them personally, I'm VERY shallow & do go strictly by looks.  ;-)  

And since Felicity is my favorite of any and all individuals within the Duggarverse, I'll just adore her cute pics.....*LOL*

And I don't see Jing & Baaaaabe as dependent on Jim Bob & Michelle for anything.  They have a huge network outside her family.  Austin & Joy aren't the only ones. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Like 9

23 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Since I don't know a single one of them personally, I'm VERY shallow & do go strictly by looks.  ;-)  

And since Felicity is my favorite of any and all individuals within the Duggarverse, I'll just adore her cute pics.....*LOL*

And I don't see Jing & Baaaaabe as dependent on Jim Bob & Michelle for anything.  They have a huge network outside her family.  Austin & Joy aren't the only ones. 

As long as Jing and Baaaaabe are on the show and are part of the dog and pony show, they are dependent on Jim Bob and Michelle for their five minutes of famewhoring and hitching up to the TLC money train. He probably would not be interested at all in Jinger if her last name was not Duggar and her infamous family were not hooked to TLC and famous in their religious circle.

6 hours ago, Madtown said:

These are cute photos. I think babies are at their cutest 7-10months of age. They are chubby, can sit up and move their limbs, but still squishy and want to be held. 

• Like 18

43 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Without the Duggars Jeremy would be nothing.

• Like 20

1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I have to agree about Austin. He doesn't seem to be afraid of hard work and neither does Joy. His job isn't tied into JB or TLC. He isn't studying to be a minister or something he isn't suited for like Derick and the law. 

I also wonder maybe TLC is giving them a pay cut. Not as popular as before, same old same old..... less money more mouths "to feed" and support, time to not only earn their keep but trigger a renewed interest in the Duggar brand. 

1 million to 1.3 million viewers on cable is nothing to sneeze at but they may not be attracting enough advertiser dollars. I haven't watched Counting On on actual TV. Are there still advertisements outside of TLC adverts?

The hustling reminds me of Pimp Mama Kris and getting Kendall to shill for Proactiv. Gotta get that $$$ somehow.

• Like 13

28 minutes ago, debster1 said:

Sadly, I still think he loves her more than anyone else in her life ever has. 

He is the first guy outside the family to give her the time of day. She is thriving a little more because he shows he cares for her especially since her own brother molested her, and daddy did nothing to protect her. Makes me angry and sad for her. I still think Jeremy is a creep who is over obsessed about himself and is using his in-laws to further his own agenda, but at least he treats her better than her idiot father and brother ever did.

Edited by bigskygirl

6 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

He is the first guy outside the family to give her the time of day. She is thriving a little more because he shows he cares for her especially since her own brother molested her, and daddy did nothing to protect her. Makes me angry and sad for her. I still think Jeremy is a creep who is over obsessed about himself and is using his in-laws to further his own agenda, but at least he treats her better than her idiot father and brother ever did.

Unfortunately, it’s a low bar...

• Like 16

1 hour ago, leighdear said:

I disagree. Even if they aren't dependent on them for money, they are dependent on the Duggar fame.

• Like 20

2 hours ago, Madtown said:

Is this the first time she's posted a photo of Felicity without some type of headwear??

• Like 12

32 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I disagree. Even if they aren't dependent on them for money, they are dependent on the Duggar fame.

That is the opinion of many, but nowhere proven as fact.  Agree to disagree on this.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, leighdear said:

That is the opinion of many, but nowhere proven as fact.  Agree to disagree on this.  

If they are still on the show and are willing to take money to be on the show, they are riding on the Duggar fame train. I bet dollars to donuts Jeremy would not be on the show period if he did not get some money and his five minutes of fame out of it.

1 hour ago, allonsyalice said:

Is this the first time she's posted a photo of Felicity without some type of headwear??

There have been some others, but not many.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

All of their attitudes, personalities, plus their abhorrent beliefs leave a lot to be desired!!

• Like 14

9 hours ago, bythelake said:

Something is going on with this bunch because they’re all scrambling to make grift money by endorsing products. Jill’s recipes, Joy’s diet supplement, Jinger’s clothes,hats for the baby, all with product info.,and lastly,Jana’s SM.

Maybe,TLC told JB that the amount given to him for the show would be the same, but has to be spread to include the other newer cast members.This would significantly dilute each couples share. Maybe JB finally realizes that the money won’t last forever, and wants the lazy asses to do something on their own. Either way, they’re all out there hawking their products for Jesus.

Maybe TLC informed them there will be fewer episodes this season.  Normally, there's around 10, but maybe they were cut down to 6 or 8.  That would get Jim Bob panicky. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

While I understand and agree that without TLC Jeremy's and Jinger's life will change drastically, in truth anyone could lose their job at anytime and Jeremy has already experienced this. Jeremy was almost 30 when he met Jinger and he had managed to scrape by.

Jeremy seems to think he's pretty, thinks has good taste and likes the spotlight, but he also has real friends and appears close to his family. He certainly doesn't appear to me to be anyone I would chose to hang with, but I do think Jeremy is closer to a well rounded person than any Duggar.

I'm thinking Jeremy is using the Duggar fame name more successfully than anyone other than JB. Under the circumstances that's not necessarily a bad thing if you can get past a preacher who seems to love material things so much. But then again there's been many preachers before him that have loved mansions, planes and vacation homes much more than their congregations.  

I'm still waiting and watching to see what happens next.

You realize what an extremely low bar this is, right? ;  )

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 17

She's so winsome... and look, hair!! 

It does seem to be doing the same thing as Jeremy's, but hopefully hers runs in reverse and fills up. ;)

• Like 6

6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

While I understand and agree that without TLC Jeremy's and Jinger's life will change drastically, in truth anyone could lose their job at anytime and Jeremy has already experienced this. Jeremy was almost 30 when he met Jinger and he had managed to scrape by.

Jeremy seems to think he's pretty, thinks has good taste and likes the spotlight, but he also has real friends and appears close to his family. He certainly doesn't appear to me to be anyone I would chose to hang with, but I do think Jeremy is closer to a well rounded person than any Duggar.

I'm thinking Jeremy is using the Duggar fame name more successfully than anyone other than JB. Under the circumstances that's not necessarily a bad thing if you can get past a preacher who seems to love material things so much. But then again there's been many preachers before him that have loved mansions, planes and vacation homes much more than their congregations.  

I'm still waiting and watching to see what happens next.

I agree that he's a more well-rounded person, and he has had to start from scratch again, but he wasn't maintaining much of a lifestyle then. He was living in an apartment with bars on the windows, and I don't see him willingly going back to that. I wonder what will happen when the show ends, and he realizes he has a mortgage payment plus more members of the family than he had before. Is he going to survive? Yes. Can he keep up the same standard of living? I doubt it!

• Like 13

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 9:28 PM, BitterApple said:

Jeremy's spirit animal:

bs.gif

Just wait until he brings out Blue Steel. Jeremy will be UNSTOPPABLE!

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, LilJen said:

Just wait until he brings out Blue Steel. Jeremy will be UNSTOPPABLE!

It'd be a great look for the pulpit. 

His sermons definitely need a better cold open. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

That's just it.  Yes, Jeremy has lived with less, but that was before he had two other people to support, before he got a taste of the good life; traveling all over the country, being a minor reality TV celeb, wearing nice clothes from upscale stores.  I don't see him adjusting well to having less money and attention.  He is never going to be satisfied with life at a lower level of comfort and he has a wife with no education who has been raised to believe that she cannot work outside their home.  Once the show is gone, their ancillary sources of income like freebies from fans, invites to various conferences and followers on their websites is going to dwindle pretty quickly.  I don't think that Jeremy has either the talent, charisma or work ethic to be a successful preacher on a large scale which is the only way his chosen career could keep him in Brooks Brothers and Starbucks.

Jeremy is not the one bringing in the money. Jinger is bringing in the money because she is on the show because she is the Duggar, and he is just along for the ride because he married her.

19 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Right, but Jinger's ability to bring in money is tied to the TV show, when that ends, her earning power is going to end as her fans find another reality star to follow on Instagram.  She's got a substandard education and has been raised to believe that supporting the family is not her job.  Once the show fades from memory, it is going to be up to Jer to bring home the bacon and I doubt he can do it as well.  

It's ironic, because the show would be way more interesting if the money got cut off, but that won't happen until the show is over!

• Like 18

1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

It's ironic, because the show would be way more interesting if the money got cut off, but that won't happen until the show is over!

Well, they could all become volunteers in actuality like several of them have claimed to be (since the show is their "ministry" and all) and the world could watch. I'm sure TLC would be fine with that arrangement! 

• Like 13

6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

His sermons definitely need a better cold open. 

"Live from Laredo it's SUNDAY MOOOOOOOOOORNING!!!"

23 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

If they are still on the show and are willing to take money to be on the show, they are riding on the Duggar fame train. I bet dollars to donuts Jeremy would not be on the show period if he did not get some money and his five minutes of fame out of it.

We need the Derick Dullard rule. If a Duggar son-in-law is still appearing on the show and isn't making pointed comments at another TLC show on social media, they're still more than happy to be on the Duggar fame train.

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

It would also put some reality in "reality tv". 

• Like 7

Felicity is adorable.  She appears to be a happy baby.  Love her smile. 

With regards to the sons in-law, in my humble opinion, Ben is the most handsome and Jeremy a close second.  No not one of those goobers that Gil Bates calls his sons in-law comes close to those two.  Again, just my opinion. 

• Like 2

What’s with the pronoun shit?

”She is six months old.”

”She loves a good book and a cup of tea” or however that posed photo of Harvard shirt wifey was captioned...like “she” was reading up on astrophysics and string theory.

They both have names, Jer Dude. 

It’s just so...precious...and not in the good way.

• Like 5

I think the difference in the Duggar and Bates childrens' education experience is that Kelly has a real college degree. Michelle didn't give a care in high school and certainly gave less of a care after she met JIM BOB, her savior in shining armor. Her objective was to be done with school and GET MARRIED. She didn't care to retain any of her high school knowledge. You can't teach children when you don't know the material yourself. Her objective was to become lazy and stay that way.

• Like 20

22 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I think the difference in the Duggar and Bates childrens' education experience is that Kelly has a real college degree. Michelle didn't give a care in high school and certainly gave less of a care after she met JIM BOB, her savior in shining armor. Her objective was to be done with school and GET MARRIED. She didn't care to retain any of her high school knowledge. You can't teach children when you don't know the material yourself. Her objective was to become lazy and stay that way.

And she achieved her goal! I might even say she overachieved it! In light of that, I don't know what we're all complaining about! 

• Like 12

22 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I also think Kelly is/was able to lift the blinders here and there and see how the Gothard rules were effecting her children. Michelle never bothered to look or notice if the Gothard rules were impeding her children in any way.

• Like 9

Aethera

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.