Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Christina87 said:

I agree that Jinger is close to Jessa and Joe, and I think she would very much like a Jessa / Bin / Joe / Kendra Christmas. Unfortunately, there's no way to arrange that without hurting anyone's feelings. 

Yup! That’s a strategic problem in large families. I do wonder how people handle things when they hate their siblings but love their parents. The parents might want all the kids together but may have to alternate to keep the peace. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Zella said:

My dad and his brother have strategically avoided each other since 1980 while still visiting their parents. It's doable, but it's pretty obvious what's going on. 

Oh I am sure it’s doable! Just more logistical work. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Unfortunately, to me that's just one more reason to consider him either a fat fucking hypocrite or just a clueless idiot, actually. He's very much on record as condemning both tolerance of homosexuals and acceptance of gay marriage as being completely against God's laws regarding Biblical gender roles yadda yadda. 

Here's one of his pronouncements, re a retired Christian pastor who said he'd be willing to perform marriage ceremonies for gay believers as a matter of open-mindedness, charity, etc.....https://thestir.cafemom.com/celebrities/208065/jeremy_vuolo_same_sex_marriage -- "We're living in a day when basic teachings of Christ in regards to marriage and sexuality are being undermined and eroded, not just out there amongst the radical liberal thinkers, but amongst our so-called Christian leaders ... Just this week, we saw this demonstrated with the endorsement of gay marriage from Eugene Peterson and his subsequent attempt to recant, which really was no retraction at all."

Peterson's remarks were, among other things, according to Jer -- a “cowardly retreat by the people of God under the assaults of demonic forces.”   https://www.inquisitr.com/4377946/jinger-duggars-husband-jeremy-vuolo-shames-pastor-for-same-sex-marriage-support/

And here, Jer explains why it's imperative that Christian preachers publicly denounce homosexuality and condemns those who hold back as being cowards who are kowtowing to evil contemporary culture and who by expressing this tolerance are abandoning Christian faith ... https://www.inquisitr.com/4556737/jinger-duggars-husband-jeremy-vuolo-compares-lgbt-acceptance-to-a-gun/

'“All you have to do is look at the sexual revolution pressuring them, and they cave in to a worldview that rejects God’s truth and embraces popular opinion,” Jeremy said. “Do you want to see the gun? Do you want to see the threatening of being burned alive?… Look at the revolution of popular thought. Look at the postmodernism of today’s culture. Look at the sexual revolution. Look at the false idea of tolerance. Look at the false definition of love.”

'To further illustrate his point, Jeremy Vuolo mocked the religious leaders who have displeased him by pretending to be a frightened preacher with a gun held to his head. He then acted like he was giving in to a list of demands.

'“Don’t pull the trigger, don’t pull the trigger!” Jeremy said while making a gun with his hand and pointing it at his temple. “Okay, we’ll blur the lines of truth there. Okay, we’ll remove that from our statement of faith. Okay, we won’t speak out about that. Okay, we’ll skip that section. Okay, I won’t give a public denunciation of homosexuality.”'

He said that he and Jinger consider homosexuality to be a "false love."    https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2017/10/jeremy-vuolo-slammed-for-anti-lgbt-anti-duggar-rant/

Something tells me Elton John feels a bit weary when he hears about having fans with those views. 

By the by, and moving a bit away from EJ specifically, it's also clear that Jer definitely shares Der's view of transgender -- i.e., it doesn't exist and talk of it only emerges from families that are hopelessly messed up in an ungodly way. 

Here's one of his pronouncements on Jazz --  

'Vuolo seems to believe that the existence of transgender individuals is a result of bad parenting — or rather, that the concept of being transgender doesn't exist in the first place. *Eye roll* Yes, really. Vuolo was speaking in reference to a realty TV web series about a family with a transgender daughter. And Jeremy let his feelings on the matter be heard loud and clear. "Well that’s a sign of — the child is ruling," Vuolo says during the sermon. He continues:

'"The parents have no discipline over the child and no instruction over what’s right and wrong. Just, 'Whatever you feel, you do.' And now you got a child who’s barely come to cognitive understanding of the world determining that how they were created is wrong and they’re going to redo that. And we see that all over the place."'

And while we're contemplating what a great guy he is, let's also consider one of his numerous remarks regarding the true nature of the dominant faith in his current home, Laredo --

' "I just want to say this, kind of as an aside for us here in Laredo," he said during a May, 2017 sermon. "There are spiritual strongholds in our world today, aren't there? "Just as Paul and Silas encountered the demonic in Phillippi, so we encounter that here in Laredo. In this city we have the pagan religion of Catholicism gripping the souls of the majority."'        

https://www.romper.com/p/quotes-from-jeremy-vuolos-sermons-show-hes-more-liberal-than-his-in-laws-but-not-by-much-8956142

What a guy, huh? 

For me, no taste in music could possibly overcome all this nonsense. He's sneakier than Der. But otherwise pretty much identical when it comes to beliefs and pronouncements. 

A thousand Amens to your entire post, @Churchhoney!  Especially the beginning!

and I CANT WAIT to see what happens if Felicity one day comes out as trans or gay. The child ruling, no instruction in right and wrong, no discipline. I would LOVE for Jeremy to be confronted by his own words one day. 

• Love 18
7 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

@Churchhoney I’m not surprised at Jeremy. Many of these “Christians” have no problem enjoying LGBT people’s art and talent, but want to deny them their civil rights. No different than how black performers were treated during segregation “oh please come sing/dance for us, and pee in a Dixie cup because you’re too dirty to use our bathroom; we need to drain the pool if you use it” ala Dorothy  Dandrige. It’s gross. 

Exactly. Same song, different verse. 

• Love 19
9 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

@Churchhoney I’m not surprised at Jeremy. Many of these “Christians” have no problem enjoying LGBT people’s art and talent, but want to deny them their civil rights. No different than how black performers were treated during segregation “oh please come sing/dance for us, and pee in a Dixie cup because you’re too dirty to use our bathroom; we need to drain the pool if you use it” ala Dorothy  Dandrige. It’s gross. 

Preach. I read this comment just after I got home from seeing the movie "The Green Book." Don't want to take this discussion off topic, but the movie demonstrated exactly that history as to black performing artists. 

Back to the main topic, I'm with @JoanArc - go on, Jer, lay out your real beliefs loud and proud!

• Love 15
23 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Exactly. He's just Der all over again. Now with extra hypocrisy. To me, that actually makes him worse. Certainly more dangerous.

Der's antics are likely to attract very few people who don't already believe the exact same stuff that these guys spout. Jer, however -- with his spiffier shoes, cool-in-the-coffee-shop selfies and social-media pop-music love -- clearly functions as a honey trap, male edition. Evidence of that is all around. 

He's honey-dicking us? I still don't find him particularly attractive or charismatic. He should ask Jessa how far being the hot one gets you.

• Love 12
34 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

He's honey-dicking us? I still don't find him particularly attractive or charismatic. He should ask Jessa how far being the hot one gets you.

Well, he's probably only honey-dicking those who find him attractive or charismatic. For those who don't find him especially attractive, he's just dicking us, I guess. 

• Love 14

Exactly. He's just Der all over again. Now with extra hypocrisy. To me, that actually makes him worse. Certainly more dangerous.

Der's antics are likely to attract very few people who don't already believe the exact same stuff that these guys spout. Jer, however -- with his spiffier shoes, cool-in-the-coffee-shop selfies and social-media pop-music love -- clearly functions as a honey trap, male edition. Evidence of that is all around. 

I agree he's worse than Derick.

Derick is despicable, but he's probably been the most honest of all the Duggar circle in spewing his hatefulness. Not that that is an admirable quality, but at least we all know exactly where he stands. Jeremy is no different in the offensiveness of his beliefs, but he's not willing to own it because he knows how it comes across. 

• Love 21

Well, he's probably only honey-dicking those who find him attractive or charismatic. For those who don't find him especially attractive, he's just dicking us, I guess. 

Speak for yourself. And keep your legs crossed!

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Absolutely, his hypocrisy makes him much worse than Derick.

• Love 10

Didn't the Vuolos just get back from Philly? And now they're leaving town again? I guess I should give Jeremy the benefit of the doubt because maybe the Dallas trip is for his church, but is anyone else getting the vibe Laredo is no longer good enough for these two? 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 18

JereME seems so self-centered that he is unable to make any personal sacrifices if they conflict with his beliefs. He likes Elton John music, but refuses to give that up even though he thinks gay people are evil. He also said one time that he has a glass of wine every now and then! It was in one of his early sermons. Isn't it funny that God convicted him not to give up alcohol because he likes it? And if the rumors of a girlfriend while he was courting Jinger are true, he was preaching against masturbation while still having hookups. When it comes time to change in any way for his faith, he isn't really up for it. 

• Love 15
53 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Didn't the Vuolos just get back from Philly? And now they're leaving town again? I guess I should give Jeremy the benefit of the doubt because maybe the Dallas trip is for his church, but is anyone else getting the vibe Laredo is no longer good enough for these two? 

That's almost it. You skipped the side trip to San Antonio in the middle. .... That could certainly have been church-related. ... Or not...Impossible to tell. And of course it wouldn't require an overnight. But, yeah, out of town a lot. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

They're actually in AR now. Jinger just posted an IG from Famy's shop (complete with Jana holding Lissy).

• Love 1

Damn. And I actually work for a living. Own my own business so flying here and there and back over there is not an option in my world. Because I work solo. And I respect my deadlines. 

Good for them. I guess. 

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

They're actually in AR now. Jinger just posted an IG from Famy's shop (complete with Jana holding Lissy).

Oh, good grief. These people are completely useless. Must be nice never having to work a real job...

Eta: Poor Jana. I guess her single status and lack of Instagram means she doesn't warrant free clothes. She's on nanny duty while Jingle gets a new dress. Some things never change.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 23
56 minutes ago, Lunera said:

She's in Arkansas modeling clothes for Famy. I have a feeling she's in town because they are filming a very special announcement. 

"My store is going out of business in nine months!"

• Love 21
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

So, why are the Vuolos in town? A manufactured pregnancy announcement that will be filmed? Jessa's overdue for an announcement and conveniently holding that bag to hide her abdomen. 

Yeah, I think she’s preggers.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Thank you for introducing a delightful new phrase to my vocabulary! I will endeavor to use this as much as possible.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Yeah, I think she’s preggers.

I have no idea...we've all been pretty sure she was pregnant at least a few times in the past...but I will say that the creases  coming down over her abdomen, for the little bit we can see before the bag covers them, seem to be splaying slightly outwards...

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, Totally said:

Is Jessa wearing pants? Has she worn pants before?

It's legging under a skirt or dress. She wore the same grey leggings and boots under the mustard dress.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

It's legging under a skirt or dress. She wore the same grey leggings and boots under the mustard dress.

As one who was a teen in the 90s, I kind of like Jessa's boots. They remind me of Doc Martens and the grunge look.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I have no idea...we've all been pretty sure she was pregnant at least a few times in the past...but I will say that the creases  coming down over her abdomen, for the little bit we can see before the bag covers them, seem to be splaying slightly outwards...

:::::squints eyes:::::: maaaybe..

7 hours ago, Lunera said:

They look blue to me.

5 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

As much as I hate those little hats on babies, as long as it's out of their eyes, I can put up with it, but it's crunched up on both of Felicity's eyes and no one notices.

You're right.

PS shouldn't we be able to read the logo on the bags?

20190109_031634.jpg

11 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Thank you for introducing a delightful new phrase to my vocabulary! I will endeavor to use this as much as possible.

I learned about it from this movie , where the term was explained and used extensively.

11 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Bankruptcy is the new pregnancy. 

I was being generous with the nine months figure. She'll have this baby at 24 weeks.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jessa responded to a comment regarding Felicity being barefoot:

jessaseewald

@kayleelowe85 😱 And she was let outside to run in the snow like that. So terrible.

I'm not sure whether to be amused at Jessa or mad at Jinger. Probably both.

• Love 3

Ugh, people are making me agree with the Duggars

My son is 14 months and rarely wears socks indoors.  We only put socks on him when we go out.  He's not walking yet so we also rarely put shoes on him - only for special occasions.

• Love 16