Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Jeremy's sister Valerie plays with various bands. Does she still live at home? The fact that she seems somewhat independent and Jinger is experiencing independence for the first time, added to Jinger's 'big city dream' gives me a little hope that Felicity will have some mainstream exposure and advantages.

If Jing has a little more freedom than the Duggars allowed and Felicity has a little more than Jinger experienced, we can hope that Felicity's potential female offspring will have even more. Fingers crossed for them all.

• Love 15

I personally would have more hope if Jeremy had married someone more progressive than him, not less. By marrying Jinger, I feel like his future family's fate was sealed. Not that Jinger is some traditional trailblazer who is outspoken about their lifestyle, like Jessa, but I do think Jeremy values Jinger's beliefs. Sometimes I even feel like he is trying to live up to her family's "godliness," too, because he wasn't raised in such an extreme environment. He surely was okay with doing the courtship by their rules, and marrying 2.5 seconds after they met (I do question if he would have done this without TV). I do think that unfortunately, he sees the duggar beliefs as more godly than his family's, because everything is a pissing contest to them about who is most ostentatiously Christian. I do think he is more upscale, and is glad to come from an environment of better clothes and more accomplished females (within traditional feminine pursuits), but remember...he chose to marry Jinger! I don't think he'd be as impressed with his accomplished mother if she'd chosen to play in the Met orchestra, for example, throughout his childhood, where she'd be gone every night performing operas. It sounds like she largely put her violin career aside after having children, only to pick it back up (in a non-threatening way) when the kids left home. And in case there is any doubt about female roles, remember, he chose to marry Jinger. I wish he'd finally been the liberator that we have all hoped for, openly suggesting she go to community college and letting her wear a swimsuit, but aside from pants, what has she really done all that differently? If he had married a girl he met in college, though, I think things could be different. He could have married someone who wanted to be a kindergarten teacher, and without TV, he may not have been able to afford all his niceties on that paycheck and his. She could have continued working as one for 30 years...after all, that is an okay profession for a female for most conservative Christians, and Jeremy would not want to live in poverty. By the time Felicity came along and wanted to be a doctor, Jeremy might have thought, "well, my wife worked anyway, and we didn't have as much money as we could have liked. It makes me a little uncomfortable, but why not?" But by marrying Jinger, I think Jeremy will stay ultra conservative, and stick to the jinder roles he knows!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

I personally would have more hope if Jeremy had married someone more progressive than him, not less. By marrying Jinger, I feel like his future family's fate was sealed. Not that Jinger is some traditional trailblazer who is outspoken about their lifestyle, like Jessa, but I do think Jeremy values Jinger's beliefs. Sometimes I even feel like he is trying to live up to her family's "godliness," too, because he wasn't raised in such an extreme environment. He surely was okay with doing the courtship by their rules, and marrying 2.5 seconds after they met (I do question if he would have done this without TV). I do think that unfortunately, he sees the duggar beliefs as more godly than his family's, because everything is a pissing contest to them about who is most ostentatiously Christian. I do think he is more upscale, and is glad to come from an environment of better clothes and more accomplished females (within traditional feminine pursuits), but remember...he chose to marry Jinger! I don't think he'd be as impressed with his accomplished mother if she'd chosen to play in the Met orchestra, for example, throughout his childhood, where she'd be gone every night performing operas. It sounds like she largely put her violin career aside after having children, only to pick it back up (in a non-threatening way) when the kids left home. And in case there is any doubt about female roles, remember, he chose to marry Jinger. I wish he'd finally been the liberator that we have all hoped for, openly suggesting she go to community college and letting her wear a swimsuit, but aside from pants, what has she really done all that differently? If he had married a girl he met in college, though, I think things could be different. He could have married someone who wanted to be a kindergarten teacher, and without TV, he may not have been able to afford all his niceties on that paycheck and his. She could have continued working as one for 30 years...after all, that is an okay profession for a female for most conservative Christians, and Jeremy would not want to live in poverty. By the time Felicity came along and wanted to be a doctor, Jeremy might have thought, "well, my wife worked anyway, and we didn't have as much money as we could have liked. It makes me a little uncomfortable, but why not?" But by marrying Jinger, I think Jeremy will stay ultra conservative, and stick to the jinder roles he knows!

You hit the nail on the head.

Why Jeremy married someone like Jinger, a naive, sheltered, poorly educated girl has always been a puzzle for me. By his own admission, he had some wild times in college before he “committed” his life to the ministry.

Even though he didn’t spend all his college years there, Syracuse is a large secular school with a diverse student population. Traveling with his pro soccer team increased this exposure to diversity. What made him pick her ?

I have several theories.

1. He married Jinger to further his ambitions by using JB’s connections and celebrity. (That worked, they’re on the show.)

2. He married Jinger so that he could have a subservient wife who would hang on his every word, give him those patented  adoring glances, keep sweet, and allow him to rule the roost. ( She’s not a major clinger like Jill, but she doesn’t do much on her own.)

3.He married Jinger because inwardly, Jeremy has no confidence in himself. The selfies, the self-aggrandizing sermons, are all bravado. He needed a wife who would pump up his ego.(A woman who was his educational and intellectual equal would probably have told him to take a hike the minute he started proselytizing.)

Jmoo, but I think every decision no matter how small  is made by Jeremy but Jinger happily agrees because that’s how she was raised. And for now, she’s having a great time, but as she gets older and realizes that her opinions don’t count, I guess, as I’ve said before, time will tell.

• Love 21
26 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Looks like Chuck Jr. gifted Jinger with Harvard swag. Okey doke...

This is totally hilarious. As if she would ever aspire to the likes of a Harvard education (or dream of getting in)? The only thing funnier would be to see Jill wearing it.

• Love 12
14 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I really hope you're right, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. Ironically, I don't necessarily see Jeremy's objection to Felicity being a doctor to be about the prestige or money (I'm sure he'd love to have a doctor son!) but I could see him and Jinge talking her out of it for more practical reasons. Some reasons I can think of are:

• she wouldn't graduate college and med school until 25-26. Those are prime marrying years for women. 
  • How is she going to abstain from even kissing in college and med school?
  • while there are some conservative Christian colleges that are reputable, Christian med schools aren't really a thing. 
  • She will definitely see mens' body parts. 
  • residency will take several more years. She will be at least 30 before a family is a serious possibility. Even normal women who are doctors worry about this!
  • ...and residencies happen on Sundays. 
  • All that will be left in their circle by 30+ are tabitha Paine husband type rapists. 
  • If she does manage to find a husband, she will be the breadwinner, which is evil. 
  • ...and will be known as a "career woman." The horror!
  • Unless she married another doctor, it will be hard to justify giving up her salary to be a SAHM, especially considering the debt she will likely have. 
  • She will work long hours, even when established. 
  • She will not be free to attend fundie social events like weddings often. 
  • She cannot homeschool her children.

I do think maybe if Felicity wanted to attend liberty university and study violin, Jeremy would be all for it. Or possibly any small Christian college near them, where she could live at home and study to be a kindergarten teacher or choir director. However, I really can't see Jeremy allowing a woman to pursue a vigorous professional career with long hours of hard work!

Most of the female doctors I know, including my own, were married in medical school or early residency and started families in medical school or residency. Everything else is just speculation. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Most of the female doctors I know, including my own, were married in medical school or early residency and started families in medical school or residency. Everything else is just speculation. 

But unless Felicity had a partner at that age, it would be a moot point, because she wouldn't be available to scour fundie social events for a husband. Then, when she started a courtship, how could she be expected to do medical school work while dating? Jinger couldn't even do laundry! It's a duggar "rule" that you don't have to do anything while focusing on your courtship. Even if she did marry in medical school, she couldn't have a baby right away, and would be far from "joyfully available" any time hubby wanted it. See, you are thinking like logical, normal people. No way would fundies approve of marrying a wife who was in medical school! POSSIBLY a husband could do this, provided that they were getting money from somewhere. It would be seen as an investment in their future, and the wife could be a homemaker, like Jill and Derick are doing with law school. A woman in med school, however, would (in their reality) neglect her husband, if she even could find one. 

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Looks like Chuck Jr. gifted Jinger with Harvard swag. Okey doke...

Yeah, fat chance,Jinger. I’m surprised that any one of them would want to be associated with liberal, liberal Harvard.

We have lots of those sweatshirts, earned by hard work. One of my grandchildren  is a student there and our political discussions have bordered on violence. They are now banned from the dinner table. 

We are far from rich, and the grandchild is there on a bunch of grants. Their financial packages are phenomonal.

This kid has met Hillary, Madeline Albright, John Kerry, Malala the young Pakistani activist and many others, as well as  students from all socioeconomic groups, races and religions. 

Certainly not the Duggars cup of tea.

• Love 13
58 minutes ago, bythelake said:

You hit the nail on the head.

Why Jeremy married someone like Jinger, a naive, sheltered, poorly educated girl has always been a puzzle for me. By his own admission, he had some wild times in college before he “committed” his life to the ministry.

Even though he didn’t spend all his college years there, Syracuse is a large secular school with a diverse student population. Traveling with his pro soccer team increased this exposure to diversity. What made him pick her ?

I have several theories.

1. He married Jinger to further his ambitions by using JB’s connections and celebrity. (That worked, they’re on the show.)

2. He married Jinger so that he could have a subservient wife who would hang on his every word, give him those patented  adoring glances, keep sweet, and allow him to rule the roost. ( She’s not a major clinger like Jill, but she doesn’t do much on her own.)

3.He married Jinger because inwardly, Jeremy has no confidence in himself. The selfies, the self-aggrandizing sermons, are all bravado. He needed a wife who would pump up his ego.(A woman who was his educational and intellectual equal would probably have told him to take a hike the minute he started proselytizing.)

Jmoo, but I think every decision no matter how small  is made by Jeremy but Jinger happily agrees because that’s how she was raised. And for now, she’s having a great time, but as she gets older and realizes that her opinions don’t count, I guess, as I’ve said before, time will tell.

I think it’s a combination of all three of your theories. I also think that you and @Christina87 summed up my impressions of Jeremy perfectly!

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

But unless Felicity had a partner at that age, it would be a moot point, because she wouldn't be available to scour fundie social events for a husband. Then, when she started a courtship, how could she be expected to do medical school work while dating? Jinger couldn't even do laundry! It's a duggar "rule" that you don't have to do anything while focusing on your courtship. Even if she did marry in medical school, she couldn't have a baby right away, and would be far from "joyfully available" any time hubby wanted it. See, you are thinking like logical, normal people. No way would fundies approve of marrying a wife who was in medical school! POSSIBLY a husband could do this, provided that they were getting money from somewhere. It would be seen as an investment in their future, and the wife could be a homemaker, like Jill and Derick are doing with law school. A woman in med school, however, would (in their reality) neglect her husband, if she even could find one. 

Nobody can say for sure what a fundie would or would not allow or what a Duggar "rule" is. I remember when people said Jim Bob and Michelle wouldn't allow their daughters to marry and that the Duggarlings would be like Sarah Maxwell, stuck at home. Now there are four daughters married. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jeremy's sister Valerie plays with various bands. Does she still live at home? 

Valerie has an engineering degree, worked as a music teacher, and has played in many bands throughout the years. I think she focusing on her band right now. She lives in Cape May, New Jersey. 

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, bythelake said:

Yeah, fat chance,Jinger. I’m surprised that any one of them would want to be associated with liberal, liberal Harvard.

We have lots of those sweatshirts, earned by hard work. One of my grandchildren  is a student there and our political discussions have bordered on violence. They are now banned from the dinner table. 

We are far from rich, and the grandchild is there on a bunch of grants. Their financial packages are phenomonal.

This kid has met Hillary, Madeline Albright, John Kerry, Malala the young Pakistani activist and many others, as well as  students from all socioeconomic groups, races and religions. 

Certainly not the Duggars cup of tea.

Duggars barely qualify for this 😁

joke-shirt-harverd-community-collegemisspelled-men-s-t-shirt.jpg

• Love 15
15 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I agree. Even if Felicity was pure as snow all through college, I could see her being "tainted" to fundies...like, they would assume she had done things, just from being in that environment. I think a trade might be more realistic. I could see him not having a problem with something like cosmetology school, where most people are female (with gay males...and while their lifestyle is "evil," at least they wouldn't defraud Felicity) and she could earn a part-time living while still primarily being a parent. I don't see him letting her pursue a demanding career in any universe!

What does Jeremy's sister do? I thought she was older than him and unmarried. Did she pursue post-secondary education?

ETA, thank you to Lunera for the answers upthread.

Edited by mimionthebeach
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Lunera said:

Jeremy got one too

God, do they have to put a headband on that child, even if it looks like a hunk of curtain that they ripped off and tied onto her head?  Felicity has a lovely head and a sweet face, and that rag looks totally out of place.  Had they finally run out of head ornaments, or did their suitcase with all her headgear get lost by the airline?  Damn!

• Love 11

Her headbands would look better if they didn't pull them so far onto her forehead.  If you can't get a headband to fit properly, it's a good sign the child shouldn't be wearing it.  Of course, I was that grandma who taught her granddaughter how to pull them off at only a few weeks of age.  

• Love 15
55 minutes ago, sarasue59 said:

God, do they have to put a headband on that child, even if it looks like a hunk of curtain that they ripped off and tied onto her head?  Felicity has a lovely head and a sweet face, and that rag looks totally out of place.  Had they finally run out of head ornaments, or did their suitcase with all her headgear get lost by the airline?  Damn!

She's wearing it like a sumo wrestler. Low around the forehead. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Heathen said:

Really? Interesting. My Mom has been an Ob/Gyn for 42 years, and while she was on older end for a first child (long after residency at 37) seeing new residents come through every year, occasionally one will be married/pregnant with the 4yrs, many will get engaged or get married (she is invited to tons of weddings because of this) but most end the residency unmarried and without children. Granted this may be partly geographical- we are in Chicago, where people tend to marry later anyway.....just had to comment on that. 

• Love 7

I have a theory about Jinger home-schooling Felicity.  I think she will realize how much she doesn't know, and will do some learning along with Felicity.  Also, I believe Texas has much stricter rules about home-schooling than Arkansas does, so she won't be able to half-bake her way through Felicity's education.  I just want to give Jinger the benefit of the doubt.

• Love 7

Awww, if that sweet little Felicity head didn't have a bow or scarf on it, people might think she was a boy. 

Like Jill & Jessa's & Joy's kids.  Yep, boys.  All 5 of them.  Boys.  No bows or wraps for boys.   ;-P  

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Awww, if that sweet little Felicity head didn't have a bow or scarf on it, people might think she was a boy. 

Like Jill & Jessa's & Joy's kids.  Yep, boys.  All 5 of them.  Boys.  No bows or wraps for boys.   ;-P  

I believe there is one more little boy in there some what older than this child?????  At least one couple of this herd as of now prefers a private life.

13 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Aren’t we putting the cart before the horse? First Felicity needs to get a good education. Better than her mother (any of the Duggars for that matter). Even though Jer is in Seminary school I haven’t a clue about what education he was able to get before it or if he could have gotten into a regular university. Is she going to be home schooled? I just don’t see her as the first girl to break through the fundie cocoon. (I’d like to be proven wrong)

Amen! If she doesn't attend some form of formalized schooling, no way is she going on to be anything prestigious. 

• Love 6

Re: Lissy's edyamacayshun:

I see the exact opposite because at the end of the day, Jer does adore his girls, appears to value knowledge in some capacity AND he's bougie as hell. I see a possible early start with a Christian home school co-op followed a pricey Christian day school (because by then they'll have relocated to San Antonio or Dallas or even back to PA) affiliated with a church he is working at. (Perhaps even targeting the Church for work in advance if the associated school is prestigious enough. He's interested in social prominence as well as the Sweet Baby Jesus...)

Edited by asuwur
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, asuwur said:

Re: Lissy's edyamacayshun:

I see the exact opposite because at the end of the day, Jer does adore his girls, appears to value knowledge in some capacity AND he's bougie as hell. I see a possible early start with a Christian home school co-op followed a pricey Christian day school (because by then they'll have relocated to San Antonio or Dallas or even back to PA) affiliated with a church he is working at. (Perhaps even targeting the Church for work in advance if the associated school is prestigious enough. He's interested in social prominence as well as the Sweet Baby Jesus...)

I can totally see this, honestly! I still sadly can't see him allowing her to pursue a demanding adult career. Prestigious, yes, like going to Juilliard, but something feminine. Hope I am proven wrong one day!

1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Really? Interesting. My Mom has been an Ob/Gyn for 42 years, and while she was on older end for a first child (long after residency at 37) seeing new residents come through every year, occasionally one will be married/pregnant with the 4yrs, many will get engaged or get married (she is invited to tons of weddings because of this) but most end the residency unmarried and without children. Granted this may be partly geographical- we are in Chicago, where people tend to marry later anyway.....just had to comment on that. 

Awwww, your mom is giving me hope! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• Love 2

I really hope Jinger and Jeremy are the ones to debunk homeschooling for Felicity. I think if any of the married ones would, they'd be the ones to do it but we'll have a few years before we get there. Does anyone know if Alyssa Bates Webster is homeschooling her kiddos or is she using public education? I don't know what he husband went to, but I imagine it was homeschool or private Christian school. 

• Love 2

Alyssa plans to homeschool. John was also a product of homeschooling, although I imagine it wasn't quite SOTDRT level. I think Alyssa will definitely get involved in co-ops. If Jinger homeschools, I imagine she'll go that route as well. She can at least pull her weight by teaching piano.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I am a bit behind your mom, but that was generally the case back then.  Nowadays,  more female residents are married, over half where I work.  However, most don’t have kids until the final year or so of residency at the earliest.  We currently have around 20 female residents, one just had a baby and she will finish training in June, she is the only one with a child.  It is really quite uncommon for women in demanding surgical residencies to have kids.  If Felicity chooses that path, she probably wouldn’t be having kids before 30 which is quite old for a Duggar.  A couple of our residents are even doing long distance relationships with their spouse doing a residency in another city. 

8 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

I believe there is one more little boy in there some what older than this child?????  At least one couple of this herd as of now prefers a private life.

Josh doesn’t prefer a private life, it was thrust upon him.  And his daughters all wore stupid bows, too.

• Love 11
16 hours ago, Heathen said:

Nobody can say for sure what a fundie would or would not allow or what a Duggar "rule" is. I remember when people said Jim Bob and Michelle wouldn't allow their daughters to marry and that the Duggarlings would be like Sarah Maxwell, stuck at home. Now there are four daughters married. 

And one daughter pushing 30, still at home raising Michelle’s children and running her household.  I’d like to see what would happen if Jana wanted to court.

While Sarah Maxwell is still stuck at home, it appears to me that she isn’t raising her siblings’ kids for them or doing all the housework. She sleeps in a bunk bed, but she’s not sharing a dorm with a bunch of elementary schoolers.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Not sure if this has been posted before. I didn't check it out ...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/grace-community-church-of-laredos-podcast/id1348267601?mt=2

Well, now we know the names of some of the heretofore-unidentified guys who also preach there. ... I was going to say "people" who preach there, but then I remembered that half of all people are supposed to sit down and shut up. This is a men-only gig. I'm curious about the quality of the other preachers but I'm not sure I'm curious enough to actually listen and find out. 

• Love 10
19 hours ago, Lunera said:

Valerie has an engineering degree, worked as a music teacher, and has played in many bands throughout the years. I think she focusing on her band right now. She lives in Cape May, New Jersey. 

Wait what? Cape May? I have family down there. Does this mean I might spot a Duggar while I'm on vacation? If she lives there full-time it's a small town...there's a good shot of running into them if it's the off season.

Then again, Cape May has a very active gay population...so probably not someplace the Vuolos like to visit. Unfortunately for them, I tend to drink a lot when visiting Cape May (my family are big fans of wine) and god only knows what I'd say if I saw Jinger Duggar hanging out at the site of my best childhood memories. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

Yes, there is Joe and Kendra's boy, Garrett, whom we never see.  And Anna's adorable little boy; can't remember his name.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, questionfear said:

Wait what? Cape May? I have family down there. Does this mean I might spot a Duggar while I'm on vacation? If she lives there full-time it's a small town...there's a good shot of running into them if it's the off season.

Then again, Cape May has a very active gay population...so probably not someplace the Vuolos like to visit. Unfortunately for them, I tend to drink a lot when visiting Cape May (my family are big fans of wine) and god only knows what I'd say if I saw Jinger Duggar hanging out at the site of my best childhood memories. 

Valerie graduated from the Hartt school of music in Ct with a BA in music/violin. Her resume is impressive, as she studied with well known violinists. She received several awards while a student.

She does not have an engineering degree. I thing she puts engineer on her resume to describe a sound engineer who deals with the acoustics in live performances and enhancing the sound on records.

Her band had a full schedule of live performances in the summer of 2018, mostly in Cape May, and seems very popular.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

Of course, Anna has 2 boys, Michael and Mason, and as louannems points out, Joe & Kendra have Garrett.  

But those boys didn't come from her sisters.  That's the competition.  

(And Anna & Josh's kids don't ever really figure into the equation for me.)

• Love 3
7 hours ago, doodlebug said:

And one daughter pushing 30, still at home raising Michelle’s children and running her household.  I’d like to see what would happen if Jana wanted to court.

While Sarah Maxwell is still stuck at home, it appears to me that she isn’t raising her siblings’ kids for them or doing all the housework. She sleeps in a bunk bed, but she’s not sharing a dorm with a bunch of elementary schoolers.

I tell you, I feel for jana. I feel like raising her parents' kids is kind of her choice, indirectly. If she's choosing not to get married, then she is choosing to raise their kids. It's the only option available to her if she stays at home, and even though it sucks, she's at least indirectly choosing it as the lesser of two evils at the moment. Plus, she already lives with these kids, and has a vested interest in their upbringing since they're her siblings. Of course, if JB is preventing her from courting so she can raise the children, that's different. 

I just can't imagine, though, how I'd feel if my four younger sisters all married before me, and then I had raise their children so they could have *quality time* with their *best hubbies ever!* It would be so alienating, because first they are rewarded with a marriage and kids, and then rewarded with free time to enjoy their marriage while jana gets dumped on. Of course, occasional babysitting is okay, but it seems like jana does a lot more than babysitting. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

Of course, Anna has 2 boys, Michael and Mason, and as louannems points out, Joe & Kendra have Garrett.  

OK.  Thank you. 

18 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Really? I have no doubt that if Jana wanted to court, she would. I also have a feeling that she will court sooner or later.  

As for Sarah, she does basically what her parents want her to and will be helping more and more with her nieces and nephews. (Although she doesn't sleep in bunks; that's her sisters. )

Jana is still more likely to court than Sarah, and it may be her choice to stay single. It wouldn't surprise me if there was pressure for Jana to find someone, especially as she's pushing thirty and the Laura rumors.  It seemed like JB was telling her to find someone when he mentioned her age and single status on her birthday last year.  I hope Jana only gets married if she wants to. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 6

I don’t know if the Duggars ever intend for Jana to court. Her “job” right now is to raise the rest of the clan. When Josie is full grown and off to courting, then her job description will change to being her parents care giver. She runs the house, raises the young’uns, cleans (well, not too much but with everything else to do), does laundry, cooks...all this is free labor and nursing. They’ll never want to let her go. No other daughter has been groomed to be as complacent as she is with all these responsibilities. None of the husbands are ever going to want to move back into the main compound with family in tow to allow their wife to become her parents keeper. Then again I guess it depends on how dependent they are on Boobs deep pockets. 

• Love 14
21 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Of course, if JB is preventing her from courting so she can raise the children, that's different. 

I think that this was his plan for many years (she would raise the kids and then segue into caring for him and Michelle in their old age), but I think he's also saving her as his ratings ace in the hole. He knows that Jana is the one that the leghumpers and TV fans really want to see married. A Jana courtship and wedding would excite viewers far beyond the rather tepid "been there, done that" response to Joy's marriage. I think that's why JD was pushed into what was clearly a hastily-arranged marriage; he's a fan favorite and his courtship/wedding generated far more attention than Joy's.

Jim Bob will keep Jana on ice until he needs a big bargaining chip with TLC (or a distraction from the next big Josh scandal). Then, when he decides it's in HIS best interests, an eligible suitor will magically appear, Jana will fall in love on cue and the leghumpers will wet themselves over the beauty and romance of it all.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 20

I feel so badly for Jana because I think not wanting her love life played out on TV is one of the reasons she's held off on marriage for so long. She's very private. I can't see her sitting on a couch with her significant other as the producers ask them if they're excited for their first kiss. How embarrassing, especially when you're pushing 30.

• Love 21
On 28/12/2018 at 6:53 PM, leighdear said:

Whenever I read Mason’s name I think Manson, Marylin Manson 😁please be the rebel Mason. 

• Love 8