Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, Baby Button Eyes said:

Why do they always wear hats indoors?

isnt there any other dessert available at that restaurant?  I’m starting to suspect a chocolate mess conspiracy with that family and that restaurant. 

Something wrong with a baby having a bit of chocolate? I have a pic of me at 4 months old sharing some of my dad’s chocolate bar with a gleeful smile on my face!

I have a 6 month old and I def don't want her having any sugar until she gets the hang of other solids. This is strictly my opinion but I think it is bad to introduce them to processed sugar so early, because they might develop a strong preference to sugar/sugary tasting things and not want to eat healthy things like spinach/peas/squash. I think this is why they tell you to start with vegetables before fruit, too. Sugar is extremely addicting ( I am addicted to it myself) and the longer I can have her avoid it the better! You also are supposed to introduce one food at a time, for potential allergens. If Lissy had a reaction they wouldnt know if it was due to chocolate, nuts, dairy, ect.

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Was she seen wearing pants in front of them? Jill also sometimes wears pant,but I don't think in front of M&JB

Jill has worn jeans in front of Michelle. It's in the birthday video when Michelle visits Jill's house for the weird mocha cake or whatever that's her favorite.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

If JB was worth even 5 million, that's about $250,000.00 for each of the 19 kids. A quarter of a million is a significant amount of money to inherit, yet wouldn't last the average person 10 years if that was their sole income. And a quarter million will be worth even less in 30 or 40 years.

Especially after JB and M age to the point that JB can't effectively hustle any more, so they have to start drawing down their stash instead of putting money into it. Not to mention what happens if one or both of them gets disabled or sick enough to need some medical care or a nursing home or even a hefty amount of additional pharmaceuticals. I'm sure they have various investments, but the investments in tacky real estate aren't necessarily worth very much if you can't keep them up for tenants or buy and sell and rent in a savvy way. ... Or even if you can and they're located in places where the values fall instead of rise, or whatever. Being worth 5 million today when you're in your 50s certainly doesn't guarantee you'll be worth that much when you both kick off 30 or even 20 years from now. There are an awful lot of ways value can seep out of an estate as people age...........And, really, how much is anybody going to pay for the TTH 30 years down the line? It's a ridiculous-looking piece of tin crap on a dump. 

• Love 24
13 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I guess one could survive.  Stories told me that my Grandpa sat me on his lap when I was a tiny infant and fed me coffee with milk and sugar from a spoon while he read me the comic page.  This was 75 years ago.  I am a coffee lover from way back, even childhood where no one knew any better.  But I would never feed a dog chocolate. Reminds me of a story of our dog when I was a kid.  Someone gave my mother a whitman sampler.  We left it covered on the coffee table and went out.  Clever dog got the box, took it behind the couch, opened it, ate all the candy, left the wrappers.  Didn't kill her, or even make  her sick.  We were quite proud of her for trying to hide her transgression.  Also the olden days.  

Back when I was in high school, we had a dog - probably something of a collie/lab cross - who did the same thing. We had friends over for Christmas Eve, and they brought a good size box of chocolates, which accidentally got left open in the living room while we went to midnight mass. Upon coming home, we saw Arte (Artemus Gordon), who was not allowed to come into the living room and was generally pretty obedient, sneaking out of the room on crouched legs looking very guilty. We looked around, but could see nothing wrong offhand. It was only later that we noticed that every one of the chocolates in the box was gone, though not one of the paper "cups" (what do you call those things?) was disturbed. He never got sick either.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

If JB was worth even 5 million, that's about $250,000.00 for each of the 19 kids. A quarter of a million is a significant amount of money to inherit, yet wouldn't last the average person 10 years if that was their sole income. And a quarter million will be worth even less in 30 or 40 years.

True, but presumably, JB's estate will grow substantially over that 30-40 years too; so there would be a lot more than $5 mill to divide.  Even so, waiting for your parents to die and leave you some cash is hardly an intelligent strategy for life, which probably means a lot of the kids are doing just that.  As someone whose parents didn't have a dime to leave, I guess I just don't understand that thinking and I think I'm better off for it.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

True, but presumably, JB's estate will grow substantially over that 30-40 years too; so there would be a lot more than $5 mill to divide.  Even so, waiting for your parents to die and leave you some cash is hardly an intelligent strategy for life, which probably means a lot of the kids are doing just that.  As someone whose parents didn't have a dime to leave, I guess I just don't understand that thinking and I think I'm better off for it.

It won't grow all that substantially once the show ends and he has to support most of his own offspring as well as their families because the bulk of them won't have the skills, education or drive to make decent money themselves.

• Love 22
40 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

lol

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think that's the first time I've ever seen Michelle hold a baby!

....and she does't even know how to....she's got Babe the Third in a massive crotch grab.

Is Mullet really eating her adult daughter's birthday sundae? Is this how Jana is spending her ((30th???)) birthday......with her creepy, narcissistic, attention-hogging  parents??

Yes, Mullet and JB think they're the first parents on earth and would love to be called "Adam and Eve". Don't give them any ideas.

• Love 15
On 1/11/2019 at 5:46 AM, lookeyloo said:

I guess one could survive.  Stories told me that my Grandpa sat me on his lap when I was a tiny infant and fed me coffee with milk and sugar from a spoon while he read me the comic page.  This was 75 years ago.  I am a coffee lover from way back, even childhood where no one knew any better.  But I would never feed a dog chocolate. Reminds me of a story of our dog when I was a kid.  Someone gave my mother a whitman sampler.  We left it covered on the coffee table and went out.  Clever dog got the box, took it behind the couch, opened it, ate all the candy, left the wrappers.  Didn't kill her, or even make  her sick.  We were quite proud of her for trying to hide her transgression.  Also the olden days.  

I have memories of my babysitter Mrs Purple giving me coke when I was less than 3.  I have been addicted ever since.  I stopped drinking it and for me its like alcohol to an alcoholic.  Cannot have any or I am going from 1-4+ a day.  I blame the nice lady who gave me coke and also introduced me to snickerdoodles at a very young age for my sweet tooth.  Not really :).  

22 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Yeah...that's a no for me. You can not like Elton John and believe he's going to hell in the same breath. It just doesn't compute. 

I would do anything to see Elton John.  I am surprised Babe likes him.  I honestly love Elton pre Disney songs.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, nightmeri said:

What in the name of creamed soup casserole is going on in the second pic Jinger posted? The one of the three boys and JD giving the Heil sign? 

I’d guess a dumb ass TLC photo shoot. No wonder the promo pictures always look like crap.

• Love 8

Once again, these two make the celebration all about them.  They forgot to add how courageous & selfless Michelle was to bring both babies to term.  Gag me.

JD is not looking well.  He's also not wearing his wedding band in the video.  I thought that was a sin since it could give some young filly the idea that he's available.  The horror.  I'm clutching my pearls.

• Love 2

JerJer has the handwriting of a serial killer.

A question...if one is pimping out one’s newborn to shill “Illuminated Journaling Bibles,” does that supposedly make it okay, as opposed to using her to pimp out, say, timeshares in Cabo (“Dearest Felicity: this white sand beach is my favorite and the Mojitos at Jorge’s Beachside Bar are the bomb!”), which is probably not?

Just curious.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 21
9 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

JerJer has the handwriting of a serial killer.

A question...if one is pimping out one’s newborn to shill “Illuminated Journaling Bibles,” does that supposedly make it okay, as opposed to using her to pimp out, say, timeshares in Cabo (“Dearest Felicity: this white sand beach is my favorite and the Mojitos at Jorge’s Beachside Bar are the bomb!”), which is probably not?

Just curious.

8 hours ago, awaken said:

Ugh. So of course it’s not really about God, the Bible, or his love for Felicity- it’s aboit paid advertising and showing off his own wordiness. If it were truly about his relationship with the lord and his daughter, he’d direct his adoration towards them and not broadcast it publicly. 

In other words, he may hate his in-laws. But when it comes to ethical principles and at least some aspects of his relationship to his own child, he's exactly like them. 

And, of course, he only hates 'em because they're too tacky for him. He shares all their worst beliefs -- and, we see here, some of their worst behaviors -- but fears they diminish him because their clothes and manners aren't upper-class enough. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 24

Where does Jeremy hating the Duggar family come from? The only two Duggars I've ever seen hint at not liking someone or having feelings of anger toward family were Jana and Jessa.

Jana when she said years ago she was having a hard time with "forgiving someone". And Jessa's general attitude, glaring at Anna when she revealed M4 would have an M name, angrily threatening to elope when JB insisted she wait, being pissed at her SIL for revealing Spurge was a boy, rolling her eyes at just about anything Ben says, etc.

How did I miss Jeremy saying or hinting he doesn't like the Duggars? 

• Love 5

I also kind of like his sharing the journaling plan, since maybe it will give other parents the idea to do so.  I wouldn't have thought of it myself (though then again, I don't run across journaling Bibles weekly/daily on store shelves and in people's hands, so grain of salt); and it strikes me as a nice alternative for a "baby book".  It also indicates he has no problem with Felicity reading and studying things even if it is (so far) only a Bible, which speaks well for her future schooling.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Where does Jeremy hating the Duggar family come from? The only two Duggars I've ever seen hint at not liking someone or having feelings of anger toward family were Jana and Jessa.

Jana when she said years ago she was having a hard time with "forgiving someone". And Jessa's general attitude, glaring at Anna when she revealed M4 would have an M name, angrily threatening to elope when JB insisted she wait, being pissed at her SIL for revealing Spurge was a boy, rolling her eyes at just about anything Ben says, etc.

How did I miss Jeremy saying or hinting he doesn't like the Duggars? 

It's possibly not true that he kinda despises them. But we started a thought-train about his looking down his nose at them a long time ago. .... Just from his kind of setting himself and his family apart from them. Not wanting them to pull up with a thousand kids in the bus, and so on. And -- in my case, I think -- from how upper-crust I see Jer trying to be and how wanta-be-upper-crusters tend to not be thrilled with the "barefoot and backyard" types like the Duggars ..........And others have made similar observations. But it wouldn't be hate so much as persnickety-maiden-aunt-disdain, sort of. And it could all be horse hockey, of course, just like everything we say! ....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14
20 minutes ago, queenanne said:

I also kind of like his sharing the journaling plan, since maybe it will give other parents the idea to do so.  I wouldn't have thought of it myself (though then again, I don't run across journaling Bibles weekly/daily on store shelves and in people's hands, so grain of salt); and it strikes me as a nice alternative for a "baby book".  It also indicates he has no problem with Felicity reading and studying things even if it is (so far) only a Bible, which speaks well for her future schooling.

It is a nice idea and I'd be fine with him sharing it... if his post didn't scream "I'm getting affiliate money for promoting this on social media!" ..... And yet, he doesn't say that he's getting money for promoting it on social media. You at least owe it to people to tell them that you're acting as an affiliate marketer when you're acting as an affiliate marketer. Otherwise, you're a fraud and you're misleading people.

I simply don't believe that he's running this contest with his own money and out of his own sincere desire to have other parents use the journaling bibles this way.

Now I do acknowledge that it's possible that this is all Jer's idea and that he's buying those prize bibles himself and that he's not working with the publisher on this. But I find that really really really really really unlikely, given that this is just exactly the kind of thing that happens in affiliate marketing. And because we know that Duggars including Jingle do engage in that celebs-promoting-my-stuff-for-cash stuff. And because Jer's promoted stuff from publishers before -- which I also believe he was getting paid for -- so he may be getting a rep for being able to do it effectively.

So, Jer, if you're doing this on your own dime and out of the goodness of your heart, I apologize.

But if you're doing it as an affiliate, then I think you owe it to your audience to say you'll be getting something in return for doing it. (and if you're NOT doing it as an affiliate, then tell people that, too. Transparency matters in these cases, I think.) There's nothing wrong with doing this as an affiliate. But it seems especially important to me to tell people if you are -- or aren't -- engaged in a marketing program when the thing you're promoting involves religion and your infant child and looks exactly like an affiliate marketing promotions program.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

It's possibly not true that he kinda despises them. But we started a thought-train about his looking down his nose at them a long time ago. .... Just from his kind of setting himself and his family apart from them. Not wanting them to pull up with a thousand kids in the bus, and so on. And -- in my case, I think -- from how upper-crust I see Jer trying to be and how wanta-be-upper-crusters tend to not be thrilled with the "barefoot and backyard" types like the Duggars ..........And others have made similar observations. But it wouldn't be hate so much as persnickety-maiden-aunt-disdain, sort of. And it could all be horse hockey! ....

There was definitely some level of male aggression on display - by Boob - in the engagement episode when Boob and Michelle visited Jeremy's apartment in Laredo. Boob was scornful and critical of Jeremy's place and pretty much acted like a jerk who wasn't sure he liked the idea of surrendering headship of his daughter to this guy. I think I said at the time that I wouldn't have been surprised if Boob peed on the carpet in that apartment. Jeremy IIRC didn't respond in kind. I don't think we saw Boob act that way toward Bin or Derick, but it was clear that he'd encountered an alpha male this time and was choking on the reality that this guy was going to marry his daughter. So I got the idea right then that Boob didn't much like Jeremy and I assumed it was mutual. I mean, they are brothers in Christ and all that, but they are not going hang out. 

We haven't seen Jeremy, for all his traveling, make a lot of trips to Arkansas. So, yeah, I don't think he hates the whole family or anything, but he's seen to it that Jinger's married life hasn't been just another chapter of living amid the Duggar hordes. And since the wedding we've seen on his social media what he values: status symbol clothing and accessories, trendy photography styles, and cool fashion. Way cooler than anything piled on a closet floor in the TTH. 

In writing this I've also remembered that little situation that happened when Boob and Michelle visited Laredo, I think before the wedding. The four of them were photographed in a local ice cream shop and Michelle posted about it on social media, saying oh we had fun, and naming the ice cream shop. The shop got enough backlash from that unwanted publicity that they issued some kind of statement that the Duggars were just customers who'd visited once and the owners weren't affiliated with the Duggars. Or words to that effect. If Jer needed a lesson in the downside of Duggar notoriety, he got it then. Edited later to add: Now that I think more about it, maybe the Duggars posed for a photo with the ice cream shop proprietors, and that's what they posted on social media. Anyway, the shop got backlash and had to disassociate themselves publicly from the Duggars. IMO the Duggars were there, and cheerfully asked the proprietors to pose with them, and the shop owners were being nice and agreed. Sure, pose with the friendly customers. What could go wrong? Well, 99% of the time, nothing. But, these were Duggars . . .

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Wait a minute. Jer said that he would be recording details of Felicity's life in that book, regularly, for years? Is he going to do that for the next child too? And the next? 

"Where's Daddy? He said he'd play ball with us!"

"Daddy's in his study, honey. He's busy. We can't bother him right now."

"But he promised!"

"I know, but he has a lot to do and he just doesn't have time."

[Jeremy is sitting at his desk carefully writing notes in fancy leather-bound Bibles about how much he loves his children.]

My first thought.  Is dear Babe going to do this for each blessing?  Balls he is.

• Love 13

My exact thought too, guys. Will Jeremy constantly be writing in bible journals about EVERY child they have? I highly doubt that. ….even if they have only 3 or 4 children, not enough time to do that. I found that out myself and I was a stay at home mother.....I THINK Jeremy has a church to run, doesn't he?

• Love 13
On 1/10/2019 at 10:54 PM, Baby Button Eyes said:

Why do they always wear hats indoors?

isnt there any other dessert available at that restaurant?  I’m starting to suspect a chocolate mess conspiracy with that family and that restaurant. 

Something wrong with a baby having a bit of chocolate? I have a pic of me at 4 months old sharing some of my dad’s chocolate bar with a gleeful smile on my face!

Yes. Intestinal integrity! The key to great health for a lifetime. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

It's possibly not true that he kinda despises them. But we started a thought-train about his looking down his nose at them a long time ago. .... Just from his kind of setting himself and his family apart from them. Not wanting them to pull up with a thousand kids in the bus, and so on. And -- in my case, I think -- from how upper-crust I see Jer trying to be and how wanta-be-upper-crusters tend to not be thrilled with the "barefoot and backyard" types like the Duggars ..........And others have made similar observations. But it wouldn't be hate so much as persnickety-maiden-aunt-disdain, sort of. And it could all be horse hockey, of course, just like everything we say! ....

We definitely got a whiff of Jeremy's feelings for his fil when he allegedly returned Boob's 50-page Rules for Courting a Duggar Daughter questionnaire with a 100 page response. And then there was the way he flauted the courting rules by wrapping himself around Jingle at every opportunity -- especially in front of Boob. Remember when they visited Jer's apartment in Laredo and he practically had her on his lap while her parents squirmed on the other couch?

• Love 21

With regards to how Jeremy feels about the clan, I think he's respectful because they are his inlaws, but I'm not feeling a great relationship there.  Regardless of what you think about Jeremy, one has to see he's the most "worldly" of the spouses.  He went to college, he has traveled extensively, and he's lived in more populated areas.  I grew up in a town of 3000 people, moved to a small city (50,000) about an hour away, moved again to Maryland, and now live in a can of sardines.  I would say there are 5 streets that make up our neighborhood, and there are 200+ houses.  I could never go back to small town living.  I crave the suburban/city life too much, and I can see Jinger feeling similar.  It makes you realize there's more to life and the world other than your little bubble.  I think a potential issue for Jeremy is how JB&M (mis)handled the situation with Josh.  To know what happened to your wife and be expected to be in the same room as her abuser is disgusting.

His promotional cherished gift to Felicity could possibly get him in trouble.  I've fallen down the rabbit hole on YouTube of unboxing/as-seen-on-tv videos the last few months, and one of them did a video of how a collaborator was going to end up in hot water because she was not disclosing affiliate codes/links.   The FTC has great, easy to understand info on their page.  They even show what needs to happen on social media platforms in regards to products being advertised.  Since Jeremy (and most Duggar/adjacents) lives by the "if it's not documented, did it really happen" mantra, a little legwork on the backend of things could be helpful in the long run.

• Love 9

I was in most of my sister's baby and toddler pictures unless my mom took her to a photographer. I refused to leave her alone. She even bit me to try and get me to go away. My mom even told me right from the start I was a bit too thrilled to have a sibling compared to other kids. She was going to be my best friend damn it!

I finally got the memo about a decade ago. I was a bit slow on the uptake.

Back to Jeremy. Oh my god. He's turning into a mommy blogger that has no problem trotting out his kid for likes. Bibles... Really?

• Love 11
Just now, Churchhoney said:

"Can I not have FIVE effing MINUTES without a damn BOW on my head???? How're you going to pay for my college education when you're wasting all this money on effing BOWS???? .... Or are you pimping me out on the Internet for FREE bows...the way Dad's pimping me out for FREE BIBLES???" 

They have to be at this point. You'd think that kid has a deformity on the top of her head with the amount of bows and hats she wears.

• Love 9

Oh, hey, Jinger's hit the 1m followers mark. At some point I guess she'll surpass Jill's 1.6 mil. Not sure if she'll outdo Jessa's 2 million, though, but it'd be fun to see (Jessa's head explode)!

Edited by graefin
  • Love 11