Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I have no idea...we've all been pretty sure she was pregnant at least a few times in the past...but I will say that the creases  coming down over her abdomen, for the little bit we can see before the bag covers them, seem to be splaying slightly outwards...

Jessa posted a couple of pics and is slim and trim, so I guess I jumped the gun.  Lol

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jessa responded to a comment regarding Felicity being barefoot:

jessaseewald

@kayleelowe85 😱 And she was let outside to run in the snow like that. So terrible.

It was 64 degrees in KY yesterday, so I’m guessing that they had mild temps in AR as well.  Felicity may be one of those kids who likes to pull her shoes/socks off.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I would be like "Ewwww gross" more than anything with letting Lissy go barefoot. But then I realized this is Cousin Famy's boutique and the Duggars are probably their only customers so eh.

And, I don't think Felicity is walking yet, so there's that. Although we know about the Duggars, flip flops, and bare feet, lol.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Jeeves said:

And, I don't think Felicity is walking yet, so there's that. Although we know about the Duggars, flip flops, and bare feet, lol.

I saw an Instagram post from one of the dancers I follow and the caption was "Us dancers have dirty feet" and the soles of her feet were completely black from dance studio floor not being cleaned. I was reminded of the Duggars. Yuck.

• Love 3

Laredo has been much in the news the last few days. I've seen several news reports in which the residents of Laredo were interviewed about the "crisis" at the border.

I kept expecting to see an interview with Jeremy. I'm sure he'd love to pontificate for the cameras. Alas, it was not to be.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Jordan Baker said:

Laredo has been much in the news the last few days. I've seen several news reports in which the residents of Laredo were interviewed about the "crisis" at the border.

I kept expecting to see an interview with Jeremy. I'm sure he'd love to pontificate for the cameras. Alas, it was not to be.

I wonder what he would say on the subject?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Normades said:

Was that pic of Jinger with Joe and Kendra taken at their house?  It looks clean and cute.  I think they're a sweet little family and not smug pretentious jackasses like Babe and Jinger.

No, that's the TTH. You can see the dining room table on the far left.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

No, that's the TTH. You can see the dining room table on the far left.

I had to go back and look at the photo when I saw that someone had described any portion of the TTH as clean and cute.

I'll have to give them kudos on this one because they found one corner of the TTH that wasn't filthy and wasn't populated by filthy children playing or slovenly teens lounging around.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I had to go back and look at the photo when I saw that someone had described any portion of the TTH as clean and cute.

I'll have to give them kudos on this one because they found one corner of the TTH that wasn't filthy and wasn't populated by filthy children playing or slovenly teens lounging around.

I guess you can make anything look ok with the right angle!!  thanks for the info, now off to get my eyes checked.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Normades said:

I guess you can make anything look ok with the right angle!!  thanks for the info, now off to get my eyes checked.

I don't think that's necessary. I can't imagine that we'll ever see another shot of the TTH looking clean and cute!

• Love 3

That pic of Felicity with the chocolate mess makes me wonder if their assurance that the baby did not eat the dessert was for the public or Jeremy or maybe both.  If they didn't give her a taste then why are their spoons pointed toward her?  My mother in law loved to give my kids food I didn't approve of and it drove me nuts.  I wonder if Jeremy has voiced similar concerns, so despite doing as they pleased, they tried to make it look like they complied with his wishes.  

• Love 5

Garrett really doesn’t look Duggar-Ish. I guess he takes after the Caldwells. 

Jinger looks more like her “old” self and not as sleek and perfect as in pics with Jeremy. 

I’m shocked they’d do something apart!  Travel alone?! And they haven’t made a big deal about being away from him for a few days, jinger’s first flight alone with the baby, Jeremy surviving without them, etc?  Strange. 

• Love 13
18 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

“Look, we’re in love with our grandchildren, too, just like the Vuolos” -JB&M

Jinger was probably required to post a doting grandparent photo.

That was my first thought. The poses and the doting looks are dead ringers for Chuck and Diana's. Only difference is the Vuolos aren't faking it.

• Love 21

Why do they always wear hats indoors?

isnt there any other dessert available at that restaurant?  I’m starting to suspect a chocolate mess conspiracy with that family and that restaurant. 

Something wrong with a baby having a bit of chocolate? I have a pic of me at 4 months old sharing some of my dad’s chocolate bar with a gleeful smile on my face!

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Baby Button Eyes said:

Something wrong with a baby having a bit of chocolate? I have a pic of me at 4 months old sharing some of my dad’s chocolate bar with a gleeful smile on my face!

There was another picture on Jinger's Instagram of Felicity chewing the lid of a coffee cup. A bunch of idiots actually thought Jinger fed her coffee and were telling her how bad it was for the baby. She might have been trying to head off similar comments by posting the disclaimer.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 11
12 minutes ago, Baby Button Eyes said:

Why do they always wear hats indoors?

isnt there any other dessert available at that restaurant?  I’m starting to suspect a chocolate mess conspiracy with that family and that restaurant. 

I'm pretty sure you don't start babies on chocolate that early (allergenic maybe?)

• Love 1

Well, she did say she was "starting her early" (on coffee). I guess some moron leghumpers took her seriously. I was actually at Starbucks when I saw it, so I actually cracked a smile. Anyone with half a brain (like me) would have realized she was joking.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Normades said:

That pic of Felicity with the chocolate mess makes me wonder if their assurance that the baby did not eat the dessert was for the public or Jeremy or maybe both.  If they didn't give her a taste then why are their spoons pointed toward her?  My mother in law loved to give my kids food I didn't approve of and it drove me nuts.  I wonder if Jeremy has voiced similar concerns, so despite doing as they pleased, they tried to make it look like they complied with his wishes.  

It could just be perspective, but Boob's spoon looks small, so he may be feeding Felicity rice cereal or similar.  Michelle is definitely eating chocolate, but that could just be hers.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

I'm so tired of reading about Michelle's praises. She trained her children to publicly worship and adore her. These over the top 'godly' compliments are nauseating. Why hasn't Michelle complimented HER OWN MOTHER about what a great mother SHE HAD? It seems that this family started with JimBob and Michelle...( a bit of room for Mary Duggar, and insults about JB's father), but for the most part, Michelle never mentions her own parents. Sad about how the world began with these two.

Bears repeating.  

Amen.

• Love 17
9 hours ago, BitterApple said:

There was another picture on Jinger's Instagram of Felicity chewing the lid of a coffee cup. A bunch of idiots actually thought Jinger fed her coffee and were telling her how bad it was for the baby. She might have been trying to head off similar comments by posting the disclaimer.

I guess one could survive.  Stories told me that my Grandpa sat me on his lap when I was a tiny infant and fed me coffee with milk and sugar from a spoon while he read me the comic page.  This was 75 years ago.  I am a coffee lover from way back, even childhood where no one knew any better.  But I would never feed a dog chocolate. Reminds me of a story of our dog when I was a kid.  Someone gave my mother a whitman sampler.  We left it covered on the coffee table and went out.  Clever dog got the box, took it behind the couch, opened it, ate all the candy, left the wrappers.  Didn't kill her, or even make  her sick.  We were quite proud of her for trying to hide her transgression.  Also the olden days.  

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I guess one could survive.  Stories told me that my Grandpa sat me on his lap when I was a tiny infant and fed me coffee with milk and sugar from a spoon while he read me the comic page.  This was 75 years ago.  I am a coffee lover from way back, even childhood where no one knew any better.  But I would never feed a dog chocolate. Reminds me of a story of our dog when I was a kid.  Someone gave my mother a whitman sampler.  We left it covered on the coffee table and went out.  Clever dog got the box, took it behind the couch, opened it, ate all the candy, left the wrappers.  Didn't kill her, or even make  her sick.  We were quite proud of her for trying to hide her transgression.  Also the olden days.  

Lab, by any chance?  They seem to be able to eat anything with no ill affects.  My lab stole and devoured an entire bag of dark chocolate m&ms with not even a hint of a problem.  She lived until 16 and only threw up once when she developed an inner ear condition. She was pretty much a walking food disposal unit. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, latetotheparty said:

Lab, by any chance?  They seem to be able to eat anything with no ill affects.  My lab stole and devoured an entire bag of dark chocolate m&ms with not even a hint of a problem.  She lived until 16 and only threw up once when she developed an inner ear condition. She was pretty much a walking food disposal unit. 

True mutt, so who knows.  We loved her.  Her name was Lady. 

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

My sister and BIL's poodle did the same thing with a Whitman sampler.  He didn't get sick either.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

I had a basset hound who once ate a pan of brownies.  Another time, she ate an entire bag of Reese' peanut butter cups, leaving the wrappers behind.  Wasn't a bit sick and lived well past her 15th birthday.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, awaken said:

Garrett really doesn’t look Duggar-Ish. I guess he takes after the Caldwells. 

Jinger looks more like her “old” self and not as sleek and perfect as in pics with Jeremy. 

I’m shocked they’d do something apart!  Travel alone?! And they haven’t made a big deal about being away from him for a few days, jinger’s first flight alone with the baby, Jeremy surviving without them, etc?  Strange. 

Favorite post ever. HARD agree with all three points!

1. Garrett looks exactly like Mama Caldwell!!! Picture him with long blonde hair, and he's a dead ringer!

2. I thought the exact same thing!!! That's more of her old style, that she doesn't really don around Jeremy. I wish she would; I think it's cuter than her new style! I actually gravitate towards higher end pieces, and I personally like her "Jeremy" style better, buuuut I like her old style better on HER, because it's Jinger. I picture her getting ready in the morning and saying, "how can I express myself today?" instead of, "how can I look good enough to be in Baaaabe's presence today?" I see the same with Jill; she always looks different / more put together when with her sisters. However, I think Jill just can't pull her look together without their help, but Jinger can.

3. Color me shocked too. I'm especially surprised that Jinger maybe traveled on a plane with just Felicity. She couldn't even do that while courting! I bet she feels more relaxed around her family without Jeremy, because she has to know he thinks a lot of things they do are weird...but to her, that's how she grew up! I hope she enjoys all the tater tot casserole and dorky family activities she wants, because even though that's not my style, it's probably comforting to her. 

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I see Kendra has the modesty slip underneath her dresses too. Yikes.

When you see Kendra, remember that her father was the one who sent his parishioners, including children, around to people's doors bearing flyers exhorting them to stand strong against gay rights and gay marriage, for the sake of Jesus. Her family is hard core on "jinder roles" as well. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 20

Every Duggar child is going to praise their mother and father publically until they die.  After the reading of the wills however, all bets are off.  They all know enough to keep the accolades flowing, at least moderately.  

Michelle and Jim Bob have significant assets.  If they can manage them effectively, even divided by 19, there's the potential for a nice payout for each of the kids once they're gone.  

Why would any of them risk alienating potential golden geese? 

I think even independent couples like Jing & Baaaaabe or Joyless & Austin wouldn't take any chances.  YMMV. 

• Love 17
20 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

When you see Kendra, remember that her father was the one who sent his parishioners, including children, around to people's doors bearing flyers exhorting them to stand strong against gay rights and gay marriage, for the sake of Jesus. Her family is hard core on "jinder roles" as well. 

Even moreso than the Duggars it seems. That dress already hits around the mid-calf. I guess the calves can be very defrauding.

• Love 7

I think that maybe Jinger is holding back a bit fashion wise when she comes back to visit the family. Like she is toning down a bit because of her parents.

Was she seen wearing pants in front of them? Jill also sometimes wears pant,but I don't think in front of M&JB

• Love 5

If JB was worth even 5 million, that's about $250,000.00 for each of the 19 kids. A quarter of a million is a significant amount of money to inherit, yet wouldn't last the average person 10 years if that was their sole income. And a quarter million will be worth even less in 30 or 40 years.

• Love 12