Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Normades said:

Jeremy is definitely not my type in the looks department but wow is he unattractive in that last picture!!!

Okay. Not just me then. 

ETA: On the plus side, I guess it does show that she really loves him, though. Because she must think he looks good in that pic. 

Unless a necktie is really odd or interesting, and/or unless you're creating an ad for the necktie, I don't think there's much point in making the tie the single spot of color in the photo. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12
16 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Okay. Not just me then. 

ETA: On the plus side, I guess it does show that she really loves him, though. Because she must think he looks good in that pic. 

Unless a necktie is really odd or interesting, and/or unless you're creating an ad for the necktie, I don't think there's much point in making the tie the single spot of color in the photo. 

Looks like she's just experimenting with photo editors. *shrug

• Love 12
59 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

They have to be at this point. You'd think that kid has a deformity on the top of her head with the amount of bows and hats she wears.

Felicity has truely amazing eyes.  But , really, all those bows and turbans and knots deflect from that.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, mimionthebeach said:

Looks like she's just experimenting with photo editors. *shrug

Sure. But she's also posting them for a million people. (literally) ...And she and her family have considered her a near-pro-quality photographer for many years now.

So I assume that if she had ones she thought were better, she'd post those.....

I love fiddling with editing photos, both digitally and in an old-fashioned darkroom. But I'm a little skeptical about her taste if those are the ones she chose to post for viewing by a million people... Since today you can generate literally hundreds of variations of a photo in next to no time.....That photo's supposed to be about her love for Jeremy. But in that picture, my eyes go right to the tie and stick there. Is that really the effect she wanted?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14
16 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Jinger tagged the tie, so it probably is an ad.

Screenshot_20190114-131557_Instagram-628x535.jpg.d52d6f7a9447312cf7600c7123423316.jpg

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Jinger tagged the tie, so it probably is an ad.

Screenshot_20190114-131557_Instagram-628x535.jpg.d52d6f7a9447312cf7600c7123423316.jpg

Yep. I looked at her caption and once I saw the thing about love I didn't think to look for the tags. You're clearly right. It is an ad. So okay, Jingle. Focus on the tie. 

Wonder how much she gets for that photo with a million followers? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yep. I looked at her caption and once I saw the thing about love I didn't think to look for the tags. You're clearly right. It is an ad. So okay, Jingle. Focus on the tie. 

I have noticed that throughout their posts several pieces of clothing is tagged. It's not technically an ad because they get no money out if it, they probably just get free merchandise for posting picture with it. Most recently it was Jinger's velvet dress and Felicity's stuffed doll.

• Love 6

That is a poor photo of Jeremy. His hair, beard and face look like crap there. A bad angle for all of it if you ask me. Yuck!

Why do they 'model' clothing? Why would Brooks Brothers want THEM to model their mens' wear line? Surely they have professional models to do that. Doesn't add up to me.

• Love 11
44 minutes ago, Normades said:

Jeremy is definitely not my type in the looks department but wow is he unattractive in that last picture!!!

His head looks like a deformed shape, like an amateur artist drawing his portrait for Art 101, making the forehead and nose too big and and squishing the whole lower part of the face. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, floridamom said:

That is a poor photo of Jeremy. His hair, beard and face look like crap there. A bad angle for all of it if you ask me. Yuck!

Why do they 'model' clothing? Why would Brooks Brothers want THEM to model their mens' wear line? Surely they have professional models to do that. Doesn't add up to me.

Well, I think @Lunera makes a good point about them possibly getting free merchandise for doing that, at least sometimes. It's hard to believe they'd get money for the kinds of things she posts -- even with the million followers.....Because how many of them are actually going to care about that tie? And care enough to see if it's tagged? On the other hand, maybe the odds really really improve with those million followers.....

From what I've heard and read, though, the people who really make money doing this stuff tend to focus their photos on specific consumer niches that really get their particular followers excited and engaged..... I can see that happening with Jeremy and his religious books, actually. But less so with clothes for the whole family as on Jingle's Instagram. I suppose it depends on how passionately interested in HER most of her followers are. If they like her enough, they may get revved up about any product she highlights. 

It would creep me out to post a photo saying how much I love my husband and then sticking the brand name onto his tie so we could get it comped. But I'm old. And employed. (Actually, just posting a photo saying "I love him" to a million strangers would kind of creep me out all by itself, come to think of it....But the branded tie would be the icing on the creepy cake, for me. That's mostly a generational thing, though, I guess.) 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16
58 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Is it just me or is that a kind of unflattering picture of Jer? 

It is so unflattering it makes me wonder if Jingle secretly resents her husband's vanity.  The receding part looks like it passes the back of his ear.  Something tells me Babe didn't approve this picture before it was posted.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Is it just me or is that a kind of unflattering picture of Jer? 

Not just you. I don't think Felicity's picture is flattering of her either. His looks like a mug shot for a corporate criminal and hers looks like a ad for a prequel for the Exorcist. 

• Love 20
52 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Seeing this makes me want to avoid Brooks Brothers!

• Love 12
32 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Not just you. I don't think Felicity's picture is flattering of her either. His looks like a mug shot for a corporate criminal and hers looks like a ad for a prequel for the Exorcist. 

Or a Bad Seed remake?

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Christina87 said:

His head looks like a deformed shape, like an amateur artist drawing his portrait for Art 101, making the forehead and nose too big and and squishing the whole lower part of the face. 

That haircut does him no favors. 

• Love 13

Ehhh... I'd rather see her playing with color and black and white than another pic of a 40 something who has given themselves a bunny face or mouse face or whatever the hell it is that has taken over the selfies I see all over my Facebook feed.

• Love 22
46 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Did they take a pay cut?  The Counting On offspring are peddling like their livelihoods depend on it. 

Maybe TLC looked at the dearth of potential female-Duggarling nuptials on the horizon and suggested this next season-of-life could be their last. 

• Love 16

She needs layers on the top of her head. She’s getting the male Duggar hairline. 

I love that she’s doing clean eating though. I don’t care if it’s all just trendy Babe ... at least her family won’t look creepily pasty and unhealthy. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Yeah, the B&W doesn't suit Felicity as well, I think, especially not when you can take advantage of those big blue eyes...

2 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

She needs layers on the top of her head. She’s getting the male Duggar hairline. 

I love that she’s doing clean eating though. I don’t care if it’s all just trendy Babe ... at least her family won’t look creepily pasty and unhealthy. 

Or wear one of felicity’s bows lol

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe TLC looked at the dearth of potential female-Duggarling nuptials on the horizon and suggested this next season-of-life could be their last. 

All it would take are decreased ratings. How did last season do?

Perhaps they found out they aren't getting that $16 Mil payday from their lawsuit that daddy promised, too.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

But well get to see all the live births so there's that!

• Love 3

You never know with online reviews, of course, but it looks like Thrive Market has customer-service flaws the same way Joy's new enterprise does. 

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/thrivemarket.com

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/thrivemarket.com

"The free trial is a scam!" "They charged my credit card four times!" "Their prices are no better than my health-food store's or Amazon's!" "They charged me the $59.95 annual fee without telling me." "The coupon discounts are lies!" "They make canceling nearly impossible!" "Unethical company!" "Shipped me $100 worth of seafood with no dry ice!" "The fee is $60 a year but they still charge shipping for orders under $50!" Etc. (hundreds of etcs., in fact)

Sounds like it could be the kind of enterprise that depends on celeb backing because they know their own reputation is crappy.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 19

Actually, I've ordered from Thrive before (I didn't pay for membership, though--only did one of those free trial things) and found their selection and prices to be really good. As far as shilling goes, this pick isn't bad compared to some of the products/services that some of the other fundies hawk, I'd say. 

How much of a kickback does she get? Or is it just free prods?

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, graefin said:

Actually, I've ordered from Thrive before (I didn't pay for membership, though--only did one of those free trial things) and found their selection and prices to be really good. As far as shilling goes, this pick isn't bad compared to some of the products/services that some of the other fundies hawk, I'd say. 

How much of a kickback does she get? Or is it just free prods?

Looks to me like their big problem is very spotty customer service. A few people online report what you do -- and of course those few represent a lot of people because few people actually write positive reviews. And then there are many many reviews that report they took the free trial but when they tried to cancel were told they could do it but got their credit cards charged for the annual fee anyway; tried to cancel a second year of the service and got charged anyway; started logging in from a new email address and found that they were then being charged TWO annual fees, etc. Seems like when it works it's fine, but they have a ton of customer-service glitches that hit random people hard. 

With a million followers, some of them probably quite devoted, looks like Jingle can do very well. 

"You can now earn commissions and make healthy living accessible to everyone. For every new customer who makes their first purchase, you'll receive $20 cash."

https://thrivemarket.com/affiliates

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

"You can now earn commissions and make healthy living accessible to everyone. For every new customer who makes their first purchase, you'll receive $20 cash."

Skating dangerously close to working outside the home to fund Jer's Brooks Borthers habit.

Edit: Someone ask Jing if she's donating the 20's,

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Perhaps they found out they aren't getting that $16 Mil payday from their lawsuit that daddy promised, too.

Yeah, I suppose the gullible little dunderheads actually believed godly Daddy/Pops when he said that would work out. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, JoanArc said:

All it would take are decreased ratings. How did last season do?

They're still pulling in anywhere from 1.1 to 1.3 million viewers an episode (from a quick google search). However with the addition of more and more adults to the show means a dilution of the $$$.

• Love 11
54 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

They're still pulling in anywhere from 1.1 to 1.3 million viewers an episode (from a quick google search). However with the addition of more and more adults to the show means a dilution of the $$$.

And as those adults produce more kids, the $$$s they're getting don't go as far. ... 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
23 hours ago, Madtown said:

Secretly giving the finger... :)

She's adorable, but I'm thinking quit putting shit on her head.  Can she go without the massive bows?  I'm not a fan of girl babies with anything like this on their heads because they're usually without hair and it is just (in my opinion),  not a good look.  

23 hours ago, Lunera said:

Not a fan of this hairstyle on men these days.

• Love 11

At least she's reading.  And Jeremy clearly adores her.  I actually sort of liked his last picture despite the weird angle--I thought it made him look less rabbity.  He's got one of those jolie-laide faces:  he can look really good or really bad depending on the angle.

• Love 6