Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

3 hours ago, Christina87 said:

His head looks like a deformed shape, like an amateur artist drawing his portrait for Art 101, making the forehead and nose too big and and squishing the whole lower part of the face. 

That haircut does him no favors. 

• Like 13

Ehhh... I'd rather see her playing with color and black and white than another pic of a 40 something who has given themselves a bunny face or mouse face or whatever the hell it is that has taken over the selfies I see all over my Facebook feed.

• Like 22

While Joy is pushing expensive diet meal plans, Jinger is on IG stories advertising an organic grocery delivery site.

Screenshot_20190114-183021_Instagram-720x1280.thumb.jpg.38d3cf81fcf86925ad5c98088a3a3141.jpgScreenshot_20190114-183046_Instagram-720x1280.thumb.jpg.b70fe4cf72058735f6c626959fbc672f.jpgScreenshot_20190114-182942_Instagram-720x1161.thumb.jpg.f01f90f62b8d1b08ca422d97579c889c.jpg

6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Is it just me or is that a kind of unflattering picture of Jer? 

I really hate his haircuts.

(I may have mentioned this before) 🙃

Screenshot_20190114-211533.jpg

• Like 9

46 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Did they take a pay cut?  The Counting On offspring are peddling like their livelihoods depend on it. 

Maybe TLC looked at the dearth of potential female-Duggarling nuptials on the horizon and suggested this next season-of-life could be their last. 

• Like 16

She needs layers on the top of her head. She’s getting the male Duggar hairline. 

I love that she’s doing clean eating though. I don’t care if it’s all just trendy Babe ... at least her family won’t look creepily pasty and unhealthy. 

• Like 11

6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Not just you. I don't think Felicity's picture is flattering of her either. His looks like a mug shot for a corporate criminal and hers looks like a ad for a prequel for the Exorcist. 

Yeah, the B&W doesn't suit Felicity as well, I think, especially not when you can take advantage of those big blue eyes...

2 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

She needs layers on the top of her head. She’s getting the male Duggar hairline. 

I love that she’s doing clean eating though. I don’t care if it’s all just trendy Babe ... at least her family won’t look creepily pasty and unhealthy. 

Or wear one of felicity’s bows lol

• Like 10

8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe TLC looked at the dearth of potential female-Duggarling nuptials on the horizon and suggested this next season-of-life could be their last. 

All it would take are decreased ratings. How did last season do?

Perhaps they found out they aren't getting that $16 Mil payday from their lawsuit that daddy promised, too.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

She looks confused and kind of deranged in these.

Maybe she's a little anxious. I wouldn't have thought "commercial spokesperson" was a role she'd naturally take to. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

But well get to see all the live births so there's that!

• Like 3

You never know with online reviews, of course, but it looks like Thrive Market has customer-service flaws the same way Joy's new enterprise does. 

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/thrivemarket.com

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/thrivemarket.com

"The free trial is a scam!" "They charged my credit card four times!" "Their prices are no better than my health-food store's or Amazon's!" "They charged me the $59.95 annual fee without telling me." "The coupon discounts are lies!" "They make canceling nearly impossible!" "Unethical company!" "Shipped me $100 worth of seafood with no dry ice!" "The fee is $60 a year but they still charge shipping for orders under $50!" Etc. (hundreds of etcs., in fact)

Sounds like it could be the kind of enterprise that depends on celeb backing because they know their own reputation is crappy.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 19

Is this the same Thrive that “what’s-her-name” on Sister Wives touts on her Instagram?

• Like 2

Actually, I've ordered from Thrive before (I didn't pay for membership, though--only did one of those free trial things) and found their selection and prices to be really good. As far as shilling goes, this pick isn't bad compared to some of the products/services that some of the other fundies hawk, I'd say. 

How much of a kickback does she get? Or is it just free prods?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, graefin said:

Actually, I've ordered from Thrive before (I didn't pay for membership, though--only did one of those free trial things) and found their selection and prices to be really good. As far as shilling goes, this pick isn't bad compared to some of the products/services that some of the other fundies hawk, I'd say. 

How much of a kickback does she get? Or is it just free prods?

Looks to me like their big problem is very spotty customer service. A few people online report what you do -- and of course those few represent a lot of people because few people actually write positive reviews. And then there are many many reviews that report they took the free trial but when they tried to cancel were told they could do it but got their credit cards charged for the annual fee anyway; tried to cancel a second year of the service and got charged anyway; started logging in from a new email address and found that they were then being charged TWO annual fees, etc. Seems like when it works it's fine, but they have a ton of customer-service glitches that hit random people hard. 

With a million followers, some of them probably quite devoted, looks like Jingle can do very well. 

"You can now earn commissions and make healthy living accessible to everyone. For every new customer who makes their first purchase, you'll receive $20 cash."

https://thrivemarket.com/affiliates

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

"You can now earn commissions and make healthy living accessible to everyone. For every new customer who makes their first purchase, you'll receive $20 cash."

Skating dangerously close to working outside the home to fund Jer's Brooks Borthers habit.

Edit: Someone ask Jing if she's donating the 20's,

Edited by JoanArc
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, ehall1052 said:

Is this the same Thrive that “what’s-her-name” on Sister Wives touts on her Instagram?

That’s “Strive”. (Janelle)

• Like 7

5 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Perhaps they found out they aren't getting that $16 Mil payday from their lawsuit that daddy promised, too.

Yeah, I suppose the gullible little dunderheads actually believed godly Daddy/Pops when he said that would work out. 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, JoanArc said:

All it would take are decreased ratings. How did last season do?

They're still pulling in anywhere from 1.1 to 1.3 million viewers an episode (from a quick google search). However with the addition of more and more adults to the show means a dilution of the $$$.

• Like 11

54 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

They're still pulling in anywhere from 1.1 to 1.3 million viewers an episode (from a quick google search). However with the addition of more and more adults to the show means a dilution of the $$$.

And as those adults produce more kids, the $$$s they're getting don't go as far. ... 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

And as those adults produce more kids, the $$$s they're getting don't go as far. ... 

And many of them are not working. 

• Like 13

23 hours ago, Madtown said:

Secretly giving the finger... :)

She's adorable, but I'm thinking quit putting shit on her head.  Can she go without the massive bows?  I'm not a fan of girl babies with anything like this on their heads because they're usually without hair and it is just (in my opinion),  not a good look.  

23 hours ago, Lunera said:

Not a fan of this hairstyle on men these days.

• Like 11

I don't mind the bow so much. I get wanting to "dress her up". My mom put bows on me all the time, not quite so big, but she did. Felicity if really a cute baby. 

• Like 3

At least she's reading.  And Jeremy clearly adores her.  I actually sort of liked his last picture despite the weird angle--I thought it made him look less rabbity.  He's got one of those jolie-laide faces:  he can look really good or really bad depending on the angle.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think Jinger reads, but this particular picture is a carefully crafted pose for Instagram.

That's their addiction. Someday they may have to go to Posers Anonymous. (Jer in particular)

• Like 21

As far as the pictures, I really dislike the one of Jer, but that mainly has to do with the way his mouth looks. Just way too big and flat and dry. An acre of barren lips.

The one of Felicity is pretty cute. I don't have a huge problem with the bow thing. Not my cuppa tea in particular, but it doesn't bother me either. Had to laugh regarding @Thorkim 's comment on girl babies and hair...You guys should see my granddaughter's crazy hair! She was born with a good amount, but for months all it ever wanted to do was to stick up in what I refer to as a "Woodstock" (from Peanuts) style. Then a bunch of it rubbed off in the back from sleeping on it, but the hair lower on her head, toward the nape, just kept growing, so right now (at 9 months old) she has a full-on mullet. The hair growing from the lower part of the back of her head is now reaching her shoulders - probably close to 3" long - we keep saying we should braid it into a rat-tail, but she won't keep still long enough - while everything else is about in inch or maybe just over. And it still sticks out at all angles! LOL

And I like the photo of Jinger...sure, it's a bit posed, but it feels as though this is the person she would like to become, and I think (or hope) that she will include actual reading to get there in real life.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, here's my feeling. I don't know what Jingle's doing in that picture, but I do know this. It is possible to turn on your reading/thinking brain at pretty much any point in life -- I've seen it happen with people way older than Jingle.

And you gotta start somewhere. So even if she's just looking at a book -- there's a way better chance that she'll see something that'll entice her to look at that book or other books further than there would be if she weren't looking at a book. So look at the book, Jingle. 

We have never seen J'chelle with a book; we've never heard her talk about a book; and I doubt that she's read anything more than a Gothard pamphlet in her entire adult life. Even if Jinger isn't reading that book, that photo shows that she's at least willing to give some thought to the idea that books are important. That puts her a million miles ahead of her parents.

• Like 24

I don’t want to look- is that actually an ad for the teapot?!  What was it he tagged in the post- @ csm-vintage? I hope I’m wrong. They’re all-ad, all the time now!  

• Like 6

I think Jchelle used to recommend the Pearl’s child abuse book.

1 minute ago, awaken said:

I don’t want to look- is that actually an ad for the teapot?!  What was it he tagged in the post- @ csm-vintage? I hope I’m wrong. They’re all-ad, all the time now!  

Particularly tacky for someone who purports to be a pastor.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, awaken said:

Scrolling through the comments, I found one from cfm vintage, thanking them for using the teapot.  So it was gifted?

2 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Hardback book. Do you think it was purchased or from the library? 

😂🤣😂😂😂🤣 I know the answer.

I think the book was gifted.  Someone in the comments made it sound that way to me.

• Like 5

Jeremy tagged the book in response to a poster who wanted to know what Jinger was reading.

• Like 2

Very calculated picture - Harvard sweatshirt, yellow mug, book and blanket accompanied by all the right words. And having the teapot in the living room while Jinger was drinking tea out of a huge mug was a dead give away that it was product placement.

They do have an eye for taking aesthetically pleasing photos though.

• Like 22

We need a spreadsheet to see how this new SM rush pans out. The Vuolos vs Jana and the Forsyths vs the Dillards.

• Like 11

On 1/14/2019 at 9:37 PM, Lunera said:

While Joy is pushing expensive diet meal plans, Jinger is on IG stories advertising an organic grocery delivery site.

Screenshot_20190114-183021_Instagram-720x1280.thumb.jpg.38d3cf81fcf86925ad5c98088a3a3141.jpgScreenshot_20190114-183046_Instagram-720x1280.thumb.jpg.b70fe4cf72058735f6c626959fbc672f.jpgScreenshot_20190114-182942_Instagram-720x1161.thumb.jpg.f01f90f62b8d1b08ca422d97579c889c.jpg

These people are nothing but takers and scammers. At least this is better than Joy's marketing 

• Like 18

7 minutes ago, Darknight said:

These people are nothing but takers and scammers. At least this is better than Joy's marketing 

And at least she admits that it's marketing, unlike her husband the preacher and his book contests. (although I guess the nature of this promotion doesn't give her any choice....still....much better than doing it by stealth...)

....And we always talk about none of the Duggarlings having been educated or trained for doing actual jobs....But in fact they've been trained and educated for their whole lives to stick their personal lives up on mass media and get money for it. So she's doing exactly what she's been trained for....Hopefully they'll all realize that their kids are very unlikely to be able to sell their personal lives for money and help them find other paths. Because I don't see "Duggar celebrity" lasting many more decades.... 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 19

6 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

And at least she admits that it's marketing, unlike her husband the preacher and his book contests. (although I guess the nature of this promotion doesn't give her any choice....still....much better than doing it by stealth...)

....And we always talk about none of the Duggarlings having been educated or trained for doing actual jobs....But in fact they've been trained and educated for their whole lives to stick their personal lives up on mass media and get money for it. So she's doing exactly what she's been trained for....Hopefully they'll all realize that their kids are very unlikely to be able to sell their personal lives for money and help them find other paths. Because I don't see "Duggar celebrity" lasting many more decades.... 

They could've capitalized on their TLC fame but chose not to. They stuck with we are too godly for everyone. Heck, even the Robertsons from Duck Dynasty crashed in. John and Kate did too. The Duggars just stuck with fundies. 

• Like 9

7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Very calculated picture - Harvard sweatshirt, yellow mug, book and blanket accompanied by all the right words. And having the teapot in the living room while Jinger was drinking tea out of a huge mug was a dead give away that it was product placement.

They do have an eye for taking aesthetically pleasing photos though.

I agree. I'd rather see Jingle in a chair reading with a cup of tea  than Jill reading in the bathroom while the boys were taking a bath in the tub.  

• Like 20

While I do agree that the Duggars (and Duggar Adjacents) are scammers, tagging or '@-ing' a company on Instagram doesn't necessarily mean that it was a paid for ad or that they were given that item for free. It can be done to draw more people to your photo/account, and then in turn get followers, or it can just be done to tell your followers what the item is. But it can also be done to try to get items from that company for free as you are showing them how many likes you can get/what your influence is. Social media is crazy and there aren't set rules for everything, except that if a photo is posted as an ad, it must now be stated as such. So on Instagram, the account must have "paid sponsorship with _____ " at the top under their name in the photo, and must have "#ad" before the cut off* in the photo caption. *Many users do the vertical ". . ." to hide the hashtags in their caption. But Instagram states that it has to be visible before that. 

So long story short, not everything that includes a tag is an ad nor does it mean they got it for free. It can mean that they want more stuff for free, or it can just be "this is what we use! be like us!". The Duggars are scammers, but they are using social media like I have seen other 20-somethings use it. Staged photos with companies tagged and all. 

Edited by HighHopes
  • Like 14