Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

I can't see JB and J'chelle thinking that that is a good idea. Now, if they wanted to do a photo shoot of JB and J'chelle surrounded by their grandbabies, I think they would think that's a SUPER idea.

I think they actually did that a year or so ago, right? When Garrett and Gideon were the babies, I think? I mean, there were whole family photos going on, but I remember a really awkward grandkid photo with JB and M in the middle.

Of course in this family such photos need constant updating. The fact that the adults don't have real jobs may be a helpful factor in organizing, but there's still the fact that Jinger's so far away and Jill is now somewhat estranged, not to mention the constant influx of new babies. Maybe they'll try another one after Abbie delivers, particularly if one of the Howlers gets married that spring or summer. (I think the last big picture coincided with someone's wedding... Josiah's, maybe?)

As for me, I don't think any of the third generation Duggars are hideous or anything, but I'd go for Henry and Sam as current cutest. At the baby/ toddler age, though, appearances can change quickly!

• Love 9
5 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'm surprised they haven't thought of having a littleduggars photo shoot with all of the grandkids together.   Everyone has different tastes and opinions, but I think Spurge an Felicitee are the cutest.  Jill and Smuggar's kids are the least cute.

I think a yearly Duggar cousin photo shoot at the same time every year lined up from oldest to youngest would be really cute, and as the line keeps growing you can see everyone age. 

• Love 18
19 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think a yearly Duggar cousin photo shoot at the same time every year lined up from oldest to youngest would be really cute, and as the line keeps growing you can see everyone age. 

It would! 

But Michelle won't be able to organize it since she can't name them in order. 😉

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I read this and thought it would be cute, and then I thought that it would suffer from the same problems as all of the Duggar photos -- with a dozen kids in a long line, you'll hardly be able to see the kids faces. I then realized the flaw in my logic -- that's not the point at all, is it? None of those kids matter to their grandparents as individual human beings. Their value is that they are one of many. Their value is that they are indistinguishable "soldiers for Christ" whose very number magnifies JB's glpry in his own head.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

The kids need name tags based on age. Duggar #1 etc. who needs names in that family. 

Yes.  Maybe Ma and Pa Kettle could remember a number better than a name.  But yes again, tags would probably be required.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I think they actually did that a year or so ago, right? When Garrett and Gideon were the babies, I think? I mean, there were whole family photos going on, but I remember a really awkward grandkid photo with JB and M in the middle.

Of course in this family such photos need constant updating. The fact that the adults don't have real jobs may be a helpful factor in organizing, but there's still the fact that Jinger's so far away and Jill is now somewhat estranged, not to mention the constant influx of new babies. Maybe they'll try another one after Abbie delivers, particularly if one of the Howlers gets married that spring or summer. (I think the last big picture coincided with someone's wedding... Josiah's, maybe?)

As for me, I don't think any of the third generation Duggars are hideous or anything, but I'd go for Henry and Sam as current cutest. At the baby/ toddler age, though, appearances can change quickly!

I'll jump in.  They are all pretty cute little spuds but I hate to say some of Smugs kids aren't that attractive at this point.  Maybe they will grow into their faces but that is my assessment.  I do not feel this way because their father is horrible.  I feel like a complete shithead commenting on their kids countenances but there it is.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Considering how many grandchildren at any given time are in the infant/ non-standing stage, a double line might be helpful so the older kids could hold/ prop up the little ones. But even that would quickly become unwieldy at the rate they're reproducing...

My grandparents had twenty grandchildren (so 1/10 the amount JB aspires to), and thanks to several families who lived out of state and the last grandchild being born quite a bit after everyone else, they never did get a photo of all twenty of us together. You know there will come a point when this happens with the Duggars, but I hope it happens sooner rather than later. Even if it's not a complete estrangement, surely someone is going to stop coming to visit (with their kids) at every summons. Or anyhow, thirty years from now when the younger kids are still pushing out babies, hopefully some of the older grandchildren will have flown the coop. But I hope it's sooner than that, and it's an actual Duggar child who manages to hit the road and never look back.

**Edited to add the last known mass grandkid pic, where Michelle couldn't be bothered to hold two grandkids even though Henry clearly can't manage to sit correctly on a backless seat on his own...

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Love 10

They are all cute, really...Gideon was a tad unfortunate looking for a little while, but his disposition has always seemed so sunny that he always made me smile. Henry went through that Winston Churchill phase that many babies do when they are bald and chubby, but you could always tell there were good features in there. Spurgie has a cherubic look which is very photogenic. Hard to tell with Ivy so far, but I suspect she will be as attractive as her siblings.

Izzy has a lovely, delicate face which brings out my motherly instinct, but I hate that he appears to already be so downtrodden. Derick wasn't bad looking growing up, so I have hope that even though Iz resembles him, it will still work out for him. Sam has a pretty standard Duggar look to him, but so far appears to have some spunk and personality. Maybe he'll get to keep it?

Felicity has the distinction of looking distinctly not like a Duggar, and, in fact, has that slightly Mediterranean look which makes her appear more exotic than the others. I don't know that I personally find her extraordinarily cute, but she's a sweet little thing, and has quite a lively, intelligent look so far.

So far, Kendra's Garrett strikes me as the most conventionally pretty, and Addison may well follow suit.

Haven't seen enough of Bella to say, but Lauren, for all her faults is very pretty, and the baby appears to look like her so far.

No comment on the Smuggar brood as there are just so many of them and we haven't seen all that much, really. I do think Marcus has a quirky little face which could skew either way on the attractiveness scale. The rest are rather interchangeable.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
13 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Meredith is the cutest, hands down, and I will throw tater tot casserole at anyone who disagrees!

And I kind of hate myself for even comparing cuteness of kids on the Internet, but here we are. Meredith all the way. 

I’ve always had a soft spot for Meredith, too!

• Love 6
On 11/23/2019 at 10:54 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Yeah, I don’t think Felicity is extraordinarily cute or anything. 

She’s really not, but she has such a cute personality that it makes her seem more appealing IMO.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Sounds like an evergreen PR stunt that just might carry JB and Michelle to their twilight years.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I'll jump in.  They are all pretty cute little spuds but I hate to say some of Smugs kids aren't that attractive at this point.  Maybe they will grow into their faces but that is my assessment.  I do not feel this way because their father is horrible.  I feel like a complete shithead commenting on their kids countenances but there it is.

Same. Most of them take after Anna's parents and, well...

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 11/24/2019 at 9:42 AM, MunichNark said:

That poor child is nothing but a prop. She's constantly used for publicity. Maybe they should have named her Publicytee.

Other than that, Jinger really is human tofu, isn't she? Such blandness. Much like Jana.

And Jeremee - where would you even start? He is so full of himself. He's in for a rude awakening at some point, I reckon, when his luck runs out

I just love this statement. HUMAN TOFU. How perfect and fitting. She really is like tofu. 😝

All these two posers are doing is updating/modernizing the way Jinger grew up. Except, instead of TV, it's the damn internet. Over and over and over again. Not just once a week for TV viewing.  Jinger had no choice but to be on TV. The fact that they are inserting FeliciTEE into every picture and posing her in stupid photo shoots to benefit their "Brand" (stupid stupid. stupid!) makes them absolutely  NO better that Jim Blob and his wife. In some ways, I think what they are doing is worse.  FeliciTEE has no choice, and likely will not have a choice....ever. How is this any better? Free Jinger from what? She is only perpetuating her parents behaviors and using their child to enhance their "brand". Ugh. Makes. Me. Sick.

• Love 10
On 11/23/2019 at 8:38 PM, Temperance said:

Is it just me or is Felicity just your average toddler with cuter outfits ready for Instagram? Everyone keeps talking how adorable she is.  She is cute in the same way most kids are cute. I think (or like to think) that most parents think their own kids are cute, but strangers are usually not as interested. I know people who have babies/toddlers and it's the same way with their kids. I have nothing against the kids, but they're not my kids and mostly they look about the same. 

I do hope that if Felicity ever does not want her picture taken that her parents would be willing for her to opt out (not likely I know). Especially if she's in an awkward phase.

I think Felicity is a completely ordinary looking baby, but she seems to have a great disposition  and personality, which will do more for her long-term.

I think Spurgeon is the best looking among the cousins and Ivy seems to be developing as very pretty. Incidentally, Spurgeon also seems to have a sweet nature and good personality.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I find the Vuolos to be very boring. Everything about them is carefully staged and I don't think there is any there there.

You may be right.  Personally I'm waiting to see what happens if Jeremy's path to ministry develops any serious roadblocks.  It would be interesting to watch him try to reinvent -- and how torn Jinger is or is not about following her headship on a different path that's further away from Ma and Pa.    

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I found Jeremy and Jinger to be a bit condescending to Joe and Kendra at the restaurant. I would think they know 'how worldly and classy' they are now out in LA and wanted to shoe Joe & Kendra up. A person who possesses class and consideration would have gone to nice restaurant, one that their guests would also be comfortable dining at. Inconsiderate is what I call Jeremy & Kendra. …..also, I glanced at the prices on that menu during a couple of seconds on the screen and it was NOT CHEAP. How can the Vuolos afford to eat there so often that they 'are friends' with the owner? Does Jeremy care if the owner is his type of Christian?.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

RFP’s primary theology is the Church of the Everlasting Freebie, so I doubt he gives it a first thought, let alone a second.

Good point. That's probably what was going on when he was gazing into Mr. Son-of-Free-House-Provider's eyes in the coffee shop, too.  Jer looked into those eyes and saw Free Money! No wonder he looked so smitten. 

• LOL 19
On 11/24/2019 at 5:29 PM, emma675 said:

I'm a coldhearted bitch a lot of the time but I'm not going to comment on if any of the babies are cute or common or ugly. They are babies, there is nothing they can do about the way they look.

Their parents on the other hand are free game.

isn’t judging, rating, etc. the looks those kids under 18, against the rules of this site?  Like the discussion of whether or not any of the under 18s are gay?  I thought it was... then again, as someone who spent 20-some years reading the comments sections on Slate and Salon, I can attest that there’s nothing particularly daring or countercultural about running down the looks of infants, or ‘not thinking all babies are cute’.  Seinfeld did a whole episode about it quite brilliantly, and that shit’s already 20 years old.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, queenanne said:

isn’t judging, rating, etc. the looks those kids under 18, against the rules of this site?  Like the discussion of whether or not any of the under 18s are gay?  I thought it was... then again, as someone who spent 20-some years reading the comments sections on Slate and Salon, I can attest that there’s nothing particularly daring or countercultural about running down the looks of infants, or ‘not thinking all babies are cute’.  Seinfeld did a whole episode about it quite brilliantly, and that shit’s already 20 years old.

yep...but if you read those kind of posts as if the girls in the movie "mean girls" are writing them/saying them...it takes it to a whole Notha level ....

• Love 1
20 hours ago, floridamom said:

I found Jeremy and Jinger to be a bit condescending to Joe and Kendra at the restaurant. I would think they know 'how worldly and classy' they are now out in LA and wanted to shoe Joe & Kendra up. A person who possesses class and consideration would have gone to nice restaurant, one that their guests would also be comfortable dining at. Inconsiderate is what I call Jeremy & Kendra. …..also, I glanced at the prices on that menu during a couple of seconds on the screen and it was NOT CHEAP. How can the Vuolos afford to eat there so often that they 'are friends' with the owner? Does Jeremy care if the owner is his type of Christian?.

Haven't seen the episode, but it's likely that TLC paid for that meal. Nothing the producers love more that showing Duggars trying new foods and/or bumpkin-ing about.

• Love 12

I think that guy offered them a free shoot in return for promotion. There's no reason for them to keep tagging the photographer if they paid for the photos.

Edited by Lunera
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Have they posted anything "Fresh" lately?  It seems most of what they post is from the past.  Could it be that Jer is actually hunkered down and studying?

My theory is they're trying to deflect in order to surprise us with the news that Jinger is pregnant. Like here are pictures from a while back so you'll be surprised she's pregnant. Except Jinger is a Duggar and that a Duggar is pregnant isn't surprising! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 15
33 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

He looks like he just broke a tooth.

The first pic looks like gas. The second pic does look like he is going to need to call a dentist.

Neither one is a ringing endorsement for that product or makes me want to try it. 😂

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Have they posted anything "Fresh" lately?  It seems most of what they post is from the past.  Could it be that Jer is actually hunkered down and studying?

Books probably realized these things and trips cost time and money. They've been lucky thus far that Prop looks like she's been a relatively easy baby. Also helps Jinger is used to traveling endless hours for nothing.

At some point though they won't be able to sustain this pace. Prop may not longer cooperate for the camera. If Jinger is pregnant with #2, try lugging around a newborn and a toddler to all these restaurants in LA. It isn't happening. There's no way Books is posting Jill Dillard inspired moments on IG. 

It will be very interesting when Vuolo #2 shows up. I'm wondering what happens when they get the kid that makes every attempt at a photo shoot miserable for everyone involved. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6